Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes advertisment designed to make you come into store

I was looking for led bulbs on the internet after Christmas for deals. Lowe's $.99 a bulb 60 watt replacement. I got to store they say it was black Friday that was weeks ago I told they should take that off the internet I drove 60 miles to get these bulbs. I thought I could trust the computer for amount and stock. But to my dismay the next day same thing in my search for led bulbs after I told the, they should remove their store from the search. America has lost its edge Lowes doesn't care the business comes in lie cheat and steal! This the 3rd strike for me never again for Lowes I know when people just want to take your money they don't care how they get it!
#1119578

sounds like what happened to me but i knew it was my fault.

my browser had a saved page for home depot showing their black friday deals when i thought i was online checking out that weeks sales.

went to the store and found out obviously the items i wanted, a shop vac and some others, were in fact NOT on sale. i checked their website on one of their terminals and the correct page showed.

when i got home i realized that my laptop had somehow become disconnected from the wifi and i was in fact looking at a cached page. once i fixed that issue, the hd page reloaded with the same page i had just seen in the store.

You can't remove yourself from 'searches' on the internet. Search engines cache and save pages and information.

This is your fault. Call the store and confirm stock before driving 60 miles (who does that?) to save a few cents on some light bulbs.

@Anonymous

I completely disagree - we have come to depend on ecommerce - it should be accurate, we should be able to trust it. But more important, if the website advertised it at that store, the store should have provided a comparable product at the same price - otherwise it seems very much like false advertising to me.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Replacement

Lowes - Keys Review from Sparta, Georgia

Hate Lowes. Walked in to get keys made. The customer service person acted like we were bothering her. She pointed is to where we should go, major attitude, and when I said there wasn't anyone there she to wait while she called. Waited for 8 minutes (we started timing... Lol) and no one ever showed. Goodbye Lowes, hello Home Depot. Second time this has happened. First time was getting fencing installed. Noone could be bothered to help or even give info and we walked away and had it done somewhere else.

You will find more stores going to automated, self service key machines for just this reason. Stores don't make any money cutting keys.

Between the cost of the blank and the labor involved, there is no profit.

The same people that cut keys are also selling products that stores do make a profit on. Do you think that salesperson is going to leave someone they are selling a profitable item to so they can run over and cut a key?

Poor customer service

Lowes in Bridgeport, Connecticut - Poor Customer Service with Install Department

2.8
ORDERED CUSTOM SHADES FROM LOWES IN MILFORD. RECEIVED PHONE CALL COMING TO MEASURE NEXT TUESDAY. CALL CAME IN ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY. I COMMENTED AND SAID GREAT, I DID NOT EXPECT IT SO SOON. NEXT TUESDAY WAITED THE TWO HOUR WAIT PERIOD AND FINALLY CALLED THE INSTALLER, DENNIS, AND HE SAID THERE WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING. APPOINTMENT WAS FOR THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY. THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY THE INSTALLER CAME TO MEASURE (NOT DENNIS) 1-1/2 HOURS LATE TO MEASURE FOR SHADES. DENNIS IS THE BOSS I WAS TOLD BY THE MEASURER. SHADES CAME IN AND WERE INSTALLED ON 23RD OF DECEMBER. NICE GUY AND PERSONABLE (SAME ONE WHO MEASURED). INSTALLED SHADES IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. GAVE HIM A GENEROUS TIP AND HE LEFT. APPROX. 3 DAYS LATER ONE SHADE FELL OFF FROM THE BRACKETS. (I WAS NOT PRESENT, DO NOT LIVE THERE AS YET). MY CONTRACTOR WAS THERE WHEN IT FELL OFF THE WINDOW. CALLED DENNIS-OWNER AND LEFT MESSAGE TO CALL ME AT HOME (WHERE I LIVE). NO RETURN PHONE CALL. WAITED TWO DAYS AND THEN CALLED LOWE'S TO COMPLAIN. THEY SAID THEY KNEW ABOUT IT AND WOULD RECEIVE A CALL FROM THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY (DENNIS). NO CALL. CALLED DENNIS AND HE SAID HE CALLED ME AND LEFT ME A LENGTHY MESSAGE. NEVER RECEIVED IT. FOUND OUT HE CALLED ME ON MY CELL PHONE WHICH I ONLY USE FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. I HAD PREVIOUSLY ASKED HIM TO CALL ME AT MY HOME NUMBER AND LEFT IT FOR HIM. I REQUESTED THAT SOMEONE COME OUT THE NEXT DAY TO FIX THE SHADE, HE SAID "OH NO, NOONE IS COMING OUT TOMORROW".. I THEN LOST IT AND TOLD HIM THIS WAS THE 3RD DAY THIS SHADE WAS DOWN. HE SAID THAT SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE TAMPERED WITH IT BECAUSE ONCE A SHADE IS UP, IT'S UP. I TOLD HIM I WAS REPORTING HIM TO LOWE'S AND HUNG UP ON HIM. THIS IS THE 4TH DAY AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE FROM LOWE'S TO CALL ME. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE INSTALL DEPARTMENT OF LOWE'S (NO ONE FROM LOWE'S EVER CALLED ME). THEY SAID THAT THEY WERE ON THE PHONE WITH DENNIS AND THAT DENNIS WAS TRYING TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT AS WE WERE SPEAKING. MIGHT I ADD THAT IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 1 MINUTE OR LESS TO SCREW THESE BRACKETS IN. (ELECTRIC SCREWDRIVER) BUT IT IS TAKING HIM 4-5 DAYS FOR HIM TO GET SOMEONE OUT TO MY HOUSE????????? DOES THIS MAKE SENSE, IS IT RIGHT? VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PART OF THE OWNER OF THIS INSTALLATION COMPANY. I HAVE JUST RENOVATED MY ENTIRE NEW CONDO AND SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AT LOWE'S IN MILFORD. RECORDS CAN BE CHECKED. ALL NEW APPLIANCES, BACK SPLASH AS WELL AS MANY OTHER ITEMS NEEDED TO RENOVATE AND THIS IS HOW I AM TREATED. NEVER AGAIN. I SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH JC PENNY FOR MY CUSTOM SHADES. VERY VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Lowes Installation
Pros
  • Products and their cashiers
  • Sales associates
Cons
  • How they have handled this situation
  • Bad service
  • His total lack of concern for my needs
Loss
  • Customer Care Not Helpful

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Poor Customer Services and Malfunctioning Phone System

I placed my 1st order online to be picked up gulfgate store houston, tx store that said it had it available. I even entered my credit card and received confirmation order # that it has been submitted. When I called pasadena, tx store to make sure they had my online order for pickup, message said store is now closed, but website said store closes at 9:00. Called Gulfgate store so I can pickup my 2nd order and they said they close at 9:00 so I had almost an hour to get there. When I drove 45 miles to get to the store, the lady at customer service said my order was cancelled. I never received any form of contact that it was cancelled. I called corp office and spoke to Nick #1940475. He said it is available for delivery at full price and delivery would be an additional $79. He would not offer it to me for the price I paid for it online nor deliver it to the store for free. I told him that was bait and switch tactics or false advertisement and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he was the manager. I asked to speak to his boss and he said there was no one above him as if he was the CEO and owner of Lowe's. I told him I will be submitting my complaint to the better business bureau, as well as any media station and newspaper that would be more than happy to provide negative publicity for Lowe's. I asked why does phone message say a pasadena store is closed at 8:10 but the internet says it closes at 9:00. He said their phone system has a problem that they are trying to resolve. I asked him how was I suppose to verify if my order is ready for pickup if I cant get through. He said dial 0. I called pasadena store again at 8:45 and dialed 0 and customer service said they are open until 9:00. I told her I could have picked up my order 30 minutes ago had their phone system not tell me they were closed. She said it only says that 15 minutes before closing. I told her I called at 8:10 not 8:45 and it said store were closed. She said she never heard that as if I were lying to her and said store will be closing in 12 minutes. I told her it would take me at least 15 minutes to get there and she repeated the store will be closing in 12 minutes. I am extremely disappointed in Loews and will no longer shop there. Your customer service stinks and they do not attempt to help or make things right.
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • False advertisement
  • Bait and switch tactics
  • Unwilling to help
Reason of review
order it when it was half off. Now they want full price before they deliver
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
  • Malfunctioning Phone System

Lowes in Warsaw, Missouri - Terrible service, injured hand and went to Menards

12-6-15 1:30 pm We arrived to pick up online order and other items. The on line order was not ready and no one there to help. We also needed 2x12x12s. Again, no help. The 2x12x12s were high on rack, could find no help and we dropped one on my hand and injured the base of thumb on right hand. My hand was black, blue & painful for a week. We finally found and asked an employee for help. He left and said would be back with a fork lift. We waited over fifteen minutes, he did not return. Told cashier what happened, did not pick up online order. Drove 120 miles round trip to Menards & spent over $400 there. Go to Menards for better service, prices & far better selections as we have since 1977.

Lowes - Cashier Review from Cookeville, Tennessee

I was in your store in Harriman, Tn. I was being rung up by a very young girl, she was having problem letting me split my payment, she ssk one of your senior cashiers for help, but before she could help her, that one grabbed the helping cashier and pushed her out of the way, that was very improper behavior, her tag said Toni. She does not belong in the front. She told me i had to pay cssh before it would let her put the amount i wanted to put on my card. I didnt want to pay any cash, i had 2 cards. I have done split payment before.
Lowes Cashier
Problems with payment

Lowes - Range Review from Mckinney, Texas

I bought a stove and when I got home and installed it discovered it was missing a burner cap and had a broken *** When I went back the next morning they told me I could return it or buy the parts myself but they would not replace it unless I returned the stove. That is ridiculous to buy a brand new stove and be told that I have to return the entire stove because they refuse to replace parts. I will not be returning to Lowes.
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Martinsburg, West Virginia - Jeff the rude manager

A man named jeff at Lowe's in Martinsburg West Virginia was harassing a customer . i saw the whole situation go down. There was a woman with her handicapped husband trying to load salt in the car. Jeff and another employee stood and watched them and laughed while they struggled. He then proceeded to ask to take her cart and have her the middle finger and told her to never come back. This is a serious issue and needs taken care off .
bobs2015

And, you apparently just stood there and let it happen! What a coward you are.

@bobs2015

Assuming it happened, I have a feeling that the OP was an employee fired by Jeff.

View more comments (1)
  • rude employee

Worst experience with Lowes

I had placed an order online, from Jersey City, NJ, Their online ordering sucks, The order went to the store in New York, The Initial delivery date available was 12/22/2015, One day before they called me and said They dont have stock for washer, they re-scheduled it to 12/26/2015. On 12/24/2015 they called and said they don't have stock for Dryer. It will take one week more to re-deliver it. This is a multifamily home, I promised my tenant to provide new washer dryer, I had to break my promise multiple times , which looses my reputation, When the order is placed and accepted, store has to make sure the delivery goes thru properly, otherwise what is the point in opening multiple channels and delaying the delivery. I have placed orders with best buy and home depot, they are very prompt in deliver and customer service,. LOWES DELIVERY REALLY SUCKS. I am not ordering any satilite or something which is not reachable. after all it is washer and dryer. LOWES DELIVERY REALLY SUCKS.
kamausa

On Saturday 10/26/2015, I picked up washer from Rosadale , NY store, along with other parts. There was another store having stock of the dryer I requested, I contacted them asked to hold that dryer for me , I wanted to pickup, On sunday morning I went to pick up the dryer, as I needed the haul away and hookup service they charged 20$ extra for hookup service,

Ton 10/28/2015, The dryer got delivered, the service person says, his paperwork does not talk about the washer, hence he cannot install dryer, I asked him I will pay him the service charges, he refused, he moved the new washer/dryer to the second floor, Now I need to call the store and ask for service setup to haulway and hookup again,

What a pathatic expericence for buying appliances.

I think you will find that Lowes and Home Depot don't have warehouses full of appliances. They order from the manufacturer and you are given a delivery date based on their expected delivery time from the manufacturer.

When your order is delayed it is because the manufacturer didn't have the stock to ship.

Next time you need an appliance quickly, buy it from a store that has it in stock. That way you know you will have it when you need it.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Delivery department not good
  • Worst delivery experience
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Price reduction
  • Purchasing Washer And Dryer Online

Lowes - Hardwood Floor Review from Schwenksville, Pennsylvania

2.7
So we just spent 6k on new hardwood floors for our bedroom and hallway. The guy who came to measure took forever and told us multiple times the hassle he would get if something was wrong. The install crew was great, but realized at 8PM the wrong traditions were received for the doorway. We also received 2 extra boxes of flooring at $150+ a box and an extra roll of tat paper - mind you I had to pay $99 for delivery of stuff I didn't need. To add insult to injury when we called about having the wrong transitions and the extra materials they wanted us to come in and pay BEFORE they ordered it. It will now be an additional 2+ weeks (after Christmas) before my 1 day flooring job is done and the installers will have to drive an hour or more back to my house. I have easily spent $25k at Lowes in the last 2 years - Home Depot will get my money in the future.

Wrong transitions in the entire scope of things isn't a huge deal. You need extra flooring, always.

What if you damage some of what was installed? What if they don't make that any longer?

Store the extra boxes in a closet. You paid a delivery fee to get everything delivered, not just the "extra".

Kayti5555
@Anonymous

Your welcome to your opinion but I have no desire to store 3 extra boxes nor do I want to take another day off work.

Kayti5555

This was the Montgomeryville store - not Schwenksville. Now 9:08..... Still no call back.

View more comments (2)