Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Chocorua, New Hampshire - PAINT LID NOT PUT ON PROPERLY CAUSED MAJOR DAMAGE. NO REIMBURSEMENT FROM LOWE'S IN NORTH CONWAY, N.H. AND HARTFORD INS.

I used to frequent Lowe's on a regular basis. NEVER AGAIN! I WILL NOW ALWAYS GO TO HOME DEPOT. i went to Lowe's in North Conway, N.H. to purchase a small can of paint. The employee did not put the lid on properly. It was night time and I put the bag on the back floor of the vehicle. Upon arriving to my destination, I picked up the bag, not realizing the paint had spilled everywhere and as a result it got on my clothes and all over the back seat and carpet of the car. The store was closed when this occurred, so I called first thing the next morning. After speaking with a manager I went back to the store to show the manager the damage. He told me to call their insurance company, Hartford Insurance on Asylum Avenue in Hartford, CT., who gave me the runaround for months, was extremely rude and blatantly lied about when I returned to the store to show the manager the damage, claiming I did not return until two weeks later. They closed the claim without paying me a dime. This is a blatant violation of the Consumer Protection Laws under deceptive business practices. Lowe's cost me hundreds of dollars as a result of their employees negligence and couldn't even have the decency to make good on the claim. I have made sure I tell everyone I meet not to shop at Lowe's because of this and hope as a result they lose 100x the money they defrauded me out of, in lost sales. I have made numerous major purchases since at Home Depot, who have gone out of their way to be helpful and courteous, something Lowe's and Hartford Insurance obviously lack. How appropriate that Hartford Insurance is located on Asylum Avenue, since that is where these low life nut jobs obviously belong.

Or you could have checked the lid yourself and put it in the car properly, instead of playing the blame game. Who says the responsibility of checking the lid falls on the seller and not the consumer who tosses the can of paint in the back seat?

#920931

I'd question how you were driving and whether you stopped at the bar on the way home. You obviously slamed on the brakes or took a corner very fast in order to tip the can over.

Most people would have heard it tip over and checked it. Face it, the lid didn't just jump off the can and paint hop out all over the car.

You wouldn't have had this problem if you were driving responsibly. Call your insurance company and file a claim with them.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Lack of response
Reason of review
Damages incurred due to employee negligence. Employee did not put lid on paint can properly.
Preferred solution
My damages were in excess of $2500.00 at the time, being damage to the car carpet, leather gloves, jacket and pants. I submitted all estimates at the time to Hartford Insurance after showing the damage to the store manager. I am open to a settlement.
Tags
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes in Elizabeth, Colorado - Solid core doors, Jeld-weld oak veneer lousy quality

Lowes - Solid core doors, Jeld-weld oak veneer lousy quality
Ordered 4 solid core doors, oak veneered, Lowes ordered from wholesaler American building supply, inc. lowes #2274, customer PO# 418754856 doors delivered to Lowes store, Parker, Colorado, unwrapped, unprotected. The Jeld-Weld Veneer has voids, joint lifting, cross particle contamination, dents, and scratches deeper than the veener. No results from lowes. Filed web complaint with Jeld-weld (JW) with pictures, no results. Spent weeks of additional time fixing voids, re glue of seam edges where two veneer meet. Multiple re passes of stain, sanding, filling, fixing scratches. One the last door, months later. Should have just stained, and poly finish to use as work benches. Never again do any business with lowes over 100 dollars.

If you spent weeks of time working on a relatively inexpensive door you are as crazy as this post is.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Damaged or defective
Tags
  • Jeld-weld Doors
  • Solid Core Doors
  • Oak Veneer Doors

Other Product Review

Lowes.com and specifically Dublin, CA Lowes -both a nightmare to work with. Don't waste your time. Go elsewhere.
Poor customer service

Beware of Lowes NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!

I purchased 3 furniture on lowes.com on 12/1/14 and was told they would shipped to me before or on the 24th. Online it states shipped and I have nothing. I've called 3 times and was told oh yes this is correct they will be there on or before the 24th. Today I called had to get to a "supervisor" Amanda that states sorry not until February 16th nothing we can do. I was told her Manager does not speak to the public there is nothing I can do. My Christmas dinner will now not have a table and chairs as I was guaranteed 3 times and nothing you will do Lowes. Not discount no nothing to your consumer. What happened to customer service?! I would be fired or fire an employee that didn't go above and beyond for my customers. BEWARE of lowes.com they will take your money and do nothing for you but lie. I now have to wait 2.5 months to get products I needed that was guaranteed would be here in time for Christmas after numerous attempts. Despicable business practices Lowes. A discount wouldn't have solved my problem, but would have made me feel better as a consumer that you understood you made an error and care about your customers and desire them to continue shopping with you. Shame on you LOWES!!!!!

*** Avoid Sunnyvale Lowes ***

This Lowes location should be awarded best in class *** for worst attitude and highly Incompetent Manager Ordered a couple of internal doors 2 weeks back, paid in full. 2 weeks later receive a phone call saying, the order isn't placed, because of internal error. Please come over to store to re-order, our system should hopefully be working this time to take orders! The store manager "ALEX" has a really bad attitude towards me, for asking why the delivery has not done. And my money hasn't been refunded either so far... I am going to consumer court for justice... Personal Note: I felt this attitude towards me is be because of my skin color.
#920515

always have to throw the racism card in. pathetic!!!!!!

They found an error and contacted you. They could have said nothing and played dumb when you finally called and asked where your order is.

Errors happen and when they try to be up front and fix one you act like a ***. Don't expect the court to do anything for you. They tried to make things right and you are acting like an ***.

The court won't reward you for that. Your color had nothing to do with the store managers response, it's your acting like a donkey that didn't go over well.

#919787
@Anonymous

No white lies please, you fixed nothing... I have sufficient proof and knowhow to deal my situation with the justice dept - don't worry. You should focus more on your leftover customers than *** customers and monitoring pissed-consumer mailing lists :)

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Lack of response
  • Attitude or customer service
Problem with delivery
Full refund

Kitchen Review

1.7
BEWARE KITCHENS!! After waiting 7 weeks for our kitchen, one day before xmas holidays- lowes London Ontario has realized our order "slipped through the cracks"! And HAS NOT BEEN STARTED- and they have NO DATE OF DELIVERY AT ALL! WOW. Tell everyone you know SAY NO TO LOWES
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Port Charlotte, Florida - About Vet discounts

My husband (a vet) doesn't get veteran discounts at lowes even though his drivers license show vet on it. He was told he had to have a or carry his dd214. How many vets carry around their DD214? His license should be enough to confirm hes a vet. The cashier told him he must have a dd214 to get a discount. I wrote their customer service and never received a answer. I just think its ridiculous that its this way. I understand policy but she should have called a supervisor up.............................................i am tired of typing i don't need a

I'm a Veteran myself, with that being said, if I go to a business and they offer a discount for Vets that's fine, but I won't ask for one, and if they ask for ID which is understandable, I show them my VA Card or a small copy of my DD Form 214. I think it's great these companies do that, but I also think that Vets need to stop expecting these perks.

It's enough for me to know I served my country and will do so again, if folks want to thank me for that, that's fine, and if they don't, that's fine also, I did not serve in the Military for the glory and praise from the public. I served because I love my country and wanted to do something worthwhile.

#919263

ENTITLEMENT AT IT'S FINEST. Seriously get over yourself.

My military friends think you people who do this are total disgrace to their career choice. They did not join the military for a 10% discount.

It's getting tiring hearing vets cry about not getting a discount. Don't quite know why they feel they are so much more deserving of a discount than many other professions.

They have plenty of benefits that came with the job.

You don't hear teachers who educate their children complain about not getting a discount even though many have to spend part of their hard earned income purchasing classroom supplies that their schools can't afford. For the vets that take pride in their service and don't feel insulted because they don't get a discount here and there, THANK YOU for a job well done, you service to our country is greatly appreciated.

@Anonymous

I repeat my Post to you my friend, I like your post:

View more comments (3)
Price reduction

Lowes - Manager Review from Riverside, California

I have worked for lowes for over 10 years 5 of which are as a salaried manager. The only reason I stay is for health insurance. The company is so big that Niblock doesn't know or care how people are treated in the store. My store manager makes me work well past the 48 hour work week. Calls me on my days off all of the time, retaliates against me if I take vacation day's, example I took one vacation day to have three days off he changed my opening shift to a closing one and told me that I need to stay 3 hours past that. Now on Christmas Eve he said I have to stay til 8 pm. He constantly takes your only weekend away from you, yet he ALWAYS gets his weekends off and never stays late. I'm mentally exhausted. I've been at this store 5 months and have brought in significant new pro business ( good family reputation going back to 1940's in this county) so people/ contractors trust my name. 5 months ago pro was -6% now I'm +2.5%. Yet I'm treated like a second class citizen. It's a "boys" club. Yet I'm a woman bringing in the dough. My other compliant is my peers the sit in the ASM office, and treat employees badly. Denying their vacation because they don't like them, and our HR Manager, she comes in late leaves early and makes faces behind associates.

Welcome to big box retail. A big part of your problem is taking a salaried position.

It doesn't cost them any more payroll to tack on hours to your 48. It helps their bottom line rather than paying a part time or full time employee to work more.

You will find your boy's club is not so much of a boy's club as a who's been around taking abuse the longest and is now treating their employees the way they were treated. You're the new kid on the block if you've only been there 5 months.

@Anonymous

5 years as Asm almost 6 but 12 with the company. No new kid here.

@Zen68

If I am to believe your post it says you have been at the store for 5 months. You may have work for Lowes for 12 years but at this store you are the new kid on the block and have to prove yourself all over again.

@Anonymous

I get having to prove my self but that doesn't excuse these peoples behavior. Or treating people the way they do.

I would love to see undercover boss come in. It would make Niblock sick.

My last store I was in for 4 years and was treated similar.

Proving yourself doesn't mean people get to treat you like ***, it means you give results and do your job.

View more comments (3)

Other Product Review

Inappropriate and degrading to women,makes me wonder if their perverted at hanes.

Lowes in Mattituck, New York - Re-packaged damaged laminates and sold to me

WOW..even the independent installers were shaking their heads. My box of laminates was re-packaged and when opened we found the boards were chipped, and MARKED as such. Way to go Lowes.....! They also ordered the incorrect carpet so when the installers came to install the carpet, I had to send them away too. I took a day off work and got neither the laminates nor the carpet installed. Worst of all....their customer service is so, so bad. They never apologize...almost have an attitude on the phone like it's your fault. Very unprofessional. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS THERE AGAIN!

I doubt Lowes repackage the laminate. More than likely they were returned by someone saying it was an extra box they didn't need.

Not uncommon as most people and contractors will buy extra to make sure they have enough so they don't need to go to the store and risk them being out as the floor is being installed. Too bad you got some garbage some *** returned.

Damaged or defective