Filter by rating
Product:

Lowes in Monroe, Washington - Vinyl Fence installation

1.8
Lowes - Vinyl Fence installation
First they said it was a two day project that turned into a week long project that actually over a month later is still not done. They also said they would be in contact from start to finish and I was never contacted. I came home one day and my driveway was blocked with materials then a few days later they just showed up to start work didn't even call first. The gate latch on the walk thru gate is already falling off, one of the boards is too short leaving a gap at the top and they never finished the custom gate on the motorhome side. No latch, no wheels they just attached the old wheel from the old gate and it just drags on the ground and there is no way to keep it closed. For something that cost almost $14,000 it was a really *** job!
h.kitchener

For the amount of money you spent on the fence you would be best served by contacting an attorney for a free consult to see what you can do. Since you apparently contracted thru Lowe's, it is up to them to provide a quality product and a proper construction.

I expect the sub contractor(s) they hired to do the job were at fault, but that's Lowe's problem. A good attorney can help you make things right, altho you will have to pay him.

However, you can also ask for attorney fees, etc. The sub contractor most likely has nothing but Lowe's does and should be on the hook.

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Poor workmanship from contractor
  • Did not finish the job
  • Poor customer service

LOWES - Refusal to Intall Correct Sliding Door

1.2
Contracted with Lowes in the Spring of 2017 to install 2 sliding doors and a window in Nags Head, NC. Also contracted with them for renovation service. One of the sliding doors they installed opens the wrong way and the screen is damaged. These are heavy hurricane rated doors. I contacted executive customer service and after a few weeks of promises, they advised me that they will not replace the door panels with the correct ones and they will not replace the damaged screen. For the renovation work, I have several additional problems/repairs that they are refusing to address. They used poor quality and unprofessional renovation crews. They made promise about completion date that they could not keep. It has been the most awful contracting experience I ever had. I will never buy anything from Lowes again.

Was the proper door ordered? If they installed something other than what is on the order, take them to court. If they installed the door on the order it's your fault for ordering the wrong door.

janna.va
@Anonymous

Yes, the correct door was ordered. Plus damage the the new screen. Their contracts include an arbitration clause, so it will not be a court case.

@janna.va

Take it to arbitration. If you can show the for they installed is different than what you ordered you'll win. They're just counting on you not wanting to take the time to push it.

@Anonymous

I definitely will go to arbitration. I paid $25 for their installer to come out and take measurements/specs before ordering.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Refusal to install correct product
Damaged or defective

Micky Mouse Operation at Logan, UT Lowes

2.7
Logan, UT Store. Ordered and paid for a Maytag dishwasher in June. Didn't have it in black color in the store. Arranged my schedule and waited 2 weeks for scheduled delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out Lowes didn't even have it in stock. Would have to order it from the manufacture. Scheduled another delivery for two weeks. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out it had not been delivered to the store yet. Would be here next week. Scheduled another delivery. Store called two days prior to delivery and was told that it would be two days later than planned. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called store. They had to check with driver and would call me back. After 20 minutes I called the store. Driver wouldn't answer. Still trying. Called the Store 1.5 hours later. No Answer. Store called back and said they couldn't get in contact with the driver. I told them I would call them tomorrow and let them know when I would be home for the delivery. Store called during the day the next day and wanted to deliver. I told them nobody would be home until that evening. Dishwasher arrived 7/20/17 at scheduled time. Very unhappy with service and professionalism from the Logan, UT store.

Not to further echo what another comment has said, but all the associates in the store can do, is follow up with your order.. Many times employees are told a specific item will arrive on "x" day.

Not until that day, are they usually informed but the manufacturer that the product time frame was moved back several days and sometimes weeks.

It is extremely frustrating for the customer, but even more so for the employee who had deal with this exact conversation 3-5 times a day.

Resolution : sadly only buy in stock.

WP2008

We do apologize you had to go through that many delays. If you need any additional help give us a call 1-800-344-1274!

If you need an appliance right away only buy what is in stock. When you buy a non-stock appliance you are at the mercy of the manufacturer.

If the manufacturer has it in their warehouse you will get it within a week or two. If it's not it will be backordered by the manufacturer and they aren't good at notifying the store that it is backordered. It just won't be on the truck. All the store can do is check with the manufacturer and pass what they say on to you.

Unfortunately the manufacturers information isn't always reliable. It gets even worse when you choose a product made in Korea as those get shipped over on a boat and you may wait months to get your appliance.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Customer service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Cranberry, Pennsylvania - Appliance Delivery failure

2.0

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

Fridge was delivered just before 9pm on 7/21/17. One day after delivery date.

I was told several delivery drivers and a manager quit so most deliveries are being rescheduled.

Had they at least called me and explained rather than not call/not show at all I would of been empathetic.

This experience has made me very leery of purchasing any item that may need to be delivered from Lowe's ever again.

Original review posted by user Jul 20, 2017

Ordered a top freezer, bottom fridge appliance in cash July 14th, 2017. Paid for recycling of old freezer and delivery on July 20th, 2017. Nobody ever called me to confirm delivery time. I called at noon on delivery day, confirmed we were on schedule. Was told they had a driver get hurt and it would most likely be the afternoon today when it would be delivered. Nobody ever called me so I called at 5:40pm on delivery day and was told someone should have called me but the delivery is not happening. They could schedule me for a delivery on July 29th which is next available. No calls, no confirmations, no explanations, no customer service. What a horrible first experience with Lowe's!
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Lack of calling us to confirm or change delivery
  • Lack of delivering product i paid for
Reason of review
Delivery issue, poor customer service

Lowes - Unacceptable delivery of new oven

New oven was delivered in damaged condition on 7/19. Mrg was to call me re new delivery date but this never happened. I called store the next day and found out that delivery of another over would be delivered on 7/31 which means that i can't finish the remodeling of my kitchen for several more weeks. In addition, my cabinets can't be opened due to the damaged over. I called the store and got DISCONECTED (?) WHILE EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM. I'll never buy anything from Lowes again! This complaint, combined with two Lowes sale items being out of stock and the home improvement estimates for my kitchen last year being a waste of time and money means I'll be shopping at Home Depot in the future - HD is a professional organization but Lowes is amateurish. Bye

You obviously had to order the oven. Do you think they delivered a damaged oven on purpose?

It takes time to get the oven from the manufacturer to deliver, so no they can't deliver it the next day.

Ho is not having the oven holding up the rest of the kitchen or keeping you from opening cabinet doors? Sounds like someone trying to make a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Poor quality and poor customer service
  • See comment above
  • Lack of response from corporate lowes
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Bay Shore, New York - Entry Door - Wrong color - no door *** - wrong hardware for strom door.

I ordered an entry door from Loews = I wanted a black door with Oval Lite window. The salesman hit the wrong color. I didn't catch it. The receipt for the storm door - with black trim was on top and it noted the color black. The door came in in the color Eclipse. This happens to be a navy or midnight navy blue - in some lights your can't tell. Took me a while to catch it. The door had no door *** I understand now they do not come with door knobs. Could I have been told that. My carpenter is at the house installing the door and I have to run out and purchase the door *** 2nd. The storm door comes in with the wrong hardware - so the door handle opens incorrectly. Sad to say - I thought Loews was step up. It is a step down - I will never purchase from them again. Sales people should be informed and help the customer.

Store employees do their best to get you the products you want. Sometimes they make the error, sometimes it's how the customer communicates their desires.

They reason they print the orders out for you is so that you can review them and make sure you are getting what you want. Having worked in retail for over 40 years 90% of the time customers will blame the salesperson. Its odd that the customers feel they are so perfect and it's only possible for a salesperson to make a mistake. Your post even indicates you assume things rather than asking.

For example, the door *** There are multiple brands, colors and styles of door knobs available. Why would you assume they would pick one and include it with the door? I pitty the next store you choose.

You won't find that their salespeople are perfect either, nor will they be able to read your mind and know what you are assuming about the products you are purchasing. Next time take a little time to learn about the products you are shopping for before making a purchase.

Product
Door
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - WHO KNOWS WERE THE ORDER IS OR WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??

3.5

Update by user Jul 21, 2017

After repeated calls and emails. I finally got a call that the frig was on its way to my house.

But after I was told 3-4 different things. As big as a company this is you'd think they'd have a better system to know what going on with orders anytime along the process!

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I placed an order07/18/2017 Order #: 337343699 Invoice #: Order Total: $898.31 by calling and the rep was very pleasant. and she informed me that I would be receiving a call later that eve last night and I did not. the reason why I purchased this frig not just the price but my current is not working correctly and I needed the new one as to not loose all my food. So, I sit here on indefinite hold while the rep I called is doing who knows what?? this is really poor customer service. and I've spent plenty of money with your company. This really *** me off to no end!. That I'm told one thing and then I do not get what I was told. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER THEN I RECEIVED THIS FROM THEIR CUSTOMER CARE: Greetings David, I appreciate your email regarding the delivery status of order number 337343699. I apologize for any inconvenience. I checked my records and they say your order was delivered today. If you believe there to be any discrepancy, please let me know and I will do whatever possible to help resolve your order status. Optionally, I invite you to contact the store fulfilling the order at (804) 226-5440. They are there to help as well. If at any time you would like to call the Lowe's Corporate Customer Care/Sales Team, their phone number is 800-445-6937. They are available for help at your convenience, Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (EST). I truly value you as our customer and sincerely appreciate you choosing Lowe's for your home improvement needs. If for any reason you require further assistance, please feel free to let me know by replying to this email and I will respond at the earliest possibility. Best regards, Mark O. Lowes Customer Care I wouldn't be contacting them if I had the product looking where it is now would I! Come on now REALLY!!WTF!!

I can help . Avoid buying from Lowes. The delivery people are hideous.

You ordered this unit online.

Online orders are not always up to date with inventory, and many times sell the display as valid inventory.

Which most people don't like.

There are literally 0 comments in your order. So I dont know how to further help you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
  • Staff
  • Variety and quality of plants
Cons
  • Delivery prblems
Tags
  • Refrigerator Delivery Lowes

Lowes in Union, New Jersey - Paralytic delivery system

2.4

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

I consider this situation half resolved. I went in the store to get my money back.

I got one of the two purchases refunded and I am still waiting for the other one to show up on my card.

This clownish operation would never happen at Home Depot I know since they have a dedicated team to resolve these things way before they get this far. Will update.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I have never been treated this way by any business. I cannot believe how poorly your operation functions. Contrary to the email I received telling me my chairs have been delivered, they have not. One Monday I went to the store in Union NJ to find out why? What it the problem? Why can none of your staff figure this out? I took Sean by the hand, led him over to the two boxes of chairs he had in stock ( I only need one of the boxes ). He made some kind of note, talked to Sly, came back to me and told me they would pick up the incorrect order on Monday and leave the correct order. But I would have to pay for the chairs AGAIN! since something was delivered to my house lol. OK, I did it figuring I will get a refund in a few days. Now though you have over $700.00 of mine and I have nothing since you picked up the incorrect delivery but left no replacement. I have been trying to call the store, all day yesterday but could not speak with anybody. I kept getting hung up on or ignored. The people you hire should not be allowed near your telephone. They represent your company very poorly. I called the store today around noon and spoke to Jonathan in delivery. Sean was not in. He said he cannot get it to me today. I told him that is unacceptable. I asked to speak to the store manager. Not in. I spoke to, I think she said Vanessa. I am not sure. Her language and speaking skills could not coherently convey her name in an understandable way even after asking her to speak clearly. She seems to say the same thing as Jonathan, it cannot be done today. That is unacceptable. Tomorrow will mark the 30th day since I placed the order for an in stock item on June 30th. I have been lied to by store staff numerous times. I do not have it yet and you are holding twice the original purchase price. If you think just writing this little diatribe is somehow therapeutic and I am done venting, you do not know me. I am taking your clown show on the road. You know what happens when you do right by a customer? Nothing. They go about their business because things went as they should. When you burn a customer, what does he do? He goes out of his way to inform at least 10 people of what happened. I suggest you get your store in line. Have someone load the box into a truck and send it to my house. Today. Within hours. NOT tomorrow! ENOUGH!!
rich1552

My latest email. I keep getting different people.

Lowesdeliveryservices@lowes.com

12:43 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello Ruth,

I sincerly apologize for the inconvience and frustrations that this has caused.

I have reached out to the store and spoke with Tahiv the service manager. He advised that you will be receiving the chairs on Saturday 7/22/2017. I aslo inquired about your refund he advised it takes 3-5 business days from the date the chairs were picked up for the credit to show to your account. Once againg I sincerly apologize for all the frustration that this has caused.

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you, Anna rich f 1:27 PM (1 hour ago) to Lowesdeliverys. Dear ronda/alex/matthew/terry/anna lol What don't you get? Cancel the order and return ALL of my $700.00 plus NOW!!

I DO NOT WANT THE CHAIRS!!! Your store has no respect for you personally, or the position you hold. Otherwise I would have had my chairs weeks ago. Your office is impotent.

They have been laughing for weeks now. Even after I caught them lying to my face about being out of stock, and showed them 2 boxes, the same ones I saw when I placed the order, they do not take a customer seriously. The store has severe personnel issues. I am 65 and in all my years I have never encountered a more poorly run operation.

Today I stand in disbelief that you would think giving me another delay/date 2 days ahead would be appeasing to me after all that has occurred. Amazing indeed. You clowns have run out of time. Know where you will be in 5 years?

Research Sears and Kmart. Since more than 30 days have passed since placing this order, and the fact that you extorted the purchase price from me AGAIN and STILL failed to deliver, you can be sure I will begin actions against your company which will be quite punitive in nature.

Consider is your notice to escalate the matter into qualified hands. Failure to escalate this matter would indicate the level of detachment from reality all of you suffer from and will be quite costly to you in the end.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders

Lowes - No Call, No Show

2.1
We recently purchased a counter top from Lowe's. Our experience was very good and we were happy with everything. We decided to put in a fence in our back yard and trusted Lowe's in Warsaw, Indiana to do the job. June 14, 2017, we paid over 10,000.00 to have fence put in. We were told it would be 3 weeks before installation could be started as they had to order materials. Ran into Sales person, Gavin Weeks about 2 weeks later while getting some paint. He told us that our fencing was in and we could expect installation to begin July 14th. 2 days before and day of, husband and I took off to make sure ground was prepped and see if installer needed help. The 14th came and went. No call, no show. On 16th, I called the store to talk to Sales person. He was not in. Left msg on his cell phone, no call back. Finally called complaint number. they told me someone would call me back. Manager Jeremy called me back and told me he had to call because of my complaint. He told me that Lowe's no longer handles installations. It's all 3rd party now and they have no control over when our fence would be put in and that I would just have to deal with it. Told him, had we known they had no control over their promised work, we would have ordered elsewhere. He said there was nothing he could do, bid me a good day, and hung up phone. I spent the whole rest of that day getting mad and began my journey the following morning. I called customer service starting at 8:00a.m. the next morning, determined to get some answeres. I was given so many stories as to why the fence could not be installed. I talked to 16 different people from local, area, and regional offices, each with a different story about different supplies that had not come in. One person said 4 posts had not come in, on another call, another person told me a gate had not come in, yet another person on a different call told me they were waiting on a missing panel. The last person I spoke with said they were lacking 16 bags of gravel! I called the store back andbthey said they had 31 bags of that type of gravel on the shelf. Now I'm really mad. I did more digging on the internet and found a number for Lowe's headquarters in Mooresville, NC. I made 1 last call to regional office and told them that if I didn't get some straight answeres, that my next call would be to their headquarters. The lady I spoke with said she would call me back with answers. The rest of the day went by with no call, so before office closed. I called regional office again and was told they had 24 hours in which to call me back. In the meantime, I get a return text from Sales person, telling me I got him in trouble, and now it's out of his store's hands. Today, I get a call from an installer from 40 miles away, saying he will be installing the fence on the 15th of August, and that was the best he could do. It's too late for us to change plans right now. Other fence installers not associated with Lowe's are booked for the rest of the year. Had we started with other installers earlier, we would have our much needed fence by now. My advice to you...Don't order from Lowe's! If you have already ordered and have a complaint, call Mooresville, NC, and save your sanity!
#1352042

Lowe's and Home Depot have both been using third party installers since day one. AND those third party installers make less than 50% on Lowe's and Home Depot jobs than they would have if Lowe's and Home depot hadn't been involved. So the problem is this, Lowe's really isn't responsible, (sorry to tell you that), the installers aren't particularly concerned about doing a job and making half as much on it as they would on other jobs (who would?), and thirdly, most of the installers that contract with Lowe's (and of course Home Depot) are struggling to get jobs, which means that they aren't necessarily the best installers out there.

Sorry, but that's the reality of doing business with a cut throat discount home improvement store.

@Anonymous

Does the customer pay the third party contractors or Lowe's? If they pay Lowe's then they are the contractor and third party is the sub contractor.

Therefor Lowe's is the go to for the problems. If Lowe's is only paying 50% to sub contractor then shame on Lowe's and now you have let the rest of the English speaking world know what kind of *** they pull.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes - I needed to see if you could help me fine purchase reciet

It was two long and, since I'm not sure of the amount and, such that is why not fault of yours just couldn't be helped thank you though