Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category

After 6 years of hard work and loyalty my husband was told today he was being moved from manager to a customer service associate because of the lowes pilot program. This is devastating to say the least. Everything he has worked for has now been ripped right out underneath him. Left with the feeling of he just wasn't good enough and having to start all over again. I hope they are all happy with adding more money in their pockets and taking from people and their families . I know we are not the only ones effected by this program and feel for everyone involved . Tomorrow he starts a job in another department with his title stripped . All the store manager did was read a bull *** letter from corporate informing him he was no longer a manager , with not one once of remorse . *** lowes !! We will do better . But I will make it a point to never shop there again and tell everyone we know not to do business with a company that treats your employees like trash!

The same thing happened to my Brother after 10 years of working for Lowes! Then, the Manager has the audacity to ask him what he thinks of his future with the company and informs him that he has a bright future with Lowes and that his time there is not over.

Really? 10 years of devoted service to a company and they suddenly demote you for no reason other than they want to save money? Not to mention the fact that he was not chosen for a service manager position. Instead, 2 employees with under 6 months experience who don't even know about products in their own departments got 2 of those positions over him!

How can they ever expect any devoted employee to stay after being treated like that?

I am personally sickened by this. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for years and now I will be taking my business elsewhere!

Obviously he didn't outperform the 5 or 6 existing department managers who got bumped up to service manager. Unless it's different per store he'll retain his pay in the new position for one year allowing him to find a new position to make a permanent move to.

At least he still has a job. If Trumps starts taxing imports there will be a lot of retail jobs lost.

View more comments (2)

Lowes review: Deceitful Pricing

1.9
Lowes review - Deceitful Pricing
I just found Lowe's to be completely dishonest with their prices. Recently, I noticed online that my store had some tiles on sale from $9.91 to $2.48 until 2/28/2017 (it has an end date). Needing to get more, I looked online to see what locations have them available. This floored me. The closest store...8.3 miles away regular price $9.91, 8. 7 miles-$4.96 (sale until 2/28/2017), 11.3 miles-$5.95, 11.9 miles-$2.48, 13.2 miles-$7.93, 12.1 miles-$7.93, 15.9 miles-$5.95. All of the items on sale have an end date of 2/28/2017. Tried to get chat help. I originally asked where else can I find the tiles. I was told there was only one other store in my area that had them and they are $5.95. He was sending me to a store to pay higher even when there are closer stores for less. When I asked about the price differences, he said they were clearance items (clearance items don't have a sale end date and none of them say clearance). Then he said I had to call Customer Care. **That's another problem. Often, after spending considerable amount of time with chat help, I'm told to contact Customer Care because chat can't help. In addition, the reps helps several people at the same time, making me sit extended periods of time.** Just because of boredom, I looked and found several different items and departments with the same problem. Putting it into a different perspective, I see the item online at the store for $2.48, tell hubs to pick some up on the way home, he stops at different store and pays $9.91. That's close to bait and switch. Similarly, I could have just purchased tiles for $9.91 because I like them, then find out less than 10 miles away they were $2.48. Now I'm learning when (and if) I shop Lowe's, I should spend time on the website to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. I was advised they have a price match policy with other retailers, but the store managers do not have to match other Lowe's prices. My time, my money and my patience is more important than to be wasted on Lowe's. I should be able to depend on stores to be honest in advertising.

Having worked as a Customer Service MANAGER here... you are what we'd refer to as an uneducated, impatient, *** TW*T. Use your *** brain and just shop at the store that sells them the cheapest - and make sure you have your Lowes.com set to your zip code.

@Boss***

Its the *** point I am seeing this myself Lowes has a great price online of 64.00 on a Monrovia 1.6-Gallon Crimson Queen Japanese Maple Feature Tree but states it is unavailable for in store pick up or special ordering at any of their stores in a 50 mile radius of where I live. Yet all the stores in my area stock a 3.1 gal which is side by side damn near the same size tree but over twice the price at 179.00 what is up with that ??? Just stock the 1.6 gal size total bait and switch ***

Same thing happened to me this week. When I went back to store to repurchase item they cancelled my order when they clearly had them in stock.

