Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Do not hire lowes

1.5
The reason I gave Lowes my fence business is because they install carpet for an apartment complex that I own. I never had a problem with the carpet contractors. So I hired Lowes for a fence install. They sent a contractor (Hollywood fence). in short they did a horrible job. I would never hire either company again. after waiting for 3 months for the installation. Part of the fence fell down. I then waited another 2 months for the reinstall. The fence is now reinstalled uneven and looks terrible. I will fix it myself at that point. if you choose to hire them, at least you've been warned. When you call the store they hand you over to the corporate office somewhere in North Carolina. No one from Lowes would come out to see the work. What a nightmare.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Thier customer service and contractor
Bad quality
Tags
  • Fence Install

Lowes in Lumberton, North Carolina - The Worst Customer Service

I purchased a French door from Lowes on 11/16 and initially I let them know I was dissatisfied with the door and how it looked and it also leaks. When the installer came back out he even stated the door was warped and uneven. Four other installers came out, FOUR! They also said the door was warped and there wasn't anything they could so the job was left unconstitutional and Lowes blames us and will not do anything to help us solve the problem. I'm frustrated because I have been a loyal customer with Lowes for years and the top lock doesn't even lock completely. Corporate hasn't even attempted to help. I have tried to upload photos on here but it isn't working.
Door
Damaged or defective

Lowes - 10 X 12 Shed Review

Ordered a 10 x 12 shed online for $99.00 off lowes.com. Several days later when i emailed customer care to find out why i had not received a ready for pick up email they said my local store had cacelled the order. I asked why and they said that store no longer carried the item and it was now a special order, but of course the website said it was in stock at my store. They did offer to reorder it and give a 10 percent discount if i wanted to pay $499.00 for it. They advertised a price, i ordered it and they come up with a lie for their reason as to why it was cancelled, great buisness ethic...
Order processing issue

Lowes - Online Ordering does not work!

Over the last year, the Lowes web site does not allow me to order ANYTHING. I can find what I want and it says it is available to pick up in store, which is what I want to do. When I get to the checkout of the items, and use my LOWEs card or any other credit card, I get an ERROR that says it cannot be processed. I have contacted the local store and the web site personnel, who say, it's JUST A PASSING thing, and it'll work next week. Ha Ha, very funny, it hasn't worked in over a year. I go to HOME DEPOT now for online orders, because it works. The idea of using the online order to pickup instore is so that you don't have to walk around searching for the items that you want to get. Unfortunately, LOWEs has lost a very good ONLINE customter.

Marc h 10, 2018 Same problem, still down

Lowes Website
Cons
  • Online ordering does not work
Order processing issue
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes - Dishwasher Installation Review

Absolutely awful experience with installer and Matt the manager. Andrew was supposed to show up on Tuesday but callled the Sunday before to ask if they could come then. Okay so wasted a Sunday because they never showed. Then explained they may not show up at the designated time Tuesday cause that appointment was gone. Anyways not knowing they callled Tuesday morning saying they were coming. Andrew shows up Tuesday as plannned and explains he didn't show up Sunday cause we purchased a display model. Only problem was we didn't purchase a display. So I call Lowes to figure out a discounted price since they sent me a display that has been opened and *** and moved around as a display. While on the phone with Lowes, Andrew listening in on the conversation, decides I don't want it and brings the old dishwasher back and hooks it back up. Now we agree on a price but Andrew has gotten frustrated and hooked up the old washer. So Lowes uses contracted people to install so okay they don't really care, I get it. Best of all is he was an employee. What a joke. The best of all is I bought all my appliances there and I am about to buy blinds and paint amongst other things. Home Depot here I come, even though it is further. This is the worst experience I have ever had. I wouldn't even buy water here if I was on fire. This place is a joke and the worst Lowes ever. DONT EVER GO!!!!!!
Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Poor customer service

Lowes in Chantilly, Virginia - Delivery cancelled the morning schedule!!

I get a call confirming delivery the night before. I have 3 workers scheduled to arrive after confirmation. I get a call two hours prior of delivery explaining that the ONLY driver is not coming in due to his wife having a baby. So, Lowe's has no backup plan at all? Only one driver! Not like everyone did not know she would have a baby after 9mnths.... I have zero issue with the new father... I'm angry that Lowe's has such poor management for delivery scheduling. Unbelievable that management did not have a contingency plan and all the deliveries depended on one truck driver. So this is where it really gets good. They rescheduled me for 8 days later. Wouldn't you think that they would do everything possible to make right for the customers impacted? I have had to speak to 3 different people to try to get it delivered earlier. Unbelievably unprofessional. Next time I'm buying from Home Depot.

If the volume of deliveries a store has only supports 1 driver it doesn't make economic sense to have 2 on the payroll. If the materials you were having delivered took 3 people to install I would assume there were a lot of materials that couldn't be handled by small courier. Unfortunately things in life happen and they aren't always convenient.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - WARRANTY/REPAIR SERVICE ISSUE

I bought a lawnmower (Invoice #09470) at Lowe's, Holmdel, NJ on 8/16 and it would not start on 4/17 with loose wire coils. I called Lowe's on Friday morning and they agreed to pick up lawnmower. I have a medical condition and could not bring lawnmower to store. I waited all day on Friday (missed chiropractor appointment) with no call or truck. I called Friday night to Lowe's Delivery Department (Kevin) who stated that I was on the manifest and the lawnmower would definitely be picked up on Saturday. I waited all day on Saturday with no call or truck. I am done shopping at Lowe's. The employees at Lowe's seem to be bothered when you call them and ask questions. Disgruntled, JChopyk

If you have a medical condition that doesn't allow you to return the mower, how can you use the mower? Just like the people that claim to have bad backs having a hard time finding someone to load their products but will have to unload them and use them when they get home.

What did they say when you called?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Warranty service bad
Warranty issue
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes Delivery Service Review

3.2
bought grill yesterday at lowes of hattisburg ms site said delivery today called customer service was told noway would be delivered today no easter cookout for us wont buy from them again
Lowes Delivery Service
Poor customer service

Lowes in Riverdale, Utah - We all wish we had a money machine, but value integrity

2.2
Nothing but trouble from the beginning. I chose to open a credit line because Lowe's has a less frenzied feel to it than Home Depot. The shopping experience seem's slightly more pleasant. Then the true colors show as I go into pay My first installment on credit, and there is a late fee that obviously doesn't belong there. rather than bill me the correct amount , and deal with the issue internally, the customer service clerk hands me a phone number and tells me to deal with the issue my self. I complied with the unfriendly suggestion. I called the number and had the clerical error removed. From that point I was willing to forgive the incident, but then every month that I go in to make my installment the same late fee is on the bill! From the first conversation that I had on the phone I double checked my due dates and made sure to show up in person a day early or the due day. It has been nothing but a problem with Lowe's and more headache than anyone should have to deal with. My wife and I will be paying the bill and moving on. We will be sure to everyone know what happens when you open a credit account with Lowe's. I could choose to paint This company with Crude word's, but it isn't necessary. The ugly shows in the customer service. How would you correct the neglect , and over collections? go back to the drawing board in terms of treating your customers professionally. No Relationship Building / Unmet Needs /No extra ordinary customer service / disorganized financing. Why would I shop here? Mike Wright Roy Utah You have my number.

Lowes doesn't issue credit, nor do other big box stores. The card you have is issued by an independent credit company.

Lowes has nothing to do with their billing. Take a look at the back of the card or your bill and you will find the name to the company that issued the card. Your complaint should be about the credit company, not Lowes. You may also find if you read the credit agreement you have with them may well state that the payment must be received in their office by a certain time of day.

By making the payment at a Lowes store you may delay the payment reaching their office on time. You need to educate yourself about the credit companies you are dealing with.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Poor financial service
Problems with payment