Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Patrick, South Carolina - I ordered a fiberglass door, the cost was 1400.00, I was given a regular door

On June 11, 2015 I placced an order with the Lowes in Rockingham NC. The door was placed fon order with a 28 day wait period. On July 9th i was contacted that the door had arrived. Teh order was for a Fiberglass door. To my surprise when the box was open it was a regular wooden door. The door was much cheaper than what i paid for. The door the store gacve me is the exact door i havve know. i had to pay someone to pick up the door andpaid them to return the door. I am being ripped off for at lease 1000.00. I am not dsure i trust the store anymore. The salesman tried to say there was a lifetime warranty on the door. When opening the box you can clearly see the wording limeted warranty.

Are you sure you got a wood door? Many people can't tell the difference just by looking at them.

If they shipped you a wood door, you more than likely were looking at a door that was more expensive than the fiberglass door you had ordered. Most warranties whether a one year or a lifetime warranty are "limited" warranties. The warranty will spell out what is covered and what is not. For example, you shouldn't expect damage to the door when someone tries to break in to be covered.

The warranty will also tell you that it must be properly finished to be covered. Don't know how you were ripped off if you were able to return the door.

Order processing issue
Preferred solution
The correct door and a discount for the issue

Lowes in Wexford, Pennsylvania - Metal chairs leak rust every day !!

3.0
I purchased Garden Treasures 2 round swivel chars and 4 regular chairs. I have beautiful cushions for them too. Each time it rains, the rain gets in all the nooks of the metal. When you go to sit in the chairs they leak rust water all over the cushions and my guests clothing! It is embarrassing and maddening! The rust water has destroyed my dark stained deck. The company doesn't care, because I bought my patio furniture and matching glass table 375 days ago. WE DON'T USE IT IN THE WINTER. It was stored in my finished basement; temp controlled. So it was only used 5 months! That is not the issue- the issue is no seal on the metal chairs- the holes take on rain. I shouldn't have to cover my furniture- it was sold as solid metal with cushions (which we keep inside when we are not using) and made no mention of rust/rain water to contend with! I also bought a $500.00 gas grill (purchase From Lowes) Lowes won't stand behind my purchase. DON'T BUY THIS FURNITURE!

Same issue here with garden treasures sectional. Rust leaks out and has stained just about everything.

I also bought Garden Treasures patio furniture from Lowe's and almost the same thing is happening to me. In my case the rusty water doesn't get on the cushions or clothing, but it runs out the bottom of the furniture and onto and through the deck, staining it and the driveway below a rusty color.

I paid about $500 for this furniture and I can't believe they would sell something with such a obvious defect. Terrible!

Hi:

I too am pissed at Lowes because they won't sell individual parts to repair their patio furniture. Once an end cap splits you have loose glass but will they sell you an end cap?

Noooooo!

THEY WANT TO FORCE YOU to buy a whole new set. Not gonna happen.

Treasure Garden does not sell patio furniture...just umbrellas. You probably mean Garden Treasure from Lowes!

@Anonymous

That's correct, horrible patio furniture that manufacturer and then seller, Lowe's will not stand behind. It's worthless and unusable. Buyer beware.

BrownBassetHound525
@Anonymous

I did not buy my patio furniture from Lowe's. I got mine from Sears, but I have the exact same issue with what you're describing.

I am horrified at all the rusty water that leaks out of the end caps all the time, and it leaks all over the concrete, and sometimes on clothing. If I pick up the chairs to move them, the rusty water runs all down my clothes, legs, and onto my shoes. I know I cannot just replace the furniture, and am now wondering if there's ANYTHING I can use to seal the leaky end caps myself?

Maybe something like clear silicone caulking, or something like that? Anyone have any suggestions???

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • Lowes contacted the company
Reason of review
rust/rain water destruction of items
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Patio Set

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Replacement parts for Grillmaster Propane Grill

1.5
Grill Master brand propane grill bought at Lowes, no longer sold at Lowes, I believe the brand was bought by Charbroil Grills. I ordered replacement parts from the NEXGRILL parts store 5/26/15 the parts then were not in stock, 6/19/15 email received, parts on back order should receive in about 30 days,7/12/15 an other email received, the parts are still on back order should receive by 8/28/15 well I think by that time they really want you to go and buy a new grill, Lowes sold this product why not carry original replacement parts. I would take a guess that these replacement parts do not come from the GOOD OLD U.S.A.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for every item they have ever sold? You have very unrealistic expectations.

Char-Broil grills are made in China. I own a Char-Broil from 2002, and it was made in Canada.

How old is your grill? I am not sure why you'd expect *LOWE'S*, a retailer, to carry anything other than universal parts, or parts for models that they currently stock. You'd go to an AUTO PARTS STORE for auto parts for an old model, right? My local Lowe's hasn't carried your brand for at least 2 years.

Get used to the fact that brand names have been sold to Chinese makers, and any sold brandname can and will be slapped on any product made in any Chinese factory. If you want something made in North America, Weber and Broil King are probably the you need to look at. As for parts, most of those are in the Music City Metals catalog, and Lowe's (and many other retailers, online and B&M) can order grill parts for you out of that catalog, IF the parts are still available. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menard's are NOT your old local mom & pop hardware store that kept obsolete stuff around on shelves until someone might eventually want to buy it.

They are high-volume retailers who stock what is current and what fits a price range for their particular region or locale. Go to your small local store if you want personal service and a relationship.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Carrying original replacement parts
Order processing issue
delivery of parts orderd

Lowes - Employee tries to steal gift card

i received a gift card from lowes 2 days before I went to make a purchase. Cashier said there was only 6 cents left on card and asked to throw it away. I said there was $100 on that card and I have a receipt and everything. After she realized that she was not going to get away with my card, she said that there was $99.94 on the card. Ended up being a full $100 on that card after checking. She was acting very suspicious and strange. Lowes needs better employees in there stores and I'm never buying anything from there again, after knowing what the employees are like.

And did you get that employee's name and report it to management? If not, you deserve what you got because you are not doing your part.

Most employees (at all retail stores) are only part-time now, no benefits, no job security. There are no commissions on sales at Lowe's now. In any position that handles money, you will find *some* people are there to try to steal some.

If there is nothing in the employee's interview, nothing in the background, & not positive for drugs, there is no reason to not hire that employee. $10/hr and no benefits isn't enough wage to attract really high caliber people, other than students and retirees who have other means of support.

@George

excuses excuses, the person was a thief, it doesnt matter how much they make , thats not an excuse. Lowes store are terrible, their employees are lazy creeps who steal and would walk over top of you and still not try to help u with a purchase. That is not the fault of the consumer, that is the fault of the store management.

@Anonymous

I didn't see anyone making an excuse. Just an explanation of the facts.

If the person with the gift card didn't bring it to the attention of the store manager how is this thief going to be stopped? Running home and posting on a web site won't stop this person from doing it again.

@Anonymous

Lowes employees act the way they do because most of the people that shop there are a bunch of ***!

View more comments (3)
Problems with payment

Lowes Staff Review

3.8
Was ignored at paint counter . Waited for 15 plus minutes and employee wstching counter ignored me . Happened at 12.15 today Lowes on hwy 150 in winston salem nc Wish o had video of it . Im sure lowes does
Poor customer service

Lowes in Clinton, Maryland - Be sure check item number on clearance item.

I thought I was purchasing a clearance refrigerator and bought a stove. R cause item number was label wrong. The refrigerator had an ice maker and was not the low end item. I called the store ad spoke to the store manager. Lowe store manager in Clinton, Md was very rude and told me it was my fault. I did not get in help. I call customer service and did get a replacement but not the one I had with an ice maker. I had purchase food that day and had to take the cheap refrigerator. Customer Service told me she would call and check on me after lunch. She never called back.
Review
Cons
  • Rude executive associate
Pricing issue

Lowes - Weber Summit E-420 Gas Grill Review from Buffalo, New York

2.3
I purchased a Weber 4burner gas grill and explained in full detail what needed to be done so I could connect the grill to the gas line from my house. They Totally ignored my instructions did the reverse and when the grill was delivered and the connections did not work I spoke to the manager from the store and he said that is to bad my fault I then canceled the$2100 Weber grill told thedeviery guys to take the grill back.

What are you even complaining about?? The grill can only be ordered with Weber's hardware options.

For liability reasons, it can only be assembled per the manufacturer's instructions. If there is a need to customize the hookup to the gas line, that IS the consumer's risk and responsibility. Porch.com to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

Lowe's would only hook it up if you have prepared a hookup that it will hook to. lol

It can only be ordered with the manufacture's hardware options. It can only assembled per the manufacturer's instructions, for liability reasons.

Any aftermarket customizations would be solely the risk and responsibility of the consumer.

Having your gas hookup plumbed so that the grill could be connected would be your responsibility. Porch.com is one resource you could consult to find an installer, if you were not planning on diy.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Miami, Florida - Lack of customer service calling their department

i called customer service department and waited over 50 minutes going from caller # 26 and going down to your are next in the que, to then getting a recording that I was # 6 and would be attended in 30 minutes. Lowes need to get a better customer service department.At least HOME DEPOT treats their customer better. At least HOME DEPOT treats their customer better. DOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKERDOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKERDOES ANYBODY WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR IS IT SELL AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE EXPERCING A HIGHER CALL VOLUME HIRE MORE WORKER

One of the things I enjoy the most when I work the customer service counter is putting an ignorant customer on hold. When it rings back I just send them to random departments, until I finally hang up on them once and for all!!! :):):p

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Customer service received
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Lebanon, Missouri - Do not buy into their free delivery, installation, removal!

I purchased a water heater. The man did not know anything about a water heater. So called expert (lady) came and told me I needed to purchase a side tank, because it was coded in the town I live in. a $359.10 water heater ended up costing me $700.12! The plumber which they hired said I should of call the plumbing company it would only cost me $75.00 for installation, through Lowe's it was $325.00 which also included delivery and several hidden charges. I am a widow and no nothing about these things and I believe they (Lowes) took advantage of me. I will not even go into another Lowe's and I would suggest you do the same.

Retail stores are in business to make money. They charged you more for the water heater than they paid for it which is the profit to keep the business running.

Just as they make a profit on the water heater they also added profit to what they pay the installer and the delivery drivers. You can hire your own installer and pick up the water heater yourself and save the mark up but you would also have to spend the time to find an installer rather than getting everything arranged in one place.

Review
Pros
  • Product was fine
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Poor training

2.5
Lowes Hardwood Flooring Installation Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take care of and I had a deadline for the repair. Now I'm told it can't be done because of water damage if couldn't be taken care I should have been told I would have not did it until family reunion which I'm the the host I'm so pissed. When the installers came out I was they didn't know I already had hardwood they were thing I had carpet, but when they came out twice to look at the situation,very poor customer service.

I guess English is not your first language. I can't even tell what you are trying to say

What? I think you had a problem with your floor, but the complaint makes no sense

You may be angry and typing in a hurry but your complaint is completely unintelligible. Slow down, and use punctuation. It works miracles in comprehension.

View more comments (2)