Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Misrepresentation of a Shed

When I spend upwards of $800.00 on merchandise I expect to be told the truth and by a store associate that knows what they are talking about! 2 days ago I purchased a Rubbermaid Shed at a Lowe's store and was point blank, told by the cashier before I paid Lowe's in St. Petersburg, FL that the shed was in one piece and would NOT need to be constructed. The shed was delivered to my property yesterday and left in our yard in pieces by the delivery men. As I write this, my son has been constructing the shed now for 4 HOURS STRAIGHT. This is misrepresentation and my intent is to take it to my attorney daughter for review, at the very least, to determine what our next course of action should be. This is NOT acceptable! Had we known the shed needed assembly, we would not have purchased it or would have had the delivery men assemble the shed when it was delivered. DO EXPECT TO HEAR FROM US VERY SHORTLY.

Firstly almost no shed that is sold by lowe's is ever assembled unless you take the displays, secondly why ask the cashier who are not educated about the products as it is not their position to have that knowledge. Most would know to ask the salesperson who set up the order, rather than the cashier.

@Anonymous

Also you know that your "attorney" daughter can literally do nothing as it was the company who misrepresented the product but a associate who is not trained in that position, but good luck with that.

Must be a huge Rubbermaid shed if your son has been working on it for 4 hours. My 7x7 shed took about an hour to put up from floor to roof.

I don't really understand how anyone can expect the shed to come fully assembled as it would be rather large to put on a truck and unload. A cashier would be the last person I would ask about a product.

Why didn't you ask a salesperson who would be a lot more knowledgable about the products they sell than a cashier would? Your time would be better spent helping your son put the shed up than sitting on the computer complaining.

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Don't trust online orders

3.4
Ordered shower glass partition , order was comfirmed by local Lowes next day they said because of delivery location it would take 4 to 6 weeks i said no problem. well waited almost 6 weeks didn't hear form them so i called them, the reply was that order was cancel by the distributor yesterday mean while i can't finish the project so i wasted 6 weeks because of there poor busisness practices. terrible way to treat the people that keep you in buisness. Home Depo here i come. pissed off consumer ,pissed off consumer, pissed off consumer, pissed off consumer, pissed off consumer, pissed off consumer, pissed off consmer, pissed off consumer, pissed off consumer, pissed

According to your comment, Lowes didn't cancel the order, the distributor they ordered it from canceled the order. Why aren't you mad at them rather than Lowes?

For all you know, Home Depot orders from the same distributor as well. Again, another consumer blaming the wrong party.

Review
#981918 Review #981918 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Billing format

I have spent over $75000. at Lowes in the past year and a half. I have had 2 different promotions with different interest rates, 5.99% and 7.99%. When I pay my bill at the local store I designate how much goes toward each promotion. The associate will call customer service and tell them what I want done. When I receive my bill the next month it makes no sense at all. There is a whole page of additions and subtractions. It would take a person with an IQ over 160 to figure out what has been done. I called once and asked to have the bill explained , but the person I spoke to could not. I have been in banking for 36 years and consider myself fairly intelligent. This bill is not customer friendly at all. I doubt if anyone could figure it out. There need to be a change made showing (in a simple way) where each amount went Marcia Barrett Hornell NY
Other issue
Let the company propose a solution

Countertop Review

1.5
Bought top of the line granite countertop which cracked in 48 hours, took months to get fixed. Second installer reinstalled stove so that the cooktop is no longer level. I hired repair person but the damage cannot be repaired. No help from Lowes
Product
Bad quality

Dont' do business with Lowes store 1655 in upstate NY

1.7
On 5/1/2016, we purchased Pergo flooring and signed into contract for installation with Lowes for flooring in our kitchen and hallway area. On 6/6 and 6/7/2016, install took place with Will from TriStar flooring sent from Lowes. On 6/9/2016, we purchased an additional transition strip and an order for needed repairs including a corner edge chipping up on area of flooring, via phone conversation with Josh, Lowes sale associate. We were contacted by Will from TriStar who came to our house too look at the worked needed to be done including the start possible product issue. Will did state that the issues that were starting with the flooring should not be occurring and every now and then a batch of defective flooring is produced. He also asked we could wait for repair. Per Will, it was the busy season and there were management changes resulting in lack of installers to perform the work. We understood and were willing to wait. He said he would contact us when he was able to perform repairs. Throughout the summer, we noticed defects in the flooring such as denting from light objects that fell on the floor (light plastic magnet) and a gouge from a small soup can that slipped from my hand as I was grabbing another item from under the sink. This dent occurred from a drop height of 7 inches and only 2 months into having the floor installed. **Since the initial concern of issues we have noticed considerable defects in the product such as gouging and chipping in various areas throughout the entire floor which lead us believe that there is product defect. In the beginning of September, we had not heard from the installer. Unfortunately, we could not locate the personal cell number Will had provided us. Between 9/10/2016 and 11/5/2016, we attempted to contact Lowes flooring department via phone approximately 6 times between my husband and myself. During each attempt, we were repeatedly transferred between departments and experienced extremely long hold times and had to cease with the attempt. If we finally did get to speak with someone, we were told every time the person we needed was not available. There never was any information of us previously requesting to be contacted by Lowes about issues and repairs. When mentioning concerns of the product, we were told that Pergo rarely sends a representative to a home let alone take blame on a defective product so chances were slim that concern would be addressed. Yet, they would relay our concerns and someone would contact us. That contact never came. On 11/7/2016, we physically went to the store and spoke with Crystal who said that Lowes was no longer contracting with TriStar. This could have and should have been revealed to us on a previous phone conversation with an associate but was not. She tried to give us the contact number for the new company so that we, the customer with business quality concerns could be further aggravated, by the situation. I explained that we contracted with Lowes therefore Lowes needed to get the issues resolved and work performed for us. She put in an “official” work order for someone to contact us. She said this assures that the message will get attention. My husband was contacted by Ryan from Service Pros and on 11/10/2016 he came to inspect the floor, took pictures and was going to contact someone from his company to initiate the actual repairing. He noted that the product should not be wearing the way it was. He also took note that table chair legs were padded and I use the cleaning solution of water and vinegar suggested by Pergo on their website. We never received a call from the company for follow up. On 11/21/2016 I spoke with Rhim, another Lowes sales associate via phone and explained that there had been no resolution. Yet again, the message would be passed. I managed to locate the contact number for Service Pro contractor Ryan and told him we were never contacted for the repairs. The next day we got a call from David Sumner from Service Pros who was contacted by Ryan, not Lowes. The following day he came to our house and took pictures, wrote notes and commented about possible product deficiency. We have never received additional correspondence from him even after reaching out via text on 12/6/2016 and leaving a voice mail on 12/7/2016. Ironically, we have never heard from Lowes since I spoke to the sales associate on 11/21/2016. On 12/8/2016 I called contractor Ryan about the lack of attention from the other Service Pro Rep and he said that he would follow up. I haven’t heard from anyone since. On 12/9/2016, I called Lowes only to be told that what I need is no longer a flooring department issue, but an installation department issue and of course, the department was closed and I needed to call back the following day. On 12/20/2016, certified letter was sent via USPS, directed to the specific store manager and received 12/22/2016 by unknown Lowes associate per tracking. 12/28/2016 No response to date.
Review
Pros
  • Floor color
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes Rebate Review

Never received 100 dollar rebate it's a scam. When I called Ames Lowe's to talk to the guy I was told to talk to doesn' t work their any more and didn't know anything about it. Go to Menards instead.
Problems with payment

Lowes - Manager Review

1.9
Terrible customer service and ridiculous attitude. The store manager and worker that wasted our time should be fired. I acceptable to have such workers at store. Pico Rivera store location managers name was Jose and workers name was James.

OP:

Nothing in your complaint states exactly what was terrible about the customer service.

No-one is a mind reader.

As for the 2 employees being fired, that is up to Lowe's.

Do you want Lowe's to address the problem or do you just want to vent?

Exactly how do you expect any business to address a complaint when you do not state exactly what happened to cause you to complain?

Lowes - KITCHEN AID CONVECTION 36" COOK TOP MODEL # KICU569XBL

MY EXPERIENCE WITH LOWES APPLIANCE WARRANTY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE. THEY HAVE WORKED ON THE UNIT 5 TIMES (4 TIMES DURING DEC. 2016) AND STILL NOT WORKING. RE-SCHEDULED FOR 12/30/16 TO TRY MORE PARTS. STILL MISSING 2 JUMPER WIRES TO PROGRAM THE MODULE. TECH HAS MADE TEMP. JUMPER WIRES TO TEST THE UNIT BUT STILL DOES NOT WORK. JUMPER WIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED WITH MODULE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN AND THERE IS NO SEPARATE PART LISTED FOR THE NEEDED WIRES. THEY WILL NOT REPLACE UNIT. REPLACEMENT COST IS $1709.00 TO THIS DATE AND MORE PARTS ARE ORDERED. TOTAL AMOUNT SENT THROUGH WARRANTY (PARTS & LABOR) IS $2340.18. THE SERVICE PROVIDED FOR LOWES IS A&E AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY PROFESSIONAL BUT I CAN NOT SAY THE SAME FOR LOWES WARRANTY SERVICE.

Good grief, OP, why must you shout in all caps?

Why are you complaining about Lowes and not Kitchen Aid? You do realize that Lowes didn't build the cooktop and ship it short parts.

The warranty coverage is provided through Whirlpool (They make Kitchen Aid). Seems like you should be complaining about Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid rather than Lowes.

xboxluver
@Anonymous

They're complaining to Lowe's because they bought the EXTENDED warranty plan through Lowe's and all repairs under it have to be scheduled through Lowe's after the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

@xboxluver

WRONG! read the warranty.

Lowe's does NOT warranty the product, the manufacturer does. Any warranty after the manufacturers warranty expires is sold through Lowe's but is actually provided by a third party.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Warranty service
Warranty issue
Full refund
Tags
  • Warranty Worthless

Lowes - Delivery Service Review

This is my first review in a long time. I feel that other people who are looking to order a vanity double sinks ( this is what I ordered) product should hear about my experience. I placed my order (in store- Leesburg) on October 12 and I was told that by October 25th my product should be in store for pick-up. I went back to the store not on 25 but one week after (all this time nobody bother to call me) to see what's the status of my order. Unfortunately, my product wasn't there and nobody had any idea what's going on. They started to call, or at least they pretended that they call, the company that was supposed to send the order. Well, no answer bla bla bla, and the message " sir we are going to call you once we get a call back from them......." I was very upset and for inconvenience they gave me 10℅ off, promising that they will try their best to have my product in store asap. After about two weeks of waiting , Lowe's called my wife and told her that the vanity top should be in store in about other two weeks. Of course I didn't get anything at the time Lowe's said once again. They offered me money back few times but I wanted the product because I liked the design of it. I went back again and spoke with another store manager and she was kind of bothered by my upset attitude (wow- I want to see her behavior when she will wait two months for something that was supposed to get in two weeks ) The said experience with Lowe's ended by December 21, when I was call that my order is finally in store for pick-up. I didn't leave the store until I got 20℅ more off. Two months and few weeks of waiting. Anyhow , from now on if I want something and it's not in store , Lowe's won't be my first option for sure .

You seemed to be more after a discount rather than the product, the vendor is the cause of the problem not the store, so there should be no reason to be rude to customer service who have nothing to do with it.

Obviously you think they make the products they sell in the back room. Guess what....they don't.

You ordered special order products and they are totally at the mercy of the vendor. Do you really think they want to lose the sale due to delays? No, but the offered to cancel the order and give you your money back so you could but the products elsewhere if you thought you could get them faster. You chose to wait.

Seems like they did what they could for you. Yes the order was late, but it wasn't their fault the suppliers delayed delivery.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes - Horrible Company

Horrible Company ***-bent on self-destruction. Following the path of Sears. Bought a refrigerator from Lowes. Stopped working after a week. Called to complain and ask for a replacement and was given the runaround, put on hold over and over again. The more you complain, the worse the service gets. You would think a major company like this with Home Depot as a direct competitor would work to make the customer happy, not dissatisfied. Many friends warned me not to go to Lowes. Lowes is going to disappear onto the dustbin with Sears pretty soon with this kind of "what are you going to do about it" attitude.

You obviously haven't looked at the Home Depot complaints on Pissed consumer. You, as most people don't seem to understand that the stores you buy products from don't manufacture the products they sell and are not responsible for the warranty.

It is the manufacturer that sets the terms of the warranty. In most cases the appliance manufactures won't take the product back unless it is an initial failure.

Once it's in you home and running it is covered under a warranty that covers the REPAIR of the appliance, not replacement. Don't blame the store, if you have to blame someone, blame the manufacturer.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy