Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Unacceptable delivery of new oven

New oven was delivered in damaged condition on 7/19. Mrg was to call me re new delivery date but this never happened. I called store the next day and found out that delivery of another over would be delivered on 7/31 which means that i can't finish the remodeling of my kitchen for several more weeks. In addition, my cabinets can't be opened due to the damaged over. I called the store and got DISCONECTED (?) WHILE EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM. I'll never buy anything from Lowes again! This complaint, combined with two Lowes sale items being out of stock and the home improvement estimates for my kitchen last year being a waste of time and money means I'll be shopping at Home Depot in the future - HD is a professional organization but Lowes is amateurish. Bye

You obviously had to order the oven. Do you think they delivered a damaged oven on purpose?

It takes time to get the oven from the manufacturer to deliver, so no they can't deliver it the next day.

Ho is not having the oven holding up the rest of the kitchen or keeping you from opening cabinet doors? Sounds like someone trying to make a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Review
Cons
  • See comment above
  • Lack of response from corporate lowes
  • Poor quality and poor customer service
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Bay Shore, New York - Entry Door - Wrong color - no door *** - wrong hardware for strom door.

I ordered an entry door from Loews = I wanted a black door with Oval Lite window. The salesman hit the wrong color. I didn't catch it. The receipt for the storm door - with black trim was on top and it noted the color black. The door came in in the color Eclipse. This happens to be a navy or midnight navy blue - in some lights your can't tell. Took me a while to catch it. The door had no door *** I understand now they do not come with door knobs. Could I have been told that. My carpenter is at the house installing the door and I have to run out and purchase the door *** 2nd. The storm door comes in with the wrong hardware - so the door handle opens incorrectly. Sad to say - I thought Loews was step up. It is a step down - I will never purchase from them again. Sales people should be informed and help the customer.

Store employees do their best to get you the products you want. Sometimes they make the error, sometimes it's how the customer communicates their desires.

They reason they print the orders out for you is so that you can review them and make sure you are getting what you want. Having worked in retail for over 40 years 90% of the time customers will blame the salesperson. Its odd that the customers feel they are so perfect and it's only possible for a salesperson to make a mistake. Your post even indicates you assume things rather than asking.

For example, the door *** There are multiple brands, colors and styles of door knobs available. Why would you assume they would pick one and include it with the door? I pitty the next store you choose.

You won't find that their salespeople are perfect either, nor will they be able to read your mind and know what you are assuming about the products you are purchasing. Next time take a little time to learn about the products you are shopping for before making a purchase.

Product
Poor customer service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - WHO KNOWS WERE THE ORDER IS OR WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??

3.5

Update by user Jul 21, 2017

After repeated calls and emails. I finally got a call that the frig was on its way to my house.

But after I was told 3-4 different things. As big as a company this is you'd think they'd have a better system to know what going on with orders anytime along the process!

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I placed an order07/18/2017 Order #: 337343699 Invoice #: Order Total: $898.31 by calling and the rep was very pleasant. and she informed me that I would be receiving a call later that eve last night and I did not. the reason why I purchased this frig not just the price but my current is not working correctly and I needed the new one as to not loose all my food. So, I sit here on indefinite hold while the rep I called is doing who knows what?? this is really poor customer service. and I've spent plenty of money with your company. This really *** me off to no end!. That I'm told one thing and then I do not get what I was told. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER THEN I RECEIVED THIS FROM THEIR CUSTOMER CARE: Greetings David, I appreciate your email regarding the delivery status of order number 337343699. I apologize for any inconvenience. I checked my records and they say your order was delivered today. If you believe there to be any discrepancy, please let me know and I will do whatever possible to help resolve your order status. Optionally, I invite you to contact the store fulfilling the order at (804) 226-5440. They are there to help as well. If at any time you would like to call the Lowe's Corporate Customer Care/Sales Team, their phone number is 800-445-6937. They are available for help at your convenience, Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (EST). I truly value you as our customer and sincerely appreciate you choosing Lowe's for your home improvement needs. If for any reason you require further assistance, please feel free to let me know by replying to this email and I will respond at the earliest possibility. Best regards, Mark O. Lowes Customer Care I wouldn't be contacting them if I had the product looking where it is now would I! Come on now REALLY!!WTF!!

I can help . Avoid buying from Lowes. The delivery people are hideous.

You ordered this unit online.

Online orders are not always up to date with inventory, and many times sell the display as valid inventory.

Which most people don't like.

There are literally 0 comments in your order. So I dont know how to further help you.

Review
Pros
  • Staff
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
  • Variety and quality of plants
Cons
  • Delivery prblems
Tags
  • Refrigerator Delivery Lowes

Lowes in Union, New Jersey - Paralytic delivery system

2.4

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

I consider this situation half resolved. I went in the store to get my money back.

I got one of the two purchases refunded and I am still waiting for the other one to show up on my card.

This clownish operation would never happen at Home Depot I know since they have a dedicated team to resolve these things way before they get this far. Will update.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I have never been treated this way by any business. I cannot believe how poorly your operation functions. Contrary to the email I received telling me my chairs have been delivered, they have not. One Monday I went to the store in Union NJ to find out why? What it the problem? Why can none of your staff figure this out? I took Sean by the hand, led him over to the two boxes of chairs he had in stock ( I only need one of the boxes ). He made some kind of note, talked to Sly, came back to me and told me they would pick up the incorrect order on Monday and leave the correct order. But I would have to pay for the chairs AGAIN! since something was delivered to my house lol. OK, I did it figuring I will get a refund in a few days. Now though you have over $700.00 of mine and I have nothing since you picked up the incorrect delivery but left no replacement. I have been trying to call the store, all day yesterday but could not speak with anybody. I kept getting hung up on or ignored. The people you hire should not be allowed near your telephone. They represent your company very poorly. I called the store today around noon and spoke to Jonathan in delivery. Sean was not in. He said he cannot get it to me today. I told him that is unacceptable. I asked to speak to the store manager. Not in. I spoke to, I think she said Vanessa. I am not sure. Her language and speaking skills could not coherently convey her name in an understandable way even after asking her to speak clearly. She seems to say the same thing as Jonathan, it cannot be done today. That is unacceptable. Tomorrow will mark the 30th day since I placed the order for an in stock item on June 30th. I have been lied to by store staff numerous times. I do not have it yet and you are holding twice the original purchase price. If you think just writing this little diatribe is somehow therapeutic and I am done venting, you do not know me. I am taking your clown show on the road. You know what happens when you do right by a customer? Nothing. They go about their business because things went as they should. When you burn a customer, what does he do? He goes out of his way to inform at least 10 people of what happened. I suggest you get your store in line. Have someone load the box into a truck and send it to my house. Today. Within hours. NOT tomorrow! ENOUGH!!
rich1552

My latest email. I keep getting different people.

Lowesdeliveryservices@lowes.com

12:43 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello Ruth,

I sincerly apologize for the inconvience and frustrations that this has caused.

I have reached out to the store and spoke with Tahiv the service manager. He advised that you will be receiving the chairs on Saturday 7/22/2017. I aslo inquired about your refund he advised it takes 3-5 business days from the date the chairs were picked up for the credit to show to your account. Once againg I sincerly apologize for all the frustration that this has caused.

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you, Anna rich f 1:27 PM (1 hour ago) to Lowesdeliverys. Dear ronda/alex/matthew/terry/anna lol What don't you get? Cancel the order and return ALL of my $700.00 plus NOW!!

I DO NOT WANT THE CHAIRS!!! Your store has no respect for you personally, or the position you hold. Otherwise I would have had my chairs weeks ago. Your office is impotent.

They have been laughing for weeks now. Even after I caught them lying to my face about being out of stock, and showed them 2 boxes, the same ones I saw when I placed the order, they do not take a customer seriously. The store has severe personnel issues. I am 65 and in all my years I have never encountered a more poorly run operation.

Today I stand in disbelief that you would think giving me another delay/date 2 days ahead would be appeasing to me after all that has occurred. Amazing indeed. You clowns have run out of time. Know where you will be in 5 years?

Research Sears and Kmart. Since more than 30 days have passed since placing this order, and the fact that you extorted the purchase price from me AGAIN and STILL failed to deliver, you can be sure I will begin actions against your company which will be quite punitive in nature.

Consider is your notice to escalate the matter into qualified hands. Failure to escalate this matter would indicate the level of detachment from reality all of you suffer from and will be quite costly to you in the end.

Review
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders

Lowes - No Call, No Show

2.1
We recently purchased a counter top from Lowe's. Our experience was very good and we were happy with everything. We decided to put in a fence in our back yard and trusted Lowe's in Warsaw, Indiana to do the job. June 14, 2017, we paid over 10,000.00 to have fence put in. We were told it would be 3 weeks before installation could be started as they had to order materials. Ran into Sales person, Gavin Weeks about 2 weeks later while getting some paint. He told us that our fencing was in and we could expect installation to begin July 14th. 2 days before and day of, husband and I took off to make sure ground was prepped and see if installer needed help. The 14th came and went. No call, no show. On 16th, I called the store to talk to Sales person. He was not in. Left msg on his cell phone, no call back. Finally called complaint number. they told me someone would call me back. Manager Jeremy called me back and told me he had to call because of my complaint. He told me that Lowe's no longer handles installations. It's all 3rd party now and they have no control over when our fence would be put in and that I would just have to deal with it. Told him, had we known they had no control over their promised work, we would have ordered elsewhere. He said there was nothing he could do, bid me a good day, and hung up phone. I spent the whole rest of that day getting mad and began my journey the following morning. I called customer service starting at 8:00a.m. the next morning, determined to get some answeres. I was given so many stories as to why the fence could not be installed. I talked to 16 different people from local, area, and regional offices, each with a different story about different supplies that had not come in. One person said 4 posts had not come in, on another call, another person told me a gate had not come in, yet another person on a different call told me they were waiting on a missing panel. The last person I spoke with said they were lacking 16 bags of gravel! I called the store back andbthey said they had 31 bags of that type of gravel on the shelf. Now I'm really mad. I did more digging on the internet and found a number for Lowe's headquarters in Mooresville, NC. I made 1 last call to regional office and told them that if I didn't get some straight answeres, that my next call would be to their headquarters. The lady I spoke with said she would call me back with answers. The rest of the day went by with no call, so before office closed. I called regional office again and was told they had 24 hours in which to call me back. In the meantime, I get a return text from Sales person, telling me I got him in trouble, and now it's out of his store's hands. Today, I get a call from an installer from 40 miles away, saying he will be installing the fence on the 15th of August, and that was the best he could do. It's too late for us to change plans right now. Other fence installers not associated with Lowe's are booked for the rest of the year. Had we started with other installers earlier, we would have our much needed fence by now. My advice to you...Don't order from Lowe's! If you have already ordered and have a complaint, call Mooresville, NC, and save your sanity!
#1352042

Lowe's and Home Depot have both been using third party installers since day one. AND those third party installers make less than 50% on Lowe's and Home Depot jobs than they would have if Lowe's and Home depot hadn't been involved. So the problem is this, Lowe's really isn't responsible, (sorry to tell you that), the installers aren't particularly concerned about doing a job and making half as much on it as they would on other jobs (who would?), and thirdly, most of the installers that contract with Lowe's (and of course Home Depot) are struggling to get jobs, which means that they aren't necessarily the best installers out there.

Sorry, but that's the reality of doing business with a cut throat discount home improvement store.

@Anonymous

Does the customer pay the third party contractors or Lowe's? If they pay Lowe's then they are the contractor and third party is the sub contractor.

Therefor Lowe's is the go to for the problems. If Lowe's is only paying 50% to sub contractor then shame on Lowe's and now you have let the rest of the English speaking world know what kind of *** they pull.

Order processing issue

Lowes - I needed to see if you could help me fine purchase reciet

It was two long and, since I'm not sure of the amount and, such that is why not fault of yours just couldn't be helped thank you though

Lowes in Meridian, Mississippi - Absolute Nightmare

3.6
Made an order on Sat 7/8. They scheduled it for delivery and took payment for delivery knowing that they didn't have the merchandise in the store. The problem with that is I asked if it was in stock before purchasing. They delivered 1/5th of the order and said too bad you just have to wait until we get the rest to you. Didn't show the next day or the next. They didn't call to say they wouldn't deliver. Now have made 3 trips into the store from Newton trying to pick it up myself but still don't have everything. Had to go to Philadelphia and repurchase some of the things I already paid for in Meridian because still don't have them. They lie. They lie. Then they lie some more. They don't care if they inconvenience you just that your wallet is open to them. They don't care. Still don't have it yet. Turns out the stuff I bought was not even in scheduled to be delivered to the store until 7/18. But they are still there fidgeting with their hair
Review
Cons
  • Lack of service and followup
  • Could care less about inconvenience to customer after the sale
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Poor service & poor workmanship

2.0
order 3,500 $ door .took 3 months for door to arrive, I had to call several times to find out when door arrived. 2nd time I called person said,oh yea door has been here for 2 weeks. rj const was contractor installing door. cancelled install twice. finally install day came, lowes wanted to know if I had the door. what!!!!. couldn't find it. finally found it,installer did ok job of installing door in opening. but horrible job of installing outside trim. questioned him on it an he said trim was like that. trim has never been removed in 25 yrs !! lowes called several days later to find out how job went. told them exactly what I thought. they said sorry you feel that way, have a good day. have photos but don't know how to load them. never again.
Review
Cons
  • Poor ser an install
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
opology not needed will never be using lowes again.

