2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had both my guest bath and master bath remodeled by Lowe’s (Port Orchard, WA). While their design team did an amazing job, they use third party vendors to actually do the work, in which you don’t have a choice as to whom they work with.

Being Lowe’s, I expected a high caliber contractor with close attention to detail. I had my guest bath done first and it was a new service Lowe’s was offering so when things went wrong, and they attempted to not accomplish my project the way the Lowe’s designer and I had dictated in writing, it became an argument. The contractor said that “people don’t have things installed that way”. Well, I am people and I am asking and paid for it to be installed there.

I made them stop work while I called my project manager and had this dealt with. It was a nightmare! A year later, I used them again against my better judgement, to remodel the master bath. I figured with a year for them to get through their growing pains, it would have gone better and with lessons learned we actually sketched how and where everything was going.

With this added document, I felt there couldn’t be any problems. Well, I was once again wrong. The contractor must have had some home problems going on because he came in with a very bad attitude and very cranky. This time, not only did they attempt to mount my mirror wrong but their workmanship had seriously decreased from a year ago.

I had to go back after they were done and fix a few things. I would highly recommend that if you want to remodel, use Lowe’s design services but then take those plans and find your own contractor because the ones Lowe’s in Port Orchard use are aweful.

Comments

Why not work with your contractor on a design? The contractor will be doing the work and will have actually seen the room they are dealing with. They may have a better idea of what things may actually work in your home than a designer at Lowes will.

h.kitchener

Very good advice about hiring your own contractor. All the big box stores use the cheapest sub contractors they can in order to maximize their profit from your job. The trick, of course is to find a good contractor.