Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes is the worst. deceptive

bought a dishwasher, online, from Belmont NC store, website states delivered in 24 hours, needless to say no one contacted me , by tuesday I had called them, said delivery the 16th then the 14th, thought I paid for installation, come to find out there is some question under the product that states "do you need an install" then you're supposed to call that number. Never saw any of this, come to find out if I had I would have found the install was an additional 149.00 to intall a dishwasher purchased from them, dig , dig , dig for every thing, fee for everything, surprised there wasn't a fee for call to find out there's a fee to install, American industry at it's worst, I will make a direct effort to purchase anything next time from a local dealer. LOWES IS THE WORST!

Do you expect the person that comes out to install the dishwasher to do it for nothing? Not only do they deserve to be paid for their time they also need to be compensated for vehicle expenses, tools, supplies needed for installation. I doubt you'd go to work every day if you didn't get paid.

How else do you expect them to make any money? People expect their prices to be so cheap they had to stop including all of those services in their prices!

That is exactly why there are so few local businesses anymore. People buy into the low price thing and don't give a *** about the extra service the local businesses used to include in their prices.

It's been going on for 50 years. I really don't understand how anyone can be surprised by it!

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

Lowes in Ellenwood, Georgia - This service is very poor

Purchased riding mower thru Lowes and XPO was the delivery choice of Lowes. Best to AVOID LOWES AND THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE. Experience was a TOTAL DISASTER and their driver promised a $50 LOWES Gift card for my troubles and that was just a BIG LIE to put me off and shut me up. LOWES and THIS COMPANY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON TIME PERFORMANCE Was very very poor, mower would not start for a delivery demo. No Gas in mower, dead battery and delivery men were very unprofessional and liars in the highes degree. Additionally, no followup from LOWES after my complaint phone calls. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO *** GOOD....AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID *** LIARS
Review
Cons
  • Drivers
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Sale items they don't have

3.2
read an add in Phila. local newspaper for a ceiling fan. no store in Phila. Pa. area had it in stock. ordered it online on July 29 it was to here on July 9. on July 2 I was told it be here on July 12. I called customer service and was told they would ship it from another location and it would be here on July 13. on July 13 received email that said it may ship on July 17. I found this item in stores in other areas but customer service reps said they can not ship from these stores to me. I guess customer service stops at state boarders. so on July 14 I will be closing my account with Lowes.

Ok bye then.

Order processing issue

3.1
Lowes - Lowe's and Alabama Dream Homes are the Worst!
Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe. We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes. The problems include: The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, AL were required to insist that building codes be followed. Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does. Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard. Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.
Review
Cons
  • Illegal services and stress
  • Slowness
  • Lack of response from corporate lowes
Bad quality
  • Low Quality Work
  • Terrible Customer Service

Lowes - Inferior product

2.9
I bought a Powerbright inverter 11/15. had it installed in RV. I used it 3 times and it tore up. It had a 1 year warranty but it stopped working about 1 year and 4 months. This item cost me about 450.00 and I got to use it 3 times. No one at my local Lowe's or at corporate would give me satisfaction. The Company Powerbright said they could repair it and it would cost 75.00 hr and shipping cost. So, if I had it repaired, the total cost would now be over 500.00 and who is to know if it would last? I feel this made in China product was flawed and I am pissed at Lowe's and Powerbright! Won't buy another thing from Lowe's that cost a lot of money and definitely never buy another Powerbright. Sick of cheap made ***!

Why do people think the retailer is responsible for product quality? This really confuses me.

Lowe's is only providing a product for sale at the price it's consumers are willing to pay. If something is a cheap piece of ***, blame the consumers who don't want to pay for quality not the retailer!

What has Lowes done wrong? You purchased a product with a 1 year MANUFACTURER warranty.

The product did not fail within that one year period, and if it had, it would have been the manufacturer's responsibility to repair it, not Lowes. What makes you think any other retail store would have done anything different?