Lowes - Online Order Never Got Delivered & Refused to Refund

We were remodeling the kitchen & unfortunately, happened to order all the kitchen appliences from Lowe's online store. Their delivery date was anyway delaying our project but we made up our minds to wait. We got confirmations & calls before the delivery date about the scheduled time of delivery & that the goods are on our way. & the next day, they called & told that the order didn't arrive & they rescheduled it for one month after!! HOW COME? So we should wait another month to finish the kitchen! So reliable these people are. & not to mention the politness of the customer support people! Then we checked with home depot & they had delivery dates earlier than that, even if we place the order at that point. But we had to wait till they refund the money because it was alot we spent. Then again they told that they cannot deliver it to our house but it is available in the store. The store location they gave was too far from our house & my husband had to drive 1 1/2 hours to pick them up, to finally find out that they had never arrived! We were so frustrated & asked for the full refund, & then these funny people said that the order was marked "delivred" so they cannot refund money! We had to call back & fourth, to several stores , to different people & their managers spending so much money & hours on calls to resolve this. One time we had to take a Skype call to let one person from one store talk to the online store to confirm that our order was not delivered! First of all, an online system should be integrated with all the stores to reflect the same information everywhere! The customer should not be the middle man who integrates the system! After all these struggle , we finally got our refund. Overall,what we wanna say is that, Lowe's is a shame! We will stop everybody we know from buying anything at Lowe's. Lowe's do not help your home "improve" as their name say. We can suggest a name like "Lowe's low quality service that hinders your home improvements"

i am presently in that exact situation but have yet to figure out how to get a refund. i even had contact with them, with invoices to prove it, the day after it was supposed to be delivered.

they claimed their had been a mess up and it had not even shipped yet and then gave me a discount on it. when it still did not arrive, and no tracking information sent to me, i contacted them again, by phone, and they claimed it had already been delivered on the 9th but could not find any tracking information on it but still refused to give me a refund.

at this point i have reported them to the Attorney General of my state and have filed a complaint with the BBB to attempt to get my money back. no luck yet and i am not sure what to do next if ti does not work.

Tell the truth. Your title line is a lie.

If you read your post, they in fact did refund your purchase. Yes, it took a bit of work to get a refund but in the end they did not refuse to refund.

@Anonymous

They did try to get a refund but Lowe's said the stuff was delivered, so they couldn't get the refund. They had to prove they did not get the items they ordered.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - NEW KITCHEN

I STARTED A NEW KITCHEN IN FEBURARY ITS NOW JULY AND MY KITCHEN STILL IS NOT FINISH I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN ITS A TOTAL DISAGRACE THAT I HAVE TO ENDURE ALL THIS STRESS I'M A SENIOR 83 ALL I WANTED WAS A NEW KITCHEN MY HOUSE IS A WRECK I WILL BE REPORTING YOU TO ABC NEWS TROUBLES SHOOTER DEPARTMENT BECAUSE THIS IS SO STRESSFUL WAITING ON YOU SLOW PEOPLE NO WONDER YOU HAVE OVER 3000 COMPLAINTS MY FREIND SAYS SHE WAS ASK TO GET A CREDIT CARD AND SHE SAID NEVER NEVER HOME DEPOT IS HER STORE MY NAME IS ESHTER JACK I LIVE IN ROCKY MOUNT NC MY NUMBER 1S 252 9776345 AND I HAVE SO FED UP WITH YOU PEOPLE

If you started the kitchen in February it isn't out of the norm to still be working on it in July. Often there are 4-6 weeks of planning for the kitchen before ordering.

Then the cabinets would be ordered taking another 4-5 weeks and then some if holidays come into play which they more than likely did. Often the countertops are not fabricated until the cabinets are installed and an accurate measurement made. All too often a cabinet gets banged up in shipping and has to be re-ordered.

So yes the final touches may not be in place but my guess is that work has been progressing and you expected this to be a quick and easy project. Tearing out a kitchen and replacing the cabinet and countertops is a big project and shouldn't be expected to happen overnight.

@Anonymous

I don't know where you got your degree in but 5 months for a kitchen is just plan BS. *** a whole house could be built in 6-7 months. Sounds like contractor did not do his homework and I would like to see his plans for this kitchen

Order processing issue