Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Overland Park, Kansas: Poor Customer Service

Bought a Troy Built Power Washer and the 3 Yr extended Warranty. What they do not tell you is neither the manufacture nor the extended warranty covers Carberator problems. Today the store will tell you are covered by the warranty. Even the Lowes Service Rep will tell you that you are covered. You wont find out until you need repair. And dont waste time calling the normal Customer service or repair number. They wont give you the real answer. I had to get to the Executive Customer service to find out everything Ive been told is wrong and Im not covered Unbelievable
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Paint Desk Service Review from Colleyville, Texas

Didn't need paint but just was tired of walking around looking for someone to help me. Waiting 15 min for service at the paint desk And no one has come. Store seems empty and unattended to. Very poor service. Will go out of my way to Home Depot out of my community and see if they would like to have my money. Thx lowes for a complete waste of time.

Lowes Installation Review

Contractors did *** job. Put new backsplash tile over old grout. Tiles dipp and dive. Floor was not leveled. Can feel it when walking on it. Asked to have it addresses in writing and twice in person. Did not resolve. Very close to being sued!
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Shelby, North Carolina: Worst Paint Ever

2.0
I purchased a gallon of Valspar with the primer to use in a small room. This is absolutely the most horrible paint I've ever used and I will never purchase it again. First of all it's leaves patches. If you go back over an area that you've painted in the past 5-10 minutes it rolls that paint off and leaves a horrible looking glob of rolled up paint that will not smooth out without peeling up more of the paint on the wall. It's also thin so I had drip marks on my wall. I ended up sanding the entire walls, again, and applying two more coats. I did this prior to applying the first coat of paint. I painted another room with Benjamin Moore paint and had absolutely no problems and the paint covered well with just one coat. I'm shocked that Lowes sells a product that is this bad. It also has a horrible smell that I didn't notice with the Benjamin Moore paint. Spend more for a quality paint and skip the Valspar. In the end you will save money and be a lot less frustrated. By the way I am not a professional painter but I've always done my own painting inside my home and have never had problems like I had with this Valspar.
Cindy K

I notified Lowes of the problems I had with the paint. I also showed them pictures.

They agreed the paint was flawed and refunded my money. I was also contacted by the company that makes Valspar paint. I did everything you mentioned prior to painting the walls. I always do that before I paint.

Lowes believes that the paint I bought may have been in a batch that froze on it's way to the store and then it was compromised after it thawed out. Evidently other people had the same problem. I've always used Valspar and have never had problems with it before.

I am more than satisfied with the fact they took my complaint seriously and are working on rectifying the problem. They were also very nice to me and very professional on the telephone.

Valspar is excellent paint. Scuff your old paint with a fine grit sand paper, clean with a damp cloth and allow to dry, use a tinted primer, and then apply the cover coat. Learn how to paint.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Product
Reason of review
Horrible product that did not do the job as expected.
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Lake Park, Florida: Sale tags on unsale items...

They put sale tags on items that are not on sale. So you trudge all the items you think your getting a deal on to the counter where you are charged full price. Then when you ask if they can double check the price, the head cashier cant even look you in the face when she returns and tells you it's not on sale. Then you question it and she says flat out "I'm not helping you." Then you go back to where the item is stocked to double check it with the manager who says it doesnt matter if there is a sale tag on that item because it's not on sale. WOW!

It's your fault for not checking the items on the ON SALE sticker/banner/publication

Lowes Cashier
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Lowe's complaints needed for story in the Boca Raton Tribune and Delray Beach Tribune

Hi, I work for the Boca Raton Tribune and Delray Beach Tribune. I am trying to bring a light to the issues happening with Lowe's. The customer that initially brought the complaint to me had a counter top installed, paying more than $1700 and it's now peeling. Lowe's will not do anything to resolve her issues and is taking no responsibility for the problems. I have heard many more stories like this. Will you share yours?. Please contact me at Artistrysoul@gmail.com or my editor at crallen@delraybeachtribune.com 561.665.0151. Anyone that has info, feel free to contact me as well. Thank you so much! Story deadline is approaching, please contact me asap

Here is a case of a reporter getting involved in something they don't seem to understand. Retail stores are not responsible for the warranties on the products they sell.

