Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review: Our new door was ruined by staples

2.8
Lowes review - Our new door was ruined by staples
We purchased a door today at your Holland location today 7/22/17, and the door had staples holding everything in place. Fine if you don't have to take them out or see them, but you do, and they marked up the door. So my brand new door is already ruined!!!! This is complete ***. Maybe you should find another way to hold things in place. This isn't the first time this has happened!!
#1561918

Lay some caulk down, most people would assess the build quality/design in store.

What are you talking about? The staples in your pictures are the staples used to attach the molding to the door.

In the process of painting the frame of the door you would use painters putty to fill this area along with the nail holes you created in the frame when you installed the door. Your complaint is totally without value.

It is the standard way doors are made. If you paid any attention to the doors in stock at the store you would have seen they were all built the same way.

Product
Door
Damaged or defective

Frustrated with Cancellations at West Park Lowes Philadelphia, Pa

2.3
During this recent summer 2017 I purchased a microwave range online with an in store pick up. When I arrived at Lowes to pick up my items, I was told that my order was canceled, but the money was withdrawn from my account. A week later I ordered floor tile the same way, after waiting almost 4 hours after purchase I arrived at Lowes and was told that my order was canceled again. Now because I know I gave the store ample time to contact me I not clear as to why I didn't receive a call informing me that the order was canceled. Both purchases told me that these items were available in store for pick up. Both times Lowes took my money, leaving me to wait days for reimbursement. Also I made several attempts to contact Lowes through their customer care number only to be placed on hold forever, which lead to this review.

Stop ordering online. Lowe's corporate is deluded into thinking they will someday compete with Amazon but their inventory numbers are too sketchy to ever be a real competitor.

You will never have a faster or more convenient experience by shopping online.

Just go to the store and pick out your own stuff. You may have to wait in line forever because there are never any registers open, but at least you'll only be charged for the things in your cart.

If your going to the store to pick it up, why don't you just go the the store and buy the product? Seems like ordering on line is just an extra step in the purchase process.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Cons
  • When rep did help it was like it was a chore to do their job
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
some type of discount compensation

Lowes review in Monroe, Washington: Vinyl Fence installation

1.8
Lowes review - Vinyl Fence installation
First they said it was a two day project that turned into a week long project that actually over a month later is still not done. They also said they would be in contact from start to finish and I was never contacted. I came home one day and my driveway was blocked with materials then a few days later they just showed up to start work didn't even call first. The gate latch on the walk thru gate is already falling off, one of the boards is too short leaving a gap at the top and they never finished the custom gate on the motorhome side. No latch, no wheels they just attached the old wheel from the old gate and it just drags on the ground and there is no way to keep it closed. For something that cost almost $14,000 it was a really *** job!
Machele

For the amount of money you spent on the fence you would be best served by contacting an attorney for a free consult to see what you can do. Since you apparently contracted thru Lowe's, it is up to them to provide a quality product and a proper construction.

I expect the sub contractor(s) they hired to do the job were at fault, but that's Lowe's problem. A good attorney can help you make things right, altho you will have to pay him.

However, you can also ask for attorney fees, etc. The sub contractor most likely has nothing but Lowe's does and should be on the hook.

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Did not finish the job
  • Poor workmanship from contractor

LOWES - Refusal to Intall Correct Sliding Door

1.2
Contracted with Lowes in the Spring of 2017 to install 2 sliding doors and a window in Nags Head, NC. Also contracted with them for renovation service. One of the sliding doors they installed opens the wrong way and the screen is damaged. These are heavy hurricane rated doors. I contacted executive customer service and after a few weeks of promises, they advised me that they will not replace the door panels with the correct ones and they will not replace the damaged screen. For the renovation work, I have several additional problems/repairs that they are refusing to address. They used poor quality and unprofessional renovation crews. They made promise about completion date that they could not keep. It has been the most awful contracting experience I ever had. I will never buy anything from Lowes again.

Was the proper door ordered? If they installed something other than what is on the order, take them to court. If they installed the door on the order it's your fault for ordering the wrong door.

Vadhir
@Anonymous

Yes, the correct door was ordered. Plus damage the the new screen. Their contracts include an arbitration clause, so it will not be a court case.

@Vadhir

Take it to arbitration. If you can show the for they installed is different than what you ordered you'll win. They're just counting on you not wanting to take the time to push it.

@Anonymous

I definitely will go to arbitration. I paid $25 for their installer to come out and take measurements/specs before ordering.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Refusal to install correct product
Damaged or defective

Micky Mouse Operation at Logan, UT Lowes

2.7
Logan, UT Store. Ordered and paid for a Maytag dishwasher in June. Didn't have it in black color in the store. Arranged my schedule and waited 2 weeks for scheduled delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out Lowes didn't even have it in stock. Would have to order it from the manufacture. Scheduled another delivery for two weeks. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called the store and found out it had not been delivered to the store yet. Would be here next week. Scheduled another delivery. Store called two days prior to delivery and was told that it would be two days later than planned. Arranged schedule and waited for delivery. Didn't come. Called store. They had to check with driver and would call me back. After 20 minutes I called the store. Driver wouldn't answer. Still trying. Called the Store 1.5 hours later. No Answer. Store called back and said they couldn't get in contact with the driver. I told them I would call them tomorrow and let them know when I would be home for the delivery. Store called during the day the next day and wanted to deliver. I told them nobody would be home until that evening. Dishwasher arrived 7/20/17 at scheduled time. Very unhappy with service and professionalism from the Logan, UT store.

Not to further echo what another comment has said, but all the associates in the store can do, is follow up with your order.. Many times employees are told a specific item will arrive on "x" day.

Not until that day, are they usually informed but the manufacturer that the product time frame was moved back several days and sometimes weeks.

It is extremely frustrating for the customer, but even more so for the employee who had deal with this exact conversation 3-5 times a day.

Resolution : sadly only buy in stock.

Mandy

We do apologize you had to go through that many delays. If you need any additional help give us a call 1-800-344-1274!

If you need an appliance right away only buy what is in stock. When you buy a non-stock appliance you are at the mercy of the manufacturer.

If the manufacturer has it in their warehouse you will get it within a week or two. If it's not it will be backordered by the manufacturer and they aren't good at notifying the store that it is backordered. It just won't be on the truck. All the store can do is check with the manufacturer and pass what they say on to you.

Unfortunately the manufacturers information isn't always reliable. It gets even worse when you choose a product made in Korea as those get shipped over on a boat and you may wait months to get your appliance.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Customer service

Resolved: Lowes review in Cranberry, Pennsylvania: Appliance Delivery failure

2.0

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

Fridge was delivered just before 9pm on 7/21/17. One day after delivery date.

I was told several delivery drivers and a manager quit so most deliveries are being rescheduled.

Had they at least called me and explained rather than not call/not show at all I would of been empathetic.

This experience has made me very leery of purchasing any item that may need to be delivered from Lowe's ever again.

Original review posted by user Jul 20, 2017

Ordered a top freezer, bottom fridge appliance in cash July 14th, 2017. Paid for recycling of old freezer and delivery on July 20th, 2017. Nobody ever called me to confirm delivery time. I called at noon on delivery day, confirmed we were on schedule. Was told they had a driver get hurt and it would most likely be the afternoon today when it would be delivered. Nobody ever called me so I called at 5:40pm on delivery day and was told someone should have called me but the delivery is not happening. They could schedule me for a delivery on July 29th which is next available. No calls, no confirmations, no explanations, no customer service. What a horrible first experience with Lowe's!
Resolved
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Lack of delivering product i paid for
  • Lack of calling us to confirm or change delivery
Reason of review
Delivery issue, poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review: Unacceptable delivery of new oven

New oven was delivered in damaged condition on 7/19. Mrg was to call me re new delivery date but this never happened. I called store the next day and found out that delivery of another over would be delivered on 7/31 which means that i can't finish the remodeling of my kitchen for several more weeks. In addition, my cabinets can't be opened due to the damaged over. I called the store and got DISCONECTED (?) WHILE EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM. I'll never buy anything from Lowes again! This complaint, combined with two Lowes sale items being out of stock and the home improvement estimates for my kitchen last year being a waste of time and money means I'll be shopping at Home Depot in the future - HD is a professional organization but Lowes is amateurish. Bye

You obviously had to order the oven. Do you think they delivered a damaged oven on purpose?

It takes time to get the oven from the manufacturer to deliver, so no they can't deliver it the next day.

Ho is not having the oven holding up the rest of the kitchen or keeping you from opening cabinet doors? Sounds like someone trying to make a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Poor quality and poor customer service
  • Lack of response from corporate lowes
  • See comment above
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Bay Shore, New York: Entry Door - Wrong color - no door *** - wrong hardware for strom door.

I ordered an entry door from Loews = I wanted a black door with Oval Lite window. The salesman hit the wrong color. I didn't catch it. The receipt for the storm door - with black trim was on top and it noted the color black. The door came in in the color Eclipse. This happens to be a navy or midnight navy blue - in some lights your can't tell. Took me a while to catch it. The door had no door *** I understand now they do not come with door knobs. Could I have been told that. My carpenter is at the house installing the door and I have to run out and purchase the door *** 2nd. The storm door comes in with the wrong hardware - so the door handle opens incorrectly. Sad to say - I thought Loews was step up. It is a step down - I will never purchase from them again. Sales people should be informed and help the customer.

Store employees do their best to get you the products you want. Sometimes they make the error, sometimes it's how the customer communicates their desires.

They reason they print the orders out for you is so that you can review them and make sure you are getting what you want. Having worked in retail for over 40 years 90% of the time customers will blame the salesperson. Its odd that the customers feel they are so perfect and it's only possible for a salesperson to make a mistake. Your post even indicates you assume things rather than asking.

For example, the door *** There are multiple brands, colors and styles of door knobs available. Why would you assume they would pick one and include it with the door? I pitty the next store you choose.

You won't find that their salespeople are perfect either, nor will they be able to read your mind and know what you are assuming about the products you are purchasing. Next time take a little time to learn about the products you are shopping for before making a purchase.

Product
Door
Let the company propose a solution

Resolved: Lowes review in Richmond, Virginia: WHO KNOWS WERE THE ORDER IS OR WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??

3.5

Update by user Jul 21, 2017

After repeated calls and emails. I finally got a call that the frig was on its way to my house.

But after I was told 3-4 different things. As big as a company this is you'd think they'd have a better system to know what going on with orders anytime along the process!

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I placed an order07/18/2017 Order #: 337343699 Invoice #: Order Total: $898.31 by calling and the rep was very pleasant. and she informed me that I would be receiving a call later that eve last night and I did not. the reason why I purchased this frig not just the price but my current is not working correctly and I needed the new one as to not loose all my food. So, I sit here on indefinite hold while the rep I called is doing who knows what?? this is really poor customer service. and I've spent plenty of money with your company. This really *** me off to no end!. That I'm told one thing and then I do not get what I was told. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER THEN I RECEIVED THIS FROM THEIR CUSTOMER CARE: Greetings David, I appreciate your email regarding the delivery status of order number 337343699. I apologize for any inconvenience. I checked my records and they say your order was delivered today. If you believe there to be any discrepancy, please let me know and I will do whatever possible to help resolve your order status. Optionally, I invite you to contact the store fulfilling the order at (804) 226-5440. They are there to help as well. If at any time you would like to call the Lowe's Corporate Customer Care/Sales Team, their phone number is 800-445-6937. They are available for help at your convenience, Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (EST). I truly value you as our customer and sincerely appreciate you choosing Lowe's for your home improvement needs. If for any reason you require further assistance, please feel free to let me know by replying to this email and I will respond at the earliest possibility. Best regards, Mark O. Lowes Customer Care I wouldn't be contacting them if I had the product looking where it is now would I! Come on now REALLY!!WTF!!

I can help . Avoid buying from Lowes. The delivery people are hideous.

You ordered this unit online.

Online orders are not always up to date with inventory, and many times sell the display as valid inventory.

Which most people don't like.

There are literally 0 comments in your order. So I dont know how to further help you.

Resolved
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Going to the store
  • Staff
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
Cons
  • Delivery prblems
Tags
  • Refrigerator Delivery Lowes

Lowes review in Union, New Jersey: Paralytic delivery system

2.4

Update by user Jul 22, 2017

I consider this situation half resolved. I went in the store to get my money back.

I got one of the two purchases refunded and I am still waiting for the other one to show up on my card.

This clownish operation would never happen at Home Depot I know since they have a dedicated team to resolve these things way before they get this far. Will update.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I have never been treated this way by any business. I cannot believe how poorly your operation functions. Contrary to the email I received telling me my chairs have been delivered, they have not. One Monday I went to the store in Union NJ to find out why? What it the problem? Why can none of your staff figure this out? I took Sean by the hand, led him over to the two boxes of chairs he had in stock ( I only need one of the boxes ). He made some kind of note, talked to Sly, came back to me and told me they would pick up the incorrect order on Monday and leave the correct order. But I would have to pay for the chairs AGAIN! since something was delivered to my house lol. OK, I did it figuring I will get a refund in a few days. Now though you have over $700.00 of mine and I have nothing since you picked up the incorrect delivery but left no replacement. I have been trying to call the store, all day yesterday but could not speak with anybody. I kept getting hung up on or ignored. The people you hire should not be allowed near your telephone. They represent your company very poorly. I called the store today around noon and spoke to Jonathan in delivery. Sean was not in. He said he cannot get it to me today. I told him that is unacceptable. I asked to speak to the store manager. Not in. I spoke to, I think she said Vanessa. I am not sure. Her language and speaking skills could not coherently convey her name in an understandable way even after asking her to speak clearly. She seems to say the same thing as Jonathan, it cannot be done today. That is unacceptable. Tomorrow will mark the 30th day since I placed the order for an in stock item on June 30th. I have been lied to by store staff numerous times. I do not have it yet and you are holding twice the original purchase price. If you think just writing this little diatribe is somehow therapeutic and I am done venting, you do not know me. I am taking your clown show on the road. You know what happens when you do right by a customer? Nothing. They go about their business because things went as they should. When you burn a customer, what does he do? He goes out of his way to inform at least 10 people of what happened. I suggest you get your store in line. Have someone load the box into a truck and send it to my house. Today. Within hours. NOT tomorrow! ENOUGH!!
Eavan

My latest email. I keep getting different people.

Lowesdeliveryservices@lowes.com

12:43 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello Ruth,

I sincerly apologize for the inconvience and frustrations that this has caused.

I have reached out to the store and spoke with Tahiv the service manager. He advised that you will be receiving the chairs on Saturday 7/22/2017. I aslo inquired about your refund he advised it takes 3-5 business days from the date the chairs were picked up for the credit to show to your account. Once againg I sincerly apologize for all the frustration that this has caused.

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you, Anna rich f 1:27 PM (1 hour ago) to Lowesdeliverys. Dear ronda/alex/matthew/terry/anna lol What don't you get? Cancel the order and return ALL of my $700.00 plus NOW!!

I DO NOT WANT THE CHAIRS!!! Your store has no respect for you personally, or the position you hold. Otherwise I would have had my chairs weeks ago. Your office is impotent.

They have been laughing for weeks now. Even after I caught them lying to my face about being out of stock, and showed them 2 boxes, the same ones I saw when I placed the order, they do not take a customer seriously. The store has severe personnel issues. I am 65 and in all my years I have never encountered a more poorly run operation.

Today I stand in disbelief that you would think giving me another delay/date 2 days ahead would be appeasing to me after all that has occurred. Amazing indeed. You clowns have run out of time. Know where you will be in 5 years?

Research Sears and Kmart. Since more than 30 days have passed since placing this order, and the fact that you extorted the purchase price from me AGAIN and STILL failed to deliver, you can be sure I will begin actions against your company which will be quite punitive in nature.

Consider is your notice to escalate the matter into qualified hands. Failure to escalate this matter would indicate the level of detachment from reality all of you suffer from and will be quite costly to you in the end.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders