Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Tile Review

I was in your Moreno Valley mall store, was there to buy 1100 sq ft of tile, it took 15 minutes before some came to help, then he couldn't help, then a lady came to help, while we were talking, a white man came she left me and my friend standing there and went to help him, I went to Home Depot and bough my tile, though you need to know this, other then social media or cnn.
Poor customer service

Guarantee not upheld at Lowes!

1.5
Bought some shrubs from Lowes in Oct. on sale. Was told they are still under the 1 yr. guarantee and would be replaced if any problems. At the end of April I called and explained to them some of the shrubs did not make it. They said to bring in the shrubs and the receipt for an exchange. I did as instructed and was even told to go and get the replacement shrubs from the lawn and garden center. When I returned to the desk another women ( Donna) came and said I am not going to let you return them since you bought them on sale. I said they have a 1 yr. guarantee and they told me to bring in the plants for a exchange. She then called another manager (Phil) very overweight guy, who said it is up to him and his discrepancy and he had already lost money since they sold them on sale and was not going to let me return the items and loss more money. I ask why they do not put up a sign saying, that if you buy something on sale you can not exchange it but you have you to pay the difference. He said he has the last word and they do not have to say anything except their policy is: it is up to the manager if he wants to let someone exchange or return something.
Review
Cons
  • Manager attitude
  • Will not uphold guarantee
  • Employees attitude
Warranty issue

Lowes review in West Jordan, Utah: I hate working for Lowe's.

I see so many customer complaints online, and a lot are directed at the employees. Believe me, I understand not every employee is great. But, quite a few times, it's NOT the salesperson who is screwing up your order, or denying your warranty, etc. Most of us bend over backwards to make things right. BUT! This company provides NO training, gives ZERO support at the store level, upper-management doesn't care about you the consumer, nor do they give a *** about the employees. They want your money, and want their workers to work for *** wages, and smile as they toss us under the bus. You have to understand the reason most of your deliveries are late, is because we have no idea when your product is due to come in. We call the warehouse and they tell us 4-7 days. We can't track anything because we are working with a computer system from the 90's. We are pushed and pushed to sell their Extended Protection Plans, and get people signed up for a Lowe's credit card. Your appliance breaks, we can do NOTHING at the store level! Call the # for the warranty dept., but for *** sake have your receipt! You'll jump through hoops to get anything done. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU IN THE STORE! Cussing at me, telling me I am incompetent, etc. is not going to help. If any of us were trained experts in the various depts., we would be working somewhere else. Most of us (myself included) have sought out training on our own time. To try and be better able to help and solve your issues. At some point YOU have to take the initiative and LEARN HOW TO DO A PROJECT ON YOUR OWN!!!! Working here is like being in High School, gossip, favoritism, back-biting, and a general sense that if you aren't a management pet you are not welcome. If you're a guy, you are left to do the heavy lifting and the physical work. Of course 3/4 of the employees are on FMLA for some made up vague "illness". And heaven help you if you discuss anything with HR. They will tell all to the management, who in turn tell their pets, and inside of a week; the entire store knows what you discussed. But, at least after you work there a year, Lowe's throws you a $.15 raise! No commissions. No bonuses....they say you can get one but, they recently changed the qualifying store sales amount to the point where, it's not even a viable option anymore. But, as long as the CEO makes millions in salary and bonuses, screw the employees! Yeah, at least I have a job. And I'm thankful for that. What do any of you care, as long as you get the cheap *** from China, and get to abuse the employees, hopefully that makes you feel better.

SUGGESTION : Get a new job. Often effective.

Be sure to secure the new job before quitting the old one. Provide a two weeks notice ; just because they're crummy doesn't mean that you have to be.

The Lowe's in my area isn't much better than the ones everyone is complaining about. I know that Lowe's doesn't provide any training or I should say very little.

I know this because of the nice lady who works in the window treatment department. She told me she taught herself everything she knows on the computer and this stuff isn't easy either. I placed two large orders for shades for my house and my patio and it was all screwed up but not because of that employee. She did what she was supposed to do.

It was the company who makes the shades that did the screw up. They made the wrong cuts and the wrong color. The subcontractor who installs the shades screwed up too. The lead guy came to my house and made the measurements and that was fine.

When it came time to install the shades on my porch, he was on vacation and someone else came over. The guy had no clue where the shades went. I tried to tell him but him being a macho know-it-all told me I was wrong. My shades weren't installed for weeks.

Someone else came and installed them without any problem.I can't stand Lowe's and I can't stand Home Depot either. I spent thousands of dollars on projects for my house and every project was screwed up. Every one except the attic insulation. That was fine.My three exterior doors and patio door wasn't installed properly and neither was my Pergo laminate flooring.

Do NOT have Home Depot handle anything like this. EVER.

@sfj54

That is mostly hearsay ; inadmissible.

If u want to be ignored Lowe's is perfect, I use to spend 1000.00 a month in there for my business. Crappie service and rude employs I do very little buying here. It took over 2/.75 hrs to get 1 gallon of paint and they had a attitude that if you want to go somewhere else.

@Anonymous

I have recently quit Lowe’s because they are such a nasty place to work women are not safe At Lowes HR covers up the injustice that is being done The managers don’t care is long as they get their bonus checks they’re happy head cashiers are nasty I hate Lowe’s thank God I’m gone I will never shop at Lowe’s ever again

So True.

lowes need more help

All of this is right-on. In 2017 things are still the same working full-time at Lowe's.

No more dept. managers; they gave them the option of applying for a limited number of new zone manager positions, or taking a step down the pay scale into a customer service position for 1 year at which point that position would be eliminated (and thus eliminating the possibility of their collecting unemployment at that time). Commission sales eliminated years ago, absolutely no incentive to sell. Quarterly bonus is rarely seen.

Buttons going off all day long.

No Loaders for customers. Very unsatisfactory workplace.

Lowes pays well if you are a specialist or dept manager. But, they are ruining their own company.

I've worked for Lowes for a year and a half. In that time, I've watched it go downhill fast. First it was not being able to order any inventory and the shelves sit bare. Then you watch as the sales numbers to hit increasingly get put out ahead too far to reach so you get no bonuses.

It doesn't matter that you are way ahead of last year. The decrease in business is fixed by raising prices ridiculously high so you beat last year numbers. Now, we run on a skeleton crew so we use less payroll. it doesn't matter that the customers aren't getting taken care of and may never come back.

The store management only cares about using less and less payroll. so, you watch 3 departments at a time for long periods of time. You know nothing about cabinets but today the cabinets employees were gone by 3pm on a Sunday. I can't watch cabinets you fools!!

Dept managers are used as carryouts or (loaders) as they call them. Who's gonna do your manager duties? You are Lol in between loading toilets, windows, and doors out into people's trucks. Ha ha.

Better sell your stock in Lowe's folks cuz the ship is going down!!! Haha wow hello unemployment line......

#1204559

Don't work for Lowes not worth the pay and the racism that comes along from customers and co workers and management. Truly racist people work for Lowes they pretend to be your friend and then they start with racist comments and behavior.

Run away don't work for them. I am trying to use all my *** vacation paid time and then put in my two weeks. Management pretends to act as if you have no vacation time left but you actually do. They all say one thing and then lie.

*** this company!!!!

Best thing in America is to go to college and or start your own business. After all this country was founded on immigrants working and having their own business just like pizza place that became popular. *** Lowes *** Lowes forever racist foul mouth lier.

Hope whoever reads my post does not end up working for such *** company .

Lowes were top notch racism is accepted and brainwashing is allowed. *** Lowes and company and all there management.

I HAVE FMLA FOR CANCER REASONS SO GET A CLUE

Well I would disagree strongly with this *rant*/ post.

Its true, a lot of people working in your neighborhood Lowes are not trained

experts. The same could be said for anyone working in almost any field...

If you are a teller at a bank does that mean you understand all thing finances? NO.

And to speak out for the entire Lowe's staff, is not only bold but it's ignorant. I have worked with this company for years and others for longer.

This company is by far the best and does the most to take care of its own.

My store, we are an old established store in a run down part of town, but we still have hit our bonus for the last 5 quarters.

But the associates in my store are not "feel sorry for me" people. And after the 4% match against my 401K, and the countless other financial planning services offered completely free of charge, I have put myself in a very good place for retirement, by working at Lowe's.

Considering I'm only 25 is saying something. I can assure you, I am by no means a managers pet, and that however is one of the few topics i will agree with you about. Favoritism is shown, but that is basic human nature. To find an nurture the best fit (does not always mean best qualified).

I would agree that the general population is rude, aggressive, impatient, and lazy... I cant argue the validity of your statement in regards to that, but we as associates just need to take 45seconds and just explain the situations to customers, they for the most part are pretty receptive when they feel like someone is being truly genuine and honest. Instead of playing the name game, "its corporate, its the DC, its the installer" Im sorry you feel so bitter, and yes you should be thankful you have a job, and what ill tell you, is probably something you already know... Lowe's is one of the highest paying company's to work for.

Especially when you take into account that half the hired staff has no degree to speak of. If you feel you could do better, please try.

And i wish you well. But to be honest after reading your post, you just seem bitter, and customers will pick up on that.

View more comments (11)

Lowes - Work Experience Review from Saint Louis, Missouri

4.3
I was just fired from Lowe's. Last year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and missed some time off due to being ill from my treatments. It wasn't until after I was put on a final for missing work that they agreed to wipe the slate clean because I brought up other situations where employees were allowed to miss more time than me and had been there less time than I. So I had 3 occurrences as they call it since Jan 1 when they said they were wiping the slate clean and I was told that I had more than 5 and I was let go. I still believe I should have never even been on a final. I have cancer I mean really I know for a fact one other employee was allowed to miss weeks at a time due to anxiety. Which our H.R had a special arrangement for him. By the way I was told by the Store manager and ASM that they checked for me and I wasn't eligible for FMLA when I was going through treatments.

You were eligible for intermittent leave. HR and management should have informed you.

File a claim against them. You will win

Yes you were able for FMLA, you HR should have had you apply whit the Reed Group. They handle the FMLA process!!

Your cancer is a reason to be approved for FMLA!!!! It is for serious or chronic conditions

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Bait and switch!!

2.0
Lowes review - Bait and switch!!
Ordered a light fixture Item #: 411817 Model #: 1271 SN, which is pictured on line as a 3 light fixture. I received a single light fixture. I called the 800 number where the agent advised me that they have a disclaimer that states they are not responsible for errors on their website and I could order two more lights at 3 times the original cost if I like. She went on to say that it was pictured with 3 separate lights. I pointed out that she was incorrect. After listening to her lies and misinformation, I asked to speak to the supervisor, all she did was to fob me off to the local store taking no responsibility to correct the issue.
Order processing issue

Lowes - Store Atmosphere Review from The Crossings, Florida

Just spent a wasted two hours wandering through Lowes on 137th Ave in Kendall. I keep giving this store a chance but waiting for help is like trying to finding a needle in a haystack. The customer service here is the worst!!! I would rate a -4 when you finally get the lady we got her attitude was we don't do that so you should not be here. Thanks lady I believe you are right, then I heard over the loud speaker 9 calls for help in the wood cutting area I strolled on by just to check it out since I could find no help and needed to empty my cart put back by intended other purchases. Went by just to see if it could possibly be true or my imagination wow disabled lady with a dog that sealed it for me! Home Depot here I come! I done trying to justify your existence in my neighborhood hope business like yours gets better or leaves!
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania: Loose and bulging carpet from poor Lowe's installation

THIS IS COPY OF LETTER SENT TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND LOWE'S RESPONSE. In Nov 2011 Lowe's installed 6 rooms of carpeting. 13 months later, the carpet was sagging and bulging in 2 of those rooms and a seam was showing in a 3rd room. Lowe's re-stretched the carpet in the 2 rooms and fixed the seam even though it was 1 month past the 1 year installation warranty. 1 year later, the carpeting in the same 2 rooms started loosening again, creating hills more than an inch or 2 high, and the same has occurred, to a lesser degree, in 3 more of the rooms. The carpet is bulging, can be lifted off the floor easily and it is hard to close the bedroom door because the carpet has bunched at the strip. In addition, the same seam is beginning to show again. During the 5 months we have spent trying to get Lowe’s to resolve this problem, I discovered that they did not follow proper industry standards according to Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) which require the installer to “allow the carpeting to sit for an appropriate period of time before installing (at least 24 hours).” Ours was installed the same day it was delivered; in winter, where, according to those standards, temp made an even bigger impact. In addition, a "helper" did most of the installation in the two worst rooms. According to the Install Mgr from Belle Vernon Lowe's, who finally did come out and look at the carpeting after 5 months of pleading, “You can lift it. This is an installation problem.” “The carpet itself is in good condition.” “The helper was only supposed to carry carpeting.” He seemed genuinely surprised that the helper actually installed carpeting. Two days after his visit, the Lowe's Belle Vernon General Manager called to say that "Yes, it is an installation problem. Because it's past the one year warranty, we can’t do anything for you.” A letter sent to Lowe's Corporate resulted in the same response. They all say there is nothing they can do, but I counter that there is nothing they are willing to do. I understand completely that businesses need to protect themselves against unreasonable claims. I even understand that these problems occurred after the warranty expired so, technically, they are not required to fix them. What I don’t understand is what kind of company acknowledges that their poor installation caused a problem (which became obvious only 1 month past the warranty expiration and then occurred again 1 year after they “fixed” it) but then cares so little about customer satisfaction that they are only willing to do that to which they are legally bound. What I am left with now is that this is the quality of Lowe’s work and, apparently, they are fine with that standard and perception. Their customers are not their priority. Doing the bare minimum is. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------Lowe's response was "YES, IT'S AN INSTALLATION PROBLEM, THEREFORE, IT'S PAST THE WARRANTY; AND WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY.----------------------------------- We are not surprised with this response since, as we stated in our original complaint, that has been their response all along. We are disappointed that Lowes refuses to accept responsibility for, by their own admission, their bad installation. Ours was not a situation where something wore due to use. It was a sub-standard installation that failed very shortly after the warranty expired. Quality carpet installation would not produce these severe bulges and hills within a 2-3 year time frame. This has been a costly lesson for us that we hope others do not have to experience. We made a mistake entrusting Lowes with this expensive, and now unsightly, project in our home. Based on their unwillingness to stand behind their mistake, we will not be entrusting them with our future business. In addition, we hope this information can help others know what they may experience if they decide to use Lowes for this type of service.

I am having the same issue with poor carpet installation from Lowe's. Would you be willing to (or have you already) complained via the PA Attorney General's Website?

If enough consumers complain, we might get Lowe's to stop taking advantage of customers like this...and perhaps get some resolution.

Thank you for your consideration. Edie

Review
Cons
  • Lack of responsibility

Lowes - Washer And Dryer Review from Winter Park, Florida

Lowes in the villages is a racist store. First of all the villages have a small percentage of black residents. Iam from ocala florida. I went to the villages lowes because they had a washer and dryer that was not offered at any of the three lowes in ocala. I found out that they offered 10% off your total if you were a veteran. I gave them my military id card and my dd form 214 form but they would not accept it. They did not accept it because they say it did not look like the ones that they had on file. The ones that they had on file showed a white persons face mine showed my face which is black. i dont care about the 10% DISCOUNT but dont DISCRIMINATE. Ive serve my country protecting black and white. I feel bad. I will never step foot in that lowes again.

Lowes review in Nanuet, New York: The worst customer service ever seen

I bought a snow thrower a year ago. It was a refurbished one and never mentioned to me. Its chute wasn't built in the right way. Took it to the store three times for repair. Imagine how hard to carry that machine to the store each time. Now three months have passed since the third time repair started by the store. No reply yet. Also they cancelled my Loews credit card without my knowledge or information. I called several times for the current status but they put me on hold for 32 minutes and hang up on me. I never go to Loews anymore.
Review
Cons
  • Unwilling to help
  • Rude executive associate

Lowes - Window Installation Review from Barberton, Ohio

Lowes contaminated our home with lead dust during a window installation in October of 2014. This was a result of their failure to adhere to the EPA's regulations for RRP. When we asked them about what procedures should have been followed we were first told that Michigan did not have regulations that needed to be followed (false) and were then told that the installer was trained to be able to visually detect the presence of hazardous materials and he did not note any concerns (the lead dust samples showed contamination in the entire home at levels 5 times the safe limit). During the course of what they call a "settlement" they actively attempted to minimize their responsibility by fabricating material facts and attempting to obtain estimates for lead abatement by companies who had never seen the home. We were offered a srttlement amount much lower than the documented damages and told that they may be persuaded to increase the amount if we had our attorney contact them and explain what argument they intended to use in court. The kicker is that they never finished the project, still owe us windows, and never refunded any of the $35,000 that we paid them. As of the date of this note we have a home that we have not been able to occupy since October of 2014 and hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.