Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Lowe's Won't Honor their Online Prices

I placed an order for 3 patio chairs at a sale price. My order went through and got a confirmation email. I checked on the status of my order later that day only to see that my order was canceled. The chairs are still in stock, but the price has gone up considerably. I have contacted Lowe's through Facebook and email. I can't get anybody to talk to me like an actual person. Just a dumb form letter telling me the order was canceled due to "incorrect pricing". Most stores honor "incorrect pricing". Lowe's isn't even trying to make it right. I'm very disappointed. They have lost a customer.
Product
Chair
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Paint Dept a Jokeasked for just a quart

My wife visited the Lowe's in Alabaster the morning of June 2, 2017 to get a quart of paint to be used over some repairs made on the exterior of our house until we can re-paint the entire house later this year. She took in the paint can we purchased a few years ago to match as close as possible. The associate made a gallon when my wife clearly asked for just a quart. It was then communicated by the associate that a quart could not be made because Lowes did not have the base, huh? Instead of discounting the gallon, my wife left went to Home Depot and got the quart required. This was our last attempt to do business with Lowes and I can assure you that neither my wife nor myself will ever walk thru a Lowes door again.

shop at Home Depot a few times and you'll come up with a dispute about something there too

If the are out of the quart size, the are out of the quart size. Have you ever gone into a store to buy a shirt or pair of pants and they were out of your size?

Bet you wouldn't be stomping your feet and swearing you wouldn't be back.

Grow up and realize any store may be out of a product on any given day. Bet the difference in price between a quart and a gallon was only a few bucks....was her gas and time worth going elsewhere?

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Never get any fences installed from Lowes

1.3
My pain started with Lowes last year in May. As usual the sales person was ready to get me signed of on the fence project as soon as possible which I signed in early May. They started billing me from May for the whole project (parts and installation) as they convinced me to buy the Lowed Credit card which offered financing. The parts was delivered in about 3-4 weeks and then I had to wait another couple of weeks like mid July to start the install. The contractors who Lowes hired were so unprofessional and unexperienced to get this job done right the first time and they did not put the fence on the right property line and had to restart again. Now the panels were not poured enough concrete (see pics). Even after showing them the location of the underground sprinklers, they punctured the pipes and now they were focusing on fixing the pipes. Finally, they managed complete the install (which looks wobbly and unstable now instead of a straight line) by September and during all this time I had fence parts, screws, nails on my driveway. Not to mentioned they mixed concrete on my freshly seal coated driveway which now has concrete on it (see pics). Now for the best part, the sales guy told me the fence is supposed to be warranted for lifetime and can withstand Hurricane Katrina winds. Fortunately (unfortunately for Lowes) for me we had a winter with heavy winds (and these are not Hurricane force winds) and 2 of the panels broke and needs replacement and there are gaps between the panels which defeats the purpose of an opaque fence. Fortunately for me I was under the one year of Labor warranty so I was eligible to get this replaced at no cost. I called them in March to get this done and its now June and nothing has been done so far inspite of calling every other week with an assurance someone will get back and till now no ETA for getting it fixed. And now I am told those fences are out of production and will need to wait more to see what they can do. Why would you put fences that would go out of production in less than a years time? I have paid close to 7K thinking that Lowes is a bigger company and will stand behind their work and product instead of getting this done by a local contractor whose estimate was close. Will be taking this matter to social media, BBB and local AG Office for the way I have been taken for granted as its been very frustrating. I am sorry if this post is too long but wanted to save people their hard-earned money than going to these unprofessional to get any of home projects done by Lowes. So the lesson learnt it DONT EVER TRUST LOWES WITH YOUR HOME PROJECTS AS THEY DONT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK !!!!

inspite -- despite

"to get me signed of" -- get me to sign off

Lowes Fence Installation
Loss
Price reduction
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Returns

4.2
Lowes - Returns
I am very displeased with your return policy you hold here in Las Cruces, NM. My Husband and I are doing major addition to our home and purchase several items cash at your store and tried to return some materials that we didn't use and was denied the return. Though we weren't asking for cash I would of loved for the money to stay in the store because as I said we are doing major additions. But store credit wasn't even an option. This happen 5/31/17 and was told to call the number at the bottom of the receipt to ask why did so no response. I've used Lowes several times for any project. That is quite often due to that I'm a stay a home mother with a lot of creativity. But in the end I am very disappointed I had to take my business else to Home Depot today on 06/01/2017 and purchased $ 3,721.37 CASH in material needed for the additions taking place. When I would of have rathered went to Lowes who I've always used and trusted. I'm reaching out to get this matter resolved if you would like to keep me as a faithful customer. Thank You and have a great day. Monique Bencomo

i work at lowes and when it says valid recipit required it means you have done too many non recipit returns and it has blocked you out of our system to give you an instore credit without a recipit

You get declined after so many returns without a receipt. It's part of the security system.