Customer Service is run by teenage dropouts who continuously contradicted themselves. Home Depot is much better anyway.

Overthink things much? Just go to the store that has them for $2.48 and be done with it. For the amount of time and effort you spent investigating this world crisis, you could have purchased and installed the tiles.

@Anonymous

Clearance prices are sometimes set by quantity on hand. The more there is , the higher the price.

Different districts have different pricing.

Due to local overhead.

AND of course Corprate America is out to make a buck.

Lowe's clearance prices typically do have end dates. Most likely the tile sells well at the stores still at full price and they will be keeping it in stock.

Your gas prices are going to be wayyy different 11mi apart also....What exactly is your confusion? Were the prices online different from in store?

Were the prices posted in store different than what they charged at the register? Now I'm confused on the definition of deciet.

What's deceitful? Each store posted the price you would pay in that store. You have a choice of going to the store that has it at the los]west price if you want.

You're an ***

View more comments (8)
Pricing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Santee, California: If you cant fix it its not a lemon?

After spending over $9,000 on a new kitchen appliance package I am sad to report that the Lowes extended service plan is absolutely ridiculous. Buy your appliances and get an extended service plan at a store where they are actually going to FIX things and honor a replacement policy. 11 weeks ago our dishwasher started stopping mid cycle and an error code appeared. It could not be used. This is a "nice" dishwasher, allegedly. We called for service under our extended warranty. A week later comes the first guy and 11 weeks and 7 service visits later here we are. Not fixed, not replaced. Whats the problem you ask? Lowes requires that your appliance be repaired three time and that the repair fail three times before they will declare it a lemon. How can anything be declared a lemon if it can not be fixed even once? The warranty company cant figure out whats leaking and have guessed at what parts to order. Parts have arrived used, with hard water stains on them in the same location where the tech believes our dishwasher is leaking. The mysterious leak has shorted out other parts. Still no one can see where its leaking from even after my husband and I took turns laying on the floor during the cycle with a flash light taking pictures of anything that looked remotely wet. The service company keeps tickets open returning to the house more than once on the same call so in Lowes warranty system 7 trips to my house appears to be only 3. Seven half days off work, Seven tech appointments each at least an hour. Five parts ordered to the house. What does that cost? How much is a new Dishwasher? Ill be going to another store tomorrow to buy something new. I cant take the run around anymore. Then Ill spend 77 days on social media telling everyone who will listen about Lowes, their "extended service plan" and *** customer service. Thats one day for every day Ive been waiting for my dishwasher to be fixed. Small claims court here we come............. Enough is enough!

Mine broke 3 weeks ago.guy showed up said it was control board still waiting on a part I could order online and have delivery tomorrow What a rip-off Good news is a new Home Depot is being built close by

Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Dont buy appliances here
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes - Customer Care Review

3.0
Bought some lumber, went to get it ripped, the lumber expert says "they don't trust me to rip boards". Bought a pallet of concrete and couldent get it loaded on my low side trailer because they don't have a bobcat or skid steer, but there are 15 forklifts on site. The liscenced lift driver says "we can't trust our employees to drive a skid steer, my main issue is, lowes can afford to pay employees that they trust but instead they hire incompetence
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Lansing, Michigan: Poor customer sevice

2.9
I went into two Lowes stores here in Lansing Mi. First stores inventory was so far off they only had one of two base cabinets I was looking for so I decided to make the trip to the second location to make the whole purchase at one store seeing how I only had one eleven percent off coupon. I got to the second store and found they had everything I needed but one of the cabinets had foot prints on the door I seen they had others up in the racking system I asked the young lady if I could get a better looking cabinet and she told me that she couldn't get one of them down for me because all the people that could was unloading a truck and couldn't be bothered so I then asked the two cabinets one nice one and one with two foot prints on the doors and placed them on the cart I had found then got a countertop to finish my project and headed to the checkout. The lady at the checkout asked how my shopping went and I told her not very good as the customer service was horrible and she told me{That's to bad she hates to hear that} I was stunned and told her that I would never again step into another Lowes store and after a four hundred dollar purchase I tore the eleven percent coupon off the bottom and told her to keep it as I wouldn't return. Here is the bottom line for me there are several places to get the building materials I need so customer service in the only thing they have to keep people coming back I hope they wake up and see what is going on before it to late

so......you couldn't get any help at a self service home improvement store......how odd.

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

KILL YOUR CREDIT RATING WITH LOWES CREDIT

Years ago when LOWE'S was the only big game in town here in North Central WV, my parent and my self both had Credit accounts with LOWE'S CREDIT, in Ga. well my father passed away in 93, and my mother" paid off and closed their account". I owed about $1,700 dollars, and decided to consolidate my bills. The lender sent the money directly to LOWE'S CREDIT. Now this is where it becomes interesting, my father being a Sr. and my self Jr. with different account numbers. Well all was well until about 10 years later, when my wife checked my credit rating and found out that LOWE'S Credit was showing that that my account was still open and delinquent against my credit score. Well come to find out that Lowe's had posted the payoff on to my Parent's "closed account". We finally found my parents charge card and sent proof about their mistake, which took about another 2 Years to rectify, and they were never helpful. and had to fight them all of the way. And by the way I after about 12 years were was given an apologize, for ruining my credit
Lowes Account
Problems with payment

Lowes review: Jeld wen windows

Lowes review - Jeld wen windows
we bought an entire house of new windows from Lowe's in 2008. We paid a great deal of money for hurricane impact windows. One of the picture windows has developed a crack. neither Lowes or jeld wen want to hear about it. We have gotten nothing but a run a round. They, however, are perfectly willing for us to buy replacement glass from them at our expense!!! We have spent thousands of dollars at Lowes. The window replacement was just one project. They do not stand behind what they sell. They don't want to hear a word from you once they have your money. Jeld wenn is exactly the same. Once they have your money you are history to them. Do yourself a favor and don't spend your money at Lowes. I have every piece of paper they gave me. I have the stickers that you peel off of every window. Apparently they don't care. They seem to think that is all just so much paper. I am forwarding it all to my attorney. When you buy from Lowes save every scrap of paper. They do not honor their warrantees.

Clearly the glass didn't spontaneously break on its own. Glass does not do that.

Bad installation or impact most likely.

I'm sure Lowes would have preferred to never have sold to you in the first place (9 years after the sale and your whining. Puleeeeze).

You don't say exactly what it is that they haven't done for you that you think is covered by the warranty. Did you ever stop to think that it is you that doesn't understand what is covered by the warranty?

I don't think that if you really read what the warranty covers that you will find that it covers a crack in the glass of a 9 year old window. If it in fact did, you would have posted a copy of it to support your complaint.

It is hard to tell from the photo if there is a blind up close to the window or not. But just a thought, I have seen insulated windows especially on the south and west exposures of the hosue crack due to the sun heating up the window with a heavy blind close to it. The crack happens on the inside panel.

I don't think you understand what hurricane glass is. Hurricane glass is 2 panes of glass with a membrane laminated between them.

The glass itself can be broken but the membrane will stay intact protecting the interior of your home from damage by debris or water.

Yes, the glass may have been hit and cracked but it is still doing it's job and protecting your home. Be glad you don't have *** in your house and buy new glass.

@Anonymous

I don't think YOU understand. Nothing hit the window.

Nothing at all. Not only is the crack in the inside pane, the window is in a room of the house we rarely use.

This is a crack that just appeared from what they are calling a stress crack. Seems to me a window that is supposed to withstand a 2x4 being hurled at it in hurricane force winds should not just crack.

@Lazer

Most window manufacturers will cover a stress crack under warranty for only 6 to 12 months. You are well beyond that.

Believe it or not the diamond ring a lot of women wear can be the windows worst enemy. A light scratch on the glass while cleaning the window or even walking past it can cause the glass to crack as temperatures change.

