Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Carpet Install - Epic fail

1.5
So we purchase cheap Lowes carpet to install in my mother-in-law's finished basement. 600 square feet, easy job. The installers show up and I'm there to supervise. I take a vacation day off from work. Two guys, two separate trucks. I see padding, but no carpet. Hmm. So they rip out about 2/3rds of the old carpet and move furniture to the one remaining carpet side. They come upstairs and tell me they're going to pick up the carpet. Uhhhh ok...that's a half hour round trip wasted when you should have picked it up already, but whatever. An hour goes by and they're not back...uh oh. Two hours go by and they show up. Guess what? 'Uhhhhh the store messed up and they don't have your carpet in stock. They'll give you a call.' Ok genius....you had 3 materials to pick up and you only got two. Do you tear a roof off and then realize you don't have shingles? So after turning 9 shades of ticked off for an hour and a half, I spring into action. I go over to Modern Flooring America and make arrangements with them. They show me the carpet is in stock...awesome. So I go back to Lowes and go back to the flooring area. "Welcome to Lowes can I help you'. 'Yeah you can, because I'm pissed off'. I had their attention at that point. They try the pissed off customer BS of can we give you money back, blah blah blah. I told them, I want my money back in full...because if the job is this screwed up to begin with, I hate to see what the final install looks like. They give me a full refund in cash at the service counter. Now let's review how epicly bad they skrewed up: 1. Didn't check the carpet inventory before starting the install. 2. Tore up the carpet without considering #1 above. 3. Didn't contact me to apologize. 4. Didn't contact me to make arrangements for another carpet that was in stock (while the installers were still there). 5. Absolutely no contact from the store until I walked in 4 hours later. The only saving grace is they left the pad in place. Not only did they do more damage than simply not doing nothing at all...they simply didn't care. We had another bad carpet install from Home Depot last year so I wasn't going back to them. At least the Home Depot guy had enough brain cells to bring ALL the material when he came.
h.kitchener

Time to find a good carpet place! We have bought from a local place that has been in business for decades and never had a problem with carpet, vinyl, etc. Of course, they only use professional installers, not the fly-by-night ones the big box stores use.

Lowes Flooring Installation

Grill Review

Wrong Grill - said propane it was gas
Product
Grill
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes does not back shoddy workmanship by their subcontractors!

3.7
Purchased carpeting for entire 2nd floor in my home. Lowes installed In August 2013. In January 2015, I noticed carpet was bunching in hallway and one bedroom. Called Lowes and they refused to fix because warranty was only good for year. After several calls and complaints, an email to their CEO and Several VPs got somone out to look at it. They restretched in 2 areas and I thought my problem was over. Well now the carpet is bunching in the three bedrooms. I called the original installer and he wont come look at it. Said He is no longer their installer. I called Lowes and they refuse to fix it. They sent a letter to my home via UPS stating they fixed it once" as a one time courtesy" and they will make no further repairs. I am on mu own and they consider the issue closed. Buyer beware! Lowes does not back their work! I wouldnt have them install a light bulb at this point! #Lowes shoddy workmanship

So tired of whiners like you. It came with a year warranty. You knew it.

Ur a Troll

bobavery

At least your Lowes brought the carpet with them to install. My story is they ripped out the carpet, went back to the store and it's out of stock.

OOOOOPS!!!

I'm with you...the home improvement chains are nothing but glorified warehouses. Avoid their installation services like the plague.

@bobavery

Thanks Bob. I feel ur pain!

You had, and knew you had, a one year warranty on the installation. Yet you still bitched and whined until you got your way. Grow up and pay someone to come out and fix it.

Pretty funny trolle.

Sorry, you are having issues with your carpet, it is definitely a result of not using a power stretcher when the carpet was installed. This a common complaint with both Lowes and Home Depot, but it not limited to just them.

Also, it is a lack of institutional control by the carpet manufacturers, who could requiring some carpet installation standards be met when selling and installing their products.

Also, you may not realize it, but you probably over paid for the carpet as well.

***

My opinion is probably not going to matter much, but it one carpet customer listens and demands a proper installation by their carpet installer, my day has been made.

@JJ

I agree. Manually stretched not power stretched.

View more comments (7)
  • Shoddy Workmanship
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes - Deal Review

4.8
Lowes has signs up saying that there in stock cabinets are 30 percent off the thing is the sign is up high to where you cant read the fine print. We was going to buy some cabinets that we need but the man from lowes said you have to read the fine print it was for just 2 kinds of in stock not all in stock. I think that is very deceiving and should never put a sign up over the ones that isnt on sale.very very disappointed.
Lowes Deal
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Contractor flooded basement

We had our kitchen remodeled by contractor from lowes.. we moved sink and dishwasher. Reposition pipes When contractor installed it he ran the water to check pressure etc. he never went into my basement (which is wide open ) to check for leaks . When I got home basement was saturated Lowes claim it was an old pipe and they are not responsible. ???? What can I do ? if the contractor just looked while he was running the water before he left this wouldn't of been an issue

Lowes - Refrigerator service

I called to get a refrigerator serviced , ice maker was not working. I gave them model number and serial number. I didn't have the receipt at the time. Gave them my wife's name and method of payment and they could find where my bought the refrigerator, stove and washer and dryer. All purchases were made at the same time same day. There should a copy of that purchase somewhere in that being you had all the information where these appliances were located. My wife was late with a payment, I received calls until the payment was made. So the information about the purchase was available. Also, a microwave oven at the same time and the salesman never us that the installation was a separate fee. That is not appreciated either.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service was unbeleivably
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Lowes Installation Service
2.2
I ordered a few items online, including 5/8" drywall and 1/4" drywall. The reason I ordered online is because I noticed that there was only 3 units of the 1/4" drywall in stock and wanted to snatch them up. I received an email saying that my order was ready for pick-up...
Lowes Pick Up Service
Cons
  • I will go to home depot from now on
  • Poor service
Order processing issue
  • terrible waiting issues
  • online ordering

Lowes - Lied about washer

2.5
Purchased a washer on a saturday, was told it would be in "in a couple of days". Went in on wednesday to find out when it would be in, because I wasnt getting any answers on the phone, was told it wouldnt be in until the following Monday. NOT happy! Basically we were lied to , in order for the sales associate to make the sale, he knew we'd go somewhere else if he were honest about when it would come in. Meanwhile, laundreys piling up, but thats not the salesmans concern I guess. Lowes needs to hire more honest sales associates. I will not be shopping there ever again.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Dishonest customer service
  • Lies about timeline
  • Dishonesty
Loss

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category

I purchased a washer and dryer along with extended warranty and free delivery/installation set up for next day delivery. The washer was delivered (not installed) but no dryer. Lowes cancelled the delivery claiming i didn't pay for the dryer even though i had a receipt. After a full day of investigating, they confirmed i had indeed paid for the dryer. So, another delivery was set up at a very inconvenient time. Once again, a no show with no explanation. It wasnt until i contacted the delivery company and they informed me my delivery had been cancelled. To make a long story short, they no showed a second time. Im currently set up for delivery tomorrow. In the meantime, ive missed work, have accumulated more expenses, etc. Additionally, upon contacting lowes customer service dept, i was asked to explain my complaint only to be told she would need to contact a different dept to assist. Then, i was placed on hold for 18 minutes. At that time i hung up.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Banned from returns

We purchased a $700 tile saw and it stopped working less than a week after using it. My husband thought it was simply the power cord so he took the cord to Lowes and asked for a new one and was told he had to return the entire saw. He went home to load it back up and brought it in and it was exchanged with no problems. New saw stopped working, again about a week later - same issue, just wouldn't turn on anymore and my husband, again, said it was just the power cord so returned the entire saw and decided to get a different brand that was sold at Home Depot. Fast forward to yesterday when we needed to exchange a bath faucet that appeared to be clogged (after only 1 month of use) with no way of disassembling it to clean it. He was told he was on a permanent ban from returns and given a 1-800 number to call. Called and was told to leave a message and someone would return the call in 2 days. We have purchased MANY items from Lowes during our home remodel. The only returns made up to the tile saw were items that were still new, in the package, and we had the receipts. We were told it was probably the large amount of money for the tile saw that did it. No resolution offered, manager wouldn't speak to him, just given the 1-800 number and told it was out of the manager's control. This is extremely poor customer service.

Lowes has the weirdest mgmt like they don't even know their retail.

I have been blocked from returning to lowes for over a year now.. Pretty much everything in my house is from lowes.

I have tried to leave numerous messages with no resolution.

I think best bet for me and you is to file a complaint against lowes via Better business bureau. or switch to home depot.

ProtectiveBeardedDragon379

I just experienced a similar situation. I had a ~$100 Lowes credit from a prior purchase and return without receipt.

It was about 30 left over paver stones from a large patio project I completed in my back yard by myself and I spent over $1000 on the paver order originally. The store helped me use it to purchase two aluminum gable vents for $30 online since the store didn't carry the smaller size I needed. They apparently had to transfer the funds from the credit to a gift card at the time (which was outside standard policy), but they made the exception and did not state any negative repercussions as a result. I tried to return two tubes of caulk, a can of foam, and a small PVC part today, but couldn't (maybe $12 in total).

Turns out corporate placed a permanent return ban on me without receipts with zero reason to back up why even though the no receipt "worry free" return policy is taped right there on the returns desk. Lowes has continued to get worse over the years with coupon limitations and ID checks by placing the burden of the small % of people who steal and inadequate security measures on ALL customers. It's really a shame, because an average paying customer is now turned off from their brand and likely won't shop there in the future over $30 of purchase outside their policy that store employees approved. I bought nearly $3000 of supplies for my bathroom project also maybe 6 years ago, and things were fine then.

Advice.....get better security measures and actually prosecute thieves instead of just letting them go and passing the costs/burdens onto average paying customers. Also, if you're that concerned about the small % of theft, be honest and just implement a no-receipt, no-return policy instead of weaseling around it behind the scenes.

Sounds like you may have an electrical issue... if the power cord keeps messing up

poor customer service? I'm sorry but when a store returns such a high dollar item for you with no receipt they are doing you a favor.

you honestly sound like you're sore because they stopped letting you commit retail fraud. _

I've bought a lot. I have every receipt.

I just don't want to dig it out. So, I returned for yrs with no problem. Some things I didn't buy. I have returned too.

A sheet of OSB plywood from an unsecured load. Pretty neat- 50' into the air. Then, I need only pick it up for $18.00 store credit. That, practice has been approved by the personnel.

As, long as they carry it and it's in saleable condition. I don't mind, though. As you may have noticed?

There's more then one hardware store chain carrying the same products. Just make yourself feel better (if you need to) by not shopping at Lowe's for anything.

@Chris Dawson

So you're made because the current staff isn't into your special little, self-created rule. Just because you've been doing something for years doesn't mean you can get away with it forever.

You sound like an entitled old child who thinks things will go their way forever.

Bad news, other shops will enforce their policies with little concern on how long you've traded with them. The means nothing these days and shops won't fight to keep troublesome "customers."

@Anonymous

"There's no fool like an old fool."

i was also banned from lowes and given an 800# . i spent over $20,000 last year alone at lowes...

now i keep my receipts for everything and return with a receipt without issues.

today the manager at lowes told me oh were not suppose to take this back after 30 days, i googled lowes return policy and it clearly says that its a 90 day return policy. plus the item was ordered on lowes.com

The only way you are turned off from returns is you didn't have a receipt from your purchase after a certain dollar amount you are turned off this is Lowes way to stop shrink. Lowe's returns everything they need a way to help stop shrink . Try getting a MY LOWE'S CARD this keeps track of your purchases just in case you lose your receipt and the manager was telling the truth once you are turned off they can't do a thing for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Anonymous

I have a my lowes card and what they do is say they scan the card but many times don't actually enter it in the system and tell you that can't return the item. I returned one item from the same receipt because it was an extra and they found it on my lowes, then I went to return the item on the receipt today and they said it was never scanned on my lowes...they lie based on their own discretion.

I have spent so much money there and only a 10th wad actually scanned on my lowes and I'm banned from returns because I didn't know about points on license and that they were not scanning item in my lowes when I was told they were. Very Sheisty

Then complain to Lowe's Corporate Headquarters since you are this unhappy.

@Anonymous

Funny you say that, we are calling tomorrow. I completely understand they are just trying to mitigate fraud but we haven't returned that much stuff... And we have purchased a lot of stuff

@Kimh

And exactly why is your posting that we have purchased a lot of stuff relevant to your complaint?

@Anonymous

you're a real antagonist keyboard toughguy

@Anonymous

Because by the fact that I have purchased alot of stuff means that I should be treated as a valued customer and treated with the dignity and respect that I deserve and that I should be able to make unlimited returns for whatever reason that I am not 100% satisfied, that's why!

@Anonymous

The employees told me donot bother because they will not do anything. One employee even admitted they ban people on purpose and frequently lie about inputting purchases into system. ..they need a class action lawsuit by being deceptive on store policies

@Dawn f

Not!

ProtectiveBeardedDragon379
@Dawn f

I have no problem with a private business deciding rules on their own to benefit their business. The problem is when they aren't honest about their policies and deceive unsuspecting customers unknowingly.

Just implement a no-receipt, no-return policy and post it large and clear at each register.

That would drop the rate of theft big time and force customers to organize their receipts better or decide to shop elsewhere. And before you say, why is it Lowes job to train you to track your receipts better, they have been allowing the no-receipt no-questions policy for over a decade to my knowledge, so they supported this no-receipt culture.

BrawnyHaddock