Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Clifton Park, New York - Poor Incorrect Information and attitude

Went to Lowes on 12/30/14 went to buy a laundry washer. Was told they had one in stock. But they were unable to find it. Was then told two other Lowes had them in stock but they couldn't find them either. Finally had to order it and wait three days for it to arrive. Received a call on the day i was told it would arrive 1/2/15 telling me it wouldn't be delivered until 1/5/15. When i asked why i was told because the truck never showed up with it. I informed them i had taken the day off and was promised it would be here 1/2/15. Only reply i received was " Oh well these things happen " I guess thats what happens coming from a minimum wage low life. This will be the last time i buy anything from Lowes.

They told you it would arrive on the 2nd meaning it would arrive at Lowes on that day, They then have to call you and sch a delivery date. If the product don't arrive it's not L:owe's to blame.

A lot of you don't understand the system but yet take it out on the associates who are already taking enough heat from customers like you. The associates do what they can to make the world revolve around customers like you, There are only so many delivery trucks and delivery drivers to deliver and when the trucks get over loaded then its hard to keep everyone happy. Especially when Lowe's wants to honor next day delivery but yet corporate is on the manager's butt about: why does delivery have so much overtime.!? It's like, what do they want, service the customer or worry about paying the O.

T. to the associates. The store manager comes down hard on the delivery manager about the overtime, Can't have both. There should be a cut off time like most delivery companies have.

Retail is very hard to deal with because of so many customers who want the world to revolve around them.

I have the same problem with Lowe's at Oakland park and University, promise delivery my wash machine today (8am to 10 am)and when i call Lowe's 2 pm and ask about my delivery I receive the answer, we no have your product in stock, your delivery come in jan 5 after 5 pm, LAST SHOP better buy in HOME DEPOT

@marco

im sure they couldt understand what you were saying on the phone, becuause whatever you are trying to say is terribly written.

Never take a day off work until you know for sure the product is there and ready for delivery. Appliance manufactures are good at backordering product or not shipping out of their warehouse on time.

For example, Whirlpool (also makes Maytag, Amana, Kitchen-aid, Jenn-air etc) ships product into a distribution center in Minneapolis. This distribution center has had problems getting product to the stores it services on time. The don't notify the store in advance, they just don't show up. When the store checks with Whirlpool to see where their appliances are they are just told they will be delivered on next weeks truck.

A store like Lowes has no control over this. The date they give you when you make the purchase is the expected delivery date, unfortunately the manufacturer didn't keep up their end of the deal.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Employees attitude
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Staff Review from Houston, Texas

They have so many employees but none of them want to help. They stand around and talk to each other and point you in the direction of what you're looking for. I waited 10 minutes for a guy to help me only to tell me what I needed has to be special ordered. I told him I'll go to Home Depot. This is my third bad experience at this Lowes, I will never go back. It's Lowes on Wallisville Rd and Beltway 8, in Houston, Texas. Services sucks and employees are airheads!

Your complaint is poor. You say all they do is point but you left to go to Home Depot because someone listened to what you needed and were told it would have to be special ordered?

Guess what, retail stores can't stock everything. This individual offered to order something they didn't stock and you are still upset.

I guarantee you Lowes is better of without your type as a customer. I wouldn't want you shopping in my store.

Lowes in City Of Industry, California - Online order

I ordered two of the same item at the same time on the same order. I was suppose to receive delivery of two on the same day (12/29) I received tracking # at 9 a.m. on 12/29. I was told that the other tracking # would be delivered by 7pm, 9pm. 11 pm and the next moring (12/30)????? I made 5 calls between the Lowes Customer Service,Lowes Industry store and UPS trying to find out where the balance of my order was last night!!! I was hung up on by UPS -investigation supervisor Dante and a Lowes customer service agent connected me with UPS in Asia to locate the driver last night for the eta of my delivery last night!!!!!! What a horrible experience with my first order online with Lowes out of the City of Industry store!!!! UPS is so screwed up and Lowes City of Industry asst. mgr. Liz was so hesitant to assist in reaching out to UPS to find where my merchandise was only to finally come back to the phone and tell me that the driver went home for the night and I would be the first delivery on 12/30???? I was told by Lowes Customer service that the driver would be delivering till 11 pm???/ Does anyone know what they are doing over there??? I will never do business with Lowes ever again.What a simple purchase to be such a big disaster!!! There is a strong possibility that I will return all of this order just due to principle. I can get the same item at Home Depot.

Why are you complaining about Lowes? The problem seems to be with UPS.

Why aren'y you complaining about them?

Lowes shipped the product and is helping track the package, what more do you want. If you really needed it so bad, why didn't you just go to the store and buy it?

@Anonymous

Because Lowes should partner with a decent delivery service like Fed Ex!! I have contacted UPS as well on this issue. Some of us do not drive pick up trucks, therefore we have it delivered to our home!!!!

@Anonymous

Who do you think Home Depot is going to have deliver it?

Get a life!

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Attitude or customer service
  • Lack of response
  • Service
Problem with delivery
Full refund

Lowes - Website Review from New York, New York

3.3
Lowes in East Amherst,NY made me feel like a second class citizen when purchasing a clearanced priced washer from them. They didn't like that their website gave me free shipping and so the store it was coming from wanted to add 30 bucks to my order. I said NO! This is not an auction! Then they brought me the wrong hose and kept bringing up the discounted price of the machine which, mind you, had nothing to do with the drain hose it is supposed to come with. It's NOT an extra purchase as is the hot/cold water hose. They need to stop talking about their price and just bring me a working machine!!! I didn't think I was shopping at the salvation army lmao.
Product
Lowes Website
Pricing issue

Lowes - Review from Quincy, Massachusetts

Everytime I order something for pick up at Lowe's, I have to wait about 20 mins or more for the items once I get to the store. Don't understand why they have that option for and why send me an email saying it's ready when it's not.

WOW, you people go to a movie and wait in line for a ticket or go to Disneyworld and wait three hours in a line for a ride or attraction, but you gripe that you have to wait 20 minutes for your order at Lowe's. Like, you're the only customer they have to wait on.

Lowe's is run like a retail store, they run each department with a minimal staff and overload and overwork their employees without regards to customer service, though they profess superior Customer Service, it's just a front. So think about it, Lowes overworks their employees to please the customers, so you need to understand one or two people can only do so much.

they will take care of the customers physically in the store first, then internet orders take second place. You are better off going to the store and getting the stuff yourself.

Lowes informed you that your order was ready for pickup. They don't know when the customer will actually arrive to get the order.

It does take time to contact the department and get the merchandise from the back of the store. Every order ready for pickup can't be brought to the front of the store beforehand.

It seems like you would figure out that you are better off just going to the store and buying your products rather than going on line to buy. Like the saying goes...

"Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me." You only have yourself to blame if you keep going through the same process.

View more comments (2)
Order processing issue

Lowes - Deck install in Salem VA

Please be aware to not use Lowes for Deck install. I started the process in October and as we go into January no deck. Lowes has lied over and over again and does not care that the work is not done despite the fact the have our money and charged us three months of interest on work not done. They have gone as far as to say materials were stolen from the worksite, when I asked about a police report the told me I would need to do that myself. I will not file a false police report for Lowes lies. Beware!!!
Service
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Deck install
Price reduction

Lowes - Southwire Crimpers Review from Garland, Texas

2.3
Bought a pair of 9" yellow/black SouthWire crimpers that are in their electrical aisle. The section where they used to carry Greenlee, Klein, and Ideal. Now all they carry is made in China ***. My crimpers broke at the jaw when I was making a crimp. I found out that Home depot carries Klein. I will shop at home depot from now on until lowes gives a *** about carrying a quality tool for an independent contractor or the diy kind of person. If I want chinese *** I will go to Harbour freight and pay a few dollars for it. Don't charge me $28 for *** *** chinese made pliers. I'll pay $28 forquality tools. I went to home depot and purchased Klein crimpers for $30 You may not care but I'm not the only person that sees the problem with the product you are carrying and acting like it's a quality product.
Bad quality

Southwire Products Review

They have replaced Klein and green lee with southwire products which are trash. Made in china. 9" crimpers that broke at the jaw when trying to make a crimp.

Lowes in Covington, Tennessee - Poor Service

Ordered a dishwasher at the local store. Since I wanted white, it was a "special order " and was charged $60.00 more,installation was $109.00. Still agreed to buy. This was on 11/29/14 and was supposed to be here on 12/15. Took off work. On the 15th, no dishwasher. Called salesperson who told me it may be on the truck that came in the night before and she was to check and call back. No call back. I called her back to find out "Due to the holidays the shipment was behind. Then, told me it would be delivered on the 19th. Took off work. Well, the 19th came. No dishwasher. Called the local Lowe's to find out why it wasn't there and waited on call back saying "There was a dent in the dishwasher. You'll have to re-order. Cancelled order and went to Home Depot only to have more delays from Maytag! After, taking off work again!

also, why are you posting the complaint on Lowe's, when you found out that it was actually the manufacturers fault to begin with?

#921935

Why would you take a day off work before you were notified the dishwasher had come in? You even took at least 2 more days off after the first delay.

Your complaint is about Lowes but as you should be able to plainly see, the problem is with Maytag. Why do consumers get so upset with the retail stores for manufacturers delays.

You got pissed at Lowes, went to Home Depot and had the same problem. Your complaint should be about Maytag, not the store you ordered it from.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Lack of response
Problem with delivery
Tags
  • dishwasher delivery

Lowes in Gilbert, Arizona - Lowe's - online shopping

Be careful when shopping at Lowe's. I looked for dishwashers in the store and found the prices to be much higher than online. I was advised by Lowe's associate to order my dishwasher online-which I did and I also ordered the new hose kit needed to install. Well, the dishwasher arrived the next day after ordering, but the parts I ordered did not come and I was also told that I had not purchased an install ( was not clear to me ordering online that I needed to order and pay for this.) So, I have a brand new dishwasher out on my garage without the parts to connect it--I'm told those will be coming in a week or so. So--not happy with Lowe's. Your online ordering needs to be much clearer--as does your store associate about the particulars of online ordering. Disappointing experience.

Well, the 19th came.

Review
Pros
  • Product
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Lowe's should cancel my credit card transaction for the parts that did not come with the dishwasher--as it is I will have to return them when they arrive and in the meantime i have to go and purchase the parts to get the job done now.