Home Depot works the same way. I know this because I have worked at both.

Lowes has their MyLowes card which works like any other card for any other store. It's free and stores your receipts for you. If you use it (or save under your phone number) they will always be able to make the return.

Don't know what the Home Depot receipt has to do with anything. It looks like the Lowes receipt is for the return you tried to make.

Each line says valid receipt required for refund.

It appears you didn't have the receipt for the products you were trying to return. Bring the products back with your receipt if you want a refund.

was it past the return date limit---thats my bet since that info was left out

You leave out some important information in your complaint. Did you have a receipt?

If not, Lowes isn't the only store that won't accept returns without a receipt. Was the product special ordered for you? If the product isn't stocked in the store they don't have shelf space for it and don't want it back.

Read the order form if it was a special order. There's always a reason stores won't accept a return...why didn't you include their reason in the complaint.

I wonder why too

View more comments (6)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes Home Improvement Store and Advise on Voting for Senator Graham in South Carolina

Lowes is not a supporter of veterans. I contacted Senator Graham of South Carolina but he is not a Trump, veteran, or consumer caring person. I suggest you leave Lowes for Home Depot or anyone one else. You may want to think who we need to vote for in SC when the next election comes around. I think Mr. Graham is bought and paid for by big companies, we need a Trump like person to run in SC. That may just happen next time for Mr. Graham. Lowes can be another Sears or KMART in a few years as it is going now, a has-been. My advise treat people the way you want to be treated, not like Lowes or Mr. Graham! God Bless America (A Retired Veteran/with a Blue Retired Card). Thomas Matheson Retired Master Sergeant

For all of you know-it-all's Home Depot and Lowes both give veteran's discount. And President Trump does not own either way of them ..he is not tobe blame fI r your ignorance

Why do you believe Lowes doesn't support vets? Are you just another vet that thinks their enlistment or discharge papers said you were entitled to a discount at retail stores? Just because a retail store doesn't offer a discount doesn't mean that they don't appreciate vets.

FYI, Home depot doesn't offer a veterans discount anymore either. In fact you can read all about it in the Home Depot section of this site.

ransom

You realize don't you that Trump is a draft dodger and cares for no one except zillionaires.

@ransom

and people who actually work for a living.

ransom
@Anonymous

That's pretty funny, he couldn't care less about the working class. Just watch.

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • You have my complaint on file
Reason of review
Treatment of Veterans, Complained already received Confirmation # of 1-12547335421, no one ever called. You have my Phone #. Through with Lowes.
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - No answer to phone inquirey

I called the niles & Benton Harbor store about a paint question, was put in hold for over 8 minutes at both stores , the paint department never answered

Lowes in Camden, Delaware - BAD Price Blinds installation

3.0
The blinds we ordered from Lowes were find. Two years ago your installer, Mr. Wilson, did a great job installing blinds on 13 windows. After adding a 20 x 20 foot addition we went back to purchase blinds for another 8 windows. The blinds were fine and we had them for 6 weeks (after waiting for 6 weeks, 4 to get Price to measure and 2 weeks for delivery). Price did put them in without problem but their arrogance in arranging the installation was unreal. I will never purchase blinds from Lowes again. I will never deal with Price Blinds for any reason and will resist any installed produce from Lowes. Larry Dougherty Sr. Camden Delaware

"arrogance" is a conclusion

what exactly was said to lead you to this conclusion?

Lowes Blinds Installation

Lowes Fail!

As a veteran, I have used Lowes for many home improvement projects as my age is catching up with me. Recently, I had the experience of a lifetime and thought I might pass it along to you. This started with a trip to my Lowes on Banks Ford Rd in Stafford, VA whereby I was looking to get a floor of my home carpeted. After visiting the department in the store and waiting about 10 minutes, I used the call button to summon help. After about 5 mins listening to “Special assistance in the Flooring Department…”, I walked over the turned off the vocal alert myself. A person in a red smock finally showed up and I asked him if I could get an estimate on carpeting…he replied in broken English that he was only a stocker and could not help me. He further explained that the person working the area was on break (this is at 9AM in the morning). I decided to take a seat and wait another 15 minutes after which I walked up to customer service and ask for assistance. A brief search was conducted for the “person” who, by all accounts, was clocked into the store, but not in the store. Not sure what happened after that as I left…never to return. I made my way to the Central Park Store, located in Fredericksburg, VA. This time I was greeted by a man in the flooring department who said he couldn’t assist me with the carpeting but would get the person who could. After calling around the store, a person named “Theresa” (I think) was identified and called to the department. About 10 minutes later, I was told this person was in a meeting and couldn’t assist me for at least 20 minutes. I immediately left the store…you guessed it…never to return. For the morning efforts, I managed to waste 3 hours and still had no clue how to proceed in obtaining the carpet I needed. After 10 years of boycotting one of Lowes competitor stores, I decided it was time to check them out. My estimate was in my hand and an appointment for measurements for the following Monday within 10 mins. I guess Home Depot might get my business from now on. (See hew complaint on Home Depot) Oh, one more issue. Lowe's policy about Military Discounts. Making us get a “My Lowes” card and making sure we get the appropriate discount recorded on our “My Lowes” account in order to receive our “Military discount”. One would assume you no longer want our Nation’s veterans to produce their hard earned Retired card, that most worked their tails off for, to show it in line at any Lowes store in the future. In my mind, if you feel this way, it is just another way of hiding the fact that you do give discounts to people. For that reason, effective immediately, I will be boycotting your establishment and encouraging my peers to do the same. I have already gotten negative messages from my peers and your stores are about to lose their patronage. Please don’t hide behind “procedure” for this offering, no one is buying it!
Buddy1000

Yeah, they are always in meetings. Not sure what those meetings are about.

Probably how to make more sales, while customers walk out.

And people complain about gov employees. They are much more responsive than too big to fail bots.

#1341932

Actually there new veteran policy is something that is helping. It used to be that they only accepted the VA cards only, they couldn't accept any license that said ID, couldn't accept DD214s.

Just VA cards. With their new method, Veterans, Active Members, and Reservists are now capable of getting the discount.

I actually find it very useful. But, each state has its own I guess, I've never had an issue with the Lowe's in my home town.

Typical entitled attitude. You were not conscripted or forced into service it's a choice you made.

Do not expect any of those in the real world to feel we owe you something because of your career choice. Everyone must work for everything we buy, discounts are a nice to have not a given.

An honorable vet would appreciate stores that offer them a discount and wouldn't cry and complain if they weren't offered one or didn't like the way a discount was offered. It's too bad that the only group of people you see complaining about discounts seems to be vets. There are a lot of other people out there that are deserving of discount as well but you don't see them complaining.

Buddy1000
@Anonymous

And they get a lot of mileage out of being so - called vet friendly. What they really want is personal information and it's fair to question somebody who advertises discounts to draw in unsuspecting identity victims.

When somebody employed by the store opens a bank account in your name they'll give you a free year of lifelock. Thanks.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Costumer services
No store representation
Loss
Preferred solution
Stop selling products you don't intend to sell...

Lowes - Impossible to buy building materials

I called three times to order building materials to be delivered. All three times I would get transferred to building and it would ring about ten times and the the line would basically go dead. I decided I would just go in person to do the order. There was no one at the building materials desk so i got in line and told the cashier that I would like to order building materials for delivery. She said to wait back at the desk and called over the intercom asking for assistance in building materials. This happened three more times. After 10-15 min. The cashier told me a manager would be right over to take the order. I waited five more minuets. Then decided to leave. But then I decided that I would let the store manager know why I was leaving without giving them my business. I went to customer service and waited about 5 min to talk to someone. I explained that I would like to speak to a manager and they said hold on and called someone. After about ten minuets the costumer service person called someone again and looked a me and asked what the problem was. I explained and they reapeted it to the mystery person on the phone. Then she called someone else and got off and told me Jay would come to help me. Jay was the same person they were calling earlier that never came so I said I would like a manager and not Jay. She said the manager was on the phone and could not come to the desk. Just jay. That's when I left and went a further distance to Home Depot. Waited there for two min. For them to finish taking and order. Then ordered my materials and the delivery for the date I wanted and paid all in about 5 minuets. Do yourself a favor and skip Lowes. It's hard to believe how badly managed the lowes Catskill is.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer no service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Knoxville, Tennessee - Terrible customer service!

Several instances of totally being ignored after asking for assistance . I was in the chain link fence dept, asked for help once, no help came. Asked again, was told manager is already headed your way. Never came. This is by no means the only time I've had trouble getting help here. I've spent many dollars in this particular store in Ft. Oglethorpe Ga, but NO MORE! Tired of overlooking bad service. The competition is only 200 yes away.