Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes is a badly managed company.

Lowes has very unprofessional store and corporate managers. I worked for the company as a manager for one year and have never seen or heard such unprofessionalism in my 40 years in the work force. If this would have gone on in the businesses I have helped start or have owned in the past I am sure that I would have let most of these managers and executives go. They are arogant and do not listen to experienced buniness professionals who offer their help while employed with the company. I was let go even though I helped every employee and customer solve simple and complicated problems which made customer service at the store easier for management and all employees. I will never do business with this company again or be a customer. I do not believe Lowes really cares about making life better for their customers. After vastly improving the conditions of my department and hearing this from the customers and the other employees at the store , I was told by the store manager that he saw no progress in the department. Management at every level in my educated and experienced oppinion is very incompident and lacking of the professionalism needed to continue in business.

I was insulted and assaulted by the manager of the York store recently who acted like he wasn't in his right mind and wanted to start a physical fight with me. I will never step foot in the place again. And there web site has really taken a nose dive recently also.

xboxluver

Sounds a lot like self-indulgence to me.

It's a large corporation in America.....no *** Sherlock

View more comments (2)
Employment issue

Lowes - Installation of garage door opener

I will never do anymore business with Lowes. We purchased a garage door opener and the installer cancelled 5 minutes before he was to arrive. When he came on 12/2/2016, the first thing he said was that the springs were wrong and I could have looked on Google on how the opened is supposed to work. I called Lowes, asked to speak to a manager and based on the conversation he had no apology regarding the situation. We will never do business with Lowes again based on this experience. Apparently customer service is not something you want to be great at. i know you probably will will not do anything regarding this, but as a large company, you should know that customer service is not something that is a priority to you.

You really don't explain your complaint very well. The first thing the instructions for installing an opener tell you is to make sure the springs for the door are properly adjusted.

I expect yours were not and you didn't think you should have had to pay to have them adjusted. You should be able to lift the door fairly easily, open it half way and let go of the door. The door should neither go up or down when you let go if the springs are adjusted properly. The springs are there to do most of the work of opening the door.

If the springs are not adjusted properly the gears on the opener will wear out rather quickly. My guess is this information is what he was telling you that you could find on the internet.

My guess is you bought an opener because your door was getting hard to open due to poorly adjusted springs. The installer was doing you a favor telling you about your spring problem as properly adjusting the springs would extend the life of the opener.

Lowes Garage Door Opener Installation
Cons
  • Installer or conversation with management
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes - Valspar exterior paint is ***.

I would like to start by saying that I was a painting contractor for many years. I purchased this "paint" and set about doing the prep work. I washed the surface and then applied a quality primer. After this I lightly sanded the door and applied the base coat Coverage was very sporadic with high level of streaking. I applied two more coats with a very light sanding with a fine grit paper in between coats. After the third coat, I was satisfied with the look and called it a day. Fast forward three months and the paint is chipping and flaking off. I guess it's off to Sherwin Williams. Save yourself time, money and frustration and spend the extra money for a tried and true brand of paint.

uh, Valspar is Sherwin Williams. Good luck.

A contractor would know the difference between a vendor and a retail place.

View more comments (1)
Product
Valspar Paint
Bad quality

Lowes custome service stinks

I bought some plastic totes on sale online but ordered them for store pick. I went in to the store and the lady at the front desk was not the friendliest employee but seeing its the month of December I just thought maybe they have been very busy. She called someone up to bring my totes to the front for pickup, the lady came with a cart full ( I got 24 of them ) she acted as if it was a nuisance for her to help. She said nothing when she walked up except abruptly "did you sign the form" I had no clue what she was talking about but asked, and she told me I needed to sign a paper before taking the items. At that moment I decided to contact someone about her unfriendly behavior, I wanted to ask if there was someone who could help me get the totes in my truck but I didn't dare ask for anything after having to deal with her. Before leaving I asked the other girl behind the counter what her name was and her title. I did see her badge said Robin but I wanted to be sure. I was told her name was Robin and she was the manager of that department. It is no wonder that Lowes has several rude employees if that is how they see a manager act. It really is a shame, I so enjoy shopping at Lowes. You have so much great stuff at decent prices but for this very reason I have started going to Home depo. I have to tell you, they really have great customer service, as soon as you walk in the door there is someone to say hi and they act as if they really appreciate having you there. It is amazing the difference in customer service. Their prices are a bit higher then Lowes but overall I would rather go there if I am treated better and spend a little more money. This is not the first time I have experienced this at Lowes and I bet it wont be the last unless corporate office makes big changes in the way they train their employees and require managers to make sure it happens. I don't know how Home depo does it but they make it work. I in no way write this to get anyone fired but in hopes to bring it to some ones attention how customers are made to feel while buying from Lowes. I work with a very large group that employees 3000 people, customer service is top priority and it is stressed on a daily basis on how we need to treat customers so I expect that if the company I work for can do it then any one else can. please I beg Lowes, do something about this so I can continue to shop there. this was the Lowes Home Improvement 354 S College Road Wilmington NC

Lowes in Gilbert, Arizona - Fraud Rebates

I purchased Rayovac Batteries due to signage indicating a rebate. I had issues obtaining the rebate information at the store initially and now the rebate center has denied the rebate. Lowes has completely screwed this up. The sign clearly stated buy $20 or more in Rayovac batteries and get a $5 Lowes gift card. There were no other qualifiers or conditions. They say that the common D cell batteries that I purchased do not qualify. This kind of experience will lead to me shopping elsewhere. This is a scam. Lowes refers you to the rebate center (in India or Pakistan?) and after that experience the answer is still no. Never shop Lowes again.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Difficult rebate process
  • Online customer care
  • Misleading or incorrect signage
Let the company propose a solution

LOWES ONLINE ORDERING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I am beyond disgusted with Lowes and their lack of customer service.....today is the 3rd time, i have ordered a item at Lowes.com to pick up from the store, as shipping wasnt avail, only to get a call 15 mins later from Lowes, advising they are out of the item, and my order will be cancelled.....how is this ok lowes?? do you know how frustrating it is for a customer to think they have an item, and have paid for it, only to get a call that that was just a joke?? and then to call and be told, the store just doesnt have good inventory?!?!?!?! again, how is this acceptable??? when does lowes take accountability for this??? and why cant he customer get a raincheck or something else for this issue???? i am so annoyed and will not return to lowes again!!!!!!!
Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Lowes
Order processing issue
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Online order take more than display. Order ships from several areas

This is the second time this happen to me when ordering from Lowes online. First you think your shopping from your local store but that is not the case. They send your orders to several stores across the us. So you get different delivery days. Don't look for 3-5 days it takes some items over week. And then since ships from different areas your one bill charge turns into several charges which hard to track. You look at tracking from lowes and its a joke!! you do not know where your order is. You go to the site of where it's shipping from and say delivery today yet item still across the Usa so don't think it will be here today.. I know if so important why not just go to store and get but disable and not able too! So Good bye Lowes and hello Home depot.

Did...you order a toilet..? Garage door....?

Wood...?

Tub and shower....? What are you ordering from Lowes that you'd be able to install but unable to sit in a vehicle and drive?

tazz000
@Anonymous

First did you not see disable? Second I guess you do not order from any on-line companies?.

@tazz000

I think the being disabled was the point. What you going to install disabled? You'd think driving a vehicle while sitting on your *** would tend to be less strenuous than any home improvement install.

tazz000
@Anonymous

Was not a install item... Was a online deal

View more comments (3)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Poor online tracking
Problem with delivery

Lowes - False Black Friday Advertisement

1.1
Falsely advertising products on line they don't have. And putting they have limited quantity in stock. I placed order on line, they told me wait for a confirmation email to pick it up today! i never got no email. I spoke to customer service they said its being processed! really!! its 8:00 pm I placed order at 11:00 am this morning. i called the store no one picks up kept ringing, then finally some one picks up i give them my order number they say hold on transfered me to a number that was ringing for ever. Taking people money for a merchandise you don't have !! really!! Don't take people hard earn money just to make a commission, be honest, and maybe that sale would have gone well. Order is now cancelled

People need to realize that a item may not be available online because every body is ordering the same thing at the same time and on black Friday every one is looking for better deals and those deals become available online first Lowe's store can't always be the blame for an item not being available online there are many other options to getting the product u need

aliens_amoung_us

You know how you could of solved this real quick? By going into the store.

Yes, that's the quickest way to see what you want, if they have it, and whatnot. What a concept.

Great prices on Black Friday products bring a lot of people into their stores. The same people that are there helping the crowds are the same people pulling the online orders off the floor.

Guess what... they are going to take care of the people that took time to get to the store before they run around pulling stock for armchair shoppers. The folks that made it to the store got helped as they should and they got the product. The reason they tell you not to come to the store until your order is acknowledged is to assure it was available and was pulled.

As the in-store shoppers got the product first your order was canceled and account credited. Don't see how they took your money and how anyone made a commission.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Propaganda
  • False advertisment
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Lowes - Manager Review

I went to buy two christmas trees and the manager of the store at 510 Quaker Ln, Warwick, RI 02886 refused to seel me the trees they had on display because he said he didnt want to take the trees he had for sale on the floor that was bare to put back for display so he lost out on 2 sales. Poor customer service

Someone will buy them they will sell out. They don't need you but if you need the tree enough you'll buy it if you don't you wont. The world still rotates.

Stores don't sell the display trees before the stock is sold or the season ends for a reason. First, if you don't have a display people don't see what the completed tree looks like and they loose sales.

Second is that it takes time to build and decorate a display with means their employees aren't helping their customers while they are building another display. Just because they didn't sell you 2 displays doesn't mean they didn't sell a dozen from stock because they kept the displays.

A sale should be a sale

@Anonymous

Displays are called displays for a reason. They are on DISPLAY so that you can see what the STOCK in the box looks like. The stock is what is for sale, not the display.

@Anonymous

It was a real tree not a fake one

@Anonymous

What part of display do you 1) not want to "get" or 2) not want to understand?

View more comments (5)

Lowes - Waste of time & money

1.5
I went in to Lowe's looking for patio doors. I explained to them that my doors are very old and probably an odd size. The guy at the desk had me set up an appointment with someone to come out to my house to take measurements, and then he said that we can order one after that. It cost around $50 just to have someone come out to measure. At no point did anyone tell me that a custom size would be so difficult. After the measurements were taken, i went in to Lowe's to discuss my options. The first time i went in, the person at the desk had no idea what he was doing – he had a hard time even finding my file! SO i came back a second time, and the person was helpful and put in for two quote requests. I get a call back a few days later that one door manufacturer can't /won't make it. And that he'll call back with the other quote. A few more days passed and i finally called them, and after mumbling on the phone for a good 5 minutes, the price he gave me to have these custom size doors made (smaller than typical doors) was so astronomical that there is no way i can afford it. He couldn't offer me any other help. SO, basically i spent that money to have measurements taken for nothing! Also, they clearly don't have enough options to take on a real job. And most of the personnel i dealt with weren't very knowledgeable and couldn't offer me what i needed (except for the person who requested the quotes – he was competent). And now winter is coming, i wasted all this time with Lowe's only to find out that they can't help me, and now i have to start over with someone else. I wouldn't bother with them for anything important for your house.

You started with Lowes and were more than likely quoted the price for Pella doors which tend to be a more expensive door to start with. Custom sizes will cost even more.

You will find a vinyl door will be more affordable than a wood door.

Your post doesn't give a location but you might look for a store that can order Jeld-Wen or Crestline doors. Both companies will build a custom door for a lower price than Pella.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Couldnt offer me what i was looking for
  • Poor turn around time
  • Incompetent staff
Full refund