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Limited ability to override and solve my complaint
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Bee Cave, Texas - I reached for a item on upper shelf

5.0
When I did the unsafe move I cut my hand. A type a cut I have done many times in my life... no big deal .. as I went to the men's restroom to clean up the mess I made an lowes employee asked if he could help, I said, no thanks... 'embarrassed'.. As I was cleaning the bleeding, he came in with bandages and sterilized wipes..... I wanted to thank him... So tell your people .. thanks
Good customer service

Don't USE My Lowes- bad IT security practices

I have had my lowes account since 2012. The *** cashier put my most recent purchase on the wrong account. No one in the store could fix it but said to call their customer service number. The *** person at customer service kept me on the call for 45 minutes and then deactivated my account and said that it was permanent. WHAT? DON'T YOU HAVE A DO AT LEAST A NIGHTLY BACKUP FOR THIS IMPORTANT DATA. NOPE!!! So what good is a system that an employee error or software bug can delete all data and there is no recovery. I had almost 6 years of purchases trusting their hype that they were saving all my data.
poor IT practices
restore data

Misled by Lowes employee

I went to Lowes to buy a washer and dryer, after picking which one I wanted I was told by the assoc. that I did spend enough to get a $150.00 rebate from the company that sold the washer and dryer. I was given a rebate form and they made a copy of my bill for me to send in to get my rebate. About 4-weeks later the company stated that I did not spend enough too get the rebate. I called Lowes corp. 5 times and spoke to about 8 people who gave the run around. My question was why did the sales person tell me I would get a rebate, give me the form and copy the bill for me too send off, was it to make the sales quota for the day. All I got was the run around they have my money and that is all that matters to Lowes. Never will shop at Lowes again.

I recently bought washer and dryer lowes employee said I had a rebate but rebate center said otherwise no misled by employee figures total *** as usuall

Lowes did reach out to me and offered to give me 50% of the rebate for all the trouble. I accept the offer and it is over thank to all for support and comments

the question should be do the public have access to the rebate forms, 1- ( are they sitting on a table at Lowes, can you down load them from your computer etc. ) if not then the question is 2- ( can you only get them from a worker from Lowes ) If the answer is #1 then Lowes should not honor the rebate, but if the answer is #2 the Lowes should honor the rebate.

Stop making excusses for the company and worker and trying to put blame on the buyer must people don't read rebate forms because you don't have to put your private information on the form like (ss# ,cc#, banking info, etc ). So if the question of WHY rebate given in the first place is not answered your statement is worthless, valueless, and *** ola.

Yes I think the person works for Lowes in retail because they went to back the worker when the person who posted used the term (quota) but early in the same sentence they ask (why did rebate come up) paraphrase no backing for the person who posted statement at all pure company person from Lowes.

to the person that worked in retail. Question the worker gave the buyer the idea that they would get a rebate by given a rebate form, copy of bills and told the buyer how to send and retrieve the rebate, is it possible the buyer thought the worker knew what they were doing and the store worker was competent at their job.

I agree with one replier if the worker did not bring up the rebate maybe no post would have been made.

In this case most people don't read the form because they think the store worker was trained and know their jobs. I side with the buyer 100%.

I think it would be helpful if someone would explain why the sales person stated that the buyer was do for a rebate, if the buyer was not told about a rebate would we be talking about this. It looks like the sales person gave the rebate form and instruction to recover money, again it sounds like the sales person overstepped their job requriments

@hampton Va

It looks like the salesperson misunderstood the rebate requirements which were listed on the rebate form the poster filled out. Something must have led both of them to believe the purchase qualified.

The rebate wasn't mentioned till after the decision was made to purchase appliances.

The rebate would have been a nice bonus, but there is really no loss as if it hadn't been brought up the poster would have been perfectly happy with the purchase. The salesperson was just trying to be helpful and made a mistake in reading the rebate form which was repeated when it was filled out and sent in by the poster.

The first reply appears to be sent by a boss or supervisor in the front office at Lowes. You notice they never said the sales person was wrong in the first place to mention the rebate and tried to place 50% of the problem on the buyer, sad

@Anonymous

No, don't work for Lowes but put a lot of years in retail. If you re-read the comment the last sentence says it looks like both the salesperson and the poster misunderstood what was required to get the rebate. It would be interesting to see a copy of the rebate form to see what both the salesperson and the poster were seeing that led them to believe the purchase qualified.

From what I read the buyer picked a product to buy and was given false information by the sales person, did the buyer buy other stuff from Lowes thinking they would get $150.00 in rebates I don't know, but the sales person is at fault don't put any blame on the buyer

I think the person buying the washer and dryer is out something $150.00 that they were entitled to get according to the sales person. Training is the issue on Lowes part, if that the case should we believe anything the sales person tell us.

if the sales person knew and did their job the person buying the product would not have to post anything. I think the store should honor what the sales person did.

Again the buyer was given the rebate form and their bill copied and told what to do to get the rebate. I would have sent it back too, I don't fault the buyer at all.

@reply

My guess is that like the salesperson, you to may have made a mistake or two in your life, unless you can walk on water.

What does it have to do with his making his sales quota. According to your post it wasn't until after you decided on which washer and dryer you wanted that he brought up the rebate.

You really aren't out anything. Seems like you would have noticed the error when you filled out the rebate form.

I can't remember filling out a rebate form that didn't spell out the requirements of the rebate. Looks like both the salesperson and you as well misunderstood what qualified.

View more comments (13)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Horrendous experiebce - order cancellation

3.2
I called in an order that got mixed up Delivery wise. It took me one afternoon on the phone, two hours at the cashier and half an hour for the manager to cancel the order. Refund issued was in a Store Card instead of the my Gift card payment and it cannot be used to get the benefits of My Lowes on line discount shopping. Apparently they only have one cashier and one manager that can take care of an order cancellation. The manager disappeared for the half hour because they told me he is very busy, Same excuse for the afternoon phone calls, the cashier is very busy, with the addition that they will call me right back but never do so.

If you'd have gotten off your butt and gone to the store and placed the order in the first place you could have confirmed the order was correct and avoided the problem in the first place. Having spent over 30 years in retail I always took care of the customers waiting in the store before those on the phone.

They are there in the store to spend money, the person on the phone is a maybe.

If they don't take your call or don't call you right back, it's because they are busy helping people in the store. Even when you get to the store, keep in mind that a manager has a big store to cover and you may not be the only person seeking their attention.

Review
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Order cancellations
  • Store manager and customer service
Poor customer service

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Worst customer service ever!!!

My refrigerator went out while I was out of town, returned home to a horrible smelling house because my fridge stop work. This is 14 months into a extended warranty contract. When I called the Sunday following this discovery, their system was down and I had to wait and additional day for the service call, they scheduled me for 2 days later. When the service men came, they told the motherboard or something went out. and it would take 12 -14 days for the part to come in and they l would let me know when it comes in; the day went by no one called me or anything. I called the next day the lady I spoke with said, " if you rent a refrigerator, we will reimburse you 25%". I got pissed and asked to speak with a manager and JoJo from corporate gets on the line and sets up a lender. Well, it took another 2 days to bring that lender. But, it only gets worst from here, once they came and set up the lender, they leave and one hour later the fridge stops working. I call and they tell me someone will get back to me before the day is over. When the delivery men call me back, they tell me I have someone's fridge that was in the store for repair. Now, they come back the following day (still another day without a refrigerator), when they come they repair the customers fridge and leave it in my house. Now it is three weeks before my fridge is repaired, so they tell me to keep the lender for two or three days and then have it picked up. Well, I call twice and the fridge was in my garage a total of 32 days before they finally picked it up. After, all this ***, now I am waiting on my $300.00 food reimbursement, I sent that in the beginning of May, they tell me, it was never processed because I didn't put prices beside the list of items I submitted (this is the list off food that was in my fridge when it stopped working). But, get this even if you don't submit everything properly no one will ever contact you and let you know, you have to finally call them and they will inform you at that time. So, guess what from April 23, 2017 to now July 11, 2017 I still do not have my reimbursement check, they will let you know it take 21- 28 day to process your claim, even after they have made you life a living ***. I will never buy anything from Lowes ever again. If you are smart get a Home Depot Charge Card and never look back. They never offer me one thing for all my inconvenience or trouble. Lowes sucks!!!!
dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

If you are smart you would know that the stores is not responsible for the service plan. The service plan is provided by an outside vendor, not Lowes.

Same thing at Home depot, the service plans are provided by outside vendors.

You should be placing the blame on the vendor, not the store. Rather than complaining about the loaner Lowes provided you should be happy that they provided it at all, bet Home Depot wouldn't have done that.

How is this Lowe's fault? They aren't responsible for the product or the warranty. They just sold the product.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Rude executive associate
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Poor customer service