Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Don't USE My Lowes- bad IT security practices

I have had my lowes account since 2012. The *** cashier put my most recent purchase on the wrong account. No one in the store could fix it but said to call their customer service number. The *** person at customer service kept me on the call for 45 minutes and then deactivated my account and said that it was permanent. WHAT? DON'T YOU HAVE A DO AT LEAST A NIGHTLY BACKUP FOR THIS IMPORTANT DATA. NOPE!!! So what good is a system that an employee error or software bug can delete all data and there is no recovery. I had almost 6 years of purchases trusting their hype that they were saving all my data.
Product
Lowes Account
poor IT practices
restore data

Misled by Lowes employee

I went to Lowes to buy a washer and dryer, after picking which one I wanted I was told by the assoc. that I did spend enough to get a $150.00 rebate from the company that sold the washer and dryer. I was given a rebate form and they made a copy of my bill for me to send in to get my rebate. About 4-weeks later the company stated that I did not spend enough too get the rebate. I called Lowes corp. 5 times and spoke to about 8 people who gave the run around. My question was why did the sales person tell me I would get a rebate, give me the form and copy the bill for me too send off, was it to make the sales quota for the day. All I got was the run around they have my money and that is all that matters to Lowes. Never will shop at Lowes again.

I recently bought washer and dryer lowes employee said I had a rebate but rebate center said otherwise no misled by employee figures total *** as usuall

Lowes did reach out to me and offered to give me 50% of the rebate for all the trouble. I accept the offer and it is over thank to all for support and comments

the question should be do the public have access to the rebate forms, 1- ( are they sitting on a table at Lowes, can you down load them from your computer etc. ) if not then the question is 2- ( can you only get them from a worker from Lowes ) If the answer is #1 then Lowes should not honor the rebate, but if the answer is #2 the Lowes should honor the rebate.

Stop making excusses for the company and worker and trying to put blame on the buyer must people don't read rebate forms because you don't have to put your private information on the form like (ss# ,cc#, banking info, etc ). So if the question of WHY rebate given in the first place is not answered your statement is worthless, valueless, and *** ola.

Yes I think the person works for Lowes in retail because they went to back the worker when the person who posted used the term (quota) but early in the same sentence they ask (why did rebate come up) paraphrase no backing for the person who posted statement at all pure company person from Lowes.

to the person that worked in retail. Question the worker gave the buyer the idea that they would get a rebate by given a rebate form, copy of bills and told the buyer how to send and retrieve the rebate, is it possible the buyer thought the worker knew what they were doing and the store worker was competent at their job.

I agree with one replier if the worker did not bring up the rebate maybe no post would have been made.

In this case most people don't read the form because they think the store worker was trained and know their jobs. I side with the buyer 100%.

I think it would be helpful if someone would explain why the sales person stated that the buyer was do for a rebate, if the buyer was not told about a rebate would we be talking about this. It looks like the sales person gave the rebate form and instruction to recover money, again it sounds like the sales person overstepped their job requriments

@hampton Va

It looks like the salesperson misunderstood the rebate requirements which were listed on the rebate form the poster filled out. Something must have led both of them to believe the purchase qualified.

The rebate wasn't mentioned till after the decision was made to purchase appliances.

The rebate would have been a nice bonus, but there is really no loss as if it hadn't been brought up the poster would have been perfectly happy with the purchase. The salesperson was just trying to be helpful and made a mistake in reading the rebate form which was repeated when it was filled out and sent in by the poster.

The first reply appears to be sent by a boss or supervisor in the front office at Lowes. You notice they never said the sales person was wrong in the first place to mention the rebate and tried to place 50% of the problem on the buyer, sad

@Anonymous

No, don't work for Lowes but put a lot of years in retail. If you re-read the comment the last sentence says it looks like both the salesperson and the poster misunderstood what was required to get the rebate. It would be interesting to see a copy of the rebate form to see what both the salesperson and the poster were seeing that led them to believe the purchase qualified.

From what I read the buyer picked a product to buy and was given false information by the sales person, did the buyer buy other stuff from Lowes thinking they would get $150.00 in rebates I don't know, but the sales person is at fault don't put any blame on the buyer

I think the person buying the washer and dryer is out something $150.00 that they were entitled to get according to the sales person. Training is the issue on Lowes part, if that the case should we believe anything the sales person tell us.

if the sales person knew and did their job the person buying the product would not have to post anything. I think the store should honor what the sales person did.

Again the buyer was given the rebate form and their bill copied and told what to do to get the rebate. I would have sent it back too, I don't fault the buyer at all.

@reply

My guess is that like the salesperson, you to may have made a mistake or two in your life, unless you can walk on water.

What does it have to do with his making his sales quota. According to your post it wasn't until after you decided on which washer and dryer you wanted that he brought up the rebate.

You really aren't out anything. Seems like you would have noticed the error when you filled out the rebate form.

I can't remember filling out a rebate form that didn't spell out the requirements of the rebate. Looks like both the salesperson and you as well misunderstood what qualified.

View more comments (13)
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Horrendous experiebce - order cancellation

3.2
I called in an order that got mixed up Delivery wise. It took me one afternoon on the phone, two hours at the cashier and half an hour for the manager to cancel the order. Refund issued was in a Store Card instead of the my Gift card payment and it cannot be used to get the benefits of My Lowes on line discount shopping. Apparently they only have one cashier and one manager that can take care of an order cancellation. The manager disappeared for the half hour because they told me he is very busy, Same excuse for the afternoon phone calls, the cashier is very busy, with the addition that they will call me right back but never do so.

If you'd have gotten off your butt and gone to the store and placed the order in the first place you could have confirmed the order was correct and avoided the problem in the first place. Having spent over 30 years in retail I always took care of the customers waiting in the store before those on the phone.

They are there in the store to spend money, the person on the phone is a maybe.

If they don't take your call or don't call you right back, it's because they are busy helping people in the store. Even when you get to the store, keep in mind that a manager has a big store to cover and you may not be the only person seeking their attention.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Order cancellations
  • Store manager and customer service
Poor customer service

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Worst customer service ever!!!

My refrigerator went out while I was out of town, returned home to a horrible smelling house because my fridge stop work. This is 14 months into a extended warranty contract. When I called the Sunday following this discovery, their system was down and I had to wait and additional day for the service call, they scheduled me for 2 days later. When the service men came, they told the motherboard or something went out. and it would take 12 -14 days for the part to come in and they l would let me know when it comes in; the day went by no one called me or anything. I called the next day the lady I spoke with said, " if you rent a refrigerator, we will reimburse you 25%". I got pissed and asked to speak with a manager and JoJo from corporate gets on the line and sets up a lender. Well, it took another 2 days to bring that lender. But, it only gets worst from here, once they came and set up the lender, they leave and one hour later the fridge stops working. I call and they tell me someone will get back to me before the day is over. When the delivery men call me back, they tell me I have someone's fridge that was in the store for repair. Now, they come back the following day (still another day without a refrigerator), when they come they repair the customers fridge and leave it in my house. Now it is three weeks before my fridge is repaired, so they tell me to keep the lender for two or three days and then have it picked up. Well, I call twice and the fridge was in my garage a total of 32 days before they finally picked it up. After, all this ***, now I am waiting on my $300.00 food reimbursement, I sent that in the beginning of May, they tell me, it was never processed because I didn't put prices beside the list of items I submitted (this is the list off food that was in my fridge when it stopped working). But, get this even if you don't submit everything properly no one will ever contact you and let you know, you have to finally call them and they will inform you at that time. So, guess what from April 23, 2017 to now July 11, 2017 I still do not have my reimbursement check, they will let you know it take 21- 28 day to process your claim, even after they have made you life a living ***. I will never buy anything from Lowes ever again. If you are smart get a Home Depot Charge Card and never look back. They never offer me one thing for all my inconvenience or trouble. Lowes sucks!!!!
dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

If you are smart you would know that the stores is not responsible for the service plan. The service plan is provided by an outside vendor, not Lowes.

Same thing at Home depot, the service plans are provided by outside vendors.

You should be placing the blame on the vendor, not the store. Rather than complaining about the loaner Lowes provided you should be happy that they provided it at all, bet Home Depot wouldn't have done that.

How is this Lowe's fault? They aren't responsible for the product or the warranty. They just sold the product.

View more comments (2)
Refrigerator Repair
Cons
  • Rude executive associate
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Full refund

Lowes - Jan to july

If I went into full details I would be here all day and night. The first install was not done right and it wasn't until months later another person installed carpet and it's not as nice of carpet as I originally paid for. Lowes doesn't care the store won't handle it and the operations production doesn't believe me. Go elsewhere or loose time and money!
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Paid for Washer, havent rec'd it- Lowes Steals customers MONEY

paid for washer 7/5, being trying to find out delivery info (time window) since 7/6. Can't get a straight answer from anyone including management. its supposed to be delivered 7/8 according to thier computer but dont know time. Never rec'd call i was supposed to get. when i called to press for info finally got asst store mgr who fessed up and said its hasnt even left for delivery and is not on the truck for today. But it might come. ARE you fricking serious im supposed to wait all day at home in hopes my washer which lowes has my $500 cash already might come today. LOWES stole my money....... i have no product or any idea when i MIGHT get product........ i have emailed corp 4 times no repsonse. i have called store numerous times and gone there 2x. I will now be going paid again to get my washer, wont leave till i know i'm following it to my house, witch btw is 2.5 miles up the road from their store. they will also pay me a days wages as they are wasting my time. Its delievering a WASHER im not asking them to create world peace. its a fricking washer HELLO doesnt get any easier people NEVER AGAIN...
tlamas

our you just dont know the facts???? ummmm think about that!!!

maybe you should ask questions before you assume. you know that saying im sure. let me enlighten you.

i put $750 yes, i paid $500 for washer and they wasted my day telling it MIGHT come today. Meaning i had to stay home all day in hopes if would show up, as of now it hasnt'.

$250 is my daily wage. Time is $$$.. Lowes owes me my daily wage. get it now.

as far as what i wanted, i set up the delivery on 7/5 for saturday yet rec'd no call with time window. Last nite in there computer it showed it was to be delivered saturday 7/8. this morning it showed it was not to be delivered. ALL i wanted was clear answers as to when (what day, what window) i would be receiving the product I paid for.

making sense to you now.....

So basically you assumed and you were wrong. I did not expect to leave store wanting it to be on a truck headed to my house. I simply wanted answers. btw Lowes has already agreed they messed up and their trying to 1) figure out what happened 2) figure out when they can get it to me.

Im hoping by tomorrow to have an answer.

SEE ask questions and dont hide behind Anonymous.... Have a great day and thanks for your input :)

@tlamas

Take time to read your post. By not waiting till you are in a rational state of mind to make a post it looses value.

No where do you say you had to take a day off work without pay for the delivery. You clearly state "wont leave till i know i'm following it to my house...".

Nothing to hide behind, just reading what you put in your post. My guess is if you communicated with the store and in e-mails to corporate in the same manner as your post part of the problem may be working with someone in a worked up emotional state rather than someone trying to communicate with a level head.

Your complaint clearly shows you aren't playing with a full deck. You paid $500 for the machine and are claiming a monetary loss of $750.00?

Today is 7/8, the day the washer is supposed to be delivered and you have e-mailed corporate 4 times??? Do you really think the people at corporate are there to answer your e-mails on a weekend? Your messed up sentence has me thinking you are headed to the store and aren't leaving till the washer is on a truck headed to your house.

Guess what...they load trucks with multiple deliveries and the trucks are gone for hours at a time. You may have a long wait.

tlamas
@Anonymous

one thing i forgot to point out to you. The website is called "Pissed Consumer" .

Im gonna guess that just about all of us writing on the site are indeed Pissed and write with emotion.

in this day of terrible customer service if you don't yelp, write reviews or complain you get ran over.

Not my style. I stick up for my rights, in this case freedom of speech....

