Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Master Forge made of shotty materials!!! WORTHLESS

I purchased a Master Forge four burner gas grill last year from the recommendation of the employee at Lowes at how amazing the grill was. Only one season and our grill grates have cracked open and are all rusted. The inside of the grill is rusted too. My husband had to take it apart and use a wire brush to scrape off all of the rust. Can't imagine its going to last one more season. What a POS! I spend good money on this with the intention of not having to buy another new grill every year. NOT The outside is great all stainless steel and pretty but the important parts on the is inside which is the important *** is made of *** materials and worthless. Shame on you Master Forge and Lowes for recommending it to me!
Bad quality

Lowes in Reynoldsburg, Ohio - More work down the road

I bought 2 gallons from my local Lowes, after taking it back to have them mix it for the proper 5 minutes i finally got started on my deck. I have 3 small dogs and they love to lay on the deck and i feared they would get splinters. So I rolled on the perfect color 2 coats in all and then I did my steps and railings where there seems to be more than my share of splinters. This was done in June 2014.......fast forward to 2015 and what do my wandering eyes see all my steps are peeled almost completely off. And now you just walk on the deck and what happens oh its peeling horribly......Someone will pay. I will be calling my local Lowes and PPG INDUSTRIES. DO NOT BUY.......
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I purchased a washer AND dryer from lowes, they called telling me my order was ready to be shipped. The next day the delivery men came with only a washer. After an hour of being on the phone and getting no where I finally had to go to the store only to find out that the dryer I had already paid for was then sold and delivered to someone else! Three days later and MANY MANY frustrating calls from lowes and their delivery company we are finally getting our dryer. I would NEVER EVER purchase an appliance from lowes again. Their customer service has been horrendous and disappointing as we go to lowes frequently.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Purchase of damaged idem/cull idems

On a given day I wish to buy an appliance that is damaged and request to pickup next day which I am told OK we will put a pickup next tag on it or to be delivered next day. No problem. But on the next day I wish to buy a bundle of damaged lumber/shingles/ on different end of store But the sales person [states its company policy you buy you have to take it with you when purchased. You tell him/her you are in a auto and have to get a truck and would like to pickup next day or later. Reply, No can do Company Policy it has to be taken when bought. Why? It's a sale and a Sold Pickup later tag could be put on it as was the appliance. Who makes Company Policies A manager at a given store or the owner/s who pay the employees/manger who tells a person its Company Policy. I would like a reply by mail to 104 Spring Road, Laurens, SC 29360 or Email to Kathyjohn@yahoo.com. I don't understand why Lowes has a price posted on a idem and a customer who wants to buy but you Have to take it when you buy No working with customer giving him/her time to get a truck/trailer to haul. No One Store by name but told at more than one. If you have a written policy stating I would like to have a copy by mail. Thank you

The cashier should / could have sold it as a pick up later. The cashier did not want to rering you up and get head cashier or manager to refumd rebill you items. Poor custer service.

The reason stores want you to take merchandise like this with you is they can't replace it and they want it gone. As you say, you intend to come back the next day or "later".

People think once they pay for it it can sit there till they are ready to pick it up. On clearance product they want it out of the store so they have room for current product they can sell.

Stores are not storage lockers. Pay for it ad take it if you want it.

View more comments (1)

Management at the Lowes in Pooler

There is a store Manager and four Assistants. Only two Assistants are excellent, the rest are horrible. They preach constantly about engaging the customers. Only two of the four assistants engage. Not even the Store Manager greets. They constantly hire seasonal employees and curtail their employment after 90 days. The turn over rate is huge. The store Manager prides himself with his unethical actions. such a shame because Lowe's is an excellent company with poor Management. Trials and tribulations, constant drama on the front-end. No one addresses the actual issues. People design unique excuses for calling out or not reporting to work. Morale is low in this store. When entering this store the tension feeling is high. The store does not seem inviting.
#962047

I'm not sure how yiu can say 'Lowe's is an excellent company but they have poor management." What exactly makes them an excellent company then? Their workers only reflect the lousy management's attitudes and lack of drive.

Computers don't run a corporation. The buildings don't make an excellent corporation. The products they sell don't make an excellent corporation. Is it the "concept" that you think is excellent?

Lowe's is a wretched corporation where customer satisfaction is non existent. I'm surprised their doors are still open.

