Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Staff Review from Mooresville, North Carolina

Horrible horrible service. I was looking for help with cabinets and no,one was here to help me. And 5 employees walked past me and,didn't ask me if I needed help.
mstevenson918

We had the same thing happen to us at their Ocala, Florida store while shopping for an entire home remodel. They must do ZERO customer service training.

At this point I would suggest to their corporate office to fire ALL of them and go strictly automated and a true diy store. Drop their prices since their payroll will be so low. THAT really is the only way I see them surviving another 20 years. I have NEVER Iin my life seen an entire group of lazy, laxidasicle people.

They could not have found more non customer service oriented people than if they went to a morgue!

Lowes - Estimate Review from Winter Springs, Florida

2.8
Took a brand new mower back to lowes because the carburetor was plugged. Altaquip came back with an estimate for rebuilding the engine for 300 dollars and wanted to charge 73 dollars for the diagnosis. I flipped went back to lowes picked up the mower brought it home cleaned out the clog in the carb and it started first pull. FIRST PULL! Lowes extended warranty and altaquip are scam artists. I talked with the altascam manager because they forgot to put all the bolts back in and had to roll up my pants because it was getting so deep. The problem is the majority of people dont know they are getting taken and just pay the bill. I am probably 1 in 1000 who are mechanicly inclined and knew what was wrong before it went to altaquip. Dont trust Altaquip or Lowes, scam artists through and through.
Review
#612052 Review #612052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Estimate
Warranty issue

Lowes in Riverside County, California - False Advertisement.....They immediately run out of the advertised item

Mira Loma, California Store Very bad customer service, took 10 minutes to find an associate just to find out that they ran out of product they advertised a few days ago. The ad didn't say anything about limited quantities or no rain check issued and they didn't even try offering a comparable item. The associate started arguing about advertisement and was just rude. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people. Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people....Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery.
mstevenson918

Had the same experience at their Ocala, Florida store. Rude, lazy employees.

And they hang sales flyers on more expensive items then try to substitute a much cheaper item. We picked out a bathroom vanity that had a sales flyer attached to it but there weren't any of that vanity boxed up so we asked an employee to see if they had any in stock and she said she would check which color do we want and I said the exact one there and pointed at it and added the white one. She said ohhhhh THAT particular vanity isn't on sale..the one that is on sale is one without any drawers. I said well why in the world would you hang a sales flyer on THAT vanity.

Put it on the one that is on sale...Like. ..DUH !!! But then we saw that was a common practice throughout the store. I guess some people will go ahead and pay the higher price because they liked the item they believed was on sale so much that once at the register they won't say no take it back and bring me the less desirable sale item.

It's a VERY low down, dirty practice, is VERY misleading, and is FALSE advertisment.

If it isn't an illegal practice, it certainly should be !

Sounds like you went in to buy plants. The ads often show a variety of plants at a given price.

Lowes and most other stores don't have acres of land out back where they grow plants. The get shipments in form various nurseries.

You can't expect them to have an unlimited supply of every variety of plant on hand every day. You have unreasonable expectations of a store that sells live plants.

@Anonymous

@ Anonymous: YOU have to be a Lowe's corporate cronie who trolls these boards making up excuses for extremely poor customer service. And I'm here to tell you, you may as well stop defending them because first off there is NO excuse for horrible customer service and secondly after the experience I had with Lowe's I am here to post after each one of your snide, rude posts and shut you down from trying to make the customer feel inadequate or to blame because apparently after having such a bad experience they must feel like the ONLY mistake they made was to attempt to shop at Lowe's in the first place.

The original poster is by far in the right to expect an equal item if Lowe's marketing employees are too *** to put the disclaimer of limited supplies, sorry no rain checks.

But even with that disclaimer I wouldn't go shop at the store. The correct and customer service thing to do is offer an item of equal value or a rain check when they have another shipment in.

@mstevenson918

It's a well known fact that Lowe's and Home Depot hire companies to contradict any negative comments against them. It's a new thing called internet reputation management. That's what this guy is.

@klaatu

Well its ONLY making them look worse. (IF that's possible) He comes out immediately slamming the original poster and Lowe's customer!

He is an incessant bully that I hope Lowe's wakes up soon and realizes he is only making the situation go from really really bad to horrible! He tries to make them feel *** or like whatever issue they had was their fault somehow. Instead of acknowledging and fixing the REAL issue...HORRIBLE customer service ! It's soooo simple to fix.

IF Lowe's really cared about their customers.

View more comments (4)
Review
#611961 Review #611961 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Manager Review from Ocala, Florida

Don't even buy light bulbs from them! My husband and I started a whole house remodel at Lowes. After having to constantly seek out help in each department and being extremely rudely spoken to in the aisles , when we stopped two male employees gabbing to ask for assistance in calculating how much flooring materials we will need to purchase (carpeting, laminate and tiles, ( one lost his attitude when he realized we were talking about an ENTIRE house), but then off we go to pick out a new front door and was told the woman in that department was "all alone and too busy" to have a door sent to the front for us, mind you there were NO customers in sight in either department, I finally went to seek out a manager. He apologized profusely and walked around assisting us in purchasing some other items ( bathroom vanities , lighting , fans, ) and we set up an appointment for a window consultation. We were going to have them do our kitchen as well, until we were waiting for our original items to be delivered and when the two weeks turned into three and they delivered us a damaged master bathroom vanity that was the last straw ! All of the items have been returned and we will NEVER shop Lowe's again! It really is a shame that it took them for them to provide any sort of customer service the realization that we were spending $30,000.00 on a remodel before they thought we were worthy of their time. What about if we just wanted to by new plants for our garden ??? Ridiculous !!!

I din't work a Lowes but do work in the industry. I hope your attitude in the store wasn't the "I'm spending a lot of money, so you had better drop what you are doing and help me" attitude.

You have to realize you aren't the only person in the store. Let me give you an example. As a department manager I had a salesperson who was working with a customer ask my new assistant if a product was available. He wasn't sure and they came to me to ask the question.

As I was telling them how to get this product a customer walked by and assumed we were all shooting the breeze and complained to the store manager that we weren't helping them. It may have looked like we were standing around talking but in the 5 minutes it took to explain how to order the item both my assistant and salesperson learned how to order this product and made a $7500.00 sale. Your expectation of the only sales person in a department to push a cart (that you are just as able to push) to the front of the store leaving the department without anyone to assist others is just as rude to other customers. Not only that, you have a cart sitting in the way at the front of the store while you shop.

You may not have seen any other customers but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I will often be working with a customer and have to go to the sales desk and look up product in a catalog or on the computer for a customer while they continue to look at a product.

It looks like I am alone at the desk but I am actually doing research for a customer aisles away. Try a job in retail for awhile and you may not be so quick to judge.

@Anonymous

WOW ....where to start??? I have a HORRIBLE experience at LOWE'S and you want to blame me ???

(LoL)

I didn't even mention that when we picked out a certain tile after the rude guy who was busy talking to the other employee about his fishing trip the previous day finally decided he would help us when I so very politely asked " excuse me gentleman., would one of you give us a hand when you have a moment please?" ( I didn't just come out of the woods yesterday and I can conduct myself in public socially) But when he finally broke off his "tall tale" and came to help us, he calculated how much flooring we needed and then when my husband was loading the super heavy tile boxes by himself (and there was NO offer to help load them) found out that there wasn't enough tile to do the job on their shelves I went to seek out the fisherman/Lowe's employee who was sweeping an aisle and again I so VERY politely said "when you are finished sweeping would you please find out if you have more of this tile (and I showed him the sample piece that we wanted to purchase ) in stock , " And he visibly sighed and said "sure, I know we have several palates in the back but I'm gonna have to "find" a forklift to get it down and someone to spot me, it could take a couple of hours," and when I smiled and said "THANKS, that would be great ! ( even though I really didn't need a lesson on their restocking polices and procedures) . I went on to tell him that we have to visit every department they have and we would most certainly be there for a couple of more hours. So he proceeds to ask me, " oh btw, what type of sub flooring are you putting this tile over?" And when I said "it's a stilt home and it's the upper floor which the sub floor is wood," he said "well let me show you ALL the things you will need to put tile over wood, it gets pretty expensive, " I replied "great.

, let's go over to where my husband is at so you can explain it to him, although my husband already knew what else besides the tile we needed to buy , but I was beginning to be floored by this guy's non sales attitude and wanted my husband to figure out what was going on, besides it being painfully apparent the Lowe's employee would much rather be fishing or anything else really, other than assisting a Lowe's customer. So he tells my husband and we say okay, thanks we will "add" those items to our list, will you please grab us 4 more boxes of that tile when you work out the logistics of it all. He started to walk away from us but then turned and said "well I want to make sure you both realize WE (and I assume since him and us were the only ones in the aisle and the only ones in the conversation that he meant LOWE'S. , "do not recommend putting tile over wood." So at that point I am beyond being floored, just downright perplexed.

THAT is not a policy of Lowe's , that is a policy of the fisherman pretending to be a Lowe's employee all the while collecting a Lowe's paycheck. So we say "well then cancel pulling more tile out of the inventory for us, we will have to figure out what other type of flooring we are going to do" and he very quickly replied "okay" and walked away. ( update: we bought floor tile and the necessary items to put it over wood at HOME DEPOT and it turned out GORGEOUS! !!) So back to YOUR comment.

.....I know I am NOT royalty nor was I born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have worked VERY hard for what I have. I HAVE worked in retail, then opened my own business, built up my clientele with EXCELLENT customer service and then sold my interior design business for a very nice profit when I decided to go to nursing school. I also have wanted to design homes since I was a small child, so when the opportunity presented to start "flipping" houses I jumped at it.

But with the miserable experience with Lowe's. , it almost killed that desire, as I was thinking there is NO way I am going to have to struggle with lazy people just to spend money to rehab houses, I DON'T want to do that! Thankfully we found that ALL other stores we visited to finish our first project the employees were beyond helpful and acted as if they were glad we were there. A LITTLE customer service goes a LONG way.

Lastly, we NEVER had the "arrogance " that because we were planning on spending a lot of money there that they should cater to us, remember I was more than willing to wait while he finished talking fish with his buddy and while he swept the floor to get the things I needed, nor did we say, "hey we have a lot of money you better rush over here and help us (smh) and while their manager lacks most every aspect of a good manager he did have enough common sense after seeing our list of items we were purchasing that we were spending a lot of money, so he smiled and tried to make nice only to end up proving Lowe's has ZERO customer service when it came to us.

I hope you don't have the same experience so, I would recommend NOT shopping at Lowe's.

@Anonymous

I have to add a little more because I reread your VERY snide comment...and let me tell you that ALL you made were EXCUSES for lousy customer service. Any and ALL training should be done OFF of the sales floor so there is NO perception that you are standing around gossiping and if it is URGENT ( which considering this IS retail and NOT an EMERGENCY ROOM, urgent is highly unlikely, so take the training behind closed doors., but if you HAVE to do it in front of a waiting customer than for goodness sake, ADDRESS THE WAITING CUSTOMER.

Let ME give YOU an example, while smiling say,"hey folks nice to see you today, I will be with you in just a minute , as soon as I help my associate locate an item." I PROMISE you NO complaint would have been made, that very small acknowledgement would have appeased your OTHER CUSTOMER and they would have been more than fine waiting ! Also we aren't *** we can and DID locate a cart to fill up, but the leaded front door was high on an upper shelf so we had no access to it even if it wasn't too heavy for my husband to lift himself. We needed them to take it down. So instead of listening to another speal of the logistics of how they took heavy items off of a shelf, we ever so politely asked the woman in the door department if when she had time to send up that door to the front so we could purchase it after we finished shopping in the other departments.

She told us she was the "ONLY" person working and she wasn't sure she would have the time ! That is probably the most ABSURD thing anyone could say in sales. Let me give you another example since you are so fond of them.....have you ever shopped at Publix ? They have the BEST customer service in the grocery business.

While I am quite certain the 6'4" 200 lbs 20 something guy in line in front of me can load his groceries into his car by himself...they ALWAYS ask "would you like help taking this out to your car?" THAT is why people are willing to pay slightly higher prices than other grocers, well that and their store cleanliness, which is ALSO related to THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. Something apparently you and Lowe's do not .

@mstevenson918

Your arguing with a hired gun. I would recommend to just buy elsewhere as opposed to putting up with their ***. Sooner or later they will get the message, hopefully when they are in receivership.

@klaatu

Thanks for the advice and yes I will never buy anything from them again. And yeah after seeing "Anonymous" all over the boards attacking the original posters I figured he/she/it is being paid by Lowe's to squelch people from complaining about them, instead of fixing the real issue.

Way to waste money Lowes....just making it even clearer you don't care at all about your customers when you pay this rude *** to publicly bully your customers !!!

Receivership it will be !!!

Smh @ all of you

Did you speak to the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager?

@Meee

Meee, I know my post was long winded but midway through my second "paragraph" I said we sought out a manager. He lied to us about when our items would be delivered and after reflecting on the entire disastrous experience I realized that the management at Lowes HAS to be to blame.

A manager's staff is going to be a direct representation of his or herself. So to be direct, a managers staff is going to be as awesome as the manager or as horrible as apparently he is.

@mstevenson918

I doubt he lied about the delivery date. I expect some of your items were ordered and he quoted the expected delivery time supplied by the vendor of the product.

Unfortunately there are many things that can cause a delay.

Backorders, dock strikes, a truck breaks down, whether delays and the list goes on. If time is critical only buy items in stock and take them with you.

@Anonymous

Well your post makes sense, and ALL of those reasons would be totally acceptable . But considering the fact that Lowe's never called to tell us they weren't coming to deliver our items on the day he stated and i had to call them the next day to say "hey we sat here all day waiting on your delivery truck and it never showed w, what happened?" speaks volumes of their customer service.....ZERO !

Also considering he gave us a delivery date that was two WEEKS out and then the delivery didn't happen...THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A LIE !

View more comments (8)

Lowes - Master Forge made of shotty materials!!! WORTHLESS

I purchased a Master Forge four burner gas grill last year from the recommendation of the employee at Lowes at how amazing the grill was. Only one season and our grill grates have cracked open and are all rusted. The inside of the grill is rusted too. My husband had to take it apart and use a wire brush to scrape off all of the rust. Can't imagine its going to last one more season. What a POS! I spend good money on this with the intention of not having to buy another new grill every year. NOT The outside is great all stainless steel and pretty but the important parts on the is inside which is the important *** is made of *** materials and worthless. Shame on you Master Forge and Lowes for recommending it to me!
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Reynoldsburg, Ohio - More work down the road

I bought 2 gallons from my local Lowes, after taking it back to have them mix it for the proper 5 minutes i finally got started on my deck. I have 3 small dogs and they love to lay on the deck and i feared they would get splinters. So I rolled on the perfect color 2 coats in all and then I did my steps and railings where there seems to be more than my share of splinters. This was done in June 2014.......fast forward to 2015 and what do my wandering eyes see all my steps are peeled almost completely off. And now you just walk on the deck and what happens oh its peeling horribly......Someone will pay. I will be calling my local Lowes and PPG INDUSTRIES. DO NOT BUY.......
Damaged or defective
Loss
Full refund

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I purchased a washer AND dryer from lowes, they called telling me my order was ready to be shipped. The next day the delivery men came with only a washer. After an hour of being on the phone and getting no where I finally had to go to the store only to find out that the dryer I had already paid for was then sold and delivered to someone else! Three days later and MANY MANY frustrating calls from lowes and their delivery company we are finally getting our dryer. I would NEVER EVER purchase an appliance from lowes again. Their customer service has been horrendous and disappointing as we go to lowes frequently.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Purchase of damaged idem/cull idems

On a given day I wish to buy an appliance that is damaged and request to pickup next day which I am told OK we will put a pickup next tag on it or to be delivered next day. No problem. But on the next day I wish to buy a bundle of damaged lumber/shingles/ on different end of store But the sales person [states its company policy you buy you have to take it with you when purchased. You tell him/her you are in a auto and have to get a truck and would like to pickup next day or later. Reply, No can do Company Policy it has to be taken when bought. Why? It's a sale and a Sold Pickup later tag could be put on it as was the appliance. Who makes Company Policies A manager at a given store or the owner/s who pay the employees/manger who tells a person its Company Policy. I would like a reply by mail to 104 Spring Road, Laurens, SC 29360 or Email to Kathyjohn@yahoo.com. I don't understand why Lowes has a price posted on a idem and a customer who wants to buy but you Have to take it when you buy No working with customer giving him/her time to get a truck/trailer to haul. No One Store by name but told at more than one. If you have a written policy stating I would like to have a copy by mail. Thank you

The cashier should / could have sold it as a pick up later. The cashier did not want to rering you up and get head cashier or manager to refumd rebill you items. Poor custer service.

The reason stores want you to take merchandise like this with you is they can't replace it and they want it gone. As you say, you intend to come back the next day or "later".

People think once they pay for it it can sit there till they are ready to pick it up. On clearance product they want it out of the store so they have room for current product they can sell.

Stores are not storage lockers. Pay for it ad take it if you want it.

View more comments (1)

Management at the Lowes in Pooler

There is a store Manager and four Assistants. Only two Assistants are excellent, the rest are horrible. They preach constantly about engaging the customers. Only two of the four assistants engage. Not even the Store Manager greets. They constantly hire seasonal employees and curtail their employment after 90 days. The turn over rate is huge. The store Manager prides himself with his unethical actions. such a shame because Lowe's is an excellent company with poor Management. Trials and tribulations, constant drama on the front-end. No one addresses the actual issues. People design unique excuses for calling out or not reporting to work. Morale is low in this store. When entering this store the tension feeling is high. The store does not seem inviting.
#962047

I'm not sure how yiu can say 'Lowe's is an excellent company but they have poor management." What exactly makes them an excellent company then? Their workers only reflect the lousy management's attitudes and lack of drive.

Computers don't run a corporation. The buildings don't make an excellent corporation. The products they sell don't make an excellent corporation. Is it the "concept" that you think is excellent?

Lowe's is a wretched corporation where customer satisfaction is non existent. I'm surprised their doors are still open.

Lowes in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Rude customer service personnel

4.0
My son and I went to the Lowes store in Belle Vernon, PA. He wanted to return a drill set that he had purchased (approximately $399.00 + tax and a two year warranty. It wasn't exactly what he wanted and he asked for a refund of his money. The cashier/customer service personnel asked him what was the problem and he explained it to her. She then called her supervisor. She told my son that he had to have a better excuse for returning the drill set than the explanation he gave her. She reluctantly then said he could get his money back . The clerk who had waited on him counted out his money and practically threw it at him. It turned out that he did not get the money back that he had paid for the warranty. Had she counted the money back to him in a civilized way, I would not have had to make a trip back to Lowes to get the remaining amount of money returned. My major complaint is that any money should be counted back to the customer. This is simply good business etiquette. It might take at least 30 seconds to do this, but the extra time would be worth it. My second complaint is the personnel you hire. These girls are bored and are boring. They are not concerned with good business practices. I will not go back to the Belle Vernon Lowes store in the near future. I will go to the Uniontown, PA store because the clerks are more pleasant and they don't give the customers a hard time.

Why did he buy it if it wasn't what he wanted? Sounds like he bought it, used it for the project he was working on and returned it when he was done.

Retail stores shouldn't be used as a rental shop. You just drive up the cost of goods for everyone.

@Anonymous

Another corporate cronie trying to make excuses for poor customer service ??? You're ridiculous to try to blame the Lowe's customer for having issues in their store!

Have you never bought anything that turned out to he not what you were needing or wanting or expecting ? The ONLY mistake I think the original poster made was to say they would still patronize any Lowe's store at all. There are by far way more places to buy drills or any of the items Lowe's somewhat stocks and you leave happy, not feeling like you have to go to pissed consumer to vent !!!

( no offense pissed consumer, glad you are here so we can advise each other on what corporations to avoid) And I'm here to tell EVERYONE to avoid the type of horrible experience i had at Lowes and that so many others are experiencing to avoid Lowe's at all costs , there is a high probability you will have the same wretched experience we had ! You sir are as ridiculous as Lowe's !

@mstevenson918

Sure there are plenty of other store to buy drills. They don't want you bringing them back after you have used them either. Do your research before you go out and spend $400 on tools.

@Anonymous

I just spent 39.99 on an AWESOME drill with ALL sorts of attachments and a carrying bag at Home Depot. I LOVE my new drill and couldn't be happier with it.

My dad who lived to be 89 bought ALL of his tools, mowers and appliances at Sears. He was a huge fan of craftsman. I still have some of his tools and an air compressor that he bought from them some 40 years ago.

So YES there are a multitude of places to by items that Lowe's sells and you don't have to put up with their rudeness.

And do you honestly think anyone would buy a product, use it, then return it ( soooo unethical ) and then go on a public forum to complain about it ???? Nooooo way pal !!! "Anonymous" you sir are a dummy !

A little logic and common sense goes a long way !!! I'm gonna tell Lowe's they need to keep the money they are paying you to defend their rudeness and hire me to train their employees !

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Personnel working there
Preferred solution
Instruct you employees to count back the money whether at check out or for refunds