Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Cashier Review

Repeated times they don't know how to use card readers, unknowledgeable, and are more worried about selling you the wrong product to move you threw the line than making sure that it is what you asked for.

Let me guess. You had a credit card with a chip and insisted you don't have a pin despite the fact that chip and pin is the new standard.

You do have a a pin, but you chose to ignore the documentation when your new card arrived in the mail.

Cashiers are not salespeople. If you're not sure what you're purchasing, why are you in line?

@Don

AMEN

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Credit card closed

It's pretty said when you pay on time and then fall behind when you lose your job because of plant closer and the first thing they do is close your account
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Promises, promises

4.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2017

Once the customer service group was contacted, they immediately contacted the local store. I was contacted, the same day by Kaitlyn, and she was able to speak with the Lowe's credit card servicer and was able to adjust my terms to the 0% for 18months.

This was my biggest concern as the interest was almost $100 per month. It took Kaitlyn approx.

7 minutes, yes minutes to solve this issue. Thank you!

Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2017

Where do I start? Estimate did not incl leveling compound which ended up being another $800 (almost). I was told from the beginning that if I got the Lowe's card it would be 0% financing for 18mos to have flooring installed, still waiting on the 9% financing for 2 months now. I was told it would be about $100 to have 2 toilets reinstalled, after floors done. That came out to almost $300!! The customer service from the supervisor in the installation office, Stephanie, is the worst I've ever experienced. Zero communication. This was the first time, and the last time, I will use Lowe's for any installation. Next time, I'll do it myself!
Review
Pros
  • Floors themselves look great
  • Sales associates in the store
Cons
  • I have not recvd the 0 percent financing for 18 mos
  • No communication
  • Supervisor in the installation dept
Financing
Price reduction

Lowes - Sales Associate fallowed me out of store to fight me, and *** at me

Lowes is FIRED! I WILL NOT do future business with Redmond Oregon Store I went in and bought 10 bags of concrete, Which was a huge pain in the *** to get someone to load it for me being disabled and all. So none the less we loaded all the bags on a cart and then into our car. So I walked back into the lumber dept, and asked to speak with a manager,,and the *** sales associate, was totally *** rude to me, so I walked away m then the *** was like 2 ft behind me, walking me out of the store, and wanted to fight,,,WHAT a puke! *** him! *** LOWES!!!

Sounds like you are leaving a lot of the story out. Even though you pulled the "disabled" card you were still able to get the concrete on a cart and loaded in your car, and I expect you will unload it and work with it when you get home. Sounds like a whiner to me.

lowes is a self service big box hardware/lumber store--or have you not noticed the large multi purpose carts for cust use everywhere??

help for carryouts is an extra(like pwr whlchairs)

& is on a when they have time/personnel basis

& how are you going to unload them when you get home(or is there no gravity where you live????)

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Sales associate wanted to fight me
  • Salesperson wanted to assualt me
Reason of review
sales ***. wanted to fight me
Preferred solution
fire that rude *** in the redmond store, lumber dept. Hes lucky i didnt knock his *** out!

Lowes - Deceptive promo

2.5
Lowe's sent out a promo that reads : Use your new Lowe's advantage credit card to get 10% off. Or choose 18 months special financing on purchases of $299 or more. When presented with this coupon at check out, the cashier Debbie (Lowes on Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, Fl) refused to provide the 10% discount on the cash purchase claiming that the purchase was less than $299. I pointed out to her that the promo requires $299 purchase only if the financing option was taken. She said she was a college English major and that she was correct in reading the promo. The supervisor was called who essentially let the cashier do the talking and of course, insisted that she was correct. I backed out of the purchase just for the principle. The promo was either fraudulent if the cashier and supervisor was correct OR these employees were ignorant both in terms of basic English and customer service. No wonder Home Depot is doing much better (stock valuation) than Lowe's when they both are in the same type of business .... except for the people serving the customers. These employees may just be making all the difference between them.
Service
fraudulent promotion
Preferred solution
Terminate the employment of the cashier and the supervisor

Lowes - Absolute miserable experience for my mother

Totally unacceptable business practice. 41 Square contract for a 34 square roof, yeah, they say they'll refund the difference on the materials, but they have a hard time understanding the labor. Absolutely no clue that if you didn't tear off 7 squares, and install 7 new squares, that you did not do that labor. Drip edge was wrong color so they spray-painted it, looks pretty bad. Existing siding and trim all damaged at the new flashing areas. They delivered the good-looking ridge cap material plenty of it and also the cheap Ridge caps. The cheap ones went on and the contractor took off with the good stuff. On, on, and on, a 5-day tear off, and a five-day installation. Totally ridiculous. They were in such a hurry to get done, they did not do the bay window roof on the back of the house. Haha The biggest problem is it the install coordinator has zero Roofing experience. So when any questions are asked, they have to review/ refer to the contractor. The Lowe's people would not know a pipe Jack from Billy Jack or a flashing from Flash Gordon. Both of my parents are elderly and doing the best they can, this situation borders on deceptive business practice and or elder abuse. It is disgusting that a large company would act this way. So we will see if they will refund approximately $2,500 of work and materials they did not perform. Fix about 200 square feet of driveway the contractor cracked and broke. The numerous shoddy installation areas. The over walked on roof that now has nowhere near the 30-year lifetime. We will see. Going with Lowes is an escapade to see how low you can go. Buyer beware

imagine you bought brand new car & for warranty work(scheduled maintenance or issues) & instead of legitimate shops at dealers---they"bidded" out

to independent shops anywhere. you wouldnt know what to expect or have any way to check credibility of the "mechanics" working on your vehicle.

thats about whats goin on in the 3rd party home repair business.

look local get bids, etc

Bad quality

Good bye Lowes, hello home depot

I bought wood floors May 16 from Charlottesville Lowes, they were supposed to be delivered June 1, I took that day off work and the delivery people never arrived. It's now July 1 and I have been getting the runaround from delivery, central products, customer service and the store. Everyone keeps saying you will hear from someone within 2 business days. I havn't heard from anyone. Now i'm getting bills from my lowes card for this stuff that hasn't been delivered let alone installed. It's been the worst experience ever, I cut up my lowes card and am going to cancel the whole order. I've had windows installed, blinds installed, tile, carpet and havnt had any issues, this has pissed me off so much that it has erased any good feelings I had for lowes, only home depot for me now. See ya

Good luck with Home depot! Maybe you should check their complaints on here before you go spouting off about how great they are!

Problem with delivery

Shopped at Lowes in Festus Missouri. Was Helped by Mary. She did an excellent job of finding what I wanted and giving me suggestions for adding to my inquire.

5.0
Mary was knowledgeable and informative regarding what I needed. She added to my quest by suggesting other things. Great job, She was willing to go above and beyond what I needed and was also ready to help another customer after I was finished. She is a good representative for Lowes as she embodies what Lowes stands for...Helping Knowledge customer interest and support. Keep her as a member of the Lowes staff. She is worth her salary and then some. I feel that I have said all that is necessary and anything more is just hyperbole. One hundred words is way too much. What else could I say that would not be redundant.
Review
Pros
  • Customer service
Fair pricing

Lowes Ottawa west hunt club Rd

Very poor treatment received by lowes store's plumbing dept manager Chris. I had purchased a shower door and the top of the receipt it stated that it would be in by 6/30/17 at the latest. I called the store this morning and spoke with Chris. Chris was rude with me. I was asking for compensation because I had already hired a contractor for today and was expecting my items to be in today. Chris did not care and told me it was my own fault for hiring a contractor before my item was in. I stated I was going to contact corporate and Chris told me go right ahead and he did not care. Now I have to pay my contractor. I called head office and Matt ( assistant manger of the store ) called me back. Instead of admitting the mistakes, rude behaviour and apologize he continued defending employee as Chris.. So it looks like at this store customer is wrong enven if you have a written prove.

even if delivered on time...what if it was damaged or wrong item...wait till item(s) comes in AND inspected b4 sch'd workers

No one with an ounce of common sense would hire a contractor to install a product before they had it. Stores can tell you when the manufacturer says the product should arrive but there are a lot of things that can cause a delay.

Some of those things include: the warehouse is out of stock, the product in the warehouse is damaged, the trucking company damages the product, the trucking company is slower than expected, the truck breaks down....the list can go on and on.

A reputable contractor wouldn't set a firm installation date until he knew the products needed for the project were ready either. You only have yourself to blame for setting a date for someone to install a product before you had it at your home.

@Anonymous

Both of you looked beyond this. No one called the customer and told him there was a delay.

If you have no call or email you will figure everything is a go. Also, contractors have to schedule all of their jobs too, so waiting till you have the item you may have to wait for an install time.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • Total Customer Service Failure

Lowes Carpet Scam $97 install at Lynnwood WA (196th) store, This store SUCKS! Mistake after Mistake after Lie after Lieh going thruough!

1.8
I visited the flooring dept at Lowes on 196th St SW, Lynnwood Wa on July 13 to order carpet for 2 homes my sister and mother own. I filled out the flooring folders w/correct install address, my email, names and # for owners. Installers came out and measured. That's when the *** started. The flooring salesman got the addresses and names mixed up. When we figured out the error, went in to pay for carpet, they had 4x more pad on the estimate than what we needed. When that got corrected, we paid the invoice and were told install would be 7-10 days. We got home and noticed the install address was incorrect (the other house). After repeated calls to Lowes to get the install address straight, they said they would have to credit and recharge to correct the address. They finally did this today, June 29 and now I'm being told the install wait starts today (after being told prior by 3 people at Lowes that my install date would not be affected by their screw up on the address. The $97 install is a scam. On the invoice they charge you for the pad IN THE INSTALL PRICE. The $97 install or FREE INSTALL is merely a scam, lost leader. You have to look carefully at the amounts for pad and carpet and make sure they are not overcharging you for those items to make up for the FREE INSTALL. I will never use this store again for carpet purchase and install. Everyone there seems to have no brains. When the store manager called me to "apologize" I said I didn't need an apology, I needed performance. I need the carpet installed like they said, which would have been coming up this week. Now we have to wait another 12 days! BAD JOB LOWES.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered