Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Washing Machine Hose Review from Harrisonburg, Virginia

We bought a washer and dryer at Lowes, we bought the new hoses to go with the washer, we were told that they would bring them when they delivered the washer, they forgot. After we called them they said it would be another week before they would come out again, the clothes are dirty, that would be two weeks after there so called next day delivery. I bought more hoses and installed the washer myself that's when i noticed a huge scratch on the side. There's more to the story, I don't think I will be doing any more business there again and would suggest the same , not happy.
Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Hickory, North Carolina: Customer service is the pits!

Its not often that I need assistance, because I usually know where to find what I need, but sometimes I do need assistance when I kind find it. Every time I've needed assistance, I think may be it was just last time that I couldn't find anyone to help, or the assistant wasn't knowledgeable (one time I wasted an hour with an assistant about a custom vanity till he finally told me he was new and unable to assist me, he couldn't have started off with that and got someone else!), but after repeatedly getting poor service time after time and wasting my time at this store, I need to stop making excuses for them and take my business to the orange box a mile away.

If you look at "the orange box" reviews on this site you will see other people who have complaints about them and go to Lowe's instead. Every business will have some off days.

Why keep going back? Why not just go to "the Orange Box" a ile away? Geez, do you need someone to hold your hand?

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Range Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I paid for a range with my debit card.Then received a call the following morning saying the range I paid for was not available. They were supposed to immediately issue a refund. Because my oven wasn't working, I spent my lunch at a different Lowe's looking for an different range. They had the exact same range, and said it was available. But they'd have to charge me again...and their price was higher. They were supposed to call me to schedule delivery by the following Thursday. That didn't happen. That Saturday night I received a call from a computer telling me it would be there the next morning. I called back to try to reschedule, since I had not agreed to that and received an automated response that I was not calling during normal business hours. I made multiple attempts but could not get a person to reschedule. I then cut short my vacation to get home and prepare for this delivery. When they came, they informed me they couldn't do my installation because I don't have a shut off valve. I was not informed I needed this. They left with my range, and I heard nothing from the store. A few days later when I still hadn't been contacted I called their customer service. I was PROMISED a call back from management within 24 hours. But they never called me. I called them back again, and was informed that my refund for the first range was processed after I filed a complaint. However, I still do not have my money back! And the manager at the second site was very dismissive of my issues. They had already scheduled to return my item which had been paid for (and without contacting me) to their warehouse! He acted as though he was doing me a favor by pushing the date back. Had no idea why his store charged more for the same item, bit did offer to adjust if I go there with an invoice? When I said good bye to that manager, the customer service rep hung up...without discussing with me whether or not I was satisfied with this outcome. Their costumer service is terrible, and honestly I will never shop there again.

Lowes Carpet Cleaner Rental Review from Freeport, Texas

Rented a carpet cleaner. Was told to make sure it was clean to get deposit back. My wife cleaned that *** thing better then it cleaned the carpet, or the condition we got it in. They actually ran their fingers in the wheel well and then withheld over $48.00 of the deposit. I feel they do this a lot more than customers know about. Next time we will rent from a grocery store. Lowes steals the deposit by deceit.
Problems with payment

Lowes review in Aiken, South Carolina: Poor Customer Service & Poor Attitude from Corporate

1.3
After Lowes giving my mother the run around and we believe lying to her multiple times we contacted their corporate offices to get assistance in the matter and they had as bad of an attitude as the local store. She purchased and paid for a storm door 6/10 at the time her door was measured. A contract was written that it'd be complete by June 30th. She was told multiple times they would be calling her or out to install the door in a few days but she was left waiting day after day with no communication. She was told everything from the order not being submitted to the door being in, to the glass broken and the wrong glass in the box. On July 1 they came to install the door but brought the wrong glass claiming they brought the right box but the wrong glass was in it. They told her they'd be out in a few days to switch it out and resolve the issue. She never heard anything and finally on 7/13 she was called and told they'd be out on 7/21 to switch out the glass. She has been more than patient with them even when she knew they were not being honest with her. We stood by letting her handle it on her own and have been discussed at how they have done business with her. It's been a nightmare in dealing with them and the rudeness, inaccurate information, and slow action to resolve a simple problem has caused us to decide we would never order anything from Lowes or make any large purchases. In the meantime, we've made our multiple weekly trips to the store and had employees who didn't want to help you and ones who acted like you were really putting them out with your question. And one last thing, somehow someones name got on our MyLowes card and the store, customer service and corporate were incapable of correcting the problem so I always have to correct them which is the correct MyLowes in their system. Not impressed at all......

We are now shopping Home Depot instead of Lowes and asking Menards to locate in our area.

Review
Cons
  • Poor follow through with orders
  • Poor installers
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Incomplete Installation
  • Incorrect Installation

Lowes review in Patrick, South Carolina: I ordered a fiberglass door, the cost was 1400.00, I was given a regular door

On June 11, 2015 I placced an order with the Lowes in Rockingham NC. The door was placed fon order with a 28 day wait period. On July 9th i was contacted that the door had arrived. Teh order was for a Fiberglass door. To my surprise when the box was open it was a regular wooden door. The door was much cheaper than what i paid for. The door the store gacve me is the exact door i havve know. i had to pay someone to pick up the door andpaid them to return the door. I am being ripped off for at lease 1000.00. I am not dsure i trust the store anymore. The salesman tried to say there was a lifetime warranty on the door. When opening the box you can clearly see the wording limeted warranty.

Are you sure you got a wood door? Many people can't tell the difference just by looking at them.

If they shipped you a wood door, you more than likely were looking at a door that was more expensive than the fiberglass door you had ordered. Most warranties whether a one year or a lifetime warranty are "limited" warranties. The warranty will spell out what is covered and what is not. For example, you shouldn't expect damage to the door when someone tries to break in to be covered.

The warranty will also tell you that it must be properly finished to be covered. Don't know how you were ripped off if you were able to return the door.

Loss
Preferred solution
The correct door and a discount for the issue

Lowes review in Wexford, Pennsylvania: Metal chairs leak rust every day !!

3.0
I purchased Garden Treasures 2 round swivel chars and 4 regular chairs. I have beautiful cushions for them too. Each time it rains, the rain gets in all the nooks of the metal. When you go to sit in the chairs they leak rust water all over the cushions and my guests clothing! It is embarrassing and maddening! The rust water has destroyed my dark stained deck. The company doesn't care, because I bought my patio furniture and matching glass table 375 days ago. WE DON'T USE IT IN THE WINTER. It was stored in my finished basement; temp controlled. So it was only used 5 months! That is not the issue- the issue is no seal on the metal chairs- the holes take on rain. I shouldn't have to cover my furniture- it was sold as solid metal with cushions (which we keep inside when we are not using) and made no mention of rust/rain water to contend with! I also bought a $500.00 gas grill (purchase From Lowes) Lowes won't stand behind my purchase. DON'T BUY THIS FURNITURE!

Same issue here with garden treasures sectional. Rust leaks out and has stained just about everything.

I also bought Garden Treasures patio furniture from Lowe's and almost the same thing is happening to me. In my case the rusty water doesn't get on the cushions or clothing, but it runs out the bottom of the furniture and onto and through the deck, staining it and the driveway below a rusty color.

I paid about $500 for this furniture and I can't believe they would sell something with such a obvious defect. Terrible!

Hi:

I too am pissed at Lowes because they won't sell individual parts to repair their patio furniture. Once an end cap splits you have loose glass but will they sell you an end cap?

Noooooo!

THEY WANT TO FORCE YOU to buy a whole new set. Not gonna happen.

Treasure Garden does not sell patio furniture...just umbrellas. You probably mean Garden Treasure from Lowes!

@Anonymous

That's correct, horrible patio furniture that manufacturer and then seller, Lowe's will not stand behind. It's worthless and unusable. Buyer beware.

Maebell
@Anonymous

I did not buy my patio furniture from Lowe's. I got mine from Sears, but I have the exact same issue with what you're describing.

I am horrified at all the rusty water that leaks out of the end caps all the time, and it leaks all over the concrete, and sometimes on clothing. If I pick up the chairs to move them, the rusty water runs all down my clothes, legs, and onto my shoes. I know I cannot just replace the furniture, and am now wondering if there's ANYTHING I can use to seal the leaky end caps myself?

Maybe something like clear silicone caulking, or something like that? Anyone have any suggestions???

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • Lowes contacted the company
Reason of review
rust/rain water destruction of items
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Patio Set

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Replacement parts for Grillmaster Propane Grill

1.5
Grill Master brand propane grill bought at Lowes, no longer sold at Lowes, I believe the brand was bought by Charbroil Grills. I ordered replacement parts from the NEXGRILL parts store 5/26/15 the parts then were not in stock, 6/19/15 email received, parts on back order should receive in about 30 days,7/12/15 an other email received, the parts are still on back order should receive by 8/28/15 well I think by that time they really want you to go and buy a new grill, Lowes sold this product why not carry original replacement parts. I would take a guess that these replacement parts do not come from the GOOD OLD U.S.A.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for every item they have ever sold? You have very unrealistic expectations.

Char-Broil grills are made in China. I own a Char-Broil from 2002, and it was made in Canada.

How old is your grill? I am not sure why you'd expect *LOWE'S*, a retailer, to carry anything other than universal parts, or parts for models that they currently stock. You'd go to an AUTO PARTS STORE for auto parts for an old model, right? My local Lowe's hasn't carried your brand for at least 2 years.

Get used to the fact that brand names have been sold to Chinese makers, and any sold brandname can and will be slapped on any product made in any Chinese factory. If you want something made in North America, Weber and Broil King are probably the you need to look at. As for parts, most of those are in the Music City Metals catalog, and Lowe's (and many other retailers, online and B&M) can order grill parts for you out of that catalog, IF the parts are still available. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menard's are NOT your old local mom & pop hardware store that kept obsolete stuff around on shelves until someone might eventually want to buy it.

They are high-volume retailers who stock what is current and what fits a price range for their particular region or locale. Go to your small local store if you want personal service and a relationship.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Carrying original replacement parts
delivery of parts orderd

Lowes review: Employee tries to steal gift card

i received a gift card from lowes 2 days before I went to make a purchase. Cashier said there was only 6 cents left on card and asked to throw it away. I said there was $100 on that card and I have a receipt and everything. After she realized that she was not going to get away with my card, she said that there was $99.94 on the card. Ended up being a full $100 on that card after checking. She was acting very suspicious and strange. Lowes needs better employees in there stores and I'm never buying anything from there again, after knowing what the employees are like.

And did you get that employee's name and report it to management? If not, you deserve what you got because you are not doing your part.

Most employees (at all retail stores) are only part-time now, no benefits, no job security. There are no commissions on sales at Lowe's now. In any position that handles money, you will find *some* people are there to try to steal some.

If there is nothing in the employee's interview, nothing in the background, & not positive for drugs, there is no reason to not hire that employee. $10/hr and no benefits isn't enough wage to attract really high caliber people, other than students and retirees who have other means of support.

@George

excuses excuses, the person was a thief, it doesnt matter how much they make , thats not an excuse. Lowes store are terrible, their employees are lazy creeps who steal and would walk over top of you and still not try to help u with a purchase. That is not the fault of the consumer, that is the fault of the store management.

@Anonymous

I didn't see anyone making an excuse. Just an explanation of the facts.

If the person with the gift card didn't bring it to the attention of the store manager how is this thief going to be stopped? Running home and posting on a web site won't stop this person from doing it again.

@Anonymous

Lowes employees act the way they do because most of the people that shop there are a bunch of ***!

View more comments (3)
Problems with payment

Lowes Staff Review

3.8
Was ignored at paint counter . Waited for 15 plus minutes and employee wstching counter ignored me . Happened at 12.15 today Lowes on hwy 150 in winston salem nc Wish o had video of it . Im sure lowes does