Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Disaster!

1.9
Recently purchased carpeting and floor tile for our newly-finished basement. Lowes installed the carpet. What a mess! The installers put dirty handprints all over the walls and trashed the baseboards with scrapes, scuff marks, black marks, and nail pops due to the use of excessive force with carpet stretchers. I'll remind you at this point that the basement had just been finished, so the painted walls and woodwork were pristine before the carpet was laid. They also punched three holes in a 7' custom maple TV shelf by irresponsibly placing tools and other equipment on it. Lowes reluctantly sent a representative to examine the damages. The gentleman from Lowes proceeded to walk down our newly-carpeted steps to the basement and then strolled all the way across our newly-carpeted rooms before we could stop him. He was wearing muddy boots! Suddenly, instead of helping us resolve the first issue, he had created a new one. It took us a month to get Lowes to take partial responsibility by paying our painter to touch up our walls and woodwork. I cleaned the carpet. On to the ceramic tile: we tiled a 13' X 7' eating area. Lowes supplied the tile but did not install it. After our person laid the tile, we cleaned it and found that it was defective, as it is covered with shiny spots due to manufacturing error, I am guessing. Lowes response was that our installer should have noticed the defects and not laid it. I will never use Lowes for any kind of flooring project, again!

I believe that Lowe's contracts out their installers instead of directly hiring installers.

So your complaint is with the company that Lowe's contracted out instead of them.

Other issue

Lowes - Terrible Customer Service

2.4
We purchased a new Cub Cadet snow blower from Lowes at Cross Iron Mills Calgary location on Wednesday January 6th, 2017. We stood in the store by the snow blowers for almost 15 minutes and never had an associate ask if we needed help. I looked at the different snow blowers and picked the one I wanted and wheeled it up to the check out myself. I asked the clerk about Lowes return policy before we paid and she stated that we had 30 days to return the machine if we were not satisfied. We then purchased a 4 year Extended Warranty package as well but have since found out that the Cub Cadet unit comes with a 3 year Warranty that we were not told about. The total invoice came to $1132.00 including gst. I got the machine home and before you can try it you need to fill it with gasoline, I put in fuel and proceeded to start the snow blower. There was not any snow for me to clear as I had shoveled recently. I tried to blow some snow from my neighbors driveway and quickly figured out that the size of this machine is too big for what I need it for. I called Lowes the same day and explained that I would like to bring this machine back and exchange for a smaller unit that they had in stock. I was passed off through 3 different people until a guy called me back saying that once I put gas in the unit that Lowes would no longer take it back. I offered to remove all the fuel and clean out the tank and lines but the guy said don't bother because we will know if you do that and we won't take it back. We then looked on line and found that Home Depot carries the Cub Cadet brand, I called and talked to their customer service department and asked what their return policy is for gas powered units and was informed that if I purchased the Unit from Home Depot I had 30 days to return for a full refund or exchange it no questions asked. The Home Depot said even if I put fuel in the unit it was not an issue to return it. I have spent well over $4000.00 at Lowes in the past year and a half but can tell you that I won't set foot in a Lowes store again if they don't help me out with this exchange. I don't want my money back I just want the right unit for my needs. The Customer service that they brag about is terrible.

So you want to stick them with a used snowblower because you didn't do your research before you made the purchase? Why should they take a loss because you were too lazy to do a little research?

Now that you have run it, it can't be sold as new. Put it on Craigs List and sell it yourself.

It will be a lesson to figure out what you want BEFORE you buy a product and use it. Good luck trying to return used power equipment elsewhere as well.

@Anonymous

You're an ***. He did ask questions, aka research, to find out if there was anything he needed to worry about if he needed to return it and they did not tell him about the gas issue, (which isn't true, they can return it they just can't let it into the store for safety reasons), so your research snide remarks are just *** considering he actually asked. Read the *** post you half wit.

@Anonymous

Cub Cadet is a Home Depot brand, ***.

View more comments (2)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Exchange for better suited unit

LOWES SUCKS

As a contractor in Nashville TN I regularly buy products from Lowes but recently they have become unbelievable worthless. On of the products, a Project Source vanity, can not be found in a web search, with any description, including the actual model numbers that I drove to the store to get (642-549, 642-550 and 642-551) . On the center of their search web page is a banner that says "need help?" - 866-600-6000, unfortunately that number does not work either. This is a company that needs to seriously put a foot in the butts of their IT department. But complaining does not do any good just look at the tousands of online complaints that they have.
Other issue

Lowes - Shipping Service Review

1.3
I'm am so pissed off right now.I ordered $700 worth of electrical devices and they sent me 100 of the wrong thing.Also it was the worse package job ever it made black marks on all the white devices I had to repackage everything.I ordered on line to not have to drive the hour to get all this stuff.Now I have to drive there anyways they shorted me 3 breakers.I'm an electrician and I won't go there after this is all squared away!!!!!!!!!!!
Order processing issue

Lowes won't honor my Military ID here in Maine

Lowes won't honor my Military ID here in Maine I am a US Veteran. I took a copy of my DD form 214 to DMV and received a Maine drivers License that shows I am a vet. Lowes will not Honor it for a discount They say they give all vets 10% but not here in Maine if you don't have a Health care ID / or active duty ID your not considered a Vet at Lowes . I have my own healthcare insurance and I have a less then 10% service connected disability so I don't have an ID from the VA. I am a Vet and I am proud to have served Shame on Lowes to treat us like were not Vets. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

I have the utmost respect for our military, but it always *** me off when someone like you feels entitled to a discount. Go to WalMart and try to get a Military discount.

The military discount clearly says its for Active duty, Retired, or disabled military personnel.

If you were even 10% disabled, you'd have a VA card. The DD214 is not a valid ID for the discount.

It is not a veterans discount it is a Military discount.

View more comments (1)
Veterans Discount
honoring all Vets as you state you do!!! My ID is valid

Lowes - Awful phone line - cannot get thru

Put an order in a Lowe's. got a call to schedule delivery. Called many times and NEVER was able to get thru to talk to anyone. Absolutely unacceptable customer service. There phone system just puts you on ETERNAL hold. How do you schedule a delivery if they will not pick up the phone. Not sure why I have to enter at least 100 words here - very pathetic. Very tempted to cancel order at Lowe's and do with another mfg if this is what I have to look forward to with customer service. OMG are you F*&^ kidding me. why do you not accept my text. asldkfhalsfklasdhfkljasdjkfhaksdfkasdhfkajshdasdlkfjklas lkajsdfklja laksdjfklajsd laksdjfklajsdf alksdjfkl ajs laksjdfkl jasa laksjdfkl ajsdads flkajsdfkl jalksjdfl kaj alksdj fklajsdf alkdjf aklsjdf akk k k k k kk k k k kk k k kk k k k kk k k kk k k k k kk k

Kraftmaid doesn't run this site. To complain about a minimum number of characters is silly and immature.

If you can't figure that out, I imagine you are probably calling the incorrect number for their call center.

Furthermore, there is no monetary loss of three grand and you aren't owed a price reduction.

Call the place of purchase and they can assist you in getting the right number or calling on your behalf if it's a home delivery.

Price reduction

Lowes - Rude customer service and wrong count on their products

3.8
I ordered blue Christmas lights online, the website stated there were 9 in the store. As the site stated I had to order in bulk of 5, so I did. I get a call from Lowes, but being at work I had to step out of the office to return the call. I call Lowes back she girl Ashley from Leander Lowes tells me in these exact words. "We only have two in the store so that's what I charged to your card being you didn't answer and I got your voicemail..." Um NOOO you do not charge my card for what I did not approve regardless if you did not get in tough with me right away. Update your system and refund me card now. Her attitude was a disgrace to Lowes and she needs to move on from customer service.
Let the company propose a solution

Why does lowes not care about families anymore

4.8
I remember when lowes told everyone family was the back bone of the hard workers . Well you took away christmas and holiday gift cards or the little extra bonus money the employee youst to get. Then you envoked the seven year no raises what is up with this. People need raises the economy stinks and family should always come first. why would you have an employee only party at lowes not a husband and or significant other spouse envite for store of year party with food and dancing are you trying to break up home by allowing husbands and wives to be single and dance and play games you are so foolish childish not to remember family first. I was so excited my husbands store made store of the year he told me the other employees had to serve the employees lunch i was cool with it until i seen music and dance and party fun and guess what no families just employee made me feel like family don't matter .
Review
Pros
  • I love most employees and such
Cons
  • Family do not count this bothers me

