Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Kitchen Remodel Review from Pleasant Garden, North Carolina

Remolded my kitchen on the 84 mo./5.9percent they put half on 5.9 the rest on24.9 percent they are scam artist. DO NOT USE THERE BAIT &SWITCH CARD

Lowe's as a whole, doen't not set the Credit Promotions, we do not have any control over the

cards and the Percentage of Interest.

Sorry you are unhappy with the financing you chose for your project.

That is frankly not Lowe's fault.

This is just like many other major store cards.

Bad quality

Lowes review: Review in Installers category from Whittier, North Carolina

Because you just want to do the right thing then the manager of appliances at Lowes Sylva makes me realized and confirm why this world is so mess up and lack of honesty...

Your post is a mess and has no honesty. What on earth are you talking about anyway?

Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Rutherfordton, North Carolina: Bait and switch

I purchase kitchen cabinets laminate flooring remodel ed entire kitchen added a laundry room purchased drywall washing machine light fixtures.I spoke with don in flooring and told him I was going to install linoleum in the new laundry and bathroom.he said I needed to install wooden floor underlayment have that instakked and then put down the linoleum.Ipurchased the underlayment and it was installed by a licd.contractor who remodeled our entire house.After all of the work was completed I went back to lowes in forestcitync spoke with don to purchase linoleum.he tells me lowes installers will not install the flooring because they did not install underlayment.don was too *** to tell me this before I purchased the underlayment and had it installed.lowes you are a rip off and home depot looks good to me.by the way I had 550 sk ft of porcelain tile installed and it did not come from lowes. lowes kiss my floor where the sun don't shine
Order processing issue

Valspar paint/ lowes sales associate

I purchased valspar brilliant metal paint a lowes store I guess the lowes associate was not knowledgeable enough about the paint to tell me that paint required two steps and two different paint products what i have now is one mess they sold me the paint for the second step not the first the brilliant metal goes over the first step it is runny got all over the thousand of dollars of cabinets lowes of tallahassee fl just installed do not try that either takes for ever and they do not seem to care after they get your money after the paint fiasco i spent most of the night trying to remove the paint from the cabinets I will never set foot in another lowes store or purchase another valspar paint product.

never assume unless you are perfect.

Sounds like you did not do "YOUR OWN RESEARCH" to learn how to properly "PAINT"! Did you ask questions about how to apply the paint, no you did not.

If you did then they would have either told you the proper way or guided you to where you would find assistance. Do not blame someone else for your carelessness.

@Anonymous

sounds like the lowes associate that sold me the paint.

Can I assume you are not taking any responsibility for not bothering to read the instructions on the can?

Dona

Not sure why anyone would think some employee in Lowe's or any of the big box stores would actually know anything about paint. Best to go to a real paint store, one that only deals in and sells paint for a project like yours.

A good paint store will guide you and sell you exactly what you need. Hard lesson to learn.

@Dona

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes review in Franklin, North Carolina: $1500 stove quit after 3 weeks...Getting the runaround for over 2 months

3.0
I bought a $1500 whirlpool convection gas range in late July. By mid August the oven quit working and has never worked since. It is under warranty but whirlpool took a month to get a guy out and even then he didn't fix it. Instead he said he would call us in 2-3 days. That was 3 weeks ago. Never heard from him again. My local lowes tried many times to call the repair guy but said he would not answer and there was no way to leave a message. My local lowes appliances manager made several more calls and finally got them to agree to give me a gift card for the purchase price if they didn't have it fixed by today. You guessed it, I tried to get my gift card sent to me today and while they didn't deny that I was promised one, they said that the person who promised had no authority to do so. A call to corporate headquarters was even less helpful. The sweetheart there told me in no uncertain terms that Lowes was not about to help me and that I should just buy another one...at my expense. Can ya freaking believe? So they will not be sending my gift card after all. I have to have a service guy out 3 times before they will do that. Well...I'm waiting. By the time they stall enough to have a service guy out 3 times, the warranty will have expired. Then they can explain that they can't help me.

Why are you complaining about Lowes. Whirlpool made the range and is responsible for the warranty repair (if you purchased a service plan from Lowes it starts after the 1 year manufacturer warranty).

What aren't you complaining about Whirlpool and their service rather than Lowes? Your time would be better spent contacting Whirlpool customer care directly and dealing with them. Why get Lowes in the middle trying to schedule service when you can contact Whirlpool directly? It would be much more efficient if you were talking to Whirlpool rather than having Lowes call them and then have to check with you to see if the appointment they scheduled works?

Take time to read your warranty and understand how it works. Verbal statements mean nothing, just what is on you written warranty.

Valdemar
@Anonymous

I'm complaining about Lowes because I bought my stove from them instead of other outlets because of their promise to take care of their customers. As a business owner myself, I know that Lowes has much more influence with Whirlpool than I do.

If you buy a product from me and it does not meet your expectations I will make it right on your first visit. I will refund your money or get you an alternative product right then.

Later, I will contact the manufacturer and of course they will work it out with me. This is the service I expect from Lowes or any retailer that I spend thousands of dollars a year with.

View more comments (1)
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Tags
  • Weg730h0ds

Lowes review in Newtown, Connecticut: Milford Ct Took over an hour to buy one bag of fertilizer 11/5/15

2.6
Based on an online search we decided to purchase Sta-Green 15,000-sq ft Lawn Fertilizer (32-0-10) sold only at Lowes. Per website Milford had the item but when my wife and I went to the store we could not find it in garden section aisle 2. Walked back to "customer service" for help. Was told go back to aisle 2 they would send help. Help never came. Went back into store and eventually found a salesman. The three of us went back to aisle 2. Again we could not find it. He told me that he had to leave us to do cash register duty so he called for help. No help came. Went back to store to find yet another salesman. He checked the computer for stock. Yes it was listed but where was it? He called one more time for help. A manager type eventually came. Again they checked the computer and now the four of us headed back to aisle 2. He spotted a full pallet of the item on the top shelf. Fortunately there was a fork lift sitting right in the aisle and halleluiah the manager type knew how to drive it but first they needed to take time to tape off two aisles of safety. They handed me a bag and told me to have a nice day. The conversation between the manager and worker was interesting. The worker suggested that they leave the pallet on ground level. The manager said no he was going to put it back up on the top shelf and anyone else wants the item they can ask for it. What should have been a 10 minute or less shopping stop turned into an over an hour "shopping experience." HomeDepo does a much better job with its website than Lowes. At HD you can not only check inventory but they tell you how many they have, the aisle number and bin number. Lowes just says that they have or don't have the item but finding it as I have found on several different occasions can be a real challenge.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Time to find product in store
Tags
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Kick Plate Review

July 2015 ordered about 10 grand on new bathroom items, make a long story short the kickplate for my 3 grand vanity wasnt there and still isnt its Nov 7th ,Sept 4 one came in damaged and two wrong ones came in had to be sent back to Texas now I ask what is so hard about ordering the same one a second time. Lowes White Marsh Maryland by Debra DuPreez443-564-8739
Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania: Not so powerful powerwasher!!

2.7
Bought a 300.00 powerwasher at your great store, only ran it for 1 hr. let me say it again1 hr., has not run since. now it's going to cost me 175.00. not sure what's worse, not standing behind your products, or the idea of not standing by your coustomers!! Over the last few years I've spent some decent money in your stores, logspliter,2 husqavarna chain saws,2 electric chain saws,riding mower,push mower,*** eaters, not to mention hand tools. All I ask in return is that they perform as intended.You really droped the ball on this one big time!! Guess I'll have to see how Home Depot treats their costomers.
Review
Cons
  • Not standing behind the product
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes windows installation is the worst.

November 5, 2015 For those of you looking to have Lowes install windows in your home please think twice about that! We had the West Jordan, Utah Lowes come and install windows in our home, 12 windows and a sliding glass door. Joey was the man who came and gave us the quote. On August 10th he came back and we scheduled the installation. When we ordered them in July we ordered 12 windows and the sliding glass door but when Joey came back to collect our money he only had 11 windows and a sliding glass door yet the price was still the same. We were very upset that he had misquoted us and then claimed that we chose not to have our garage window replaced. This was a lie because we never agreed to that. He told us he could add it if we wanted but it was going to cost us more. We told him we couldn’t do that because we had only a certain amount saved which was what he initially quoted us. We were very upset and Joey knew it. He later text my husband and said they would go ahead and install the window for free. My husband told him we didn’t expect it but would appreciate it. Joey took it as we didn’t want it. The windows were suppose to be installed 6 weeks later but were not installed for 8 weeks. When they came and installed the windows there were numerous problems! The garage window wasn’t installed nor had it been ordered, there was no screen in one of the windows, the wrong window was installed in our kitchen which was a special order and cost us more, and the sliding glass screen door was broken! I spoke to the installer and he told me I needed to contact Joey, to which I did. But Joey was extremely rude and did nothing about it; he basically washed his hands clean of any problems. The windows were installed over a month ago and nothing has been resolved as of yet. Whenever I call the store or customer care I just get the run around. No one will take responsibility for the problems nor will they try to fix them. I paid $7000 for their Milgard windows, supposedly their best windows. I am extremely disappointed in the service they rendered. I will never have Lowes install anything in my home again. My opinion is the least they can do is take care of their customers and compensate them when they screw up. Their compensation to us they claim ‘will be’, the windows we initially ordered and a “free” garage window. Seriously that’s compensation? That’s what we ordered to begin with!! How is that compensation? We have spent thousands and thousands of dollars at Lowes over the past 6 months remodeling our entire home and we’re not so sure Lowes will be getting any more of our money. If this is not taken care of I will take further action! So think twice about having Lowes install any windows in your home. Their services are the worst!!!

We also have leaking windows from a LOWES INSTALL. Looking to find out more info with how till was handled and what we need to do to get compensated for replacements as well. Windows leak and drip into our walls thanks to the poor install.

Why would you place the order for 11 windows if your quote had 12? It's your fault for signing and paying for the order.

Anywhere you go you will have an estimated installation date based on the time it takes for the windows to be manufactured and arrive at the store. What can't be taken into account is weather. Most installers don't install windows when it is raining. These lost days can put installations behind as they have to finish jobs scheduled before your first.

They may also run into unexpected problems when installing windows on jobs ahead of yours. They may find rotted framing that has to be replaced before a window can be installed, causing the job to take longer than expected. Keep in mind if there are missing or damaged parts, they will have to be ordered just like the original window and aren't sitting in the back room of the store and may take as long as the original order to arrive. Don't expect "compensation" for problems that arise, they are something to be expected in a situation like this.

When you start demanding "compensation" no one wants to listen to you anymore and all progress will stop till you come to your senses and quit talking about "compensation". You can go to small claims court to get the missing screens, the proper window, as long as your contract show something other than ordered and the broken screen fixed, but most judges aren't going to give you "compensation".

@Anonymous

"Compensation" can take the form of providing the product and doing the job as agreed, not necessarily payment in *cash.*

I'd guess from its cold tone that the response above is from someone in the Lowe's organization. Hard to believe that anyone would have no sympathy for a customer in such a bad situation.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Remodeling
Cons
  • Installation department

Lowes review in Bullhead City, Arizona: Laminate Flooring

I purchased 16 boxes of laminate flooring, over $1000.00 from Lowes on 10/09/15. At the time I purchased the flooring the sales person told me that if I had any flooring left from a opened box I could return it and a refund would go on my credit card. Well on 11/04/15 I tried to return 9 unused Laminate pieces of flooring from a box that holds 14. All of a sudden Lowes said I could not get a refund for a open box. I then go back to the sales person that sold me the Laminate. Now he tells me I cannot return a open box. After this experience with Lowes I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWES AGAIN. HOME DEPOT WILL GET ALL MY BUSINESS.

If the flooring is sold by the carton they aren't going to refund any less than a full carton. I expect the salesperson said any full cartons could be returned.

Many customers hear what they want to hear. I work in retail an constantly have people say they were told things when they were told just the opposite.

Salesperson makes the sale, salesperson gets paid. Do you really think they give a 5hit what happens after that?

But hey, you saved a couple of bucks and helped drive all of the local flooring retailers out of business so don't blame Lowe's for having the lowest prices. It's all you really care about right?

View more comments (1)