Rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Weber Summit E-420 Gas Grill Review from Buffalo, New York

2.3
I purchased a Weber 4burner gas grill and explained in full detail what needed to be done so I could connect the grill to the gas line from my house. They Totally ignored my instructions did the reverse and when the grill was delivered and the connections did not work I spoke to the manager from the store and he said that is to bad my fault I then canceled the$2100 Weber grill told thedeviery guys to take the grill back.

What are you even complaining about?? The grill can only be ordered with Weber's hardware options.

For liability reasons, it can only be assembled per the manufacturer's instructions. If there is a need to customize the hookup to the gas line, that IS the consumer's risk and responsibility. Porch.com to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

Lowe's would only hook it up if you have prepared a hookup that it will hook to. lol

It can only be ordered with the manufacture's hardware options. It can only assembled per the manufacturer's instructions, for liability reasons.

Any aftermarket customizations would be solely the risk and responsibility of the consumer.

Having your gas hookup plumbed so that the grill could be connected would be your responsibility. Porch.com is one resource you could consult to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

Lowes in Miami, Florida - Lack of customer service calling their department

i called customer service department and waited over 50 minutes going from caller # 26 and going down to your are next in the que, to then getting a recording that I was # 6 and would be attended in 30 minutes. Lowes need to get a better customer service department.At least HOME DEPOT treats their customer better. At least HOME DEPOT treats their customer better. DOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKERDOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKERDOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKER

One of the things I enjoy the most when I work the customer service counter is putting an ignorant customer on hold. When it rings back I just send them to random departments, until I finally hang up on them once and for all!!! :):):p

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Customer service received
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Lebanon, Missouri - Do not buy into their free delivery, installation, removal!

I purchased a water heater. The man did not know anything about a water heater. So called expert (lady) came and told me I needed to purchase a side tank, because it was coded in the town I live in. a $359.10 water heater ended up costing me $700.12! The plumber which they hired said I should of call the plumbing company it would only cost me $75.00 for installation, through Lowe's it was $325.00 which also included delivery and several hidden charges. I am a widow and no nothing about these things and I believe they (Lowes) took advantage of me. I will not even go into another Lowe's and I would suggest you do the same.

Retail stores are in business to make money. They charged you more for the water heater than they paid for it which is the profit to keep the business running.

Just as they make a profit on the water heater they also added profit to what they pay the installer and the delivery drivers. You can hire your own installer and pick up the water heater yourself and save the mark up but you would also have to spend the time to find an installer rather than getting everything arranged in one place.

Review
Pros
  • Product was fine
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Poor training

2.5
Lowes Hardwood Flooring Installation Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take care of and I had a deadline for the repair. Now I'm told it can't be done because of water damage if couldn't be taken care I should have been told I would have not did it until family reunion which I'm the the host I'm so pissed. When the installers came out I was they didn't know I already had hardwood they were thing I had carpet, but when they came out twice to look at the situation,very poor customer service.

I guess English is not your first language. I can't even tell what you are trying to say

What? I think you had a problem with your floor, but the complaint makes no sense

You may be angry and typing in a hurry but your complaint is completely unintelligible. Slow down, and use punctuation. It works miracles in comprehension.

View more comments (2)
Bad quality

Lowes in Meridian, Mississippi - Employees say they can't remove security tags when item purchased

4.0
Altho I like Lowes, I'm upset with the store in Meridian, MS. I purchased a small item, just an outdoor faucet for a garden hose. It had a large security tag attached via a steel cable. After paying for it, I asked the cashier if they could remove the security device and she said "No". When I pressed her on it, she told me they could remove it at the Lumber checkout. Got down there & they said they couldn't do it. What?? So it looks like I've stolen it as I leave, & I have to get wire cutters too now.

I went to homedepot and and i bought a pair of gloves and i asked them to take the red security tag that read (SECURITY DEVICE) off and they said they can't take it off and if you the alarms sounds your fine

you need to get over yourself.

Review
Cons
  • Unwilling to help
  • Gave us the run around
Preferred solution
Maybe the store in Meridian, MS could have cashiers that bother to try to help.

Lowes in Elkton, Virginia - Denied our military discount

4.4
I carlos went to lowes purchase over 500.00 on wood etc, denied our military DD214 on weekend of 4th of July, purchase on 7/7/15 store # 0509 in Harrisonburg VA . Need a reply. reply to carlos.m.sosa@hotmail.com. Thank you your appreciation will be very helpful, We need our credit to our account ASAP. carlos sosa contact number 201-232-5966 so we will appreciation if you get contact to me regarding this situation> It not right if we purchase so small or large item we should get our discount. same weekend of the 4th of July I had to go to Home Depot and they gave us our discount for military. So should You Lowes.

Home Depot sells lumber too.

This isn't the web site for Lowes, you are on a general complaint site.

Review
Pros
  • Friendliness of staff
military discount
Preferred solution
My discount for the amount of my purchase My DD214 for military discount I decerve this

Lowes in Madison Heights, Michigan - Bought a new troy built pressure washer only to find it was used and missing partswhen I got it home

I picked up a new troy built pressure washer at the lowes in Madison heights when i opened the box it smelled strong of gas and looks like it had been well used I took it back to the store with in 20 min its of buying it. The service person says well that's not ours we can't take they she says I wait it is our box I read the tag wrong they she told me there is no way I got it like that because the box had never been opened how would she knows weather it had be open or not I told her I wanted a refund or another pressure washer she called a manager and he says we will have to check the camera to verify your story after waiting 45 minuts he comes back and says yep that is the one we sold him. Long story short I was treated like a criminal in front of every one at the service desk I as last I checked I have spent over $ 20,000 at lowes this year I bought all my roofing, windows, and Wood for building a new on deck on my house I will not be spending any of my money at lowes from here on out. After getting the refund on the power washer I went to home depo and bought a new Homelite power washer I will be closing my lowes card today to be a costmer for over 20 years and treated like this I will be letting every one I know about my experience

"The service person says well that's not ours we can't take they she says I wait it is our box I read the tag wrong they she told me there is no way I got it like that because the box had never been opened how would she knows weather it had be open or not I told her I wanted a refund or another pressure washer she called a manager and he says we will have to check the camera to verify your story after waiting 45 minuts he comes back and says yep that is the one we sold him."

This single sentence is one of the more incomprehensible complaints I have read here. I read it five times and still have no idea of what is being said.

Review
Cons
  • Unprofessional customer service
Loss

Lowes - A Company that will not back the products they sell!!!!

In 2012 my husband and I purchased a Samsung side by side refrigerator; a major purchase $1,500. We also purchased the extended warranty. The black paint on the door handle is peeling off. My husband contacted Lowes and was told that the "cosmetics" is not covered under the warranty and was told they could transfer him to the parts department where we could PURCHASE a handle for about $40.00 (per a Customer Service Manager). Some customer service. He called me frustrated and I called and spoke with the same "manager," and I use that term loosely. She began repeating her canned speech to me and I stopped her in the middle of her first sentence and told her I did not want to hear her written speech, all I wanted was the handle replaced on our refrigerator. I also told her that we have been customers of Lowes for over 25 years and have bought several major appliances from the company. I told her all I wanted was some GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, which this company hasn't a clue about. I told her that we refuse to do business with a company that refuses to stand by the products they sell. If they have no intention of standing by their products, they need to stop selling them. I also informed her that there is a class action law suit against Samsung for their shoddy refrigerators, which in every instance when one was purchased from Lowes, Lowes would not replace or repair them. I told her for the amount of money we spent on that refrigerator the least we should be able to expect is the paint NOT PEELING OFF. I also gave her a lesson in Real Customer Service. For probably not more that $20.00 to Lowes they could replace the handle and they would retain loyal customers but, because the company lacks ANY customer service qualities they are losing a customer and word of mouth can be the downfall of any company, big or small. After reading the reviews on this and other sites it amazes me Lowes is not going bankrupt. Lowes executives! You are not the only kid on the block. My husband and I from now on will purchase appliances we need from someone else even if the price is higher. A very unhappy FORMER customer!

Why are you complaining about Lowes and not Samsung. Samsung made the refrigerator and should be responsible for using paint that will hold up.

Lowes only sold the refrigerator. You purchased a service plan that covers repairs if the refrigerator malfunctions.

If you take time to read the contract you will plainly see it doesn't cover cosmetics. Have you attempted to contact Samsung, the company you should really be talking to about their quality?

Review
Cons
  • Will lose a loyal customer for less than forty dollars
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes Patio Furniture Department Review

I went to the Lowes store in Heath Ohio tried to get somebody to help me in the patio furniture department I went to the service desk 5 times and got no help it makes me sad that I have to resort to this I'm not going there again

Lowes in Saint Paul, Minnesota - Bait and switch

I went to Lowes in Oak Park Heights, MN. I purchased a new John Deer lawn tractor, when I stopped by to check on it they tried to give me a floor model that was scratched on engine cover and else where. They sold the one I was promised to someone else then tried to pass this one off as new. When asked about it I was told all John Deers come scratched that if I didn't want it they would sell it to someone else. I talked to assistant manager Steve who was extremely rude and condescending. Never trust them! They lie right to your face. I purchased one elsewhere and was treated like royalty .
Review
#661955 Review #661955 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Manager steve and lady in tractor sales
  • Manager attitude
  • Servce
Let the company propose a solution