Lowes in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Rude customer service personnel

4.0
My son and I went to the Lowes store in Belle Vernon, PA. He wanted to return a drill set that he had purchased (approximately $399.00 + tax and a two year warranty. It wasn't exactly what he wanted and he asked for a refund of his money. The cashier/customer service personnel asked him what was the problem and he explained it to her. She then called her supervisor. She told my son that he had to have a better excuse for returning the drill set than the explanation he gave her. She reluctantly then said he could get his money back . The clerk who had waited on him counted out his money and practically threw it at him. It turned out that he did not get the money back that he had paid for the warranty. Had she counted the money back to him in a civilized way, I would not have had to make a trip back to Lowes to get the remaining amount of money returned. My major complaint is that any money should be counted back to the customer. This is simply good business etiquette. It might take at least 30 seconds to do this, but the extra time would be worth it. My second complaint is the personnel you hire. These girls are bored and are boring. They are not concerned with good business practices. I will not go back to the Belle Vernon Lowes store in the near future. I will go to the Uniontown, PA store because the clerks are more pleasant and they don't give the customers a hard time.

Why did he buy it if it wasn't what he wanted? Sounds like he bought it, used it for the project he was working on and returned it when he was done.

Retail stores shouldn't be used as a rental shop. You just drive up the cost of goods for everyone.

@Anonymous

Another corporate cronie trying to make excuses for poor customer service ??? You're ridiculous to try to blame the Lowe's customer for having issues in their store!

Have you never bought anything that turned out to he not what you were needing or wanting or expecting ? The ONLY mistake I think the original poster made was to say they would still patronize any Lowe's store at all. There are by far way more places to buy drills or any of the items Lowe's somewhat stocks and you leave happy, not feeling like you have to go to pissed consumer to vent !!!

( no offense pissed consumer, glad you are here so we can advise each other on what corporations to avoid) And I'm here to tell EVERYONE to avoid the type of horrible experience i had at Lowes and that so many others are experiencing to avoid Lowe's at all costs , there is a high probability you will have the same wretched experience we had ! You sir are as ridiculous as Lowe's !

@mstevenson918

Sure there are plenty of other store to buy drills. They don't want you bringing them back after you have used them either. Do your research before you go out and spend $400 on tools.

@Anonymous

I just spent 39.99 on an AWESOME drill with ALL sorts of attachments and a carrying bag at Home Depot. I LOVE my new drill and couldn't be happier with it.

My dad who lived to be 89 bought ALL of his tools, mowers and appliances at Sears. He was a huge fan of craftsman. I still have some of his tools and an air compressor that he bought from them some 40 years ago.

So YES there are a multitude of places to by items that Lowe's sells and you don't have to put up with their rudeness.

And do you honestly think anyone would buy a product, use it, then return it ( soooo unethical ) and then go on a public forum to complain about it ???? Nooooo way pal !!! "Anonymous" you sir are a dummy !

A little logic and common sense goes a long way !!! I'm gonna tell Lowe's they need to keep the money they are paying you to defend their rudeness and hire me to train their employees !

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Personnel working there
Preferred solution
Instruct you employees to count back the money whether at check out or for refunds

Lowes in Wapakoneta, Ohio - Screen door installed wrong/Poor Customer Service

1.5
I bought a front door and screen door through Lowe's. I had Purchased the door on February 13. It didn't get installed until March 11. I bought them as is. Why it took a month to install is beyond me. The installer was supposed to arrive between 8-10 am and he didn't come until 11:30. He then was working on the doors at our house from 11:30 to 8:30. He took 9 hours. My husband was not planning to be off work all day. After 9 hours of work it was not installed right. The screen door does not latch when our main door is closed. I called the store back and told them I need the installer to come back on the weekend as we cannot miss any more work. They sent the installer on a Friday. Then he still couldn't fix it. I have called corporate and they have failed to call me back. I feel like Lowe's failed me as a customer.

keep up with calling corporate, they are slow but they get things done the right way!

Sounds like you got a bad egg, im sorry it happened to you.

I have worked with Lowe's a long time... and believe it or not, once we have contracts with some of these

installers we are legally bound to them, and we cant just get rid of them, even if we know they are garbage.

It sucks but it is the way it is.

There is no way to know who is a quality installer or not before we work with them.

Word to the wise ask for the installers who are on there 2nd contract.

that means during there time with Lowe's they received a 90% satisfaction or higher and we re-hired them. Stick with it, and im sorry!

@realemployeeaccout

Seriously ???? Please explain to me how the original poster or any non Lowe's employee that is purchasing an item that needs to be installed would know to "ask for an installer that is on their second contract?

" I feel like I am in the twilight zone reading your reply ! So many holes so little time !

Lowe's has people who can draw up a contract that clearly states if you fail to install a job correctly you will not be paid nor will you be a sub contractor for Lowe's any longer ! And just the mere FACT and you are stating you are a representative of Lowe's that they find it acceptable to keep contractors that do a unacceptable job 10% of the time is UNBELIEVABLE to me and PROVES LOWE'S DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE OR SATISFACTION !!!

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Price
  • Wrong product delivered
  • Lack of response
Full refund

Lowes in Richmond Hill, Ontario - Simply cancelled part of my order, and BAD customer service

I ordered some garden stakes the other day online with save the tax promotion. The order went through smoothly. However, the next day I got an email saying part of my order has been cancelled without any explanation. I called the online customer service number, and being told no more stock. I said I can wait, with a reply "no, we don't do this.". Then I asked if they can honor the discount once get stock, a even colder reply "no". When I challenged "if this is the way you dealing with customer orders", the cold-voiced lady said "hold on, let me transfer you to the store". With hope, I started speaking with the lady in the store. After repeating the story, I got a little warm "no", "no" for the questions, and an even frustrated message: "you ordered online, so you have to deal with online customer service. I cannot transfer you back, so you have to call again." Impressed, Lowes! Jason, a pissed customer
mstevenson918

All I can say from my experience with Lowe's and apparently yours.....don't buy from them anymore. And tell your friends and family the same.

There are far too many places to shop to buy hone improvement items where you won't be left feeling like you were screwed over while spending your hard earned money. 2k posters on here don't seem like a lot but if each of us keep spreading the word (and considering the fact their corporate office isn't doing anything to promote customer service except to hire some corporate *** to troll these boards and to bully their customers) and that everyday there are more and more dissatisfied customers, they are headed into receivership

Review
Cons
  • Customer service received
Let the company propose a solution

Negligent misrepresentation of Lowes installer being qualified and insured

Lowes of Catskill and Lowes' contractor David Bacucci of Country Mtn. Corporation are guilty of negligent misrepresentation of Bacucci being a qualified roofer who was fully insured and vetted by Lowes to perform roofing resulted in extensive property damage and economic loss. Lowe's was intimately involved in the purchase of roofing repair services, had a duty to us, promised that they only use reliable, skilled workmen who are fully insured for the work; that Lowe's breached this duty. When roofer caused extensive property damage due to careless work, it turned out insurance policy had roofing exclusion, contractor only insured to deliver appliances for Lowes. Not install roofing, yet on two occasions Lowes Specialist Lars White brought David Bacucci to property to provide roofing estimates and represented him as working for Lowes" "fully vetted by Lowes" and having "full documentation of insurance." Lowes Store Manager, Rodney Mata tendered he would file a claim with Lowes on our behalf to help with repairs from water damage when roofer left raw roof exposed during heavy rainstorm. Now 90 days later, Lowes claim agent Kelly Jo Hill has been totally unresponsive and combative regarding claim. I would never use Lowes home improvement services and will make sure to spread the word of their fraudulant business practices.

If you contract with Lowe's to do a job and the job or the installer go bad, we, Lowe's will make good on our commitment to get the job done right.

But if you sign a contract with one of our installer and not with us, that's between you and him and not with us.

If you want to directly with one of our independent contractors and leave us out, because you thing you can save money, that's on you.

The main reason you would go through us, is for the safe guards we bring to the table. When you sign a contract with a company, that's not Lowe's you can't expect Lowes to honor someone else's contract.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Home improvement services

Lowes in Overland Park, Kansas - Poor Customer Service

Bought a Troy Built Power Washer and the 3 Yr extended Warranty. What they do not tell you is neither the manufacture nor the extended warranty covers Carberator problems. Today the store will tell you are covered by the warranty. Even the Lowes Service Rep will tell you that you are covered. You wont find out until you need repair. And dont waste time calling the normal Customer service or repair number. They wont give you the real answer. I had to get to the Executive Customer service to find out everything Ive been told is wrong and Im not covered Unbelievable