Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Fan Review from Colleyville, Texas

Worked with Aracele in customer service in Inwood rd store in Dallas. By error I rodered a fan on line to pick up at store and it went to the Allen Texas store. I simply asked her if she could help me call to cancel the fan in the Allen store so I could buy it in the Inwood road store. Simply said it was apparent she did not like having to do it and had a sulking attitude. I am a home builder and I do a considerable amt of business at Lowes and Home Depot and courtesy is all I ask. If she is in customer service her job is to serve the customer. If her attitude is not suited for that put her behind the scenes where she does not have to deal with customers needs. Thank you.

Is it really that hard to call a store on your own? Do you need your mommy to call the store for you? You could have easily called the store and had them refund your purchase amount and while that was happening you could have strutted your "home builder" self down to the lighting department and found the fan and paid for it.

It just amazes me at how people can place an order on-line and strut into a brick and mortar store and expect people there to instantly solve the problems they caused. It's just not that easy.

If you are going to buy in the store, just go there and make the purchase rather than getting on the computer and risk screwing the order up. No, I don't work for Lowes but know enough that you looking to the wrong people to solve the problem you caused.

Poor customer service

Lowes lost our business and it cost them thousands

Today we had to pick out items for our new kitchen remodel and had to take our 5 lb toy poodle with us because of the contractors in the house. It was a sub zero day so we couldn't very well leave the dog in the car, and instead carried him into our neighborhood Lowes. However, when we asked for help back in the appliance department, the employee told us it was company policy that no pets are allowed. I asked to speak to the store manager to see if we could get "special dispensation" given the circumstances, but the answer was still no. So, we left. Our dog got lots of love and attention in the other 7 stores we went to and by the end of the day, we had spent $4800 in appliances, $3600 in a countertop, and $400 in tile, and $100 in paint and supplies, all of which we probably would have bought at Lowes. But, the sad part is that because of their inflexibility in dealing with our needs, I am sure that is exactly how they do business in other aspects as well. So, they've lost our business forever. Lesson learned for both of us.

MizMolly, ALL Lowe's have posted on the front door as you enter "NO PETS ALLOWED. SERVICE SOGS ONLY." The fact you think pets are "welcomed" in Jacksonville means no one is enforcing the rule. When I see a dog in a cart where I work, I walk the other way.

Pets are welcome at Lowes in Jacksonville, Arkansas

While I'm a pet lover, honestly, I would never take my pet in the car on a subzero day. That is irresponsible to your pet's life; what if your car broke down and you were stuck unable to warm your little dog?

It was not an emergency so you could have put off shopping for your remodel items another day with there weren't any contractors in your house. Or, one of you could have stayed home with your pet, or you could have hired a pet sitter, or left your pet with another family member.

But to take your small 5 lb dog out with you in the car in subzero weather where exposure to the cold and death were real risks if your car broke down or you had an accident, etc, is selfish, thoughtless to your dog's safety. I say you are acting spoiled to think because you came in to spend money all the rules had to be changed for you, and you show disregard for the safety of your little dog to even take your dog out of the safety of a house and on the road in the uncertainty of a car ride in subzero weather!

Dogs have frozen to death before in warmer temperatures than you state, by being left outside to go to relieve themselves without supervision. Selfish, spoiled and thoughtless dog owners. So let me get this: every time someone is going to buy whole set of appliances or room renovations, they have the right to go against store policies and bring in their pets to any store, and then leave insulted when they are told it is not allowed?

If your dog was a service animal you would have the right; but you weren't born yesterday and it is well known that many stores have a 'no animal' policy.

But the worse thing about your complaint here is to learn you thought nothing about the safety and wellfare of your small dog, because if you did, you would know exposure to subzero through getting stranded in a car is more threatening to a small teacup-size dog than being in the safety of a house.

You could have locked your dog in a room where the contracters don't go, o rone of you stay home and communicate to each other by cell about your renovation purchases one from the store, and one staying at home with your dog, or any of the other things I wrote, but no, you wanted to risk your dog's life, somehow making it seem smarter than leaving your dog at home or with someone else you trust. If you have $$ to remodel, you sure could've put a little bit aside to pay for a pet sitter than lug your pet into sub zero weather and put it at risk to frostbite or death from freezing.

Stop taking your dog to the store. There is a reason no pets are allowed in certain stores.

Where did you get the notion that Lowe's was a pet store? It's called Lowe's Home Improvement, not Lowe's pet supplies.

Bryli

Glad to see on of the Lowe's has the balls to enforce the sign on the front door "NO PETS ALLOWED"

View more comments (5)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Product
Preferred solution
Be aware of your customer's individual needs

Lowes review: Customer service

I went in p purchasevertical blinds. Had the blinds cut and I was always walking to the register they Fell out of the package. At the register as I was trying to put them back in the package I cut my finger. I asked the cashier for a tissue and she said she didn't have one she didn't even look up ,offer to help me in anyway as I'm standing there blood dripping off my finger. she just kept ringing up my blinds . I told her I had to go to customer service to get a tissue so I ran up to customer service and when I came back I went to the cashier ,she pointed to my blind she said there they are. I told her I needed to pay for them and she said you have to get in line again.she had voided out my order and had started ringing in another customer now there's about 4 people in line..att that point,I just left without purchasing the blinds That we cut for me...very poor customer service...i went to home depot where Iwas offered a bandage

What a shame that you think your self inflicted injury was so bad that you needed special attention from someone else and that everybody else waiting in line should have to wait on you as well. Lowes has restrooms with water for cleaning and tissues and paper towels. But what is really amazing is that your injury was apparently so bad that you had to rush to Home Depots critical care center to get a bandage.

well now that your boo boo is all bandaged up, maybe you will take a couple seconds to think about

the situation and how it played out from an outside perspective.

A complete stranger came up, dropped open box's on my register and and is bleeding, not everyone has

the constitution to deal with blood, or even look at it.

And if you were so worried about your injury why didn't you go immediately to the first aid kit located literally directly by the customer service counter. Clearly the priority was the purchasing of the blinds, so i would think that you would be pleased with the service you received.

And as a fellow Lowe's employee, i would like to thank you for damaging several products and then leaving the store with out paying for them. theft looks good on you.

Review
Cons
  • Customer service received
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Citrus Heights, California: Delivery Problem With Our Stove and New Tiolet

1.8
Our rental house is being remodeled by our contractor. They work from 7am to 3pm. We had free delivery from Lowes and no matter what they could not deliver in this time frame. No one lives there. they could only deliver between 6pm to 9pm. My wife and I can not drive over there and sit and wait for 3 hours for them. We called them numerous times and they said that they could not help us. We are done with them and will never shop there again. Home Depot gives better service than lowes does. The items we bought were on sale at the time. That is why we went there. It was the citrus heights store.

It's free delivery! And they hook it up for you!

Good, shop at home depot, Lowes has enough customers that the world revolves around. Giving a time frame is harder than you think.

Problems do occur at customers homes. Example, two 29 cu fridges on the truck being delivered, at one customers house they may have a door that the fridge can roll right on in and the delivery won't take long to do and the same size fridge at another customers house the driver may have to take apart the fridge to get through the door and put it back together and hook it all up and take one out and tear that one down also which could take three times as long as the last stop with the same size fridge. Trucks may have 13 stops/deliveries that day but yet some of you want a time because you don't have time to wait around for Lowes. Stop and think about how hard that driver is working to service all those customers on that day.

But yet him and the delivery department get *** on and some call customer care.

keep in mind. You are not the only customer they have to service that day, Be gratefull and patient or else go get it your self

I have had numerous dealings with Lowes over the years and the deliveries are scheduled at time of purchase. So when you purchased it a screen pops up with next day morning afternoon or evening delivery times and if on the next day all the morning of afternoon slots are full by other customers then you get whats left for that day or the next days schedule appears.and then it is likely that a morning time frame would be there as well.If your plumber was scheduled to be there then shame on you for scheduling him before the materials were on the job site but your plumber would have probably stopped by lowes and picked it up on the way there.

Or you could have used Lowes installation and in which case their installers would have worked it out with delivery or carried it to the job themselves. When I had mine installed it was about half the price of an outside contractor anyway

quit your crying! Do you think that the drivers can predict what is going to happen during their day?

NO! Go and pick up your ***, that would solve your problem.

I would expect they already had the day time deliveries booked by customers who had bought before you. A truck can only make so many deliveries in a day.

Did you expect them to bump somebody who scheduled a delivery before you just to make you happy?

Sure wouldn't be fair to the other customer. They did the right thing.

View more comments (4)
Review
Cons
  • Check cashing and delivery
Problem with delivery

Whirlpool Refrigerator Review

1.3
We bought a whirlpool refeigerator 8/13/13,with the 3year extended warranty. It took 6weeksto get someone to look at it. Someone else is supposed to come no time frame no help T all sorry business practices. Last time I buy any appliance from lowes
Warranty issue

Lowes review in San Diego, California: Stainless Steel water leak damage

We purchased a $3000 refrigerator with a valve leak wich caused a stain of in the door, we called for it to be repaired and it took a month to respond, we were told that they change the door but they came to only repair the valve now they stain on the door is cosmetic and they refuse to change the door. We were told we can not talk to the CEO because he does not take phone calls. Now we are stuck with a refrigerator that we just purchased a year ago with a warranty that is good for nothing. We will never buy from lowes again!

Can you please tell me what company is going to let you talk to the CEO?!? You must be a ***!

Also, Lowe's does not have their own repair service. So if you have a problem why don't you write a review on the contracted services' page, rather than Lowe's.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Gave us the run around
  • Unwilling to help
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
I want my door to be repaired or my money back!
Tags
  • Water Valve Stain

Lowes review in Colonial Heights, Virginia: No help with Customer Service

I had the worst experience. I waited in customer service line, for over 30 minutes. I still wasn't able to return my item. I had my receipt, and orignal package. I had to go around the store to find an employee to help the customers, in customer service dept. I ask to see a Manager. Employee told me management was busy. The funny thing is, I just bought the item 1 hour before hand. There was no wait time to take my money, for item. After a 40 minute wait. I went home, and called the 1800 number to complain. They told me on the phone that a manager would call me about the problem. They Never called at all. Another example, of your great customer Service. I will never shop at your store again. For as my return. If I can't get someone else to return, my item for me. Then I will just have to, keep the defective Item. I bought from your Store, In Price George, VA 23875

That's what happens when they want to run a skeleton crew

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Staff help
  • Lack of response
Full refund
Tags
  • Light Bulb

Lowes review in Hillsboro, Oregon: Quoting A/C install requires home visit

Tried requesting a ball park quote for central A/C install but it appears to be impossible without someone coming to my place. What...? Sales person claimed it's the corporate rule but failed to provide any meaningful explanation. This is particularly annoying because in the past I've had mostly good customer experience in Lowe's. Flooring department has no problem giving estimates... perhaps A/C crew needs to re-evaluate their stand. Dear Lowe's. Newsflash! I don't need a precise number. I need a rough estimate based on which I can decide which company to invite for further assessment. So far you are the only ones who declined me a quote. Great job turning loyal customers away.

You can't ask a retail employee what a "ballpark" estimate on an HVAC install would be. Lowe's does have a qualified person who could give you an exact estimate for FREE if you are willing to wait a few days.

I am sure you were speaking to a person that does not handle any of the exterior sales, because the person that does handle the exterior sales (like A/C units) is not normally in the store. The PSE (project specialist exterior) must come by your house to give even a ballpark estimate (there is no cost anyway?).

I personally would not talk to anyone except for the PSE regarding an A/C install, because they are the most knowledgable. There are a select few installs that require a home visit before a quote is given, but it is necessary.

Lowes Estimate

Shopping Assistance Review

Lowe's store in sterling heights, most of employees are lazy and no help!!! Home depot here I come!!!

Lowes review in Antioch, California: Return without a receipt

4.0
i'm a contractor i spend at least $1500 cash always weekly at lowe's.i tried to return a few items at lowe's. return policy sucks! not even store credit *** you lowe's greedy *** mother f****r's. taking my business to home depot better return policy .greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
Quanasia

Perhaps you should have given the receipt to mommy or daddy. It is not their fault you are a child and not able to take care of your stuff.

@Quanasia

You must be an employee of lowes. Do you even do construction?

Do you have employees? Ever shop at Home Depot? How are lowes numbers doing compared to HD?

Not about being a kid ***, it's about convenience.

Sometimes receipts are misplaced.

A good vendor will help out. Obviously he wasn't trying to return 10 k worth of stuff.

@Swell

"A good vendor will help out"

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm great one, this is a box store not a vendor.

This isn't good old Bob back on County Rd nothing who's been sleeping with your wife for the past forever.

They don't care if how often you turn up telling the same old jokes that haven't been funny since 1983, how your family is or if you take it up the....

This is a store that has rules. Rules that must be followed if these people want to keep their jobs.

They have enough to deal with and don't need another snowflake who thinks they're special messing with the machine. Get over yourself and pin the receipt to your jacket the next time.

P.S. Only babies use the "you must work for (insert company) as a come back when they're irresponsibility has been exposed.

REAL MEN learn, admit to being wrong and move on. Guess that's why you're here complaining and not moving on.

@Quanasia

Well an Up Tempo of a contractor trying to make a living, receipts may get lost occasionally. We are human after all and I have a lot of respect for every contractor who makes their living thru honest hard work.

But, some people are quick on the draw to judge and call people "child", perhaps you should try a high tempo hard working job before you judge! And last, if Lowes is getting $$$$ from a contractor who brings them business every week, the least they can do is cater to those who brings them the business.

This return policy is in place to keep our shrink numbers down and to prevent people who steal merchandise, to come back and return it. You could spend $15,000 daily, and no one is going to give a rats *** what you think about the return policy. Bottom line, keep your receipts and you will be a happy camper.

@Anonymous

What an *** you work for the higher Lowes food chain don't you?

And you think Home Depot will be different? You need the receipt to prove what you paid for the product if indeed you did pay for the product.

Unfortunately all too many contractors that are in the store buying daily or weekly all too often feel they are entailed to a little more and slip a little extra in their truck as they are loading.

Keep your receipts handy till the job is done and all returns are made. These policies are in place to save the company money, which in turns helps keep your prices down.

@Anonymous

Then if Lowes think people are stealing merchandise, then get some of your workers out there monitoring the pick ups, oh thats right Lowes os so cheap that want to over work their work force and not hire more people to supervise or monitor pick ups!!

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • I liked shooping
Cons
  • Not geting refunded
return without a receipt