2747 Caddo St, Arkadelphia, AR 71923, USA

I have shopped at lowes for over 20 years, I never go to home depot unless they are out of stock on an item. I purchase no less than 2500 dollars worth of items every month in lowes for my business.

I have recently been told that the 10 percent discount that I have been getting for years is going to just be 5 percent. They told me that I had to sign up for a lowes card or I wouldn't receive a discount at all. WHAT happened to the days of treating a customer like a customer and not a number!!! My last purchase at Lowes Montgomery store 441, the general manager no less told me that if I didn't have the lowes card I couldn't get the 5 percent discount.

Unreal..... these people all know me by name because I shop in the same store for years, and I am there on a daily basis, but now policy gets in the way of treating a customer like a customer.....??? I bet the first store in North Carolina didn't talk to a 20 year customer like a number. Upper level management has the local store manager so scared that he is going to loose his job if he steps outside of the box to help a loyal customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with this picture... ????? I can't be mad at the manager because he was just told to repeat a policy that upper level management comes up with from behind their desk...that doesn't really fit the real world. Lowes has a program called QSP to get a discount for contractors, but they have to be able to predict everything they are going to need during the month and purchase it all at one time!!!!

I am good but I can't do miracles and I can't predict the future. And some months my small business couldn't afford to make a month's worth of purchases at one time anyway..... !!! I would like to be treated like a loyal customer is that really so much to ask....., not....

having to speak to a manager who is scared that they will loose their job if they somehow treat me a little bit differently.

Maybe we should all just shop at Home Depot. Dan Reeder

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Make a policy that fits the real world, and doesn't require me to predict everything I am going to be buying in a month!!! I want to shop daily because I don't know what I am going to need in advance. A 10 percent break to loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Comments

Actual employees are only numbers to Lowe's, what makes you think being a customer is any different? You think the the executives and the shareholders know your name?

lol What policy has granted you the 10% discount you've been receiving anyway?

Is it a military discount? Because in that case you've never had a right to be receiving it for commercial purposes in the first place.

It looks like this is a policy that fits the real world. In the real world there is more and more competition every day.

There are more and more on-line stores competing with lower prices. It's harder for stores to increase prices as the cost of good go up. To stay in business the brick and mortar stores need to look for ways to cut costs to remain competitive with on-line stores. How do they do this?

They cut back on the number of people working in the stores, keep the stores warmer in the summer, cooler in the winter. They cut back on discounts and promotions. They encourage the use of store credit cards instead of cards like Visa and master card that get a cut of every sale. They don't pay these fees on a store card.

All businesses must make a profit if they plan on keeping the doors open. Yes they are a big company, but big companies fail as well.

Look at K-Mart, Sears, JC Penny, all big companies, but look at the stores they are closing due to lagging profits. Open your eyes to what is going on out there in the real world.

The policy was changed to appease the Lowe's stockholders. That's what Lowe's exists for. The customer is ALWAYS secondary to the stockholders.