Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Bad service, lies about delivery, uncaring employees and managers

Worst customer service, constant delay, incorrect information, no consistence schedule for personal, no access to area experts. Started with failure to deliver tile on time by a few days, moved to failure to measure two doors on the order only measured one, one-and-a-half-week delay, to a month delay past what initially told to get a garage door. Never being able to get ahold of anyone in any department when needed, hung up on two or three times each call in about 15 different times of trying to call. Must follow up on everything, no preemptive notification, uncaring managers. I will never shop at Lowe's again. If it was no too late to do so I would cancel the doors and order them else where.
philMcCrackin

Did ya'll hear about lowes new business model ? well what little customer service they do have is now getting farmed out to a call center so you can't complain to a store manager .

not only that but they are taking all the local contractor jobs floors , heating and air ,door installs and giving the installs to a company out of state !

that will be great service . on top of that all the deliveries will also be farmed out leaving no one accountable for damages to the product or home .

NEVER by an installed product from a big box store. The do not have their own installers.

All the work is subcontracted. Buy directly from an installing dealer. That way you are talking directly to the people doing your work rather than someone that will have to call another company to see what's up with your project. You also increase your cost when you buy an installed project at a big box store.

The big box store marks up the price the installers charge to cover the time and expense of working between you and the installer. The choice is yours, save money and get better service dealing directly with an installing dealer or put a big box store in the middle and add to your hassles and pay more.

Lowes in Columbus, Georgia - Special Ordering

2.0
We went into the stood and ordered a door online by using a sales rep at the store, we paid for the door at the cast register up front and went home. 10 days later we had not received a phone call letting us know when the door would be in so we called Lowes. They told us that they didn't see where the door had even been ordered (even though we paid for it) and that if we email them the receipt from purchasing the door they would reordered it. Instead of emailing it we drove back to Lowes (30 min one way) and spoke with a sales rep and a manager and they ordered the door again for us and set up a delivery date this time to have it delivered to the house. On the day that the door was suppose to be delivered (2 weeks after ordering it), we called Lowes to find out what time the door would be delivered and they told us that they did not see where the door had been ordered and that they would try to locate the door and let us know. This is beyond ridiculous!

Product
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes - Pressure Washing Machine Review

3.0
New pressure washers. Briggs Stratton motor. I purchased extended warranty so took it back when it wouldn't start after just one yr. They told me it was the gas. Same gas in several other briggs motors running for years. Not honoring this warranty makes it easy to know where i spend my money from now on. Only buy at lowes when i HAVE to. They also gave me credit limit 700. Home Depot gave 5,000.

when did lowe's start making briggs & stratton engines? Why would they be responsible for it?

You start your post saying new pressure washers but then said it wouldn't start after a year. If you let gas sit in it over the winter and then it wouldn't start in the spring the gas is more than likely the problem.

The ethanol in gas will absorb water over time and won't burn properly. Go out and buy some fresh gas (without ethanol if available in your area) drain the old gas (don't forget the carb) and fill it with fresh gas. Bet it will start for you.

What does your credit limit have to do with anything. If you are running around opening accounts and opened a Lowes account last their credit company looked at all the accounts you had open and was cautious in what they allowed you to charge.

Poor customer service

Lowes - Lies misscommunication and could care less about vets and service

Decesed husband was 20 year sercice conneced vet...am 9 plus yr service connected vet...since 1991 have spent more than 100k with lowes...moved to ga 2yrs ago renters trashed my home in salisbury,nc more than 50k have been using lowes for materials for repairs...major misscommuncations with carmen white, less or wess. and David assistant store manager..Jerry project supervisor and installer Steve...so very unprofessional. My contractor who is vet agrees...lack of professionalism is underwhelming...will pay off account and never deal with them again. Cant get store manager to return my calls...Have lived and worked here as professional with almost doctorate since 1991...if i ran my business this way would be bankrupt...no respect for veterans...lip service only. Cant deal with assertive women..installer shared internal dynamics of internal organizational malfunctions including mismanagement and lack of communications. Please share with all other veterans, vet contractors and vet widows...lowes no longer cares about us or making it right.

OP:

Why should vets get special treatment from any business?

What about firefighters, teachers, anyone in the medical profession and so on?

Why not just provide the best prices to every customer instead?

I didn't think anyone gave discounts to veterinarians.

What is your complaint about? Just a bunch of rambling about being a vet. Am I to guess that this is just another vet that thinks they deserve special pricing and aren't getting the store to bend over backwards for you.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - BOUGHT NEW LAWN MOWER that WAS NOT NEW
I bought a riding lwan mower yesterday at LOWES in Tullahoma ( 37388) and THOUGHT I was buying a NEW mower and when I get it home,it won`t even start so I can get it off my trailer and then I go to my instrutions ( papers etc ) and they are soaking wet and I find that I BOUGHT A 2016 instead of a 2017. I TOOK PHOTOS OF ALL THIS & am going to post everything on Social Media if I don`t get some satisfaction. EVERYBODY was real great while I was looking at mowers & also when buying it but as soon as I leave and call back about the mower not even starting,IT WAS ALL DIFFERENT!! I have had to charge it everytime i cut it off to get it to start again. IS THIS REALLY THE WAY LOWES DOES BUSINESS ??? I have ALWAYS loved Lowes but they sure left a BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH YESTERDAY The pges of instructions were stuck together etc etc I PAID FOR A 2017, NOT A 2016 !! ( and maybe even a USED one at that) PLEASE "HELP" jdphoto`@lighttube.net

I don't know that I have ever seen the model year posted on yard equipment. Just because you bought it in 2017 doesn't mean it wasn't made last year. Not like it's a car where the model year makes a difference for trade in value.

You complained on here...have you tried to...I don't know...talk to the store? Calmly?

@philMcCrackin

I'm a store manager at Lowes and none of that is true. All hear say.

View more comments (3)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category

1.1
15 employees walk around look in the sky nobody to help took 15 minutes to get someone to electrical took a half hour to get bathtub and insert to be brought to loading dock

Why would anyone believe your post? Your first sentence tells everyone that you are greatly exaggerating.

We all know that anyone walking into a Lowes store isn't going to encounter 15 employees, especially 15 employees walking around looking in the sky. You may have seen 3 or 4 which cuts your 15 minute wait to 3 or 4 minutes and you half hour wait to have a tub taken from stock and brought to the dock to 6-8 minutes that most people would find reasonable.

Keep in mind, you are't shopping at an ACE hardware store where someone greets you at the door and takes you to what you are looking for, but you aren't paying ACE prices either. If you want to be waited on hand and foot, go to a full service store where you pay a little more to cover the extra staff.

Lowes in Lowes, Kentucky - Installer Point of View

We are installers for 6 Lowe's Stores. Simple and to the Point. You want to get a full refund on a fence built by Lowe's-Complain to the installed sales office. Problem with that is 90% of the time it is not the Installers fault. It is because once you buy that fence, the installed sales office contacts an outside Sub-contractor to do the install. Lowe's provides the building materials but barely provides the poor installer with the basics of the build. Then when something is not right-they point the finger at the installer-installer erro. They then give you your refund and bill the installer for the refund. Lowe's does not lose a dime. Everything-not matter what is placed on Installer Error and the installer is the one paying you for the refund that you get for Lowe's. As installers that are Honorable, we what consumers to know how Lowe's operates business when it comes to installed sales services provided by Lowe's. Lowe's is not doing the install-subcontractors are and in the end Lowe's does not pay for the refund the installers do.

I wouldn't pay for you not knowing how to screw a panel to a post either.

Warranty issue

Lowes - Zero assistance

1.3
I prepaid for fencing materials that was $300. I was told somebody would assist in dropping the product and after an hour and multiple times standing in line to get somebody to come nobody would assist. Finally went to customer service and got my money back and I will be going to Home Depot from now on for everything.

Lowes - You're a waling dollar $ sign

Take your business elsewhere and pay more if you have to so you will not end up dealing with the nightmare Lowe's will put you through AFTER they get your money. I am now watchful of any company that has a long contract about not being sued and going to arbitration. If a company has to do that and wants you to sign it AFTER they get your money...they don't care about you and customer service. It's ALL ABOUT THEM. If you want doors, find a door company. If you want flooring, go to a flooring company. A one stop shop is nice until they *** over!

Why don't you tell us about the problems you had rather than ranting on and on?

Poor customer service

Lowes - Roof purchased in 2015 the roof STILL LEAKS!!!

Lowe's has given me the run around since 2015. Paid for new flashing, was told there was new flashing installed for almost a year. Then the installer tells the regional director of installations that; "The step flashing up the sides of the lower roof were cleaned off and reused, just as we always do". Now Lowe's insurance company wants to pay $1100 to reinstall flashing which will void the manufacturer warranty. Repeated calls, emails and follow ups with Lowe's insurance company go unanswered, its appears ignored. I have been given the runaround for two years, the roof still leaks, They can not get a report from another roofer that Lowe's has sent out stating in order to properly correct the mistakes you would need a NEW ROOF installed.

Lowe's Has Damaged my roof, cracked my front walk, covered my car in stones, and caused water damage in my home from roof leaks and has even failed city inspections and I currently have an open permit on my home. I signed my first contract with them on august 2, 2017 it is now march 21st 2018.

I paid Lowes in full and there subcontractor placed a lien on my home because lowe's did not pay them because of there failure to install the roof in a good workmanlike manner. The subcontractor exaggerated the lien a committed a 3rd degree felony. (And all of that just scratches the surface).

I have been on News Channel 9 wftv/ abc. (https://www.wftv.com/news/action-9/action-9-investigates-home-improvement-chain-contractor-complaints/695471946) This company is hurting hundreds if not thousands of people they need to be stopped and held accountable

tmurta

Its a shame that you have to be put through this, i always thought Lowes was a reputable company and would stand behind their services. I guess not.

Review
Cons
  • Did not stand behind the services
Damaged or defective