Lowes in Ithaca, New York - Don't ask where anything is

4.7
If you ask where anything is, chances are high, you will be sent on a wild goose chase. " Oh yes, its' over in aisle 21" BULL ! I think they just make *** up. OR, they will tell you that they don't have it, when in fact : THEY DO ! Everyone is nice, at least, nice but uninformed. The store is well-organized, so go look for yourself if you want to find anything. Having to write at least on hundred words here is truly a pain in the butt, so I am dragging it out as much as I can, I hope that you understand my frustration with this *** requirement.
Review
Pros
  • Staff
Cons
  • But not their knowledge of the store
Poor customer service

Lowes - PAIN IN THE *** AS USUAL!!

As usual a nightmare!! Nearly every interaction with Lowe’s turns into a pain in the ***. It really sucks that we are forced to use them as they are the only large hardware store in town. Home Depot is more than 30 minutes away-the drive is feeling shorter every time I visit Lowe’s. As I have renovated my father’s home over the last several months I have spent thousands at Lowe’s on roofing, composite decking, plumbing, wiring, appliances, etc. Today I went in to pick up some insulation and a miter box table. When I got up to the cash register to pay the bloodshot, glazed over, half open, “Stoned” look of my cashier Chad at the ProDesk checkout should have told me there would be problems yet again. Dad ran his card to pay but when he went to sign the stylus would not work. Chad stood there for nearly two minutes with a blank look on his face before saying “Oh that was just fixed try your finger”. Nope that did not work either. Now thoroughly confused our Stoned out buddy Chad was really stymied. Again standing around for several minutes completely unaware of what to do the cashier directly across from him evidently saw the look of Chad’s last brain cell burning out and came over to try and help him. He suggested Chad call the ‘Head Cashier’ as and my aged father growing increasingly frustrated about technology he was ready to just walk away but we couldn’t as the transaction could not even be closed out. Finally after several more minutes Adele sauntered up and her first words were “Not again” then proceeded to give my father a hard time for not understanding why the transaction could not simply be cancelled and we could leave. Adele said we had to wait for the transaction to ‘Time out’ so several more minutes passed as we waited. Dad’s leg, in a brace, was starting to get very sore and he was getting very wobbly. My dad was unable to sign so the transaction should never have gone through but sure enough it did so after timing out we wasted more time for Adele to process a refund. I HATE THIS LOWE’S location. The employees have proven over and over they are ill trained, uninformed about the products they sell, and often even where they are located in the store. I will be praying a real home improvement store comes to Port Orchard.

If it's to the signing screen the transaction has already gone through. God himself couldn't cancel it.

Yes sometimes equipment malfunctions but that isn't the fault of the cashier no matter how stoned.

I'm sorry you had a hard time waiting out the literal 90 second time out before the physical signing option. If you think that's crazy good luck in the real world.

How are you coming out ahead by getting a refund because of an equipment malfunction? Sound like you will have to drive 1/2 hour to Home Depot and 1/2 hour back. Hope the extra hour of driving makes up for the short delay you had at Lowes.

If I may?

I looked, there are several locally owned stores that sell many home improvement materials within 5 - 10 minutes of the Lowe's. Perhaps giving a local merchant a chance, rather than a big box with problems?

offconsumerpissed

You certainly seem to put the "jack" in "jacka-s-s."

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

I can only assume you are either a Lowe's employee or a ***-possibly both. Your comment is so intelligent lol.

offconsumerpissed
@jackrobertsjr

Simply pointing out how asinine it is for someone to repeatedly do the same thing and expect a different result. You even included the ole "old" and "disabled" catchphrases, which show you are nothing more than a dolt trying to get people to feel sorry for you.

I can only imagine that your father is embarrassed that you are named after him. Every time he hears you talk, I imagine he wishes he would have pulled out.

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

It amuses me the no life trolls with nothing meaningful to offer. I'll assume you simply cannot read or are a *****.

If you did you would see they largely have a monopoly but yes thanks for trolling and your asinine attempt at wisdom. I'll offer a tip as well get a life lol.

View more comments (6)