Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Worst customer service ever!!!

My refrigerator went out while I was out of town, returned home to a horrible smelling house because my fridge stop work. This is 14 months into a extended warranty contract. When I called the Sunday following this discovery, their system was down and I had to wait and additional day for the service call, they scheduled me for 2 days later. When the service men came, they told the motherboard or something went out. and it would take 12 -14 days for the part to come in and they l would let me know when it comes in; the day went by no one called me or anything. I called the next day the lady I spoke with said, " if you rent a refrigerator, we will reimburse you 25%". I got pissed and asked to speak with a manager and JoJo from corporate gets on the line and sets up a lender. Well, it took another 2 days to bring that lender. But, it only gets worst from here, once they came and set up the lender, they leave and one hour later the fridge stops working. I call and they tell me someone will get back to me before the day is over. When the delivery men call me back, they tell me I have someone's fridge that was in the store for repair. Now, they come back the following day (still another day without a refrigerator), when they come they repair the customers fridge and leave it in my house. Now it is three weeks before my fridge is repaired, so they tell me to keep the lender for two or three days and then have it picked up. Well, I call twice and the fridge was in my garage a total of 32 days before they finally picked it up. After, all this ***, now I am waiting on my $300.00 food reimbursement, I sent that in the beginning of May, they tell me, it was never processed because I didn't put prices beside the list of items I submitted (this is the list off food that was in my fridge when it stopped working). But, get this even if you don't submit everything properly no one will ever contact you and let you know, you have to finally call them and they will inform you at that time. So, guess what from April 23, 2017 to now July 11, 2017 I still do not have my reimbursement check, they will let you know it take 21- 28 day to process your claim, even after they have made you life a living ***. I will never buy anything from Lowes ever again. If you are smart get a Home Depot Charge Card and never look back. They never offer me one thing for all my inconvenience or trouble. Lowes sucks!!!!
Reagan

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

If you are smart you would know that the stores is not responsible for the service plan. The service plan is provided by an outside vendor, not Lowes.

Same thing at Home depot, the service plans are provided by outside vendors.

You should be placing the blame on the vendor, not the store. Rather than complaining about the loaner Lowes provided you should be happy that they provided it at all, bet Home Depot wouldn't have done that.

How is this Lowe's fault? They aren't responsible for the product or the warranty. They just sold the product.

View more comments (2)
Refrigerator Repair
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Rude executive associate
Full refund

Lowes review: Jan to july

If I went into full details I would be here all day and night. The first install was not done right and it wasn't until months later another person installed carpet and it's not as nice of carpet as I originally paid for. Lowes doesn't care the store won't handle it and the operations production doesn't believe me. Go elsewhere or loose time and money!
Lowes Flooring Installation

Paid for Washer, havent rec'd it- Lowes Steals customers MONEY

paid for washer 7/5, being trying to find out delivery info (time window) since 7/6. Can't get a straight answer from anyone including management. its supposed to be delivered 7/8 according to thier computer but dont know time. Never rec'd call i was supposed to get. when i called to press for info finally got asst store mgr who fessed up and said its hasnt even left for delivery and is not on the truck for today. But it might come. ARE you fricking serious im supposed to wait all day at home in hopes my washer which lowes has my $500 cash already might come today. LOWES stole my money....... i have no product or any idea when i MIGHT get product........ i have emailed corp 4 times no repsonse. i have called store numerous times and gone there 2x. I will now be going paid again to get my washer, wont leave till i know i'm following it to my house, witch btw is 2.5 miles up the road from their store. they will also pay me a days wages as they are wasting my time. Its delievering a WASHER im not asking them to create world peace. its a fricking washer HELLO doesnt get any easier people NEVER AGAIN...
Muneeb

our you just dont know the facts???? ummmm think about that!!!

maybe you should ask questions before you assume. you know that saying im sure. let me enlighten you.

i put $750 yes, i paid $500 for washer and they wasted my day telling it MIGHT come today. Meaning i had to stay home all day in hopes if would show up, as of now it hasnt'.

$250 is my daily wage. Time is $$$.. Lowes owes me my daily wage. get it now.

as far as what i wanted, i set up the delivery on 7/5 for saturday yet rec'd no call with time window. Last nite in there computer it showed it was to be delivered saturday 7/8. this morning it showed it was not to be delivered. ALL i wanted was clear answers as to when (what day, what window) i would be receiving the product I paid for.

making sense to you now.....

So basically you assumed and you were wrong. I did not expect to leave store wanting it to be on a truck headed to my house. I simply wanted answers. btw Lowes has already agreed they messed up and their trying to 1) figure out what happened 2) figure out when they can get it to me.

Im hoping by tomorrow to have an answer.

SEE ask questions and dont hide behind Anonymous.... Have a great day and thanks for your input :)

@Muneeb

Take time to read your post. By not waiting till you are in a rational state of mind to make a post it looses value.

No where do you say you had to take a day off work without pay for the delivery. You clearly state "wont leave till i know i'm following it to my house...".

Nothing to hide behind, just reading what you put in your post. My guess is if you communicated with the store and in e-mails to corporate in the same manner as your post part of the problem may be working with someone in a worked up emotional state rather than someone trying to communicate with a level head.

Your complaint clearly shows you aren't playing with a full deck. You paid $500 for the machine and are claiming a monetary loss of $750.00?

Today is 7/8, the day the washer is supposed to be delivered and you have e-mailed corporate 4 times??? Do you really think the people at corporate are there to answer your e-mails on a weekend? Your messed up sentence has me thinking you are headed to the store and aren't leaving till the washer is on a truck headed to your house.

Guess what...they load trucks with multiple deliveries and the trucks are gone for hours at a time. You may have a long wait.

Muneeb
@Anonymous

one thing i forgot to point out to you. The website is called "Pissed Consumer" .

Im gonna guess that just about all of us writing on the site are indeed Pissed and write with emotion.

in this day of terrible customer service if you don't yelp, write reviews or complain you get ran over.

Not my style. I stick up for my rights, in this case freedom of speech....

Signed --- Not playing with full deck per you.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Read the compliant tired of playing games
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Findlay, Ohio: Employee Related

5.0
I've been employed with Lowe's since 1996. After 5 years I decided to try something else but didn't work out so after 5 mo. I had been rehired and have been with them since then. Now I feel like my job is at risk for (1) not being able to sell the Extra Protection Plans or EPPs. I've sold some but evidently my rate of selling these to the customers is very low. Believe me when I say that I have offered the plan to the customers but few and far between have wanted to purchase them. I work in the proservices area so many of the customers do not want to spend their bosses money, I guess. It is very difficult to sell these plans to these contractors, etc. I've been called on the carpet for not selling them so my work area (front end) has been changed much to my disappointment. I've asked around and and there are also cashiers that haven't sold any of at all. (2) I had my cphone on me and was called out about that. Almost all of the cashiers use them while at work! even the head cashiers. If any comes back to cover that's what they get out of their vest pocket is their phone! I am not responsible for anyone but myself but at the same time I feel singled out for some reason. I've been at that store for 15 maybe 16 years. Know a lot of the workers that come in there and I know for a fact they'll not like this cashier being moved. All of this might sound petty to you whoever is reading this but I'm actually worried sick. I don't know why or understand why this is happening to me. I can't quit or leave and I am scared!!! Is there some way someone can shed a light on this situation. Thank you

no, the issure I am referring to (7July) has not been resolved. I am still at the area where they, my managers, thought I'd do best at (their perception).

I've just decided to do my best at where they scheduled me after all main thing it is a job for me. I've learned the necessary job for the lumber and proservices area but am not able to use this knowledge as far as the contractors/workers is concerned. They have scheduled cashiers to work the area and it is a way for them to learn these contractors/workers don't have the patience for the people to take the time to learn.

Although I have a set time to go in and work and I do get the weekends off which doesn't mean that much to me. I am more than grateful for the time off don't get me wrong but have things personally that I need to take care of that I can't while I'm working everyday of the week....and weekends places are closed......thanks for being there.

Lowe's Protection Plans are not for items that will be used commercially. They shouldn't even be sold to contractors.

Bertrand

our manager isn't "user friendly". many have left or has been made like they need to leave...not good morale in the workplace

View more comments (2)
Emplyment related

Lowes review: Delivery of a refrigerator and customer service at the Clint

I came in and purchase a refrigerator for next day delivery I was given a delivery date and was told as someone will call me the day before the delivery I called Clinton Maryland store to get a time or if I was still on the delivery for the next day I couldn't reach anyone in delivery so I called customer service the operator she put me on hold for 15 minutes and never came back I wish I had gotten her name but I'm looking for a job if somebody need to look into the customer service at that store because it is bad thank you

I will never do business at Lowes again. Home Depot here we come.

You delivery system is the worse. They kept telling me somebody would call the night before. Never Happened! Trying to talk to anybody about delivery get you to bounce around may different people and phone numbers.

We spent alot of money at Lowes to redo our kitchen and had nothing but problems with deliveries and your subcontractor installers. Home Depot forever.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review: Bad management

2.2
The facial board and the deck board did not install the right way also rail cut short install broken clip
Lowes Deck Board Installation
Bad quality

Terrible, Lowes puts a 72 hour installation guarenteed sign on a/c and NO follow through on advertised guarentee.

2 weeks ago went to Lowes on Pine Island Road, North Fort Myers, Fl, looked at a 10 btu window a/c, sign in lime green on top of all window a/c's said Guarenteed 72 hour installation. Spoke to sales person, and he called Manager. Manager said "take that down." We got a picture of my husband on cell phone standing next to said Guarentee. Sales person said I will have Manager call you on Monday, NO CALL. Following Saturday went to same Lowes to confront Sales person, who was not on. Same lime green sign on top of all window a/c's once again. Bought 10 btu window a/c, set up and paid for 72 hour guarenteed installation. Told we would be called on Monday. NO CALL. On Tuesday 4th of July received a phone call that the installer was on vacation, and it would be the 19th of July to get installed. Called today, and was told Lowes can't help that the installer is on vacation. (They only have one) and continue to keep a sign up saying within 72 hours. Someone dropped the ball with NO follow thru !

Yeah this is BS. Contact your state attorney general's office and report this to them.

Lowes Air Conditioner Installation
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • False advertising
  • Do not seem to know what is going on or care
Let the company propose a solution
We purchased a new dishwasher and refrigerator from Lowe's almost a year ago. We also purchased extended warranties on each. I have no complaints with the products themselves as have had no issues. My complaint is with the reimbursement of covered maintenance items. On...

I had a great experience - called and received an email for the reimbursement service request and then sent in the completed form and register receipt. Two weeks later I had my 50% reimbursement.

View more comments
Product
Lowes Refrigerator Warranty

Lowes - A Return Review

Was waiting to do a return and there was one persone working behind customer service no mamagers to be found a line that was extremely long that store just lost a customer

Stores are in the business of SELLING products, not taking them back. It makes sense that if either a check out line or a return line is going to be long that it would be the return line. If you want to avoid long return lines in the future make sure the product you are buying is something you need.

Order processing issue

Lowes review: Free Standing Deck installed

3.2

Update by user Jul 31, 2017

It's been a month now since our deck was finished. I've tried many times to contact someone from Lowe's to call me and come out to see the results of our finished deck.

Stopped in to talk to someone higher up the ladder than the serviceman that took our order for the deck. He was very nice and understanding and said our complaint has gone up to corporate level and he would contact another man higher than him who would call us. A week went by and no one called. We went back to Lowe's and he said he would contact corporate again and remind them.

Still no phone call. We have deck boards that is getting worse everyday. There are splinters and knot holes everywhere. Space between boards are getting wider everyday and it's only been a month since deck was built.

Most of the boards are cupping and holding water. Should have been installed bark side up, but most are installed bark side down. the birds are taking a bath on our deck. Never get Lowe's to install anything.

They will tell you anything just to appease you, and nothing gets resolved. READ your contract before you sign.

Update by user Jul 05, 2017

I would like someone from Corporate to call me so I can tell them exactly what all happened when Lowes Specialist came back with their contractor to make a few changes that I complained about. If you could send someone to my house, I would SHOW you what all they messed up on, and the shoddy work that was done.

We went to the Lowes in Somerset, PA on North Center Avenue. They did not resolve any of my problems. Please call my home phone 814-703-8160.

You need to actually see what I'm complaining about. Thank you.

Original review posted by user Jul 04, 2017

We ordered a free standing deck from Lowes. They sent a Project Specialist for Exteriors to our home to measure and tell us what it would cost to install. He went through all the different wood materials we could get and asked what we wanted. We told him we wanted GOOD quality lumber and a beautiful job. We did not quible with the price, we paid in full, in advance what he asked for. We ended up getting very poor grade material delivered, full of knots, falling out and we received poor quality work with BIG mistakes made. We called them and complained, they came out and made some minor adjustments that I'm not sadisyfied with. They made us pay for large pieces of material that were partially used and scrapped the rest. I feel that I've been mistreated in all ways.

This complaint has been satisfied.

Lowes Deck Installation