The glass will not stop a 2x4 being hurled by a hurricane and will break when the 2x4 hits it. The membrane laminated between the outer panes will stay intact and stop the 2x4

@Anonymous

you sound like you work for lowes

@Anonymous

No, I don't work for Lowes but have sold various brands of windows for over 25 years and know enough about windows that if you tried to take Lowes or Jeld-wen to court you wouldn't win. You just don't have a valid complaint.

@Anonymous

First of all there is no blind, no diamond, no nothing near the glass. Secondly I know it won't stop a 2x4...and the laminate is what holds it together, but by the same token the glass should not just crack...I don't care how many years we are talking about.

This house has sat in the same spot for 33 years. there is nothing left to settle. I don't even care all that much if I win. I simply despise companies that promise the moon when you are buying and then have all kinds of excuses when you call them on their warrantee.

It will cost them more to defend then it will cost me to file. The reason we found the crack was because I was showing a brother in law the window as he wanted an entire house new window . He won't be buying from Jeld Wen or Lowe's now. neither could even give the courtesy of having someone come look at it....Lowes had trouble even making a phone call.

We just went elsewhere today to retile two rooms with porcelain tile...won't be Lowe's. We also plan on replacing every door in the house this year...including double front doors, and two pocket doors...no hollow...good stuff. Won't be Lowes. So spin your salesman talk.

No loss to me. When I replace the glass...huge window..will not be Jeld wen or Lowes. We spent thousands every year at Lowes...between our place in NY and in Florida. Never again.

We are also a family of 10 and a family of 5 melded with many many branches. So sad...too bad.

@Anonymous

Yes a window can crack for NO reason. I had one in the upstairs bathroom just brake in the Middle of the inside pane not the outer pane for no reason. IT surely isn't stress related being in the middle My son found it after getting in the shower only to find glass in the tub.

View more comments (9)
Jeld Wen Window
Warranty issue
$2000
Preferred solution
replace my cracked window.
Tags
  • Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes Credit Card Review

3.4
I signed up for an "interest free for one year credit card". They signed me up for the wrong one and, so far, haven't done anything to make it right! I also can't seem to pay it off! I keep owing more each month! If they can't resolve this and reimburse my interest payments, I will never shop there ever again!
Lowes Credit Card
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review: Inferior appliances

I bought a new GE washer and dryer less than 5 years ago. I've had to call a service repair man at least 4 times for the washer and once for the dryer. It seems the knobs on the boards stop working, making it impossible to turn on the machines. This has cost me hundreds in repairs. I also purchased a Kohl's toilet which has clogged, the handle is hard to flush and the seat cracked. What's going on with their products. Warrantees expired and GE charges $100. To walk in the door. I'm done with GE and Lowes. I was not given any customer service options and when I went to replace the broken toilet seat I had to buy one that was not the exact model. It doesn't fit properly and slides all over the bowl. I'm very dissatisfied with the store and the manufacturers.

I was told from a knowledgeable appliance repairman that the best washers and dryers are made by Speed Queen. Also, when Maytag was sold to Whirlpool, many of their engineers left and some went to work for Speed Queen.

It's not "their products." GE is a horrible company and multiple stores have started to disallow their products. Kohler is usually a quality product, but charges ridiculous for something that you can now get from other major product lines at a more reasonable price.

Keep in mind that most electronic components on appliances of almost every brand are now made in China. It's not a bad idea to buy a service plan on expensive appliances anymore.

View more comments (2)
Ge Appliances Washer And Dryer Combination
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Delivery Service Review

4.6
Ordered new appliances three weeks ago and still waiting on a stove and dryer. Called customer service 9 times for any information and nobody knows all they told me was we'll look into it and call you back. I got my lowes credit card statement and im paying for something i dont have yet. Xo delivery is the worst, they left me waiting 3 times and didnt show up. Customer service is very rude and could care less about my issues. Im now drying clothes on a clothes line paying for a dryer i dont have. But they offere next day delivery!! 3 weeks and counting GET IT TOGETHER!!!
Lowes Delivery Service