Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Commerce Charter Township, Michigan - Simply wanted to know if the item would get delivered

Lowes was a huge disappointment this morning. I go in for a simple shower flange. They are out of stock. No big deal. I was going to order online. The web site wanted to charge me $5.99 for delivery. The hispanic guy in the plumbing department told me to use their computer to order and i would not be charged delivery fees. Then he walks away leaving the company computer open for hacking if i had choose to. I type in my order and click to print my receipt. It tells me it cant give me a receipt. I go look for the guy in plumbing again, tell him i cant get a receipt. (Should have never been given access to their system). His response is just take a picture. He didnt want to come over to their computer to get it to print. After explaining to him i wanted an actual receipt. Not a screen picture. He sent it to the paint department to print it. Feeling nervous about my order, and wanting to let a manager know what had just happened, another employee told me to get the store manager because it should not have been handled that way. He said to get, i believe her name was Wanda or Mandy he said shes the stores main manager. I go to the customer service desk explain what happened and she refused to come out. So an assistant manager came out when i demanded to know what was going on with the order i had to just place on their computer. The guy they sent out had no idea why the plumbing dept. Guy had me use their system with no employee help. He then told me when he looked into the system my order would not be delivered to me even tho they took the money out of my account. He then had to call the plumbing guy over to look up my order. Remember hes the manager, and he had no idea how to do his job. So yet again I ask for the store manager and again they send out another flunky assistant manager who yet again had no idea how to see if my order went thru properly. So after 2 useless assistant managers are not able to know if this was done properly. I demanded the store manager come out. Yet again she hid in the back and sent out 2 more assistant managers named Sheila Javadi and Rob Field. The store manager still hid in the back. Sheila and Robs solution was that Sheila was going to go to howell pick up the part I ordered and bring it to the Commerce store and I could purchase that one. Even tho lowes took money out of my account for the one I ordered their manager said I would not receive it and I needed to come back and pay again for the one they were picking up. In summary. Lowes employee left me to use their system alone. And not one ASSISTANT MANAGER was able to let me know why my account was debeted the money for a product I would not receive, and want me to purchase a second one without receiving the first. And the store manager litterally hid in the back and refused to come assist me and instead kept sending out flunkies who had no idea what they were doing. The elderly gentlemen at the counter next to me, after listening to the lowes employees blow me off for over a half hour, looked at the assistant manager and told him they have awful P.R. and theur customer relations by their assistant manager was pathetic and he would q be back because of how these fools handed this situation. So this store manager lost 2 customers today because she hid in the back and was useless. Home depot is where i will go now on.

Store managers have a lot to do. She may have been in a meeting, on the phone or handling other matters.

You could have waited who knows how long for her to become available or as they did send one of the assistant managers to talk to you. The reality in Big Box stores is that the store management is responsible for the overall store but the people working in the departments are more aware of the products handled in their department and how orders for certain items are handled. When you look at hundreds of thousands of items one person just can't be an expert at everything. Do you think the president of the united states should know how to order a uniform for an army private?

No, but as the president he is ultimately responsible for the ability to order that uniform. He has many people working under him that handle day to day functions.

Same thing with store mangers. They can look into why things were done the way they were but it may not happen while you are standing there.

So they tried to help you out on the QT, save you some money and this is how you react.

Waaaa, I want a receipt.

This is the exact reason people do not want to bend rules for people like you.

The second they do, whining like this kicks in.

Your receipt is your credit card statement should anything go wrong.

What a turkey you are!!!

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Customer service

2.7
Had to run around store looking for help, mentioned to sales associate that some items were not priced, his response was, we don't have time for that!
Lowes Sales Representative

POOR SERVICE-ANGRY LOWES EMPLOYEES

4.2
On June 24th I went to YAKIMA, WA LOWES to purchase a dishwasher. It was obvious that the man at the register was beet red and mad at someone. He could not get my VET discount to activate and told me I had to forget it and get registered properly tomorrow. I told him it worked yesterday and this mornings try F1 and use my phone number and he became angry and when I told him to calm down he started yelling. I asked to speek to the manager and he said it was the lady in the next register. When I asked both for his name they refused to give me their name. I would not leave, since my dishwasher had not yet arrived, till I spoke to a manager. A gentleman came to me and asked the problem and I told him what happened. He assured me that it would be dealt with but as I was leaving I heard one of the staff, standing there, tell another one that it was an angry customer and nothing will be done about it. The staff at most Lowes lately, Seattle to Central WA have been getting rude and very mean spirited. I am wondering is Lowes is doing things to make their staff angry because none of them seem to enjoy their jobs and they all hate the customers that pay their wages. I have decided to return my dishwasher and and go to HOME DEPOT IN THE MORNING. When they see my business purchases and personal purchases they will realize how much money they will be throwing away by bad customer service. D Johnson

When you complain online via the Lowe's website or call the 800-44-LOWES # they generate a ticket - a CCIC - that's sent to the store's management team to follow up on within 24 hrs but good luck with that. In the next few weeks/upcoming month management is getting cut along with another round of associate cuts all in the name of increasing profitabilityThe morale of the associates within each lowe's is extremely low right now because of the CEO Niblock and his gang of out of touch corporate leaders intentionally running the company into the ground by cutting payroll hours at the store level to cut costs and on that on paper increases profits for him, the stockholders, and his wall street pals.

Niblock would rather appeal to the wallstreet profit gang then do the right thing and invest those profits back into store operations and the people. Niblock professes to be a servant leader and forces every manager to subscribe the servant leadership model but it's all a social scam. All he cares about is putting more dollars in his pocket at whatever costs.Just look at how Home Depot is smashing Lowe's in sales, customer service, product availability/in-stock position, first to market in new products, IT infrastructure and backend processes.

Niblock only cares about his *** NASCAR *** and looking good around his buddies. He doesn't give one rats *** about people at the store level.

First, Im sorry you had that horrible customer service experience with the company. That is not something we enjoy hearing.

What I can tell you, these are extremely turbulent times for many employees do to multi-wave mass restructure that has effected nearly half the staff at every store.I am by no means a spokesperson, just an honest employee.

Lowe's has eliminated around 14 full time management position per store on average, and much of the slack is left on the shoulders of our (younger, less seasoned) part time employees. However this does not forgive any employee for raising there voice with a customer.

h.kitchener

Problems like you experienced are usually due to lack of adequate management. Best to shop elsewhere when you encounter store locations like yours.

I shop at a local Lowe's and have always had good experiences.

Lowe's has a website. Go to it and file a complaint with corporate about that location.

@h.kitchener

This is an effective way for your voice and experience to herd yes... but coming from inside the store.

Issues presented this way are seldom resolved. Best practice is keep your composure and insist on speaking with a SALARIED manager.

Lowe's has restructured its Management platform and now there are extremely under trained managers that are customer facing (in daily businesses purposes) being forced to deal with such issues. Which often result in a further aggravated customer.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Very upset and will give home depot a shot for awhile
Preferred solution
Have a long talk with the staff about the importance of each customer, keep calm and stop being so angry and nasty

Lowes in Framingham, Massachusetts - Bad experiance with purchase and instllation of Pella patio door

1.5
Went to Lowe's in Framingham MA to purchase a Pella patio door with installation. Went to door and window dept. associate told me that if I wanted them to install the door they would have to come out and measure the opening. I agreed and paid the $35.00 fee for this service. I was told I would be contacted in 2 business days to set appointment for measurement. 4 days later still no call. spent 4 hours on the phone with no luck. Went to the store and asked to speak to a manager. After half an hour manager said He would personally call the company to get this done. still no luck and manager is ducking me. Then I tried to purchase the door on line. transaction went through YEA !! got a call that the door would be delivered on Thursday great. Thursday morning store called the door is out of stock. I questioned this as the web site had 3 in stock ?? These people said they could not help me and refund my money. I then went to the Dedham MA store and ordered the door it came Friday but still no refund on the original door and not instillation. DON'T USE LOW'S, customer service is not responsive POOR Employee performance. 3 days still haven't got the refund for the door and never got the $35 measurement fee returned..
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Bullying by staff member at wilmington Lowes, concord pike

4.3
While searching for entrance to hardware tools section, I walking turning right to the entrance when I encountered a staff member walking toward me. I attempted to walk to his left assuming he would walk to his right but he stopped, blocking me from proceeding with out me reversing and turning to walk around him to his right. As I walked around him he made a sound indicating to me that he had blocked me on purpose! I m elderly but not without integrity or feelings! I have shopped in Lowes often, in fact over the last few months have spent a couple thousand dollars while refinishing my basement. Up until now every Lowes employee has been courteous and helpful. I normally do not shop at this particular Lowes so maybe the staff there are just not as professional! I've have reported this before but received no comments from Owes!

Sounds like you turned a corner into the aisle he was walking down. No being sure what you were going to do he stopped walking.

Sounds like a logical thing to do. Not his fault you turned the corner into his path of movement.

You sound a little crazy. Please read what you wrote and clarify.

Somebody was in your way and made a noise. You think this qualifies as some kind of issue that entitles you to compensation.

Really? Do you compensate the people who have to maneuver around you on the freeway because of your execrable driving?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of responsibility
  • His total lack of concern for my needs
  • At this location
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Manager Review from Southgate, Michigan

2 month's so far, scheduled for a deck quote. The guy never called or showed up up after a 3wk wait to quote! We called 3x after 2hrs late, no answers from Lowes, was given the estimators # he would not answer 4 phone calls or a voicemail. Had to schedule again days later? When he cam he "seemed verify knolidgable"but did not prepare our quote in the 2 days that he said he would. 9 phone calls and 9 "promised return calls" from 5 different ""Managers"" and no return calls? U don't want our $8,000-10,000? *** off Lowes, we are done and will never ship here again even though I have spent $80,000 in lumber and home improvement products in the last 10yrs. EAT A ***. Our $ will go else where because we were promised a price in 2 days and it has been 2 weeks and nobody at the store can ever give us an update.... CALL YOUR *** CUSTOMERS BACK ***.
Lowes Manager

Lowes - The Gentle Man

I have purchase a washer & dryer from Lowes in June 2017 recently . The delivery people from Lowes deliver for me was very bad . The machine that I got was new . They scratches during delivery & The Pedestal they deliver for the Washer was wrong item . Me and my wife call them up . They let us wait for more than 45 minutes . We went to the store for reschedule for them to check out the wrong Pedestal . They never show up . We call back they reschedule and they said they will call . They wait for me to call them and they said they did not have my appointment set up yet . THESE PEOPLE ARE BAD SERVICES . BUY FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE . BAD UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WORK THERE.
h.kitchener

Well, "uneducated people" also post complaints to this site, too given this post's English composition.

Problem with delivery

Lowes - Website lies

1.3
Ordering online for delivery WILL NOT be the next day!!! Make sure to call the store. Delivery is usually backed up a month.
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Brockport, New York - I HAVE NEVER HAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS BAD.

ORDERED ONLINE FOR A DELIVERY. AFTER A WEEK I CALLED TO SEE WHEN MY ORDER WOULD ARRIVE. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID IT WOULD TAKE A MONTH FOR MY ITEM TO COME IN. THE SITE WAS SHOWING THE STORE HAD 8 IN STOCK. I CANCELLED DELIVERY AND DECIDED TO PICK IT UP. I CALLED IN ADVANCE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I WAS ON MY WAY. I GAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE MY INFO AND SHE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE IT RIGHT OUT FOR ME. ONE HR LATER A MANAGER ASKED IF I WAS WAITING FOR SOMETHING. HE WENT TO CHECK ON THE ITEM. THIRTY MINUTES LATER HE GAVE ME THE THUMBS UP AND SAID THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON IT. 15 MINUTES LATER I LEFT WITHOUT MY ITEM. GOOD WORK BROCKPORT NY LOWES YOU SUCK!! LOOKS LIKE HOME DEPOT FROM NOW ON.

Lowes - No accountability

1.1
The website and store pointing fingers at each other for botched appliance delivery. Guaranteed 24 hour contact was late, so what does that even mean? Website chat person said my day was available, but they claim the chat person has no real authority. They tried to shoot the delivery out without my input it so I wouldn't see the $90 sale prices coming out. Then they wouldn't cancel my order and refund even though they all claimed it was cancelled. No managers would speak on the phone.