Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Customer Care Review

Dont buy Bosch its total *** & so is lowes customer service! Allen's appliance repair is *** too!

Lowes - Samsung Electronics Refrigerator Review

1.2
Customer service is terrible. No fair resolution to a malfunctioning refridgerator. Were told we were to recieve a replacement unit by lowes appliance. Now they reneged on that promise. A long talk with the store manager resulted in no resonable resolution. The interior lights due not function at all and samsung will not repair the lighting. They say they have no one to service the unit. We recieved an Email from Samsung stating we will recieve a new unit. Now Lowes will not srand by the promises made. Good bye lowes, with this kind of customer service you should no longer be in business.

Resolved!

Samsung sent you an e-mail stating that you will receive a new unit, so exactly what are you complaining in the first place?

Why are you mad a Lowes. Your post says Samsung sent you an e-mail saying they would replace your refrigerator. Why aren't you complaining about Samsung, the manufacturer who is responsible for the warranty?

View more comments (2)
Samsung Electronics Refrigerator
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Done with Lowe's

Today I learned that Lowe's had closed the credit card account I opened in 2008. Since that time I have had a perfect payment history with them. Each year they manage to send me account change disclosures, privacy practices, etc. However, they were not able or willing to tell me that they would close my account for recent lack of charges. Talking to their customer dis-service agents, including a "supervisor" here in the US, was a waste of time. The people who are supposed to support customers were not authorized to reinstate a closed account. So I opened an account at Home Depot. The HD product line is larger, I have two stores closer to me than Lowe's, and the process of opening a new account with Home Depot was painless and quick. Lowe's needs to learn the essentials of customer relations. There is no reason for me to ever do business with Lowe's again. So I won't.

Lowes didn't close an account you never had with them. Lowes does not extend credit to anyone.

The account you had was with an independent credit company that issues cards that can be used at Lowes. If you have a complaint with anyone it is them.

If you have good credit you should be carrying a major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card) that would have a lower interest rate than a store card. There is really no reason to have a store card.

they closed my account for inactivity too. WTF.......

and says there is nothing I can do... its closed. thank god I turned the lowes job down years ago...... the manager told everyone that day that everyone has to take computer test time to time and you cant log on at home....he said you have to take the test during your LUNCH BREAK.

by law you are allowed a lunch break not to take your stupid test .

some of the things the manager had said that day, lead me to believe LOWES is some kind of Occult.... also was told that if you had big purchases of building materials that they would send someone to your house to check it out to make sure that it is your stuff and not someone elses for their tiny discount.

It could be that you have not used your Lowes card to buy their merchandise in a long time.

@Anonymous

it shouldn't matter if you used your card or not in any amount of time. the bank get greedy when they don't get that interest every month if you don't use your card.then when you have to talk to them you cant understand them.. they are probably all illegal being in our country.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Account
Cons
  • Lack of communication
  • Online customer care
  • Already stated above
Reason of review
credit card closure without any notification.

Lowes - Frigidaire Dishwasher Review

2.3
I purchased a Frigidaire dishwasher from Lowe's. From the day it was installed, which took 5 weeks, the latch did not work correctly. Called for service. The latch was replaced and now it won't start at all. We now need to get a technician from Frigidaire. 3 days wait before they even call. Then who knows how much longer! Don't buy an appliance from Lowe's in North Conway NH

What does Lowes have to do with your dishwasher not working? Your complaint is with Frigidaire.

They made the dishwasher and are responsible for its repair under warranty. This would be true no matter where you bought the dishwasher. It would also be true no matter which brand of appliance you bought. No matter where you shop you will have a variety of manufacturers and models to chose from.

The store you buy the appliance from is just a middleman between you and the manufacturer, they just facilitate the purchase and delivery of the appliance.

The warranty is provided by the manufacturer and if you purchase a service plan beyond the warranty it is provided by another company and they, not the retailer are responsible to get your appliance working again. If you aren't satisfied with the service blame the proper company, not the retail store.

Frigidaire Dishwasher
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Theives

THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!! I am a disabled Vietvet. I have bought MANY things from Lowes. No problem. BUT this last purchase could only be delivered by truck..... $62 I cancelled the order but they won't refund my money! I talked to a " manager" who was only interested in being my adversary not being of any help. She says they have already refunded me as of 2/2 Funny thing is Wells Fargo does not show this. Then the nasty latina *** in a very condcending manner say " jou know de banks are clos-ed on sunday. THIS IS YOUR MANAGER!? Why do you keep my $ I am really happy there is a Home Depot near,, I am never setting foot in a lowes

Most people get pissed because they don't now how credit cards work. The bank doesn't take the money out immediately, they put a hold on it and then it's processed out in batches.

The money is in "limbo" until it clears.

The same happens with a return. The stores account with have a hold on the money until the batch processes and it's cleared and deposited into your account

Complain to your bank about this.

Why do you think you are entitled to "better" or "more" customer service because you are a disabled vet? Your racist comments regarding the Lowes employee tell us all we need to know about you.

You will find that the banking system is very quick in taking money out of your account but there is a delay of a few days when Money is being credited back. If you are a vietvet you are old enough to know what bankers hours are and shouldn't expect to see the credit show up over the weekend.

You will more than likely see it credited on Monday or Tuesday. Blame the banking system, not Lowes.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • You will not refund on an order that you never delivered
Full refund
Tags
  • rude employee

Lowes - Customer Care Review

Ok im going to start this off by saying i will never shop for anything at lowes again. I bought a washing machine and it turns out that there's a recall on it I understand that is not Lowes problem it is Samsungs problem. So they make me buy a new washer before I can get my old one back which is ridiculous because how is that any of their business what I buy I should just get a refund. Well I wait over 2 months for my washer to come. They bring my washer at 6:45 in the morning. I was at work so my wife was home sleeping and they came without talking to anyone first. So they ring my doorbell and Beat on my door with their clipboard. My wife said for atleast 30 mins. She was not going to let 2 strange men in at 7 in the morning. They were very very rude. I woked for home depot for years and if we did that we would of got fired. I will be talking with a Lowes manager about this. You do not come over without talking to someone or anything and then beat on someone's door for over a half an hour that early in the morning.

I expect you wanted them to pick up the old machine rather than taking it to the store. They aren't going to give you credit for the old machine till the have it in their possession.

You chose to purchase a new one and have the old one picked up when the new one was delivered to avoid bringing it to the store or paying to have it picked up. This was your choice as was ordering a new machine that wasn't in stock and had to be ordered. They also don't pick a random day to show up at your house for delivery. They will set a day and a time range such as morning, afternoon, or evening.

You had a morning delivery set up and obviously got the first load out and had assumed they would show up later in the morning. Your wife obviously looked out the window to know that there were 2 "strange" men at the door. She should have been able to see that there was a big Lowes truck there as well. Why would she assume they were there to do her any harm as you if you are to be believed had been waiting for over 2 months to have your new washer delivered.

It seems like she was the rude one for not answering the door for 1/2 hour.

You also know that you claim of them banging on your door for 1/2 hour is a huge exaggeration as well. I can pretty well guarantee that they would have been on their way to the next delivery if no one had answered in 5 minutes as they don't have that kind of time built into their delivery schedule.

Lowes - Whirlpool Dishwasher Review

2.8
Whirlpool products are junk as 3 of the 4 I bought 3 & 1/2 yrs ago have broken the latest for the third time the dishwasher another control panel. The whirlpool people told me the would fix it for 365.00 and guarantee it for a year. This *** is all made in Mexico as I was told last year by the repair man and he was right I looked it up. We bought top of the line stuff or so we thought but this will not happen again. We have spent close to a 1000.00 on repairs and all we get is were sorry but so is the *** you make and sell. Nothing but a ripoff.

The appliances may have been assembled in Mexico but the electronics in the control panel came from China. Appliance manufacturers have shortened their warranty to one year and are more than willing to sell you a service plan to cover repairs beyond that period.

They are also importing the control panels and other from China to reduce cost. Whirlpool has move a lot of their assembly back to the US but still use Chinese components.

Whirlpool Dishwasher
Bad quality

Lowes - FENCING UNDONE.

Between the installer Zack, the people in Central Production, the store #2691 on 4551 S. Laburnum Ave. in Henrico VA. this experience has been a NIGHTMARE AND UNFINISHED !!!!!!!!!!! I KEEP GETTING PASSED AROUND FROM SUPERVISOR TO SUPERVISOR. One instance the young lady asked for my phone which pulls up the history of all my phone call about this problem I'm having and trying to get the issue resolved...... I was on hold for 30 mins. and then she tells me the supervisor couldn't talk to me, because he was busy. Now this is the same Supervisor who has been avoiding my calls over several attempts and leaving voice mail and never returning a single call, Kenny Perry he's USELESS ! This process started Jan 4,17 its now Feb 3,17 and STILL UNRESOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M DONE GOODBYE FORMER CUSTOMER
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes in Brenham, Texas - Purchased dishwasher

5.0
They don't keep appliances at store, don't know where they come from. Ordered a dishwasher and said it would arrive in 3-7 days. We are on day nine and they said there is a P.O. but that's all there is in the notice. So I'm assuming that they have to purchase the item from manufacturer and haven't yet so my money that they have is in their account drawing interest till they purchase it. I order a auto part a couple of months ago and got it 10 days later, it came from Japan. I could have ordered this from an online independent appliance dealer or off eBay and had it in a week. Never again will I buy anything from Lowes, they need to change their name to Slowes.

Lowe's does stock many appliances, but your must be on back order or special order.I usually cannot find anyone with enough competence to help in the appliance dept.

Suggest that you cancel your order.

Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Purchase was 11 days ago still not shipped
  • Waited 2 weeks to receive order
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Samsung Glass top Cracked on right side, Lowes extended warranty refuses to fix it.

1.4
Bought samsung glass top range in April 2014 along with Lowes extended warranty for 5 years. My glass top cracked on right side from front to back in August 2016 and I have fought with them ever since, they will not repair it . Apparently there are a lot of complaints on Consumer complaints when googled, 261 today up from 222 when I first called to have it fixed in August. The warranty plainly states that this is covered but they have said they don't cover cosmetic damage and even have said it looks to have spidered out from a strike point which I did not do. DO NOT BUY LOWES extended warranty because they will deny coverage for parts order put in by the technician that they sent and then the appliance company will call you the next day and say that Lowes refused to cover the part so parts and labor will be $599.00 to fix.

Same thing happened to me, my glass cooktop cracked out of nowhere one evening after cooking. No worries I thought because I have the Lowes 5yr extended warranty, Well I called they sent someone out, filed a claim and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks I called and they told me the claim was denied.

This appliance is less than 2 years old (Whirlpool not Samsung).

The glass part alone is $400 +, the stove was only $900. Not happy, I intend to follow up on this as much as I can.

I have same Samsung Glass cracked and two of lowes tech came out to my house and they both said same thing that it's thermal crack due to heat but Lowes is saying it's impact crack and they don't cover that, also black stainless steel refg and range surface pain is coming off due to bad paint job but they are saying it's cosmetic damage and we don't cover that. it's all B.S.

if they don't want to cover anything why are the selling warranty and taking people's hard earned money.

I would like to know if anyone had a lawsuit against this thief. I am advising everyone to stay away from Samsung and LOWES

I just wanted to respond that Lowes executive services refunded my range under EPP BUYOUT. I contacted BBB and brought a resolution within a couple weeks.

NEVER AGAIN will I argue and waste time for six months with a warranty dept.

who has no intentions of repairing their appliances nor will I buy an extended warranty from any store that does not have a service department. Don't give up, try other sources.

Take time to read your warranty and you will see, in print, that cosmetic issues are not covered. If the cooktop works a crack in the corner is just cosmetic.

You will also find that defects are covered, not damage. If the crack was caused by something being dropped on it you damaged stand should be responsible for it. Look at it this way, if you had a child start banging on the front of one of your appliances with a toy truck and dented the door and scratched up the paint would you expect your warranty to cover the damage caused by your child? Any one with a bit of common sense wouldn't.

As h.kitchener points out there is a lot of care involved with glass tops. They look great in the showroom but are a pain in the butt to maintain.

h.kitchener

Buying these "extended warranties" is almost always a total waste of money on your part. The only ones who make out is the seller(Lowe's) and the company providing the warranty service, which can be a separate company or the retailer itself(Lowe's).

As in your case, the set the rules and unless you want to take them to court, they get to say whether or not they will pay on a claim. The second thing is that these glass-topped ranges are a real pain to keep clean and have to be used very carefully or you can do some serious and costly damage if you drop a pan on it the wrong way, etc. We had one and after two years, we just bought a new electric old-style and basic range without any bells and whistles. We gave the 2 year old glass-topped range to a total stranger just to get rid of it.

It was in perfect condition but we were tired of the hassle of owning it. At this point, never shop at Lowe's again and stay away from any extended warranty nonsense.

View more comments (4)
Review
#1002047 Review #1002047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Protection Plan
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution