Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's online Order

1.3
I have ordered washer & Dryer online, I placed the order based on the availability from the local store. The local store calls me at the end of the day saying they do not have the Dryer in stock. If they do not have something in stock why would they even commit the order? the lady from the store says their stocking levels which shows online are not up to date and delayed by would days. Really??? why would they even entertain the online ordering system for the customers??? They simply called me and say that they are cancelling my order, they did not even check to see if the item is available in other stores. Really sucks !!! Order#328476819
Review
Pros
  • Would rate zero stars if i could
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Why is she still there?

I worked at a local Lowe's and was threatened by a coworker. She was pregnant and threatened to have someone come and hurt me. I ended up taking a couple of days off and when I came back I told mgmt that i would take responsibility for what happened because she was pregnant. I also told them it was because I was scared for my and my families lives. Mgmt did nothing because she was pregnant. Their solution was to move me to another department. I left because of the stress. Since leaving she has threatened another employee and they moved her too. There are so many other stories that I would be here all night writing about them. She only sturs things up at the store WHEN she bothers to show up. She also lies on clocking in by getting others to do it for her and also has tons of mispunches. They havent done anything. Why is she still there after a year of her causing trouble with other employees? How is she able to get away with what she does around there? And no she is not a good worker.
Other issue
Let her go.

Lowes - Review in Supermarkets and Malls category

2.1
brought a gas dryer with installation on 11/3 it is now 11/19 and have not been contacted by anyone concerning the installation. forced to go back to store where i spoke to the install manager who assured me that someone would be calling because the dryer was in. that was over a week ago. Now ism going back to the store to cancel the whole order for non performance by lows. What a joke of a store never again.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Lowe's Dishonered Price Match

We went to Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ on 11/18/2016 to buy 3 appliances worth over $4000 and they did not honor to match their price with their competitors price for one of the item we wanted to buy (printed papers for the lower price offer) and the appliance department manager, I believe the name was Kevin, gave us every excuse not to match that price but he agreed to match other two appliances prices surprisingly. For the item that he didn't want to price match, first he said he can not match because they are not MAJOR competitor (the price given was a local appliance store and they also sell online), and then he said their price on the website is not discounted right away (because the discount was like see the price on the checkout type on their website), and after all his excuses proven wrong his final excuse was that as a store department manager he has power to deny any price and he used his privilege not to honor their price match guarantee. The reason he kept giving me was that price difference is too much according to him (difference was $350 for that item) They have offered us again to price match with the other two appliances (because their prices were not much different $150 for two items) we have refused and left Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ without any purchase because of their dishonest and unprofessional practice. Our next stop was the Home Depot of Lodi. After we showed the same offers and printed papers to their store manager, they have matched all the prices right away any question asked. Their store manager was so professional and she processed our purchase quickly and explained everything in detail. We ended up adding also 3 years protection plan from them for all three appliances. Our total bill was $4200 and we saved approx $500. So if you are planning to buy appliances or any home improvement items and need price match just go to Home Depot, don't even bother with Lowe's.

I don't understand why some losers putting their idiotic comments here. Scam the store out of business?

Seriously? The real scammers are them since they do not stand behind their promotion.

Yes, they are dishonest because they are trying to get rid of you by using BS reasons at first and once you question their BS reasons , they start taking different steps which is still questionable. It clearly states in their policy however when it comes to applying it they are becoming incompetent.

So i didn't get how did you get to the conclusion that i was scamming them? By just asking something that they are offering ?

Like you mentioned if i was a dishonest scammer like some people there are tons of way to do that, however I was ready to pay $4000 instead of $4700 that was the whole deal.

The reason that i did not wanted to get it from Lowe's was because i also had a discount coupon from Lowe's then i learned that they would not apply any other coupons if they are price matching.

Also i wanted to have protection plan from Home Depot or Lowe's instead of the local store which seemed more reliable to me.

As i mentioned Home Depot has price matched because everything was legit in this case otherwise they would not agree as well.

They are dishonest... because they said no up front?

They never lied to you. They are unprofessional because they couldn't afford it on that product but offered a total of $300 off of the two other appliances that they have more margin on in order to compensate for your inconvenience?

Failed scam=your fault. If you were smart you would've just took the deal kicked them all during install blamed the install guy and got wayyy more back.

Just go where the best price is for the product you want to buy.

It is that simple.

I have to wonder why you didn't just go to the local store that had the lower price in the first place. You usually get better service at the local shops.

Is the reason you went to Lowes was that the local shop wouldn't honor the price (misprint in the ad) or didn't have any more available at that price? Seems like you are leaving part of the story out in your complaint.

offconsumerpissed

I wish these companies would just do away with the "price match" BS. It leads to customers like the one above coming in and trying to scam the store out of business.

You found the product for a lower price somewhere else? Cool story. Go buy it somewhere else. At the end of the day, things like "price match" doesn't impact normal people.

We go out looking for a product.

If the price is too much, we go buy it elsewhere. No reason to look like a pathetic *** begging for a handout.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Deal
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania - DANGEROUS PLACE

2.4
We were in local Lowe's in Mechanicsburg Pa STORE # 2223 on Saturday We were getting supplies to replace a porch roof, my husband and I were in the back left corner of the store talking about other materials we needed when I heard a noise and jumped...... It was a good thing I jumped when I did, two pieces of wood come flying at me. Now if I hadn't jumped when I did I would have ended up in the hospital with wood sticking out of my head. The man that was cutting wood didn't even say I'm sorry or Are you okay??? I went up to the Service Manager and reported the issue and I practically had to run to keep up with the pace the manager was walking and when the manager got back to the area the man who had been cutting wood was no place to be seen. I was so shaken up by the issue I ended up with a migraine. So far the ones able to say I'm sorry are the customer service department that we have called 3 times to complain about this issue. The man using the saw should not be working at Lowe's. He has no respect for the customers or for the machinery he has to work with. LOWE"S Manager say they have taken care of the issue and have TALKED TO THE MAN THAT WAS USING THE SAW,, TALKED TO THE MAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? This happened on Saturday November 12, 2016 as of today NOT ONE PERSON FROM THE MECHANICSBURG PA STORE #2223 HAS SAID ARE YOU OKAY OR I"M SORRY Lowe's has lost two very loyal customers. This weekend when we have to purchase more supplies for other projects we are doing around the house we will be going to HOME DEPOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a a Lowes this morning. Weekends at these home improvement stores is crazy.

Everyone has their dog. I saw at least 6 small children running around. Dad to stop many times to avoid running into one. No parents in site.

These wanna be's

Watch tv, then think they are now builders!

The store part should be on these shows, so people don't think

That its Macy's.

aliens_amoung_us

It was an accident, wasn't done on purpose. However, the guy was rude by not apologizing.

Luckily you weren't hurt. We all have to be on alert when at a home improvement place, as things do happen.

WOW!!! You weren't hurt and you expect them to fire someone due to an accident.

Do you really think he meant for that to happen? Look lady, you were shopping in a home improvement store where a variety of dangerous equipment is used. You weren't in a fabric store in a mall.

Stores do their best to protect both their customers and employees but anytime you are in an environment where tools or heavy equipment like forklifts are used, accidents can happen. This was an accident and fortunately no one was hurt but to expect them to take someones job away because you got a little headache is ridiculous.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Being treated like my life does not matter
Dangerous environment

Lowes - LOWE'S (POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE) LAKEWOOD 10555 WEST COLFAX AVENUE, LAKEWOOD, CO, 80215 (303) 234-5840

I'm a builder and a couple weeks ago purchased two Pella windows and ordered grilles for the windows at an additional cost. Yesterday I picked up the grilles and found out they were the wrong size. I went to the window and door dept and talked with Charles a real *** that should not be working with the public. Charles blamed me for the mistake. Fact is when I purchased the windows they ordered the grilles in their system. I'm at a point now on another house and needed a quote for 43 windows, three french doors and many interior doors. This sale would of n=been over $50,000 Charles was such a sub par sales person that I did not even let him bid on my new project. Advise everyone to stay away for Charles. A total waste of time and space.

Builder....like Bob....? Can you fix it?

Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes in Gaithersburg, Maryland - Un-satisfied and frustrated Customer

Lowes Gaithersburg, MD Fence Department and myself made a contract to install Heavy duty, powder coated, four rails six feet aluminum fence. They installed Regular painted three rails aluminum fence , two weeks after the promised date and after several failed calls and email communication. I reported them that I am totally disappointed and dis-satisfied, Now I am not able to contact the customer service,and there is no action. Looks like they do not exists and pretend that they did not do anything wrong. I do not recommend them Lowes, their service for any service from Lowes.I am a pissed customer.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Unwilling to help
  • Promised product quality and service are very bad
  • Lack of responsibilty
Damaged or defective
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes in Bardstown, Kentucky - POOR SERVICE!

I purchased a new dishwasher (via the web) for my mother for her birthday. I purchased it via the web but through the Bardstown, Kentucky store. On the web, I purchased the dishwasher and was prompted to pay extra to have the old one removed (which I did) and was also prompted to purchased the connecting kits (which I did). At no time on the web did it ask me about "installing" the dishwasher. After following up on the purchase, I was told there would be an additional charge of $119 to have it installed. I was fine with that but wish it could have been arranged during the original purchase. So, I paid to have it installed. Paying this later than the order delayed getting delivery of the dishwasher. Then the fiasco of dealing directly with the store in Bardstown where I never spoke with more ignorant and rude people. The would have to arrange for the installer to contact me.... I was further told the installer would come to the store, pick up the dishwasher and deliver it and install it. No one in the store new about my order or anything associated with it (I had to educate them and get all paperwork together for them to be able to do their jobs). One staffer schedules the installer, one only handles the transaction of appliance, and one poor soul was given the task to initially contact me to tell me about delay after delay. Darren at the store could have cared less about getting me/us taken care of. Same with Sandy Gillespie and Jason Rider (the poor soul I spoke of). The installer finally came on the 16th to install it....but it hadn't been delivered (he went to the store, spent over an hour trying to track the dishwasher down....then was told be Lowe's staff the dishwasher was delivered to my mother yesterday. Guess what...no dishwasher delivered. Then the installer called the store (in the meantime ( called the store manager to complain). The latest is that it will be installed sometime within the next four hours. We'll see! If I ever purchase anything from Lowe's again, I hope someone shoots me!
Lowes Delivery Service
Loss
Preferred solution
To call me and apologize for employees being so inept!

Lowes - Pergo laminate floor has got pieces are chipping off the corners.

We purchased Pergo flooring from you and we have corners breaking off. I can't find the original receipt,but I have the papers for the quote!! We still have a box of flooring. Lowes said they would look there,but they can't find it. Then I was told they would look again but it would take 10 days. We still have not heard anything. I can't believe there is no receipt there!!! We have Pergo all through the house and we purchased all of it there at Lowes. Because our insurance we could have you install in the kitchen,but the rest we had a friend install it. We go to Lowes all the time and we have even purchased even appliances there. We won't buy another thing there if something isn't done.
Product
Pergo Laminate Flooring
Bad quality

Lowes in Castle Rock, Colorado - Horrible Service

The Lowes in Castle Rock Colorado should be a case study in poor customer service. We went in on a quiet weeknight and purchased a dishwasher. We purchased installation service. We were told we would receive a call the next day from a schedular to set up installation. Two days later we get a call saying we will get a cal from the installer on when they would come. Three days later, we call Lowes to say no one has called to actually schedule. The next day we get a call. My husband answered. The person on the line says "yeah, I got a text saying to call this number." Really? REALLY? No, hello I'm calling about your install? No name offered? Well, we establish why he called and he tells us he will call back later or the next morning to, and this is a quote "when I can come by". I now feel like they think they are doing a favor not providing a service we paid for. And of course he didn't call until two days later - a Sunday. He says he will be by Monday between three and five. At quarter till five he called and said he was running at least 1/2 behind. My husband declined his services. He then called Lowes and was issued a refund. But does the fun stop? Of course not. I get an email of the refund receipt and low and behold, they didn't issue a full refund. They skipped right over an entire item. Now why the person performing the task couldn't take a moment to notice the totals were different is beyond me. Other than attention to detail and basic math skills seem to be as poor as the customer service. So I call on a Tuesday late morning. The gal answering listens to my problem and says she will call me back in 20 minutes because she has 3 customers. Why? Why did you answer the phone? No, they never called back. I call back on my drive home. The exchange is going so badly I actually arrive at the store to expedite a refund. As I walked to the customer service desk, the man working there...walked away. He stood for several minutes talking to 2 other co-workers. So I called the store. When the phone rang he trotted over to the desk bi hung up and reminded him we just spoke on the phone. He took 5 minutes but I got the refund. It wasn't a lot, but absolutely would Lowes get one penny from me. Not now: not ever.
Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Worst delivery experience
Tags