Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Attleboro, Massachusetts: Manager was extremely rude

I went into Lowes to buy a refrigerator. I cashed out. After I cashed out I asked for help putting the refrigerator in my car. The store manager was near the front of the store and I asked him for help because no one had come to help after 10 minutes and he said no he was busy. I got upset and kept asking until finally the manager says he would help in a terrible attitude. He slammed my refrigerator in my truck and dented the door in. When I asked for a discount he told me it was my fault. Store manager Rich at the Plainville, Massachusetts store is sooo rude. Don't go here.

Why not take someone along with you knowing good and well you would need help? The general public needs to relearn how to do things on their own. This is not INDIA, this is the USA.

That happens when the "management" cannot interrupt his philandering underlings to break off the social workday attitudes long enough to actually "work" (a 4-letter word in Lowes). The people behind the scenes give the appearance of organization while the chain (and I've been to them in many States across this country) is a "clusterhump" (expletives deleted). Boycott 'em!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Akron, Ohio: Bought a replacement warranty

2.5
I bought a replacement warranty for a coffee maker and had to bring it in to get replaced. I was assured that when I bought this coffee maker all I had to do was bring it back and they would replace it. I had my recpt. and the lady told me that it was still under the manufacturer's warranty and would be for an entire year even though I bought a 2 year replacement she said it wouldn't start until after the year is up. I could not just bring the coffee maker back like I was told and I don't have time for this ***. Please train your employees as to what the warranties cover so they know exactly what it covers.

Even Home Depot doesn't bait and switch...Home Depot can process a return with any item they sell, even if you found it on the street! Boycott that Lowes Monster...It will get aggravated and hungry enough to rear the "ugly monsterhead", where we can finish it off!!! It won't shrivel and prune up without a "brain shot" !!!??!?!/kill the beast.666

Lowes Replacement
Pros
  • Huge selection
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Misinformation from employees
  • Lack of response
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Warranty Review

I had an issue with a Samsung Dishwasher that I purchased from Lowes. I had 2 service calls under warranty then 3 months after the warranty expired I began having the same issues. I contacted Samsung who offer to do nothing. I contacted Lowes and was told the warranty had expired. I was very upset and emailed Lowes. They responded and gave me full store credit towards another dishwasher and installed it for me at no charge. I had to agree to purchased extended warranty on new dishwasher. I am now a lowes customer for life!

Don't be so quick to "sing their praises"...its a sucker's lament! watch 'em like a hawk in all things, and in all departments !!?!? To be for-warned is to be fore-armed !

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Hampton, Virginia

3.0
I purchased a stove at my local Lowe's store. They told me that the stove was out of stock but was expected on the truck that very evening and delivery was set for they following day. At 0615 the following morning I get a call from Lowe's because the stove wasn't delivered as expected the evening prior, so the call was to inform me that I'd receive the stove on the following day. They agreed that the stove would be delivered as early as possible which was my request. I just received the automatic call from Lowe's giving me expected time the stove will be delivered tomorrow between 3:30-5:30pm. I'm very upset about this mainly because I feel customers service is lacking in a Hugh way. A stove is a necessary item!

As early as possible may have well been 3:30-5:30. Their trucks deliver into the evening.

You can't expect them to change all the deliveries they had already scheduled. It's unfortunate your stove wasn't delivered when originally scheduled but if the supplier doesn't get it there when it should have been there isn't much they can do, they don't build them in the back room.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Frigidaire Stove Repair Review from Tacoma, Washington

Don't use my BRAND NEW FRIGIDAIRE STOVE FROM LOWE'S much now that I live alone. I reported in Dec an issue with gas lines making whooshing noises. I have purchased the extended warranty. Should not be a problem right? No one told me at Lowe's when I purchased that there were no service providers in my area. Uh, might have made a difference. Dec called for service, got no return call at all. Let it go as I don't use stove often. Went to use my stove, same issue. Popping and whooshing. Called for service, got appointment with AE appliance repair (only ones Lowe's can get, but I just contacted 3 repair places near my home). Low and behold, service tech called at 4:25, supposed to be here between 1 and 5, guy says, I can't work overtime, not allowed, no appointments tomorrow. Lowe's can't help, AE can't help, guess I'll blow up
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Brookline Station, Missouri: Wanted to harge me $180. for their mistake

I received a John Deere 110 for a Christmas present on, 23Dec2014. When I got it home, It was immediately locked up in my storage shed. It stayed there until spring. On the 2nd day of spring I drove it out of my shed to mow my yard. To my surprise when I engaged the mower there was a enormous vibration that shook the whole tractor, it was not safe to mow. I immediately called lowes and after waiting over 30 minutes, I was told they would pick it up, fix it, and return it in a couple of weeks and it would cost me $180.00 to pick it up and $180.00 to return it. I ask if I could return it and of course they said it past 30 day. The tractor was brand new, never been used, the only time it was running was the 2 minutes when I was putting it in my shed. I strongly suggest if you want to purchase a John Deere, buy it from a John Deere dealer. I checked with a dealer, they have the same tractor for the same price. I have found that after lowes receives your money they will forget about you. I have spent thousands of dollar with lowes, they have lost a very customer.

Welcome to a growing club! Just don't go all soft and forget...boycott 'em forever!!

John Deere, not Lowes provides the warranty coverage for your lawn tractor. If you take time to read the warranty it provides for the repair of defects.

It unfortunately does not cover transportation to a repair shop which it appears what the charges are for. I bought mine at a dealer and am aware that I have a choice of transporting it to them for service or paying them to pick it up and return it. They have to pay someone to drive a vehicle which they have to pay for and maintain. Someone has to cover those costs.

If you were to put the tractor on a trailer and take it to the shop you wouldn't be charged for transportation.

It's also a good idea to make sure a product operates properly when you get it home, even if it is out of season. If a store has a 30 day return policy you can't blame them that you didn't check the product out within that period.

@Anonymous

They should not have sold me a defected tractor, It should have been checked before it was sold. They want me to pay for their mistake.

How would you feel AFTER SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS buying a brand new tractor and when you get it home it is not safe to mow? I would have to rent a pickup and traileer or pay them $180.00

@Lowes ***ks

Why are you blaming Lowes and not John Deere? Shouldn't they have checked it before shipping it to Lowes. I expect if you had reported the problem right away rather than waiting 3 months you might have had a different response.

@Lowes ***ks

All John Deere tractors sold by Lowes are assembled and tested by a local John Deere affiliate, typically from a local John Deere dealer.

@Lowes ***ks

You should of bought a Craftsman they come to your home for Free no service charge to fix it. Look at the manufacturer label on your tractor either mtd or husquavarna makes 90% of tractors bought at any big box including Sears they just throw a different color and different option and stickers on it. Sears sucks but they at least have local repair that will fix manufacturer defects for free like you said brand new tractor.

@Anonymous

when you're spending in any store the knowledge and courtesy of the sales person is paramount to perfect customer service-even at the risk of the customer paying more! Its not always a money issue, ya know.

car dealers play people all the time, because the extras pander to their cronies in the attempt to initially make the patron feel secure, even covered...little do they know that its a ploy to "cover" the fine print!

Notice your "minty-new" car ain't worth *** a split second after you shift it into gear...your "warranties" are loaded with *** also! Truth in advertising should get and keep you attached to any retailer!!!

View more comments (6)
Review
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Customer service
Reliable warranty

Lowes - Staff Review from Silver Springs Shores, Florida

Shouldn't Lowe's corporate employees or their stock holders if they are publicly traded be HORRIFIED at the 1.9 stars they received. Just the fact there is a board on "pissed consumer" should alarm them. I challenge Lowe's corporate office to hire some customer service savy employees to travel around to your stores and train your staff. And if they don't comply. ..after verbal and written warnings...GET RID OF THEM !!! THEY ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO YOU!!! There are far too many people who want to work and will do a good job to put up with these LAZY, RUDE EMPLOYEES !!!

I'm headed in the same direction...pissed is not the word. Livid comes close. Boycott 'em forever!!!!

Lowes - Staff Review from Mooresville, North Carolina

Horrible horrible service. I was looking for help with cabinets and no,one was here to help me. And 5 employees walked past me and,didn't ask me if I needed help.
Krystyn

We had the same thing happen to us at their Ocala, Florida store while shopping for an entire home remodel. They must do ZERO customer service training.

At this point I would suggest to their corporate office to fire ALL of them and go strictly automated and a true diy store. Drop their prices since their payroll will be so low. THAT really is the only way I see them surviving another 20 years. I have NEVER Iin my life seen an entire group of lazy, laxidasicle people.

They could not have found more non customer service oriented people than if they went to a morgue!

Lowes - Estimate Review from Winter Springs, Florida

2.8
Took a brand new mower back to lowes because the carburetor was plugged. Altaquip came back with an estimate for rebuilding the engine for 300 dollars and wanted to charge 73 dollars for the diagnosis. I flipped went back to lowes picked up the mower brought it home cleaned out the clog in the carb and it started first pull. FIRST PULL! Lowes extended warranty and altaquip are scam artists. I talked with the altascam manager because they forgot to put all the bolts back in and had to roll up my pants because it was getting so deep. The problem is the majority of people dont know they are getting taken and just pay the bill. I am probably 1 in 1000 who are mechanicly inclined and knew what was wrong before it went to altaquip. Dont trust Altaquip or Lowes, scam artists through and through.
Review
#612052 Review #612052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Estimate
Warranty issue

Lowes review in Riverside County, California: False Advertisement.....They immediately run out of the advertised item

Mira Loma, California Store Very bad customer service, took 10 minutes to find an associate just to find out that they ran out of product they advertised a few days ago. The ad didn't say anything about limited quantities or no rain check issued and they didn't even try offering a comparable item. The associate started arguing about advertisement and was just rude. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people. Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery. Totally Garbage store and terrible customer service & full of rude people....Better go to their competitor or even better support a local nursery.
Krystyn

Had the same experience at their Ocala, Florida store. Rude, lazy employees.

And they hang sales flyers on more expensive items then try to substitute a much cheaper item. We picked out a bathroom vanity that had a sales flyer attached to it but there weren't any of that vanity boxed up so we asked an employee to see if they had any in stock and she said she would check which color do we want and I said the exact one there and pointed at it and added the white one. She said ohhhhh THAT particular vanity isn't on sale..the one that is on sale is one without any drawers. I said well why in the world would you hang a sales flyer on THAT vanity.

Put it on the one that is on sale...Like. ..DUH !!! But then we saw that was a common practice throughout the store. I guess some people will go ahead and pay the higher price because they liked the item they believed was on sale so much that once at the register they won't say no take it back and bring me the less desirable sale item.

It's a VERY low down, dirty practice, is VERY misleading, and is FALSE advertisment.

If it isn't an illegal practice, it certainly should be !

Sounds like you went in to buy plants. The ads often show a variety of plants at a given price.

Lowes and most other stores don't have acres of land out back where they grow plants. The get shipments in form various nurseries.

You can't expect them to have an unlimited supply of every variety of plant on hand every day. You have unreasonable expectations of a store that sells live plants.

@Anonymous

@ Anonymous: YOU have to be a Lowe's corporate cronie who trolls these boards making up excuses for extremely poor customer service. And I'm here to tell you, you may as well stop defending them because first off there is NO excuse for horrible customer service and secondly after the experience I had with Lowe's I am here to post after each one of your snide, rude posts and shut you down from trying to make the customer feel inadequate or to blame because apparently after having such a bad experience they must feel like the ONLY mistake they made was to attempt to shop at Lowe's in the first place.

The original poster is by far in the right to expect an equal item if Lowe's marketing employees are too *** to put the disclaimer of limited supplies, sorry no rain checks.

But even with that disclaimer I wouldn't go shop at the store. The correct and customer service thing to do is offer an item of equal value or a rain check when they have another shipment in.

@Krystyn

It's a well known fact that Lowe's and Home Depot hire companies to contradict any negative comments against them. It's a new thing called internet reputation management. That's what this guy is.

@klaatu

Well its ONLY making them look worse. (IF that's possible) He comes out immediately slamming the original poster and Lowe's customer!

He is an incessant bully that I hope Lowe's wakes up soon and realizes he is only making the situation go from really really bad to horrible! He tries to make them feel *** or like whatever issue they had was their fault somehow. Instead of acknowledging and fixing the REAL issue...HORRIBLE customer service ! It's soooo simple to fix.

IF Lowe's really cared about their customers.

View more comments (4)
Review
#611961 Review #611961 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Advertisement
Cons
  • Service
  • Customer service received
  • Lack of response
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered