Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Yuma, Arizona: Water Heater

3.4
Bad, I did not buy this heater myself my neighbor did and installed it for us (my husband and I), the heater has also been a headache. It could keep the water heated and would turn off and I had to go and light the pilot over and over my neighbor would come and check the wiring and could find anything wrong, I finally went to Lowe's because It is a Whirlpool and asked the salesman what would be wrong with this heater since it was about 2 years old. He mentioned the thermocouples. I bought one and maybe this will help. I am tired of lighting this sucker everytime I take a long bath or shower.
Acey

You didn't mention the brand. Ordinarily, you should contact the manufacturer when under warranty.

Is it? Check your paperwork and see what the time frame is for warranty work.

This is why it is a good idea to buy a water heater from a local plumbing company---not a big box store. Good luck, but check the warranty as the time period is different for different parts of it.

Whirlpool Water Heater
Pros
  • That i did get the discount
Bad quality
Tags
  • baseboard heaters

Lowes Customer Care Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I just came from the Warrington,Pennsylvania Lowe's and did not have a great experience. I wanted to buy several bags of mulch and was looking for one of the flat steel carts. I went to several of the staff and asked where they were and I was told go out the parking lot and find one. The cashier in the garden center was not friendly and was not open to my suggestion that someone bring some carts in from the parking lot for people to use. Aaron Drellich, store manager, this is an issue you should address.

How many carts did you walk by in the parking lot that you could have grabbed knowing you would need one, and possibly there might not be one available in the store?

Lowes review in Apollo Beach, Florida: Patio table and chairs

2.6
Lowes review - Patio table and chairs
Customer service was appalling. Tried to buy merchandise from two different stores. One had no table so I called another store and asked if the table they had in stock could be sent to store closer to my home. I was told other store would have to pick it up. Called first store again and was told they couldn't do that. Then I was told they did not have the chairs I needed even though I was originally told they did. Told to order on line, so I did. I received one defective chair. Will attempt to get that resolved. Wish me luck.
Hennie

Replace chair asap. Thank you

Hennie

Defective chair has bent rear leg

View more comments (1)
Garden Treasures Classics Cascade Creek Patio Chair
Pros
  • Would rate zero stars if i could
Cons
  • Terrible customer service
  • Staff incompetent
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Union, New Jersey: Worst customer service

This store is the worst! I will never spend another dollar in this store. I was kept waiting for more than 15 minutes to get help with 11 40lb bags of top soil (lifting onto cart and loaded into car). Had to ask for a manager before someone finally shows up. He puts the bags on the cart and leaves!!! I again ask for a manager and after another 15 minutes and no one showing up I left with my money in my pocket and will never return! This DIY girl will go out of her way to go to the Home Depot from now on!!!

I spend two minutes looking for someone to assist me, and after I found him, another two minutes waiting until he fifinished socializing with his friend. It was about 9:20 am. Not too many people in this store at this time but they are just terrible with people

Can't be too much of a "DIY girl" if you need people to carry a small your bags of soil !!

Do you think perhaps people may have been helping others ?

Must everything stop just to help you?

I've noticed that a lot of people like this DIY lady here think that everyone should drop everything they are doing to help them .....I feel bad for her husband.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: LOUSY customer service

Yesterday, I placed an online order for two packages of grommets totaling $2.34. I did so because Lowes online ordering and pickup is supposed to save me time. I arrived at the store in Harrisburg, PA to pickup the order, and only one person (Dom) was working in customer service. She was helping another line with returns. After a good 10 - 15 minutes I asked her to alternate between the two lines. She ignored me, did not even acknowledge that I had spoken. I asked her again several times, and each time it was if I had not even spoken. After I had been waiting at least 30 minutes, Donna showed up and punched in. She then proceeded to help a customer who TOLD HER that he had already been helped, despite my objections. It yet took another associate showing up after I had been waiting aver 40 minutes to get me these grommets! I took down the telephone number of the store manager as I left and called in, getting the service desk. They supposedly transferred me to Stephen, the manager, but I suspect it was not really him, Whoever I spoke with said that this was "unacceptable" and that he would talk to the two people I mentioned, but he did not want me coming back in to the store from the parking area from where I was calling when he did so. I am infuriated with the entire experience, and will most likely be taking my future business to Home depot. Although this purchase was small, I am the owner of an old home with an acre of property, and I have done a *lot* of business with Lowes in the past.
Kaidin

Most all grommets are right down in Hardware section... it would have taken you 4 minutes to walk down and get them.

Unless you are too "lazy"& I do believe that's the case here not to save time

It's a new trend by millennials to walk in the store sit down at customer service bench and do all their shopping online, "on their ***" It is not about saving time it's about being too darn lazy to walk around the store!!!

They then get upset if the stuff isn't brought up to the CS desk immediately or within 15 minutes

Sorry but most sales associates are busy helping the non-lazy customers actually walking around the store to buy stuff I've seen this many times so when they send down an internet order I do not fill it until all my "in store" customers are all set.

Sounds like you would have saved yourself alot of time and trouble over $2.34 if you just got off your lazy ***, grabbed your grommets, went through the check out and went home.

@Anonymous

Hoorah, tell it, my brother!!!

Did you read the part where she was upset because she couldn't watch the sales associate get yelled at by the manager what and evil p[erson huh?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
Tags
  • Customer Service Lowes

Lowes Manager Review

My assistant manger jeff is sleeping with my head cashier marisa . she has told me they are cheating the system . im not sure what to do i feel uncomfortable knowing all this not only that they are stealing but im sure there is some rule about mangers dating employees .
Lowes Manager

Lowes review: Door Review from Springfield, Massachusetts

1.8

Update by user Apr 20, 2016

After over a month of delays in my special order, someone finally reached out about a possible ship date. If they get anywhere the date they are saying, it would be a month past when they said they would get it and a month and a half since they took the order.

A white month went by before they came up with the latest date, communicated in a cold impersonal email.

No apologies, no empathy, just a cold stating that maybe you'll get your special order by months end.

They knew it last week, 2 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago.

4 weeks ago.

They just refused to communicate with me.

Many emails and phone calls to their Customer Care which always end with someone from senior management will contact you within 24 hours but it never happened until 4 weeks, a whole month went by. They still haven't fixed MYLOWES to accurately reflect the status of my order.

Horrible, horrible customer service.

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2016

Horrible special order experience. I ordered a dpecial order door on 3/17. Supposed to arrive 4/5. I should have run from the store just in trying to get someone who knew how to order it. I was in the store for 40 minutes before an assistant manager figured it out. I talked to someone in the department - no go. I talked to a specialist - closer but no go. I went to an assistant manager - very unfriendly, not at all making me feel comfortable that he knew what he was doing. Always trust your instincts because it just went downhill from there. Less than a week later I was looking adt mylowes for the status of another dpecial order I had placed through lowes.com. I noticed my shower door was refunded. I didn't refund it oe cancel it what is going on? I try calling the store several times and get no satisfaction so I decide to go there. I explain the whole thing to another assistant manager. He convinces me that there is still a door on order. Went through the whole mylowes problem and he said hhe doesn't know how that works but that they still owe me a door - even though I don't have anything that shows that and mylowes is incorrect. He said it's still scheduled to be here 4/5 but he can verify this tomorrow. Still waiting on that call. Fast forward to 4/5. No door. No communication of any kind from Lowes. Called the store on 4/6. Tried to resolve it over the phone, unsuccessfully. Decide to go to the store. On the way to the store someone from Lowes calls and tells my wife the door won't be there until the 15th now. Why didn't they call? Now I am pissed off. I ask to speak to the assistant manager that ordered the door. After several pages the associate says he must be out to lunch. They'll have him call me. Still waiting for that call, too. Supposed to be 2 weeks to get the door, now pushed back to almost 4 weeks. If it comes on the 15th. It doesn't. They don't call about that either. I go back to the store and ask an associate to look at the order. The new date is the 25th. I ask what the *** is going on. I am told it didn't come in on the 15th so someone just moved the date back and it doesn't necessarily mean it will be here on the 25th. Now I am livid. I ask two different people for name and contact information for the next level of management above the store. It is the district manager. They tell me his name but won't provide a way to contact him. Still no dood. The store had never contacted me to let me know what the problem is. They cannot let me know when I might receive the door. They don't care about me. Horrible, horrible customer service. If the assistant store manager cares so little about customers, what chance do you have that anyone else in the store cares about customers. They don't. Avoid this store. You will be sadly dissapointed. Throughout this whole experience I have been calling and emailing the Customer Care (please rename to Customer don'tCare to
Door
Cons
  • Employees not exhausting every avenue to assist me
  • Being treated like i was bothering them
  • Low confidence level
Order processing issue

NEVER ORDER FROM Springfield MA,LOWES

Im doing my bathroom renovation and ordered on 24 March 2016 from Lowes the following items, shower base, shower doors and shower head. The expected arrival of the items are on April 08, I received message on April 04 that shower base is available. I went to Springfield Lowes but they cant find the shower base, As per Assistant Store Manager the item is sold to somebody. He reorder the shower tub and he convince us to order more items from their store. We ordered Jacuzzi whirpool bath tub and inline heaters with expected date of 16 April 2016. Received bath tub and inline heater last 14 April but not the shower base and shower door. Today 18 Apr l received a call from Lowes that items are available, but when we went to Lowes the shower base still not available. Never order from lowes!!!!
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Saint Louis, Missouri: Wont take my money

I spent the afternoon placing an order online for delivery. It was mostly a new garage door and a little lumber I would need for that. Got to the point where I put my CC# in, and this red message tells me to contact customer service. I don't know why. I call them with the order still on the screen and the young lady makes me read all the item numbers in the list to her. We get to the point where I'm ready to give her my CC# again (this is taking all day) and she says they have to connect me to a store. Fifteen minutes on hold, then they hung up. She calls me back and apologizes for the hassle, tries to connect me again and they don't pick up again. WHAT THE **** DOES IT TAKE to place an order there? How many hours am I expected to spend trying to do this simple thing?? They say the DMV and the post office are nightmares, but I always find it's service like this that is the biggest time waster in my life.
Review
#832034 Review #832034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Salisbury, North Carolina: Tried to return a gift i got.

2.6
I recently received a under ground fence for my three dogs since we were moving and had to way to contain our dogs. After talking to many people that said the fences didn't work that great i decided to take it back and just exchange for a 10 x 10 kennel. When i took it back the lady said that she couldn't take it back without a receipt because it was a high priced item. I explained to her that i got as a gift and did not have the receipt. She then said that i better call whoever gave it to me and get the receipt. I ask her what made this item a (high dollar item) and she couldn't tell me just kept saying i needed the receipt. I ask her if there were certain items that have to have a receipt did the cashiers remind customers of this? She said it wasn't Lowe's job to tell all the customers and they should have ask!! about the return policy....I kept trying to get an answer on what made this item special that i had to have a receipt only to get know where. Then a lady manager butted in and told me that they (not Lowe's) have the right to decide if they need a receipt ?? I have never been treated like this before at Lowe's and can assure it want happen again !!. I thought managers were suppose to help with the issue in this case she just made it worse. Poor Training and poor leadership leads to this. Oh and the problem with hiring individuals that shouldn't be in customer service!!

Most stores have policies like this especially with high priced items. Why throw a temper tantrum, it won't get you anywhere. Not only that people find it funny when an adult throws a temper tantrum like some four year old when they don't get what they want.

@Anonymous

i have a better idea, be slaves to corporations and accept whatever *** they do... I hope youre not part of a union at work, because they "throw temper tantrums" too.

I hope youre not "pro police" becuase they throw "temper tantrums" when they dont get their way too. I hope you dont vote, because the political leaders throw temper tantrums too.

You see, in this country, we actually THINK. sorry...

Kaidin

That is not Lowes policy if you asked for a manager he/she would have returned it ...especially for a store credit but not for cash without a receipt. At my store I've seen them return stuff we do not even sell, Home depot items

First, you need to understand that retail stores are under no obligation to take anything back once it is sold. You were trying to return a high priced high theft item.

If in fact it was purchased, rather than stolen, someone should have a receipt.

Once you have the receipt, if there is one, return the fence. If you can't get a receipt don't expect them to give you a refund for a product that wasn't paid for.

You have to be able to provide proof of purchase to any retailer on any item regardless of how expensive it is to get a refund or exchange. That is the law.

This is to protect retailers from people that steal items and try to return them for cash or exchange for something that was too big to sneak out under there coat. Thousands of people try this scam everyday.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Help from employees