Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review: Water rip-off

I returned two 5-gallon bottles and purchased two full 5-gallon water bottles, however, the price charged was the same had I not returned the bottles. I should have been more suspicious when there was a note saying they no longer used the coupons to show the bottles were returned. I questioned customer service and they said just tell the cashier how many bottles were returned. They "trust" you since you do not get your deposit back. Never go Lowes for bottled water. It would be cheaper to have it delivered.
Poor customer service

Lowes review: My floor is ripping apart

Lowes review - My floor is ripping apart
My floor is ripped apart even tho I asked about the durability due to being paralized and in a electric wheelchair. And was verbally told and guaranteed it would be fine. Well Im out 1800.00 and no more money to replace it. And my home looks horrible!! I only uploaded 2 pics in one room. There are several more in the remaining 2 rooms!!

Watch Judge Judy. If the guarantee isn't within the 4 corners of the document you agreed to it's not valid in court. Salespeople can tell you anything the want to make a sale but you need to make sure you get guarantees in writing.

Vinyl Flooring
Bad quality

Lowes review: Bad service, lies about delivery, uncaring employees and managers

Worst customer service, constant delay, incorrect information, no consistence schedule for personal, no access to area experts. Started with failure to deliver tile on time by a few days, moved to failure to measure two doors on the order only measured one, one-and-a-half-week delay, to a month delay past what initially told to get a garage door. Never being able to get ahold of anyone in any department when needed, hung up on two or three times each call in about 15 different times of trying to call. Must follow up on everything, no preemptive notification, uncaring managers. I will never shop at Lowe's again. If it was no too late to do so I would cancel the doors and order them else where.
Catlyn

Did ya'll hear about lowes new business model ? well what little customer service they do have is now getting farmed out to a call center so you can't complain to a store manager .

not only that but they are taking all the local contractor jobs floors , heating and air ,door installs and giving the installs to a company out of state !

that will be great service . on top of that all the deliveries will also be farmed out leaving no one accountable for damages to the product or home .

NEVER by an installed product from a big box store. The do not have their own installers.

All the work is subcontracted. Buy directly from an installing dealer. That way you are talking directly to the people doing your work rather than someone that will have to call another company to see what's up with your project. You also increase your cost when you buy an installed project at a big box store.

The big box store marks up the price the installers charge to cover the time and expense of working between you and the installer. The choice is yours, save money and get better service dealing directly with an installing dealer or put a big box store in the middle and add to your hassles and pay more.

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes review in Columbus, Georgia: Special Ordering

2.0
We went into the stood and ordered a door online by using a sales rep at the store, we paid for the door at the cast register up front and went home. 10 days later we had not received a phone call letting us know when the door would be in so we called Lowes. They told us that they didn't see where the door had even been ordered (even though we paid for it) and that if we email them the receipt from purchasing the door they would reordered it. Instead of emailing it we drove back to Lowes (30 min one way) and spoke with a sales rep and a manager and they ordered the door again for us and set up a delivery date this time to have it delivered to the house. On the day that the door was suppose to be delivered (2 weeks after ordering it), we called Lowes to find out what time the door would be delivered and they told us that they did not see where the door had been ordered and that they would try to locate the door and let us know. This is beyond ridiculous!

Door
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes - Pressure Washing Machine Review

3.0
New pressure washers. Briggs Stratton motor. I purchased extended warranty so took it back when it wouldn't start after just one yr. They told me it was the gas. Same gas in several other briggs motors running for years. Not honoring this warranty makes it easy to know where i spend my money from now on. Only buy at lowes when i HAVE to. They also gave me credit limit 700. Home Depot gave 5,000.

when did lowe's start making briggs & stratton engines? Why would they be responsible for it?

You start your post saying new pressure washers but then said it wouldn't start after a year. If you let gas sit in it over the winter and then it wouldn't start in the spring the gas is more than likely the problem.

The ethanol in gas will absorb water over time and won't burn properly. Go out and buy some fresh gas (without ethanol if available in your area) drain the old gas (don't forget the carb) and fill it with fresh gas. Bet it will start for you.

What does your credit limit have to do with anything. If you are running around opening accounts and opened a Lowes account last their credit company looked at all the accounts you had open and was cautious in what they allowed you to charge.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Lies misscommunication and could care less about vets and service

Decesed husband was 20 year sercice conneced vet...am 9 plus yr service connected vet...since 1991 have spent more than 100k with lowes...moved to ga 2yrs ago renters trashed my home in salisbury,nc more than 50k have been using lowes for materials for repairs...major misscommuncations with carmen white, less or wess. and David assistant store manager..Jerry project supervisor and installer Steve...so very unprofessional. My contractor who is vet agrees...lack of professionalism is underwhelming...will pay off account and never deal with them again. Cant get store manager to return my calls...Have lived and worked here as professional with almost doctorate since 1991...if i ran my business this way would be bankrupt...no respect for veterans...lip service only. Cant deal with assertive women..installer shared internal dynamics of internal organizational malfunctions including mismanagement and lack of communications. Please share with all other veterans, vet contractors and vet widows...lowes no longer cares about us or making it right.

OP:

Why should vets get special treatment from any business?

What about firefighters, teachers, anyone in the medical profession and so on?

Why not just provide the best prices to every customer instead?

I didn't think anyone gave discounts to veterinarians.

What is your complaint about? Just a bunch of rambling about being a vet. Am I to guess that this is just another vet that thinks they deserve special pricing and aren't getting the store to bend over backwards for you.

View more comments (2)

Lowes review: BOUGHT NEW LAWN MOWER that WAS NOT NEW

Lowes review - BOUGHT NEW LAWN MOWER that WAS NOT NEW
I bought a riding lwan mower yesterday at LOWES in Tullahoma ( 37388) and THOUGHT I was buying a NEW mower and when I get it home,it won`t even start so I can get it off my trailer and then I go to my instrutions ( papers etc ) and they are soaking wet and I find that I BOUGHT A 2016 instead of a 2017. I TOOK PHOTOS OF ALL THIS & am going to post everything on Social Media if I don`t get some satisfaction. EVERYBODY was real great while I was looking at mowers & also when buying it but as soon as I leave and call back about the mower not even starting,IT WAS ALL DIFFERENT!! I have had to charge it everytime i cut it off to get it to start again. IS THIS REALLY THE WAY LOWES DOES BUSINESS ??? I have ALWAYS loved Lowes but they sure left a BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH YESTERDAY The pges of instructions were stuck together etc etc I PAID FOR A 2017, NOT A 2016 !! ( and maybe even a USED one at that) PLEASE "HELP" jdphoto`@lighttube.net

I don't know that I have ever seen the model year posted on yard equipment. Just because you bought it in 2017 doesn't mean it wasn't made last year. Not like it's a car where the model year makes a difference for trade in value.

You complained on here...have you tried to...I don't know...talk to the store? Calmly?

@Catlyn

I'm a store manager at Lowes and none of that is true. All hear say.

View more comments (3)
Husqvarna Lawn Mower
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category

1.1
15 employees walk around look in the sky nobody to help took 15 minutes to get someone to electrical took a half hour to get bathtub and insert to be brought to loading dock

Why would anyone believe your post? Your first sentence tells everyone that you are greatly exaggerating.

We all know that anyone walking into a Lowes store isn't going to encounter 15 employees, especially 15 employees walking around looking in the sky. You may have seen 3 or 4 which cuts your 15 minute wait to 3 or 4 minutes and you half hour wait to have a tub taken from stock and brought to the dock to 6-8 minutes that most people would find reasonable.

Keep in mind, you are't shopping at an ACE hardware store where someone greets you at the door and takes you to what you are looking for, but you aren't paying ACE prices either. If you want to be waited on hand and foot, go to a full service store where you pay a little more to cover the extra staff.

Lowes review in Lowes, Kentucky: Installer Point of View

We are installers for 6 Lowe's Stores. Simple and to the Point. You want to get a full refund on a fence built by Lowe's-Complain to the installed sales office. Problem with that is 90% of the time it is not the Installers fault. It is because once you buy that fence, the installed sales office contacts an outside Sub-contractor to do the install. Lowe's provides the building materials but barely provides the poor installer with the basics of the build. Then when something is not right-they point the finger at the installer-installer erro. They then give you your refund and bill the installer for the refund. Lowe's does not lose a dime. Everything-not matter what is placed on Installer Error and the installer is the one paying you for the refund that you get for Lowe's. As installers that are Honorable, we what consumers to know how Lowe's operates business when it comes to installed sales services provided by Lowe's. Lowe's is not doing the install-subcontractors are and in the end Lowe's does not pay for the refund the installers do.

I wouldn't pay for you not knowing how to screw a panel to a post either.

Warranty issue
Loss

Lowes review: Zero assistance

1.3
I prepaid for fencing materials that was $300. I was told somebody would assist in dropping the product and after an hour and multiple times standing in line to get somebody to come nobody would assist. Finally went to customer service and got my money back and I will be going to Home Depot from now on for everything.
Service