Signed --- Not playing with full deck per you.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Read the compliant tired of playing games
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Findlay, Ohio - Employee Related

5.0
I've been employed with Lowe's since 1996. After 5 years I decided to try something else but didn't work out so after 5 mo. I had been rehired and have been with them since then. Now I feel like my job is at risk for (1) not being able to sell the Extra Protection Plans or EPPs. I've sold some but evidently my rate of selling these to the customers is very low. Believe me when I say that I have offered the plan to the customers but few and far between have wanted to purchase them. I work in the proservices area so many of the customers do not want to spend their bosses money, I guess. It is very difficult to sell these plans to these contractors, etc. I've been called on the carpet for not selling them so my work area (front end) has been changed much to my disappointment. I've asked around and and there are also cashiers that haven't sold any of at all. (2) I had my cphone on me and was called out about that. Almost all of the cashiers use them while at work! even the head cashiers. If any comes back to cover that's what they get out of their vest pocket is their phone! I am not responsible for anyone but myself but at the same time I feel singled out for some reason. I've been at that store for 15 maybe 16 years. Know a lot of the workers that come in there and I know for a fact they'll not like this cashier being moved. All of this might sound petty to you whoever is reading this but I'm actually worried sick. I don't know why or understand why this is happening to me. I can't quit or leave and I am scared!!! Is there some way someone can shed a light on this situation. Thank you

no, the issure I am referring to (7July) has not been resolved. I am still at the area where they, my managers, thought I'd do best at (their perception).

I've just decided to do my best at where they scheduled me after all main thing it is a job for me. I've learned the necessary job for the lumber and proservices area but am not able to use this knowledge as far as the contractors/workers is concerned. They have scheduled cashiers to work the area and it is a way for them to learn these contractors/workers don't have the patience for the people to take the time to learn.

Although I have a set time to go in and work and I do get the weekends off which doesn't mean that much to me. I am more than grateful for the time off don't get me wrong but have things personally that I need to take care of that I can't while I'm working everyday of the week....and weekends places are closed......thanks for being there.

Lowe's Protection Plans are not for items that will be used commercially. They shouldn't even be sold to contractors.

chural04603

our manager isn't "user friendly". many have left or has been made like they need to leave...not good morale in the workplace

View more comments (2)
Emplyment related

Lowes - Delivery of a refrigerator and customer service at the Clint

I came in and purchase a refrigerator for next day delivery I was given a delivery date and was told as someone will call me the day before the delivery I called Clinton Maryland store to get a time or if I was still on the delivery for the next day I couldn't reach anyone in delivery so I called customer service the operator she put me on hold for 15 minutes and never came back I wish I had gotten her name but I'm looking for a job if somebody need to look into the customer service at that store because it is bad thank you

I will never do business at Lowes again. Home Depot here we come.

You delivery system is the worse. They kept telling me somebody would call the night before. Never Happened! Trying to talk to anybody about delivery get you to bounce around may different people and phone numbers.

We spent alot of money at Lowes to redo our kitchen and had nothing but problems with deliveries and your subcontractor installers. Home Depot forever.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes - Bad management

2.2
The facial board and the deck board did not install the right way also rail cut short install broken clip
Lowes Deck Board Installation
Bad quality

Terrible, Lowes puts a 72 hour installation guarenteed sign on a/c and NO follow through on advertised guarentee.

2 weeks ago went to Lowes on Pine Island Road, North Fort Myers, Fl, looked at a 10 btu window a/c, sign in lime green on top of all window a/c's said Guarenteed 72 hour installation. Spoke to sales person, and he called Manager. Manager said "take that down." We got a picture of my husband on cell phone standing next to said Guarentee. Sales person said I will have Manager call you on Monday, NO CALL. Following Saturday went to same Lowes to confront Sales person, who was not on. Same lime green sign on top of all window a/c's once again. Bought 10 btu window a/c, set up and paid for 72 hour guarenteed installation. Told we would be called on Monday. NO CALL. On Tuesday 4th of July received a phone call that the installer was on vacation, and it would be the 19th of July to get installed. Called today, and was told Lowes can't help that the installer is on vacation. (They only have one) and continue to keep a sign up saying within 72 hours. Someone dropped the ball with NO follow thru !

Yeah this is BS. Contact your state attorney general's office and report this to them.

Lowes Air Conditioner Installation
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Do not seem to know what is going on or care
  • False advertising
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution