Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review: *** blower gone bad....

july 22 went to lowes in Lancaster, ca on k st and 10th. we needed a cordless *** blower for are birthday. went to lawn mower dept. a girl with blond hair waited on us, sold us a dewalt 20 volt blower. she said all the stuff was in the box, the charger and the battery. we went home wanted to charge it up and there were no charger and battery. I was mad , I called the store talked to the store manager and stan the man talked to me. come on back I will sell you this for half price. I told him she said it was all there for that pric. a mistake was there, I bought the charger and battery for 44.00 and went home and said ok lets do this again. we got home opened the package and stan the store manager forgot to put the barreiy in the bag. now iam very mad icall the store manager and explain to him , angel told me to come back and he will give me a battery. what a bunch of bull ------ I fell this store needs help I feel I got cheeted on the price my time and my patience I will never shop at lowes again, I have new hardwood floors to do and a slider to put in well home depot here I come. please call me if you want to help this situation 661 718-2910 john ahern I am one pissed off customer

I'd be willing to bet that the box says the battery and charger are not included. Sounds to me like the store manager was pretty generous in selling you a battery and charger for have price to compensate you for the salesperson's error.

It's unfortunate the battery didn't get put in the bag .

Seems to me that a person buying 2 items would not only see that one didn't get put in the bag and also notice the bulk of the second item missing as the picked it up as well. From the problem you had with both trips it sounds like you aren't a very observant shopper.

Product
Dewalt Leaf Blower
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes Roofing Installation

Lowes Roofing Installation
LOWES ROOFS LEAK!!!. LOWES Guaranteed roof would not leak Contract called for replacement of all bad roof decking, LOWES put shingles over rotten wood with a 3 inch hole in it. LEAKS Paid for permit - was not obtained by roofing contractor Paid for new flashing- was not installed by roofing contractor Notified LOWES that flashing was not installed-LOWES management and roofing contractor LIED for over one year that new flashing was installed. LOWES conspired to committed fraud with the installation contractor The contractor is most likely still working for LOWES Two years later my roof still LEAKS Last time i was treated like this was at SEARS We ALL know where they are now.
Lowes Roof Installation
Pros
  • Guaranteed they would replace roof
  • Said they would stand behind their work
Cons
  • Do not care about dissatisfied customer
Full refund
Tags
  • Home Improvememt
  • Beware Lowes
  • Lowes Poor Customer Service
  • Lowes The New Sears

Horrendous customer service,Lowes In Yonkers NY.

Purchased a refrigerator, was supposed to be a 24 hour delivery. 6 days later, no refrigerator. Countless excuses and problems with ordering, contacting the store and the delivery service they use (xpo). Save yourself some headaches and go to Home Depot or PC Richards for appliances.

There's probably more to the story than you are telling. Items stocked in the store or a local warehouse should be delivered the next day.

Unfortunately there are times that a popular item may run out of stock. When that happens more have to be brought in from the manufacturers distribution center.

Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes sucks

sat for over 30 minutes in the new land o lakes store, went to go get a new dishwasher, apparently 1 customer per day, and my god the older *** that clocked back in, walked up, ARE YOU YAKING IT HOME, starts scribbling numbers, finally I said I have questions, asked about the price for the stainless front for the dishwasher, he took off, typed for ten minutes, help 4 other customers, then got in the conversation with the customer the other employee seemed to need all day to help, I walked out........I had my grandkids with me and the customer service was a complete joke, why the *** do some people get out of bed, they know there gonna treat people like ***

Oh my.......don’t get me started on dishwashers, Lowe’s and customer service!! Lots lacking!

You're shopping in a fairly new store. People are still learning their jobs and they are still looking for more people. Perhaps since you are an expert on customer service, you could apply for one of their open positions.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • It was a joke

Lowes review in Cartersville, Georgia: POOR SERVICE

1.7
MY NAME IS BILL AYERS ON 17 AUG I STARTED A JOB OF REPLACING MY 20 X24 DECK.I WENT TO LOWES CARTERSVILLE,GA TO GET MY MATERIAL.I WENT BACK TO THE LUMBER AREA AND FOUND THE RACK OF ADVERTIZED DECK WOOD 5 1/4 X 8 THE PRICE WAS 4---SOMETHING.I LOADED MY WOOD NOBODY ASKED TO HELP ME.I STOPPED TO GET SOME OLYMPIC STAIN 25$ OFF 3 GAL.AND PICKED UP SOME OTHER THINGS.I BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH LOWES 30 YEAR. HAD 10000.00 LOWES CARD AT ONE TIME.WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE YOUNG MAN CHARGED ME FOR PREMIUM I TOLD HIM I GOT OFF THE 4 DOLLAR HE DID NOT CARE AND BECAME BELIGERANT.A LADY NAMED MICHELL STEPPED IN AND HELPED SEEM IT WAS LOADED ON THE WRONG RACK.WITH NO FURTHER HELP I AND MY WIFE LOADED IT ON THE TRUCK.WE STARTED OUR PROJECT.MY SON HAD BOUGHT ME A NEW DEWALT DRILL FOR MY BIRTHDAY HE BOUGHT IT AT LOWES IT STOPPED WORKING I WAS TIRED AND IT WAS95 DEGREES TOOK IT BACK THE FIRST CLERK GAVE ME ATTITUDE HE WOULD NOT HELP ME I GOT MAD AND ASKED TO SEE A SUPERVISOR I WAS RASING ***.THE SAID THEY WOULD NOT SWAP IT AND THEY COULD NOT TAKE IT BACK THEIR SYSTEM WOULD NOT WORK WITH OUT THE RECEIPT.IT WAS A GIFT.THEN RICK WALKED UP AND TOLD ME TO LEAVE HE WAS CALLING THE POLICE I ASKED HIM TO GO TO THE PARKING LOT AND I WOULD FIX HIS PROBLEM.I LEFT AND WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER DRILL I WANTED TO FINISH THE JOB.I'M 71 YEARS OLD VIET NAM COMBAT VETERAN 33 YEARS ARMY.I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE ATTITUDE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.I NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF EXPERIENCE AT ANY LOWES.I WILL SEND THIS TOO BBB AND COUNTY BLOGS I RESPECTED HERE. AND RUN THIS IN THE NEWS PAPER.I PROMISE TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH LOWES AGAIN AND I WILL SPREAD THIS TO EVERY ONE I NO IN THIS COUNTY AND EVERY WHERE I GO.CALL THE POLICE ON ME BECAUSE I'M MAD YOU DID DISHONORED ME AND FAILED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU PRODUCTS.WILLIAM H AYERS

I am too a Vietnam Combat Veteran different store different problem still same disrespect to the elderly! I would recommend another look at this store from our brothers in arms.

You're shopping in a self service, big box store. Of course your going to load your own lumber.

Yes, the wood was stocked in the wrong location but they and every other retail store has the right to charge the proper price for the items you take. As far as the drill goes, you are bringing in a high theft item without a receipt. No one knows how old it is and if it was even purchased there. You aren't going to find many stores that would treat that return any different.

It would be easy enough to ask your son for the receipt to get the drill taken care of.

It's obvious you got hot and loud otherwise they wouldn't have needed to call the police. I don't know where you plan on shopping, Home Depot won't be any different.

@Anonymous

you probably never built a 400 sq deck and had the tool go bad so you would not understand the frustration of sat afternoon trying to finish and your new dewalt stopped working,thanks for your comment

@Anonymous

I've built plenty of decks and own quite a collection of Dewalt and Bosch tools. If I have a tool that doesn't work when I buy it, I take it back to the store for an exchange WITH MY RECEIPT.

If they fail later they go to the service center for repair. You're just one of those people that feel they can return anything to the store for any reason. Stores just don't make enough money on products anymore to eat the loss on returns like yours.

It's time you realize the "consumer is always right" mentality is a thing of the past. Stores have to protect themselves from consumer abuse to stay in business.

Please stop shouting with the capital letters, Bill.

I can't read your complaint because it annoys my eyes.

Capital letters are for proper nouns and starting sentences.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Service and manager attitude
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
I WANT THIS RICK MANAGER FIRED AND ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE CHANGED TO THE WAY IT USED TO BE
Tags
  • defective products
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Lowes review: Our new door was ruined by staples

2.8
Lowes review - Our new door was ruined by staples
We purchased a door today at your Holland location today 7/22/17, and the door had staples holding everything in place. Fine if you don't have to take them out or see them, but you do, and they marked up the door. So my brand new door is already ruined!!!! This is complete ***. Maybe you should find another way to hold things in place. This isn't the first time this has happened!!
#1561918

Lay some caulk down, most people would assess the build quality/design in store.

What are you talking about? The staples in your pictures are the staples used to attach the molding to the door.

In the process of painting the frame of the door you would use painters putty to fill this area along with the nail holes you created in the frame when you installed the door. Your complaint is totally without value.

It is the standard way doors are made. If you paid any attention to the doors in stock at the store you would have seen they were all built the same way.

Product
Door

Frustrated with Cancellations at West Park Lowes Philadelphia, Pa

2.3
During this recent summer 2017 I purchased a microwave range online with an in store pick up. When I arrived at Lowes to pick up my items, I was told that my order was canceled, but the money was withdrawn from my account. A week later I ordered floor tile the same way, after waiting almost 4 hours after purchase I arrived at Lowes and was told that my order was canceled again. Now because I know I gave the store ample time to contact me I not clear as to why I didn't receive a call informing me that the order was canceled. Both purchases told me that these items were available in store for pick up. Both times Lowes took my money, leaving me to wait days for reimbursement. Also I made several attempts to contact Lowes through their customer care number only to be placed on hold forever, which lead to this review.

Stop ordering online. Lowe's corporate is deluded into thinking they will someday compete with Amazon but their inventory numbers are too sketchy to ever be a real competitor.

You will never have a faster or more convenient experience by shopping online.

Just go to the store and pick out your own stuff. You may have to wait in line forever because there are never any registers open, but at least you'll only be charged for the things in your cart.

If your going to the store to pick it up, why don't you just go the the store and buy the product? Seems like ordering on line is just an extra step in the purchase process.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Cons
  • When rep did help it was like it was a chore to do their job
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
some type of discount compensation

Lowes review in Monroe, Washington: Vinyl Fence installation

1.8
Lowes review - Vinyl Fence installation
First they said it was a two day project that turned into a week long project that actually over a month later is still not done. They also said they would be in contact from start to finish and I was never contacted. I came home one day and my driveway was blocked with materials then a few days later they just showed up to start work didn't even call first. The gate latch on the walk thru gate is already falling off, one of the boards is too short leaving a gap at the top and they never finished the custom gate on the motorhome side. No latch, no wheels they just attached the old wheel from the old gate and it just drags on the ground and there is no way to keep it closed. For something that cost almost $14,000 it was a really *** job!
Machele

For the amount of money you spent on the fence you would be best served by contacting an attorney for a free consult to see what you can do. Since you apparently contracted thru Lowe's, it is up to them to provide a quality product and a proper construction.

I expect the sub contractor(s) they hired to do the job were at fault, but that's Lowe's problem. A good attorney can help you make things right, altho you will have to pay him.

However, you can also ask for attorney fees, etc. The sub contractor most likely has nothing but Lowe's does and should be on the hook.

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Did not finish the job
  • Poor workmanship from contractor
Let the company propose a solution

LOWES - Refusal to Intall Correct Sliding Door

1.2
Contracted with Lowes in the Spring of 2017 to install 2 sliding doors and a window in Nags Head, NC. Also contracted with them for renovation service. One of the sliding doors they installed opens the wrong way and the screen is damaged. These are heavy hurricane rated doors. I contacted executive customer service and after a few weeks of promises, they advised me that they will not replace the door panels with the correct ones and they will not replace the damaged screen. For the renovation work, I have several additional problems/repairs that they are refusing to address. They used poor quality and unprofessional renovation crews. They made promise about completion date that they could not keep. It has been the most awful contracting experience I ever had. I will never buy anything from Lowes again.

Was the proper door ordered? If they installed something other than what is on the order, take them to court. If they installed the door on the order it's your fault for ordering the wrong door.

Vadhir
@Anonymous

Yes, the correct door was ordered. Plus damage the the new screen. Their contracts include an arbitration clause, so it will not be a court case.

@Vadhir

Take it to arbitration. If you can show the for they installed is different than what you ordered you'll win. They're just counting on you not wanting to take the time to push it.

@Anonymous

I definitely will go to arbitration. I paid $25 for their installer to come out and take measurements/specs before ordering.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Refusal to install correct product
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Micky Mouse Operation at Logan, UT Lowes

2.7
Logan, UT Store. Ordered and paid for a Maytag dishwasher in June. Didn't have it in black color in the store. Arranged my schedule and waited 2 weeks for scheduled delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out Lowes didn't even have it in stock. Would have to order it from the manufacture. Scheduled another delivery for two weeks. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out it had not been delivered to the store yet. Would be here next week. Scheduled another delivery. Store called two days prior to delivery and was told that it would be two days later than planned. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called store. They had to check with driver and would call me back. After 20 minutes I called the store. Driver wouldn't answer. Still trying. Called the Store 1.5 hours later. No Answer. Store called back and said they couldn't get in contact with the driver. I told them I would call them tomorrow and let them know when I would be home for the delivery. Store called during the day the next day and wanted to deliver. I told them nobody would be home until that evening. Dishwasher arrived 7/20/17 at scheduled time. Very unhappy with service and professionalism from the Logan, UT store.

Not to further echo what another comment has said, but all the associates in the store can do, is follow up with your order.. Many times employees are told a specific item will arrive on "x" day.

Not until that day, are they usually informed but the manufacturer that the product time frame was moved back several days and sometimes weeks.

It is extremely frustrating for the customer, but even more so for the employee who had deal with this exact conversation 3-5 times a day.

Resolution : sadly only buy in stock.

Mandy

We do apologize you had to go through that many delays. If you need any additional help give us a call 1-800-344-1274!

If you need an appliance right away only buy what is in stock. When you buy a non-stock appliance you are at the mercy of the manufacturer.

If the manufacturer has it in their warehouse you will get it within a week or two. If it's not it will be backordered by the manufacturer and they aren't good at notifying the store that it is backordered. It just won't be on the truck. All the store can do is check with the manufacturer and pass what they say on to you.

Unfortunately the manufacturers information isn't always reliable. It gets even worse when you choose a product made in Korea as those get shipped over on a boat and you may wait months to get your appliance.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Customer service
Let the company propose a solution