Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review: Lowe's complaints needed for story in the Boca Raton Tribune and Delray Beach Tribune

Hi, I work for the Boca Raton Tribune and Delray Beach Tribune. I am trying to bring a light to the issues happening with Lowe's. The customer that initially brought the complaint to me had a counter top installed, paying more than $1700 and it's now peeling. Lowe's will not do anything to resolve her issues and is taking no responsibility for the problems. I have heard many more stories like this. Will you share yours?. Please contact me at Artistrysoul@gmail.com or my editor at crallen@delraybeachtribune.com 561.665.0151. Anyone that has info, feel free to contact me as well. Thank you so much! Story deadline is approaching, please contact me asap

Here is a case of a reporter getting involved in something they don't seem to understand. Retail stores are not responsible for the warranties on the products they sell.

The customer should be looking at their warranty to see if the problem is covered by the warranty and contacting the manufacturer of the countertop. It is the manufacturer of the product that is responsible for the warranty on a product, not the retail store.

What aren't you looking into the manufacturer??? Why are you expecting Lowes to take responsibility for something they have no responsibility for?

Lowes review in Corbin, Kentucky: Wood wrong size

4.7
From now on I will take tape measure, Purchased utility shelving and was suppose to be 1"x12"x8' even states on receipt. when brought home went ahead and cut the Length I needed and when I went to put up it was only 11 1/4 " shelving and not 12" as stated at store and on receipt not only that but it is a far drive for me. Item #1368. I am very PO'd. I can't take back now cause I had already cut all the lengths I needed. I wish things would be what they state they are. Irecently purchased flooring and am using their contractors I am thinking of pulling out and getting refund taking to long.

Lumber is cut and sold based on the assumption that the buyer knows what they are doing. Since most measurements are exact and wood expands and contracts due to temperature and humidity, you have to space wood and that spacing is factored into the measurements. Non structural materials like MDF and particle board are usually exact because they aren't intended for anything other than furniture.

So you don't think to look at the piece of wood your buying and actually check the size? How ignorant can you be?

Do you know anything about wood at all. It is always cut short and thin, not just the lumber the big box stores by in bulk.

@Anonymous

I guess I am pretty ignorant to assume something is going to be the size it states it is. But it was a inch think and 8 ft long so I guess they screwed up by putting correct marking there, oh oh Ignorant me.

You will probably find the board is only 3/4" thick as well. That is standard sizing of a 1 x 12.

If you go in and measure a 2 x 4 you will find it closer to 1 5/8 x 3 9/16".

If you are going to buy lumber in the future, take time to educate yourself on what actual lumber sizing is. Thus is true at all lumber stores, not just Lowes.

@Anonymous

And if someone were to have offered me help I would have taken it. But I don't need no 2x4's and when my son went up today he bought pre-laminated shelving and it was correct 12".

So why are some items marked correctly and others not,why isn't their a disclaimer that tells people to please measure as wood may be little off than size indicated for people that aren't contractors or common buyers of wood. If anything lumber yards should educate themselves on proper measurement techniques and statements to that fact.

Wood hasn't always been like this at one time it was what it stated a 2x4 was actually just that.

@marc4401

hey I have an IDEA! why don't we just change 11 1/4 inches to mean 12" in math, that way their will be no more ignorance and maybe your kids will get better grades on the subject and I will know the true measurement of wood..............dang it just may work, you carpenters are so smart

@marc4401

If you needed help you could have asked for it. Laminated shelving is a different product than raw lumber and tends to go by actual measurements. Next time you go shopping for wood take a tape measure or someone that understands lumber with you or ask for help at the store.

View more comments (6)
Review
Pros
  • Neat aisles
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
Cons
  • Size marked wrong
Reason of review
measurements way off by 3/4" and receipt even states it is 12"wide Trans# 35662315 03-06-2015 Item 1368 4@$12.98ea
Preferred solution
A Lowes gift card for at least $25, full amount would make me happier but I made do with product just had to configure way that was time consuming & demanding especially since I just purchsed flooring & door & install for $1800 doing on 03/25/15