The customer should be looking at their warranty to see if the problem is covered by the warranty and contacting the manufacturer of the countertop. It is the manufacturer of the product that is responsible for the warranty on a product, not the retail store.

What aren't you looking into the manufacturer??? Why are you expecting Lowes to take responsibility for something they have no responsibility for?

Lowes review in Corbin, Kentucky: Wood wrong size

4.7
From now on I will take tape measure, Purchased utility shelving and was suppose to be 1"x12"x8' even states on receipt. when brought home went ahead and cut the Length I needed and when I went to put up it was only 11 1/4 " shelving and not 12" as stated at store and on receipt not only that but it is a far drive for me. Item #1368. I am very PO'd. I can't take back now cause I had already cut all the lengths I needed. I wish things would be what they state they are. Irecently purchased flooring and am using their contractors I am thinking of pulling out and getting refund taking to long.

Lumber is cut and sold based on the assumption that the buyer knows what they are doing. Since most measurements are exact and wood expands and contracts due to temperature and humidity, you have to space wood and that spacing is factored into the measurements. Non structural materials like MDF and particle board are usually exact because they aren't intended for anything other than furniture.

So you don't think to look at the piece of wood your buying and actually check the size? How ignorant can you be?

Do you know anything about wood at all. It is always cut short and thin, not just the lumber the big box stores by in bulk.

@Anonymous

I guess I am pretty ignorant to assume something is going to be the size it states it is. But it was a inch think and 8 ft long so I guess they screwed up by putting correct marking there, oh oh Ignorant me.

You will probably find the board is only 3/4" thick as well. That is standard sizing of a 1 x 12.

If you go in and measure a 2 x 4 you will find it closer to 1 5/8 x 3 9/16".

If you are going to buy lumber in the future, take time to educate yourself on what actual lumber sizing is. Thus is true at all lumber stores, not just Lowes.

@Anonymous

And if someone were to have offered me help I would have taken it. But I don't need no 2x4's and when my son went up today he bought pre-laminated shelving and it was correct 12".

So why are some items marked correctly and others not,why isn't their a disclaimer that tells people to please measure as wood may be little off than size indicated for people that aren't contractors or common buyers of wood. If anything lumber yards should educate themselves on proper measurement techniques and statements to that fact.

Wood hasn't always been like this at one time it was what it stated a 2x4 was actually just that.

@marc4401

hey I have an IDEA! why don't we just change 11 1/4 inches to mean 12" in math, that way their will be no more ignorance and maybe your kids will get better grades on the subject and I will know the true measurement of wood..............dang it just may work, you carpenters are so smart

@marc4401

If you needed help you could have asked for it. Laminated shelving is a different product than raw lumber and tends to go by actual measurements. Next time you go shopping for wood take a tape measure or someone that understands lumber with you or ask for help at the store.

View more comments (6)
Review
Pros
  • Neat aisles
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
Cons
  • Size marked wrong
Reason of review
measurements way off by 3/4" and receipt even states it is 12"wide Trans# 35662315 03-06-2015 Item 1368 4@$12.98ea
Preferred solution
A Lowes gift card for at least $25, full amount would make me happier but I made do with product just had to configure way that was time consuming & demanding especially since I just purchsed flooring & door & install for $1800 doing on 03/25/15

Lowes review in South San Francisco, California: Sold a broken washer

I bought a washer machine with the extended service plan from the Sunnyvale California store have had a terrible experience from beginning to end. I ordered the Whirpool washer on Feb12, a model that was showcased as on sale. I was informed that it was not in stock, and agreed to a delivery date of Feb28. After two weeks, the day before delivery on Feb27, I receive a call from Lowes telling me the model is in fact discontinued, and the only option I have is to buy the floor model or cancel the order. I'm told this after 2 weeks of waiting just before the delivery! So I accept the floor model and have it delivered on Feb28. It went into a new home I bought, but I didn't move in until March 6. I first used the machine on March 8, and the very second time I use it, the machine fails to drain the water and simply stops responding. I cycled the power, tried different settings, nothing. So I immediately call 1-888-77LOWES, and I'm told it will take 3 days for a repair man from A&E Factory Services, so now my clothes have to sit in washer full of water for 3 days. I'm given a 4 hour window from 1-5pm on Wednesday March 10, right in the middle of my workday. So, I *** half a day from work and wait for the repair man. By 4pm, no one had shown up or called me. So I call A&E and am informed that he'll be there in a minute. By 4:45pm, no one has showed, so I call back, and now I'm told he's just running late, but rest assured he will be there. At 5:30, the actual repair man calls me, and tells me his car has been broken down all day and there's no way he'll be able to come, and wouldn't be able to come back for another 3 days on Friday March 13. But, March 12 is the end of my 30-day window to return the machine to Lowes, and he tells me that I should just return it. He says I should use a cup to empty the washer! I immediately called Sunnyvale Lowes and told them I want to return it. They tell me that I should call Whirpool to get it repaired!
Damaged or defective

Lowes review in Cape Coral, Florida: Samsung Dishwasher

2.0
. I have had issues with the dishwasher from the date of installation. I was not informed when I purchased the dishwasher that it did not have an element to dry the dishwasher. It has a fan that air dries the dishwasher. Your hot water must be turned up all the way to create enough steam to dry the dishes and then when it cycles to leave the door open. This does not seem energy efficient to me. I had a service call prior to the warranty ending due to not cycling, nor the soap dispenser not opening and the repairman was able to fix the dishwasher under warranty. Now the dishwasher is doing the same thing. I called Samsung first and they informed me that they showed no service on the dishwasher and there was nothing that they could do to help me. I was extremely frustrated because I spent $697 on the dishwasher. I went into the Lowes store and the gentleman told me to call the Lowes Customer Service. I was informed by a Representative that I would have to pay for parts and service for a dishwasher that has not worked for 2 months. I am extremely disappointed that Lowes does not stand behind the products that they sell and service.
Andrea

It is not their responsibility to teach you how to use any product you buy. It is yours.

how hard is it to do some research before you make an appliance purchase? IF you would have done any research at all, you could have known about these issues and purchased another dishwasher!

It is NOT the responsibility of a retail store to stand behind the product. It IS the responsibility of the manufacturer to stand behind their product and warranty. You should be complaining about Samsung rather than Lowes.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Customer service received
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Pressure Washer Review from Hollywood, Florida

If I could give zero stars to this company, I would. Their assistant store manager Jose has very little ability to speak to customers. I came to return a pressure washer that is only been used a handful of times. I was told over the phone by Lowes service center that my machine has a 2 yr warranty. I was also told to bring the machine to the store and although I did not have the receipt, with the invoice number, date of purchase, and store number that I'd have no problem returning the product. I get to the store bring the machine to customer service who tells me to take the machine to the lawn dept. I arrive with the machine to the lawn dept who tells me I need to go back to customer service. Brief note: I'm a woman with a recently dislocated shoulder. No one offered help. At customer service I'm told that they can not look up my info and I'd need to speak to a manager (Jose). After some time, the Jose comes over. I explain the above. He proceeds to tell me policy. He then says, "we don't have to send out your machine for repair or replacement, we are doing this as a curtesy". At this point I'm furious. He says without the receipt he can not do anything. I tell him again that lowes service center told me to have them call him if there was an issue. He basically says no. Then offers to put the machine in my car. Jose couldn't even do his job. Simply call the customer service center... Nope Jose says that lowes customer service center by phone works for the store and the store makes the decision. What a horrible thought, the customer who buys from you almost every week you will not honor what your service center said you would honor. I guess it's back to Home Depot. They at least treat people with respect. Do not go to lowes! They obviously do not have a customer service dept or managers that care.

Learn to keep your receipts. They work wonders in a situation like this.

Sure you can go to Home Depot, but have you bothered to look at their complaints on this site? You'll find just as many complaints like yours on Home Depot's site as well.

The one liner about you being a woman is extremely anti feminist of you.

I'm interested in your line of work? I wonder if you have a 100% satisfaction report...

I'm guessing not.

Or your average daily interactions, because if you are so easily going to dismiss an entire company based off

one bad interaction, i bet there aren't a lot of place's you can go anymore.

View more comments (1)