Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Good bye Lowes, hello home depot

I bought wood floors May 16 from Charlottesville Lowes, they were supposed to be delivered June 1, I took that day off work and the delivery people never arrived. It's now July 1 and I have been getting the runaround from delivery, central products, customer service and the store. Everyone keeps saying you will hear from someone within 2 business days. I havn't heard from anyone. Now i'm getting bills from my lowes card for this stuff that hasn't been delivered let alone installed. It's been the worst experience ever, I cut up my lowes card and am going to cancel the whole order. I've had windows installed, blinds installed, tile, carpet and havnt had any issues, this has pissed me off so much that it has erased any good feelings I had for lowes, only home depot for me now. See ya

Good luck with Home depot! Maybe you should check their complaints on here before you go spouting off about how great they are!

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Shopped at Lowes in Festus Missouri. Was Helped by Mary. She did an excellent job of finding what I wanted and giving me suggestions for adding to my inquire.

5.0
Mary was knowledgeable and informative regarding what I needed. She added to my quest by suggesting other things. Great job, She was willing to go above and beyond what I needed and was also ready to help another customer after I was finished. She is a good representative for Lowes as she embodies what Lowes stands for...Helping Knowledge customer interest and support. Keep her as a member of the Lowes staff. She is worth her salary and then some. I feel that I have said all that is necessary and anything more is just hyperbole. One hundred words is way too much. What else could I say that would not be redundant.
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Customer service
Fair pricing

Lowes Ottawa west hunt club Rd

Very poor treatment received by lowes store's plumbing dept manager Chris. I had purchased a shower door and the top of the receipt it stated that it would be in by 6/30/17 at the latest. I called the store this morning and spoke with Chris. Chris was rude with me. I was asking for compensation because I had already hired a contractor for today and was expecting my items to be in today. Chris did not care and told me it was my own fault for hiring a contractor before my item was in. I stated I was going to contact corporate and Chris told me go right ahead and he did not care. Now I have to pay my contractor. I called head office and Matt ( assistant manger of the store ) called me back. Instead of admitting the mistakes, rude behaviour and apologize he continued defending employee as Chris.. So it looks like at this store customer is wrong enven if you have a written prove.

even if delivered on time...what if it was damaged or wrong item...wait till item(s) comes in AND inspected b4 sch'd workers

No one with an ounce of common sense would hire a contractor to install a product before they had it. Stores can tell you when the manufacturer says the product should arrive but there are a lot of things that can cause a delay.

Some of those things include: the warehouse is out of stock, the product in the warehouse is damaged, the trucking company damages the product, the trucking company is slower than expected, the truck breaks down....the list can go on and on.

A reputable contractor wouldn't set a firm installation date until he knew the products needed for the project were ready either. You only have yourself to blame for setting a date for someone to install a product before you had it at your home.

@Anonymous

Both of you looked beyond this. No one called the customer and told him there was a delay.

If you have no call or email you will figure everything is a go. Also, contractors have to schedule all of their jobs too, so waiting till you have the item you may have to wait for an install time.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Price reduction
Tags
  • Total Customer Service Failure

Lowes Carpet Scam $97 install at Lynnwood WA (196th) store, This store SUCKS! Mistake after Mistake after Lie after Lieh going thruough!

1.8
I visited the flooring dept at Lowes on 196th St SW, Lynnwood Wa on July 13 to order carpet for 2 homes my sister and mother own. I filled out the flooring folders w/correct install address, my email, names and # for owners. Installers came out and measured. That's when the *** started. The flooring salesman got the addresses and names mixed up. When we figured out the error, went in to pay for carpet, they had 4x more pad on the estimate than what we needed. When that got corrected, we paid the invoice and were told install would be 7-10 days. We got home and noticed the install address was incorrect (the other house). After repeated calls to Lowes to get the install address straight, they said they would have to credit and recharge to correct the address. They finally did this today, June 29 and now I'm being told the install wait starts today (after being told prior by 3 people at Lowes that my install date would not be affected by their screw up on the address. The $97 install is a scam. On the invoice they charge you for the pad IN THE INSTALL PRICE. The $97 install or FREE INSTALL is merely a scam, lost leader. You have to look carefully at the amounts for pad and carpet and make sure they are not overcharging you for those items to make up for the FREE INSTALL. I will never use this store again for carpet purchase and install. Everyone there seems to have no brains. When the store manager called me to "apologize" I said I didn't need an apology, I needed performance. I need the carpet installed like they said, which would have been coming up this week. Now we have to wait another 12 days! BAD JOB LOWES.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes Credit Card - Don't Do It

2.4
I opened a Lowes Credit Card and the associate made the zero interest sound like the best way to go. I've learned my lesson. You are hit with an absurd deferred interest charge when it ends. So much for paying over the minimum to get it paid off faster. The interest hits and takes your balance up higher than your original purchase. When you call and ask them to help you out they tell you sorry you should have been aware that the promotion was ending. Bad business Lowes and the company that holds the credit card. I cannot believe this practice is legal. Believe me, if I tried pulling something this I'd be in jail. To all those thinking about getting a Lowes Credit Card think again. Definitely don't take advantage of the zero interest as you end up getting screwed. You're better off to go another route.

Read any agreement before you sign it. The no interest promotions are all the same.

It's right there in black and white. It will tell you there is no interest if the purchase is paid of in XX months. If the purchase is not paid in full within that period of time accrued interest will be applied. They even tell you what the balance of the interest is in every bill you get.

The agreement also tells you what the interest rate is, and it is usually well over 20%. It is a very legal agreement, and it works well for people that abide by the terms of the agreement. NEVER buy products on a no interest promotion if you don't have the money available to pay it off.

There are many lower interest options if you need longer term financing. You only have yourself to blame for not looking at what you were agreeing to.

offconsumerpissed

Dear Jesus. Do you really think they are offering zero interest out of the kindest of their hearts? No, they are banking on schmucks to somehow still not pay their bill despite having it spread over many months.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - BAYSHORE LOWE'S DOES NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY COMMITTMENT

In 2014 I purchased a Maytag Refrigerator for $1529.10 from Lowe's at 491 Bayshore Blvd. San Francisco. The purchase included a 5-year warranty for $119.97. After two and 1/2 years, my refrigerator began to make grinding sounds and I called Appliance Repair Heroes who cover warranty service for Lowe's. The serviceman came out and told me that I have "ice in the motor" and they would need to order two parts. After two weeks I called them and was told that one part came in, but the other part needed to be reordered. It is now four weeks and the second part has still not arrived. I went on Yelp and looked up Appliance Repair Heroes and found that there were many, many people like me who reported that the company did not respond to them and have not repaired their refrigerator. It is obvious that Appliance Repair Heroes is a disreputable repair company and attempt to frustrate you to go to another repair service so that Lowe's will not need to spend money on your warranty service. I also fault Lowe's Bayshore store who really don't support people who purchase their appliance and get a warranty. How could they not fact check the company who does their warranty repair as honest or reputable? Do not purchase an appliance from Lowe's Bayshore store and do not even think that Appliance Repair Heroes will honor the warranty contract that you purchase from this store. Leo Catalano San Francisco

i doubt the decision for appl repair contracts is made at the store level

The repair people can't just 5hit the part you need! It's probably being shipped from Korea. That can take a while because they sure as *** aren't going to pay to have it overnighted for a free repair!

I assume that you think Appliance Repair Heroes has every part for every appliance sitting around. Guess what.

It doesn't work that way. The may have some common parts but others need to be ordered when they are needed.

Sounds like one of the parts got there but the other one either came in wrong or wasn't shipped from their supplier. All to often stores or service centers are at the mercy of their parts suppliers as they can't just go in the back room and make one up for you.

View more comments (2)
Maytag Refrigerator
Warranty issue
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Terrible customer service

I went to the Commack store to get a grill burner but I couldn't find the size that I need it, and a staff told me to wait because he was helping another customer. I wait and he told his customer that the store doesn't have the grill that he wants and he can check in anothe store, his customer said ,"no that's ok", and he left, then he asked me again what I need and I explained to him again, he went to the computer station and asked his co worker about the grill that his prior customer was looking for. They talked and he went again to the grill and left stand there like I was invisible. At this point I realized that he wasn't helping me at all, he still looking for the grill for a customer that already left the store. He saw me leaving and he didn't care. I bought a grill at Lowes 2 years ago for the first time and I need parts, I will never shop here again, Home Depot has a better customer service than Lowe's that's for sure.
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - On-line purchase

2.8
I purchased a Dewalt angle grinder during the Father['s day weekend. there was a promo for discount on purchase over 100 Dollars. Well I had to call customer service to get the discount applied. The customer service rep was helpful and could not understand why my discount was not being applied. Finally agree to order items with the discount and have delivered to local store in Quakertown Pa. . My credit card payment indicated the discount. I was promised delivery by June 28th at the latest. Well, June 28th came and no call from store. I call the store where i stay on hold for almost 20 minutes, as they finally determine that it may be 2-3 weeks before the item I ordered comes in because it is on back order. This is unbelievable, and unacceptable. How could a reputable corporation not know that n item is not in stock? at no time did someone contact me to offer a solution to my purchasing predicament. I usually purchase items cash at local store . i average over a 1000 dollars a year in various miscellaneous purchases. My local store experiences has sometimes been difficult and unpleasant, and many times find your employees a consumer liability to a pleasant and helpful store experience. If you cannot remedy my latest problem I will no longer make any purchases at Lowes, either on-line or in store. I needed the angle grinder for a home project that will now now happen as a result of your poor communication and difficult on-line experience. I will drive a little further to a competitor . This is your last chance to reach out to me an offer an alternative choices to a 2-3 week additional wait. Unhappy, dissatisfied, disappointed customer; Randal Breininger Phone: 267 240 5522 email: rhb2u@aol.com

Your comment said they would have the grinder delivered to your local store. In most cases like this the product is being ordered and shipped from the manufacturer.

Lowes has no way of knowing what is in DeWalt's warehouse and DeWalt more than likely did not notify them that the order would be delayed until you called to check on the order and they called DeWalt to see why it wasn't there yet.

Keep in mind that the retail stores don't pop in the back room and make your product when you order it. They are just the middleman between you and the manufacturer.

Lowes Rebate
Tags
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Lowes - Delivery service awful

waited all day to get washer delivered I ordered offline 2 weeks ago,first- the store tells me they 2 weeks behind on delivery so I was without a washer for 2 weeks then lowes said delivering today and I waited and waited finally at 530 delivery person calls said I'm 10 minutes from you ,kept calling me for directions told me they were parked at Whataburger I said sit there ill cime get you and you can follow ,I went to Whataburger no lowes truck ,came back home they called again and I give them directions for the 4th time finally at 730 pm they drive up ,aguy and girl(said its his coworker) hooked up washer told me sign didn't explain anything this was lowes store 2710 alkay dr shreveprt louisana 71118
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - No grace periord

Guadalupe Savala We open an account in dec, my first pmt was late and was told the late charge would be taken off, so we have been making 50 a month pmts at times monthly twice a month, to this date, in 6 months to date we have paid $632.00. I was told since my pmt were not made on the 3rd of each month we have been late. REALLY! We built our house from the ground up with lowes, now I will pay you off once refinanced and will get what I need to Home Depo Good by If lows has there name on it, (credit card) then Lows is responsible

"If lows has there name on it, (credit card) then Lows is responsible"

?????????????????????????????????