Lowes review in South San Francisco, California: Sold a broken washer

I bought a washer machine with the extended service plan from the Sunnyvale California store have had a terrible experience from beginning to end. I ordered the Whirpool washer on Feb12, a model that was showcased as on sale. I was informed that it was not in stock, and agreed to a delivery date of Feb28. After two weeks, the day before delivery on Feb27, I receive a call from Lowes telling me the model is in fact discontinued, and the only option I have is to buy the floor model or cancel the order. I'm told this after 2 weeks of waiting just before the delivery! So I accept the floor model and have it delivered on Feb28. It went into a new home I bought, but I didn't move in until March 6. I first used the machine on March 8, and the very second time I use it, the machine fails to drain the water and simply stops responding. I cycled the power, tried different settings, nothing. So I immediately call 1-888-77LOWES, and I'm told it will take 3 days for a repair man from A&E Factory Services, so now my clothes have to sit in washer full of water for 3 days. I'm given a 4 hour window from 1-5pm on Wednesday March 10, right in the middle of my workday. So, I *** half a day from work and wait for the repair man. By 4pm, no one had shown up or called me. So I call A&E and am informed that he'll be there in a minute. By 4:45pm, no one has showed, so I call back, and now I'm told he's just running late, but rest assured he will be there. At 5:30, the actual repair man calls me, and tells me his car has been broken down all day and there's no way he'll be able to come, and wouldn't be able to come back for another 3 days on Friday March 13. But, March 12 is the end of my 30-day window to return the machine to Lowes, and he tells me that I should just return it. He says I should use a cup to empty the washer! I immediately called Sunnyvale Lowes and told them I want to return it. They tell me that I should call Whirpool to get it repaired!
Damaged or defective

Lowes review in Cape Coral, Florida: Samsung Dishwasher

2.0
. I have had issues with the dishwasher from the date of installation. I was not informed when I purchased the dishwasher that it did not have an element to dry the dishwasher. It has a fan that air dries the dishwasher. Your hot water must be turned up all the way to create enough steam to dry the dishes and then when it cycles to leave the door open. This does not seem energy efficient to me. I had a service call prior to the warranty ending due to not cycling, nor the soap dispenser not opening and the repairman was able to fix the dishwasher under warranty. Now the dishwasher is doing the same thing. I called Samsung first and they informed me that they showed no service on the dishwasher and there was nothing that they could do to help me. I was extremely frustrated because I spent $697 on the dishwasher. I went into the Lowes store and the gentleman told me to call the Lowes Customer Service. I was informed by a Representative that I would have to pay for parts and service for a dishwasher that has not worked for 2 months. I am extremely disappointed that Lowes does not stand behind the products that they sell and service.
Andrea

It is not their responsibility to teach you how to use any product you buy. It is yours.

how hard is it to do some research before you make an appliance purchase? IF you would have done any research at all, you could have known about these issues and purchased another dishwasher!

It is NOT the responsibility of a retail store to stand behind the product. It IS the responsibility of the manufacturer to stand behind their product and warranty. You should be complaining about Samsung rather than Lowes.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Customer service received
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Pressure Washer Review from Hollywood, Florida

If I could give zero stars to this company, I would. Their assistant store manager Jose has very little ability to speak to customers. I came to return a pressure washer that is only been used a handful of times. I was told over the phone by Lowes service center that my machine has a 2 yr warranty. I was also told to bring the machine to the store and although I did not have the receipt, with the invoice number, date of purchase, and store number that I'd have no problem returning the product. I get to the store bring the machine to customer service who tells me to take the machine to the lawn dept. I arrive with the machine to the lawn dept who tells me I need to go back to customer service. Brief note: I'm a woman with a recently dislocated shoulder. No one offered help. At customer service I'm told that they can not look up my info and I'd need to speak to a manager (Jose). After some time, the Jose comes over. I explain the above. He proceeds to tell me policy. He then says, "we don't have to send out your machine for repair or replacement, we are doing this as a curtesy". At this point I'm furious. He says without the receipt he can not do anything. I tell him again that lowes service center told me to have them call him if there was an issue. He basically says no. Then offers to put the machine in my car. Jose couldn't even do his job. Simply call the customer service center... Nope Jose says that lowes customer service center by phone works for the store and the store makes the decision. What a horrible thought, the customer who buys from you almost every week you will not honor what your service center said you would honor. I guess it's back to Home Depot. They at least treat people with respect. Do not go to lowes! They obviously do not have a customer service dept or managers that care.

Learn to keep your receipts. They work wonders in a situation like this.

Sure you can go to Home Depot, but have you bothered to look at their complaints on this site? You'll find just as many complaints like yours on Home Depot's site as well.

The one liner about you being a woman is extremely anti feminist of you.

I'm interested in your line of work? I wonder if you have a 100% satisfaction report...

I'm guessing not.

Or your average daily interactions, because if you are so easily going to dismiss an entire company based off

one bad interaction, i bet there aren't a lot of place's you can go anymore.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Light Fixture Review from Houma, Louisiana

I went to the Houma, Louisiana Lowes and i experienced a very rude guy by the name of Kevin and i asked him about light fixtures & he looked at me like 'are you *** or what, you should already know this'. And he talked to me the same way so i told him i no longer need his assistance because he is being very rude. So then i left there and went to Home Depot & got a very nice gentlemen to help me and then i purchased what i needed from there. I will NEVER go to Lowes again!

He is very helpful and He was probably handling a material list for me (thanks Kevin )

Dryer Review

Go to appliance store for appliances. Not Lowes. They do not know anything and do not do any repairs etc. also avoid whirlpoop-poo at all costs. My dryer quit heating after 2nd week.
Bad quality

Lowes - Warranty Review from Indianapolis, Indiana

I bought my house last year. The lady I bought it from had a warranty on the gas water heater. I called and they said parts and the water heater are under warranty. the catch i have to bring in the broken water heater tonget the new one. This means that i have to hire s plumber to remove it. Take it back to the store and then have the plumber come back to install it. Really? Well you have lost my future business and i am going to share this with anyome and everyome so jn hopes you lose their business also. ridiculous.

Lowes didn't make the water heater and are not responsible for the warranty, the manufacturer is. If you have a complaint about a warranty it should be directed toward the manufacturer, not the retail store.

If the person who bought the water heater (and it wasn't you) didn't like what the warranty covered they could have bought it elsewhere or purchased a service plan that would have covered the parts as well as labor.

Perhaps the person you bought the house from was comfortable with doing their own labor and didn't mind a warranty that covered just the parts. You really shouldn't be complaining anyway as you didn't purchase the water heater.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Warranty issue

Lowes review in Tulsa, Oklahoma: Exterior doors with locks that don't work

We bought two exterior reliabilt doors from lowes. It took over a month to get them installed. Not a problem. niether door had a workable lock. We submitted a complaint the next day. Been over a month and still no locks to exterior doors. No satisfied. No word from lowes. We paid over $2500 for these two doors. It is amazing to me that it takes 1 month to build the door and over a month to build the locks. Customer service at Lowes has been great but to no avail. I know the problem lies with reliabilt but I also feel that since Lowes sells the product, they need to accept responsibility for them.
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Exterior Doors
  • Reliabilt

Lowes review in Casa Grande, Arizona: Hard to get Vet 10% off.

4.4
Even though my husband went to the trouble to get a sticker on his drivers license proving he is a Vet, it's not good enough for Lowe's. They require The Vets to go to the very large amount of TROUBLE!! getting a card from the Veterans Administration. We are going to Home Depot from now on because they aren't so picky. We have spent a lot of money over the years at Lowe's so it is their considerable loss. Imagine such a large company afraid to lose a few dollars over this issue. Are they more concerned with keeping a few bucks over allowing Vets a small discount.

A 10 per cent discount is a lot of money if buying a appliances ...often hundreds off...it's only right to ask for verification...You can pay full price and return later with proof and get your discount taken off.

Why isn't your husband the one doing the complaining? Furthermore, there isn't any reason for a Vet to receive a discount.

They have done their time and are no longer on active duty. I can see active duty military receiving a discount, but a Vet is no longer putting their lives on the line. IF Vets need to have a discount, then law officers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc.

should all have a discount too. They are in a much more dangerous line of work than retired Vets are.

@anonymous

ANONYMOUS

WERE YOU A VET, IS ANYBODY IN YOUR FAMILY { CLOSE} A VET YOU SOUND LIKE A HIPPY DIPPY OF THE 60'S. BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE VETS THAT ARE NOT

VETS IN YOUR GOVERMENT EYES AT LEAST ONE DAY ACTIVE DUTY DURING PERIOD OF WAR WHICH STOPS ALL WEEKEND WARRIERS OF 1960-1970 UNLESS THEY WERE ON ACTIVE DUTY ONE DAY THIS DEFINATION IS ALSO THE GOVERMENT'S DEFINATION FOR VA LOANS ETC IN THE 70'S IN MY CASE EVERY TIME I WALK IN TO LOWE'S I LIMP BECAUSE MY KNEE LEGS ,SHOULDER WERE BLOWN UP AND I SPENT 6 MONTHS IN hOSPITAL'S IF LOWES ASKS FOR MY DD214 I WILL SHOW IT TO THEM.

@anonymous

This is the Lowe's policy on the Military Discount. Does your Husband qualify?

Also, it is the exact same as the Home Depot policy.

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.

Or:

Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC). We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.

•1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status. •2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits •3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

View more comments (3)
Review
Pros
  • Their products and their cashiers
Cons
  • Veterans discount policy
Let the company propose a solution