Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review: Ordering online,next day delivery,not really

Ordered a item online an a Thursday nite.The page said I can have the item delivered Friday using next day shipping.ok.I needed this part today so I bit the bullet and paid up an extra $25.After I paid,then I see the fine print.It takes a day to process,then ships the next day.aparrently nothing happens over the weekends so I found the part somewhere else and now Im out $25 for the so called next day shipping.Assuming I don't have to ship it back to return the part.They shouldn't mislead people about next day delivery.Ill be shopping the other hardware stores from now on.

Also, web orders are a 24 hour call back to schedule a delivery day for you. And if the product is not in store then it will have to be shipped to the store before you can get it.

So called customers like you don't realize how much stress you all put on those associates. Since web orders came about fore Lowes there have been nothing but a headache to deal with and the associates are the ones paying for it thanks to customers like you who think the world revolves around them.

And yea, Lowes should have a cut off time on delivery to shut up people like you.

In addition to what was said below, if you would take the time and read a little bit, you would have noticed that the "Next day delivery" is a service offered through the store for items that are IN STOCK. You ordered something that was not IN STOCK, so obviously it needed to be shipped from its location.

As in intelligent consumer you would pay attention to the details on an order. Today, Jan 10th I took a look at Lowes site and worked up an order.

On the page you pay for your order right below the total it stated order would arrive the next day after 1-11. I don't see how I would have been misled to believe it would get here on the 11th. You should also realize that most delivery companies like ups or fedex have a cut off time for next day delivery.

If you order at night you probably would have been to late for Lowes to get it shipped in time. Use a little common sense the next time you order.

View more comments (2)
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Tags
  • Next day shipping issues

Lowes manager, Jason said it's out of his hands and thanked me for calling!

Bought a ProCom gas heater a year ago with a 2 year warranty that no longer works. I'm unable to reach ProCom as they are very busy, and to call later. I've been trying for a week to reach them. Contacted Lowes, explained by dilemma and was told a manager would look into it and call me back. I get a call from Jason who gave me 2 numbers for ProCom so I can call them. He said they "should" send me the part. How do I know what part? It's out of his hands, he said and thanked me for

They did give you the solution. Contact the manufacturer.

Retail stores are NOT responsible for the warranty on a product, the manufacturer is. The quickest way to get a problem solved is to contact the manufacturer directly. Expecting the store to handle your claim just adds to the time it will take to get your problem solved. If the store contacted the manufacturer for you and they had more questions the store would have to call you back get the information, perhaps waiting for you to call them back.

Then they would have to contact the manufacturer again and hope they have all the information they need. Why do you think getting someone in the middle of your warranty claim is going to help in any way?

Mahaley
@Anonymous

Obviously, you didn't catch the part about being unable to reach ProCom. And for the manager to give me two numbers I've already called without success is not giving me a solution.

If Jason had even pretended to act like he cared instead of being indifferent, I wouldn't have mention Lowes first. Believe me, if ProCom would answer their phones, I would go that route for sure. I'm either 40 something in line and go for two hours without anyone answering, all lines are busy, please try again later, or the phone doesn't even ring. I had the same thing happen last year, again with a ProCom heater that came with broken parts, but this one I bought thru Home Depot.

After HD was unable to reach anyone at ProCom over a period of two weeks, they gave me my money back. Unfortunately, ProCom pretty much holds the market on gas space heaters and if I had known the CedarRidge heater I bought at Lowes was made by ProCom, I would have reevaluated my decision to buy. So, with this all said, are you Jason?

Employed by Lowes?

@Mahaley

Don't pay ANY attention to this coward Anonymous writer. He or she is some loser who work for Lowes that thumps down ALL negative comments and even takes the time (I'm sure during company time) to reply back to ALL those OPs who have posted negative comments.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Terrible Service From Mfg

Dont buy power tools a lowes

1.2
Brand new out of the box christmas gift... bosch 12 volt screwdriver didnt work. Went in store to exchange 3 days after christmas.... no way because the gift was purchased more than 30 days earlier. Seems their policy has changed. It apparently changes based on who you are and who is at the customer service desk. they are no longer the place to buy power tools - at least for me... Screw them - will by my tools from home depot in the future. their people are rude and treat you like a thief when trying to explain an exchange... Mckenna Road Arden NC lowes

Most stores follow their standard return policies even during the holidays unless a gift receipt is requested. It's still covered under warranty. Get it to a Bosch service center, they'll take care of it.

Review
Cons
  • Attitude or customer service
  • Poor customer service
Damaged or defective

Lowes review in Conroe, Texas: WORST EXPERIENCE - SHENONDOAH CABINETS

FACTS ABOUT THIS LOUSY ON GOING EXPERIENCE 1. Paid premium upfront for " Plywood Option " but when installers arrived and boxes and packing was removed, found particle board parts mixed in with all plywood parts 2. Informed Lowes - reordered the parts and of course waiting and delays. 3. Re-ordered parts arrived - and the parts were again particle board. 4. In order to avoid further frustration and delays I agreed to use what they shipped and YES Lowes issued a $500 credit. 5. The glass panels for cabinet doors - wrong size!! So again re-order wait and frustration The project was paid in FULL at LOWES on 08/26/14 and 09/02/14 and still as of January 6th 2015 - NOT COMPLETED, SILL WAITING FOR correct size glass panels. Jan 7th @ 3:00pm - I just now received e-mail response... WOW.... .....they are expressing regrets for not having the right size GLASS SHELF KITS and that I should check with a local glass shop...... DOES ANYONE AT LOWES/SHENONDOAH EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GLASS PANEL AND A GLASS SHELF???????????????? NO MORE LOWES or SHENONDOAH cabinets EVER IN LIFE!!! PLUS, I INTEND TO PERSONALLY INFORM ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE TO ENTIRE INDIAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY OF METRO HOUSTON AND HELP PEOPLE TO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS. ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUTH and I will assist to verify the same. My E-mail : sdpatel1018@gmail.com LOWES STORE ADDRESS: 15555 FM-529 HOUSTON, TEXAS 77095
Reason of review
Excessive delays, incomplete project, extreme frustration
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Modesto, California: The run a round

Over 7 weeks after order,our special order (white) refrigerator is still not delivered. Three delivery dates were promised, but no refrigerator. 3 or 4 times we were told they would call back, it did not happen. I asked for tracking on it and no one knew where it was but I was told it was in transit. Three weeks later, we still have no refrigerator. Then when pressed why they didn't know where it was I was told it wasn't their fault, it was the fault of the company making the refrigerator, Sansung. I'm still waiting to hear from Lowes.

Your problem is ordering a white refrigerator from a company like Samsung or LG. The bulk of their sales are stainless steel.

They have very limited quantities of other colors in their US warehouses. When the warehouse is out they have to have more made.

They are made in Korea and make take a month or two to be scheduled for production. Once made you look at 3 weeks to get to the warehouse by boat and another week to the store.

Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Rogers, Arkansas: Selling inferior products and knowing it.

I purchased presidential flooring from Lowes (anderson flooring)WITHIN 2 WEEKS IT BEGAN to bubble at the seams,it took 3 years to get lowes to come see the problem. They did not do anything but fire the employee that sold me the floor. they will not stand behind their *** product even though I was sold it by a disgruntled employee. their contractors took 1 and a half year to put up my crooked fence. Lowes in bella vista ar. is a store I will now stay away from. BAD NEWS!!!! I see they no longer sell the floor that only proves that they KNOW the product was bad, as for their contractors,they have no pride in their work and ar quite nasty when called to fix the problem. Be ready to wait months for any repairs.
Bad quality

Lowes - Shower Door Review from Minneapolis, Minnesota

I purchased A Kohler high end shower door. For one year have been trying to get issues resolved with several people with no result they do not back up there warrantees and they do not follow through ignore you and think the problem will go away

Your post is very incomplete. You neglect to say what the problem is that may or may not be covered by the warranty.

You also neglect to say who you contacted about the problem. Did you contact Kohler who is responsible for the warranty or someone at Lowes who is not.

Warranty issue

Don't Buy a Lowes Gift Card

My Canadian general contractor company purchased several $500 Lowes gift cards at Christmas time to pass out to some of our subcontractors and employees as a way of saying "Thanks for another great year". To our surprise we found out that the gift cards are not usable for any online purchases. The Canadian website says Lowes has "Over 100,000 products" but approximately 33% are only available in store. This means the cards are no good for approx 66% of the items. When I went in to speak to a manager I asked if she could order in "online only" items from the website and have them delivered to our local store so that the cards could be used. She said that could not be done and agreed that I would have been better giving cash instead of Lowes gift cards …. NEVER AGAIN.
Product
Lowes Gift Card
Not as described/ advertised

Keychain Review

Went to the Hialeah location and Ailen M. was unable to scan a keychain holder for me... It took 15 minutes for something they didn't have a price for. Ridiculous wait time and attitude !!
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Clifton Park, New York: Poor Incorrect Information and attitude

Went to Lowes on 12/30/14 went to buy a laundry washer. Was told they had one in stock. But they were unable to find it. Was then told two other Lowes had them in stock but they couldn't find them either. Finally had to order it and wait three days for it to arrive. Received a call on the day i was told it would arrive 1/2/15 telling me it wouldn't be delivered until 1/5/15. When i asked why i was told because the truck never showed up with it. I informed them i had taken the day off and was promised it would be here 1/2/15. Only reply i received was " Oh well these things happen " I guess thats what happens coming from a minimum wage low life. This will be the last time i buy anything from Lowes.

They told you it would arrive on the 2nd meaning it would arrive at Lowes on that day, They then have to call you and sch a delivery date. If the product don't arrive it's not L:owe's to blame.

A lot of you don't understand the system but yet take it out on the associates who are already taking enough heat from customers like you. The associates do what they can to make the world revolve around customers like you, There are only so many delivery trucks and delivery drivers to deliver and when the trucks get over loaded then its hard to keep everyone happy. Especially when Lowe's wants to honor next day delivery but yet corporate is on the manager's butt about: why does delivery have so much overtime.!? It's like, what do they want, service the customer or worry about paying the O.

T. to the associates. The store manager comes down hard on the delivery manager about the overtime, Can't have both. There should be a cut off time like most delivery companies have.

Retail is very hard to deal with because of so many customers who want the world to revolve around them.

I have the same problem with Lowe's at Oakland park and University, promise delivery my wash machine today (8am to 10 am)and when i call Lowe's 2 pm and ask about my delivery I receive the answer, we no have your product in stock, your delivery come in jan 5 after 5 pm, LAST SHOP better buy in HOME DEPOT

@marco

im sure they couldt understand what you were saying on the phone, becuause whatever you are trying to say is terribly written.

Never take a day off work until you know for sure the product is there and ready for delivery. Appliance manufactures are good at backordering product or not shipping out of their warehouse on time.

For example, Whirlpool (also makes Maytag, Amana, Kitchen-aid, Jenn-air etc) ships product into a distribution center in Minneapolis. This distribution center has had problems getting product to the stores it services on time. The don't notify the store in advance, they just don't show up. When the store checks with Whirlpool to see where their appliances are they are just told they will be delivered on next weeks truck.

A store like Lowes has no control over this. The date they give you when you make the purchase is the expected delivery date, unfortunately the manufacturer didn't keep up their end of the deal.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Employees attitude
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered