Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

LOWES outrageous prices on AC installation services

LOWES Air Conditioning Services - STAW AWAY / outrageously expensive I have contacted LOWES as well as other reputable companies to get my AC units replaced. LOWES came in at 40% above most of the other proposals (equivalent equipment and installation). When I called them to get a cost breakdown of equipment, materials and labor they said that it's COMPANY POLICY NOT TO DISCLOSE individual costs. I did some research, and the difference is in LABOR which is 100% more expensive than the competition. Unfortunately most people do not have the time to shop around, and they fall prey of this company with shady business practices. Do yourself a favor and check other reputable companies (plenty of them in Angie's List) and save some your hard-earned money.
Anara
#1193520

Is these true!. I never think about it the service provider charge us a high amount but in market the price of equipment is very low.

I will definitely buy all the equipment from market in these way i will save a goo amount of money. Thanks for these valuable information.

portland hvac contractors

Dirty business practices
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Ac Install

Lowes review in Arlington, Texas: Exterior Door & Paint Purchase

Lowes review - Exterior Door & Paint Purchase
Lowes review - Exterior Door & Paint Purchase
The worst experience EVER! We purchased an exterior door (primed pre-hung door). We were told to use a Duramax Exterior Semi-Gloss Tintable White Latex-Base Paint and Primer in One. When we installed the door the next day the paint was peeling off as if it was tape. We were originally told the door would be exchange, now the District Store Manager by the name of Jeremy doesn't even want to return my call. I will never shop at Lowes. Closing my account even if it hurts my credit score. I will not refer or recommend Lowe's to anyone! Not Happy at all! :|

did you read the instructions? did you lightly sand preprimed door to recieve the next coat of piant,Was the door painted in high humithy, What was the outside temp? really why would you expect a new door when you did not follow instructions on painting the door ?

Bad quality
Preferred solution
Exchange door and paint as originally promised.
  • Poor management skills
  • defective products
  • scare tatics
  • Intimidating customer
  • Bad Communiation

Lowes High end Washer - Poor Service

2.0
Purchased in 2011 w/ best warranty offered (and most expensive). Oct 15 - stopped in mid-cycle. Laundry locked inside. Called for service that day. Technician came Oct 20 and diagnosed a defective door latch. Part had to be ordered. Technician came today (Oct 27) with the wrong part. Back to waiting for parts again. We've spent over $100 on laundromat service that's growing. We have a elderly person in the house that's mostly bedridden and needs linen changed every day or so. Household has ten (10) members, thee (3) of which are small children. Lack of laundry capability is expensive and could lead to health issues. I paid a lot more than I probably needed to for a machine and service plan that I thought was durable and would meet my household's needs. Machine -Yes, Service - hardly. Lip service from Loews & Ace Appliance Service of Del-Val ( service provider) but no action. Should have gone to a local small business that cared for customers!
Review
Cons
  • Very poor warranty service
Warranty issue
Loss
Deliver product or service ordered
  • Very Poor Warranty Service

Lowes review in Bakersfield, California: Horrible

My husband works for Lowe's and is now seeking new employment due to lack of appreciation for what he's done and wants to become. He recently applied for numerous Asst. Manager position and have been denied the last 3 times. Well the 3 times he has been denied is to hire someone outside the company. I just recently went into his store to perform a mystery shop. I was looking for and Asst Manager. I did find one and proceeded to ask him for assistance in having my floor installed. I asked him to please set me up with a measure fee. He had to call another assc mind you someone who is getting paid less and knows more. He then told me he was still new to Lowes. I did ask the assc. who helped me how long has that manager been in position and shockingly they said year and a half. Wow!!!!! Then proceeded to observe flooring dept and my god can you say Walmart. Clutter, mess, open boxes, overstocked topstock, carpet rolls put in wrong, nothing was labeled to verify what product was. By far the worst environment ive been in, in a long time. I will never let anyone know my husband works there. No wonder they never see a million dollar week. Lowes needs to hire within, people who know the business. When its this bad it makes you wonder who's doing the hiring. I used to work for Lowe's and back 10 years ago Lowe's was booming and now they declining. Their service is by far the worse. Anyone can look at a piece of paper and figure numbers out, but it takes a real manager to help the customer to the fullest.

You sound like a wife who is lashing out because Lowe's didn't promote your husband. Lowe's is very fair in their hiring and interviewing process.

What your husband needs to do is learn from these experiences and ask the store manager where he interviewed what he needs to improve on. Have him ask his HR for a copy of the interview questions so he can write down his answers and practice them with you and in front of a mirror. I've been with Lowe's for over 8 years and regardless of what you say, this company is growing not declining.

I've been a DM for over 5 years and I have used my experience in the couple of interviews I have had to learn how I need to answer the questions. Calm down and help your husband succeed by being his cheerleader not bashing the store where he works!!

@Anonymous

Sorry...I agree with her. I've been with Lowes for ten years and have watched my store go slowly downhill.

We have very customer focused employees at my store but instead of promoting from within they hire outsiders who don't know the business and only last a short time.

The good upper management leave and the replacements couldn't care less about the hourly associates. I could go on and on but those of us that know how bad its getting don't need to hear it and those of you who don't know wouldn't believe me anyways

@Anonymous

Sorry but you are only coming from one perspective. I have worked for Lowe's and I can yell Wal-Mart.

She probably heard all the stories of his work ethic and dedication being ignored.

I work the front end and oversee the cashiers and I have no idea how some of them were hired. Unprofessional, ghetto, and vulgar. All in front of customers.

I hate going into Wal-Mart and feel as though I got a job in the hardware version of it.

I work my tail off everyday running around and doing my job, while some don't. But of course I'm just bitter? Not at all. I have worked in places that acknowledge ambition.

Lowe's is so much more concerned with a racism lawsuit they can't get the balls to get the trash out of the store.

And we need to punch our HR for hiring them in the first place.

View more comments (2)
Preferred solution
Get rid of moron managers

Lowes - Loctite Pl Premium Fast Grab Polyurethane Construction Adhesive Review from Tampa, Florida

2.5
Some guy at lowes said we could buy Loctite fast grab premium to put up a mirror. It wasn't working right and so we called back and we were told we could bring it in to return it. I called again to get the name of the person and couldn't and alady on phone was rude to me and said we couldnt return it after the confusion we were told we could. It was only $5 but still remember to always get the name of the person who said it.

Its from paris, TN. I don't like the employees being rude and lying to me

Dona

You are dealing with a large company with employees who have problems tying their shoes in the morning, much less actually knowing anything except how to text messages on a cell phone. I have always had good luck using contact cement for mirrors, as long as you do it carefully and slowly.

The new polyurethane cements work well also, but contact cement will instantly bond, tho once again, do it carefully, as once the two surfaces come into contact, they will instantly bond together. Or, you could hold a picture of a politician up to the mirror and once it breaks, just buy a new one.

Bad quality

Lowes review in Yuma, Arizona: Stainmaster carpet life warranty?

2.3
We bought 4,000 plus of Stainmaster carpet not including the labor that finally brought the total to 6,000 plus, from Lowes about two years ago. I have not washed it yet. There are two of us my husband and I plus our small pet. I noticed that last year that our carpet began to stretch a little not very noticeable. This year however it seemed to have waves on it. The waves are more distinguished on the places where there is a lot more traffic. I personaly complained to Lowes and they told me that they did not have anything to do after the product is out of the store. If it was labor it was only guaranteed for one year. If it was something to do with the carpet I had to go to Stainmaster.com and complained to them. This is the first time I tried. It is good to have a place to go to and complain. We are not very happy. It seems we are going to have to fix this mess out of our own pocket

Carpet should be power stretched to consider it "properly installed". You, as the owner are responsible for that, not the manufacturer. Also, not Lowes fault, this complaint should be on your private installers web page.

Dona

Not sure why Stainmaster would cover something like this. I would suspect the carpet needs to be stretched.

You know, with one of those knee stretchers you probably saw the guy use when they installed it. This is a common problem that comes as a carpet is used and gets older.

I used to have one of them and would need to use it myself on occasion over the years. Carpet is what it is and does what it does.

Review
Cons
  • I did not like the reply we got about our carpet

Lowes - Hitachi Stapler Review from Concord, North Carolina

1.7
I've resently bought a hitachi stapler gun came back to return it minutes later because i didn't need it and when i got to the costumer sevice the lady that attended me wasn't very nice she ran out of money and she told me I had to wait didn't even apologize for the inconvenience and she had me wait for 30 minutes and assisted other costumers at the other register not happy at all, and when she seen me on the phone then she started getting nervous, the lady's name was ginny, so I'm spreading the word out not to go to lowes, home depot helps out better and the employees have awsome costumer service. This happened at 7:40 pm oct. 23 2015 Friday, Kannapolis NC.

Lowes Staff Review from Cape Coral, Florida

I can personally backup that Lowe's sucks!! Not only did we walk away from alot of money when we finally realized it was leave or go broke, but legally we have no leg to stand on to recover. Lowe's is master at manipulation of paperwork, rewritten to favor them and cause as much confusion as possible. They hire teams of individuals who are not trained and probably could not be , half are dazed from pill popping and smoking on job. I really have no idea how they even get a sale except for customers ability to use Lowe's credit card to pay.

Lowes review in Chattanooga, Tennessee: Uncertain Delivery of Special Order

4.3
I ordered and paid for a Kitchen Aid Trash Compactor the first of August with the understanding that delivery would in September. The unit did not arrive. I was then told that it would be delivered in mid October. In mid October I was given a definite date of October 21; then it was the 27th. On the next day Lowe's called to say it would another three weeks before delivery. So it is uncertain when my Trash Compactor will be delivered and installed. Meanwhile, Lowe's has free use of the money I paid at time of placing order. I post this review to make you aware of what might await you should you place a special order with Lowe's.

My complaint with Lowe's has been resolved to my complete satisfaction. Lowe's is still my preferred store for purchasing major appliances and materials for home improvements.

You do realize that Lowes doesn't make the compactor don't you? Kitchen Aid appliances are made by Whirlpool.

As trash compactors are not a high demand item Whirlpool probably doesn't keep a lot in their warehouses. Lowes gives you a delivery date based on what Whirlpool tells them.

If Whirlpool doesn't ship time and issues a new due date there isn't anything Lowes can do to magically make you compactor appear. The same thing would have happened if you had ordered it somewhere else if they didn't have it in stock at their store.

@Anonymous

I am no dummy. I am well aware of the Whirlpool corporate structure.

Please note the reason I stated for posting my complaint. It is simply to alert potential purchasers of this trash compactor to not count on a date certain for delivery.

Lowe's was not up front with me about uncertain delivery time; instead, Lowe's continued issuing certain dates except for the latest which is "might be three weeks." Normally I wouldn't respond to "anonymous" but since I believe "anonymous" to be a Lowe's spokesperson I take issue with the tenor of your message. If you are a Lowe's spokesperson, please recommend that customer service be upfront with the whole truth before purchase is made.

View more comments (2)
Review
Pros
  • Installer
  • Product quality
  • Sales associates
Cons
  • Uncertain delivery time
  • Rude customer service associate
Problem with delivery
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Charlotte, North Carolina: Smoke and CO detector

2.3
On 10/21/2015 in the afternoon, I went to Lowes in Huntersville, NC, carrying my old not working smoke and co detector. I was trying to find a matching one or similar one. I read through the label and would like to actually see it to make sure it is compatible. I asked a Lowes employee named Diane to see if she could open it to check to make sure it will work with my electrical wire. She exploded and yelled at me saying "Don't you see there are so many opening ones there? Do you want to buy an opened one?" I said I just want you to help me to make sure it will work. Here is my old one. If I buy one and take home and it is not compatible, I still need to return." She ran toward me and grabbed the one on my hand and pulled her knife box cutter and viciously and quickly cut the box multiple places and pulled the smoke and co detector out and banged it on the table and then she walked away. I said you are insulting me by cutting that smoke detector box into multiple pieces and banging it on the table. You are such an ***. I went to near by Home Depot and a man there led me to the smoke and co detector location and he opened one by removing the clear tap at one end and showed me how it can be done by comparing it to my old one. I bought that one and it works fine. For the last 15 years, I always go to Lowes to buy anything related to house, plants, and garden. Not any more, I will buy it from Home Depot instead.

Diana is a real treat for the store. She tackled a 90 year old woman in a power chair last week for asking her where the light bulbs where.

Be careful of Paul over at Home depot though He chases people with a tire iron! Sound silly?

Yeah so did your complaint. "She ran"

How dare you interrupt her while she was trying to get a hook-up for the weekend! Don't you understand that the only reason she is there is to collect a paycheck and get a date with a co-worker? Shame on you!

Review
#722070 Review #722070 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • I will go to home depot from now on