Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Legal Action against Lowes - A Real ‘Catch 22’!

Here’s the thing about Lowes installation contracts. It concerns ‘forced arbitration’. Meaning that if a dispute arises between you and Lowes as the result of a faulty installation, you could be out of a lot of money even if you choose to take them to arbitration which is your only recourse if informal mediation between you and the store that provided the service fails. First of all, you’ll need an attorney unless you want to want to ‘bring a knife to a gun fight’ because there’s a good chance that if faced with arbitration, Lowes will certainly bring out their ‘hired guns’. If the billable hours of your attorney begin at $305.00/hour, you’re then looking at well over $1,500.00 for at least 5 hours (minimum) to prepare for the hearing with dispositions, discovery and so on. Then there’s the expert witness that you’ll need to hire because again, Lowes will bring one or more of their best to the proceedings! So be sure to add another $2,000.00 (for each expert witness) to your legal fees. For example, If your claim against Lowes for totals around $3,000.00 and the arbitration panel finds for the plaintiff (that would be you) for the entire amount, you will have won nothing since you’re down another $500.00 for all your effort (that’s if you chose to include the testimony of at least one expert witness). Incidentally, if you read further into the fine print on the last few pages of your installation contract with Lowes, you’ll notice that you also have the option to bring them to ‘small claims’ court depending on the amount of your claim. However, if you choose to bring Lowes to small claims court, they will need to bring an attorney since Lowes is a major corporation and cannot send an ‘ordinary manager’ to represent them in court. The rules for the county in the state in which I reside prevents attorneys from representing their clients in small claims court. They would instead be referred to the next level, district court, where attorneys are allowed by both parties. And since the ‘fine print’ in Lowes’ contract for installation services precludes a consumer from suing Lowes in a general court of law, your only other recourse is ‘forced arbitration’. Hence, Lowes has ‘all the bases covered’. I found this out after I consulted an attorney who spent well over an hour with us for only $40.00 (we found through a legal-aid referral from our county Bar Association) and deciphered the cryptic legalese of my installation contract with Lowes. By the way, this is a fairly common legal tactic used by larger companies that have numerous complaints and wish to minimize their costs for litigation. The moral of this cautionary tale; if you’re considering using Lowes especially for a major renovation, and something goes wrong as a result of their installation, if you file a claim, and eventually go to arbitration (even with legal representation and expert witnesses to support your case), you may find the amount your recover will barely cover your legal costs and you will have won an worthless moral and hollow victory. And in my case, after all the grief I’ve suffered due to the incompetence of one of Lowes ‘highly skilled’ contractors, I’m not about to add insult to injury by giving these ‘bottom dwelling ***-suckers’ the satisfaction of knowing I’ll have spent even more money by pursuing them in arbitration. So it’s a given I’ll never recommend Lowes installation services to anyone nor will I ever set foot in another of their stores to spend a bloody dime as long as I am drawing a breath. But I also truly believe in ‘Karma’ (what goes around, comes around) so in one way or another, Lowes (including everyone from the store manager down to the contractor who had their grubby little hands on my project) will someday get theirs. And the most delicious part, it will be when they least expect it!

As a former Lowe's installer, I can say this post really isn't doing homeowner's any service. The reality is that Lowe's pays out of pocket to take care of so much stuff.

The installers often eat that cost, but customers are basically guaranteed satisfaction. In the rare instances they don't take this approach (pay out to make it go away), it's because there is literally no merit and it is obvious the customer is out to get free money. Anyone who works in construction, especially residential knows there is a lot of grey involved. Was that gutter damaged before we arrived?

Did that wall have that issue in that one corner of the house. There's literally so much to account for it results in a lot of grey. Therefore, it just comes down to good faith between the homeowner and the installer. We had to eat so much expense because customer's, who understandably don't understand the technical aspects of our trade, would complain and Lowe's just forced us to pay to make it go away.

I can't stress enough how much better off you are going with a larger company like Lowes. One, they will always be in business. Most service companies go out business after a few years. Two, they're such a large company, they just pay to make stuff go away.

Three, you're far more protected from a legal/insurance perspective.

This is probably the biggest advantage of Lowes or a bigger company than some small business. You're better off going with a large company, whether or not that's Lowes.

@Anonymous

first off, you clearly are a biased party, as you work for lowes. secondly, this post is 1,000% accurate as i am currently dealing with the same nonsense.

the writer of this post is correct, lowes does have all bases covered, very tactfully. Their contractors suck, and so do their products (specifically pella windows). They have total disregard to their customers and take months for a simple installation. Why?

because they know they can get away with it and still recover all their money. DUH

Your a liar. Simple.

My project started a month ago and was supposed to be done in a week. Lowes won't even talk to me. They broke a bunch of stuff in my house and covered it up. I got a freaking hole in my wall going outside, the contractor put a piece of tape over it and installed a cabinet to hide it.

Lowes said that was just fine, and that it is our problem. Contractor was never able to find the design plan, so he just "winged" it.

Nothing is up to code. Doors don't even open, and lowes said it was my problem.

Go through homeowners insurance: they fight Lowes: more than likely with a bigger stick!

Very informative

Day late and dollar short as I am in the middle of a Charlie Foxtrot with them right now. I wish I would have read this before I spent over $26,000 on a bathroom when I could have done a better job installing tile myself. Aside from being *** they are liars as well.

@Anonymous

$26,000 on a bathroom? You could have bought yourself a used Double-Wide trailer with that much money. Double-Wide to accommodate your Double-Wide Rear Posterior!

@Anonymous

I like my meals just like I like my womens................SUPER-SIZED! Women with a little bit more to love!

JUST HIRE SOME OF THE GENTLEMEN STAYING AT THE SALVATION ARMY TO DO YOUR PROJECT. THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO A WORSE JOB THAN THE FOLKS AT LOWES WOULD!

Please understand that all of these problems are not unique to Lowe’s. All big box stores have the same arbitration clauses and have the arrangements with contractors.

It’s possible you may get a good contractor but it’s just the luck of the draw.

We always use local contractors that have good local reputations and you can talk to their customers. Yes, they charge more but in my view it’s well wort it.

I head problem with Lowes roof installers it did not pass inspection yet they refuse to fix it. They are an absolute disgrace don't do any business with Laws

this was extremly helpful. We have also been screwed by the Lowes installation team..

From their sales rep to the store manager. They are a disgusting company who we will never recommend or use ever again.

@Rebecca Orona

Screwed over here too!

A lesson learned. That "clause" is set up against the customer.

I wonder how many of us actually won against them.

Probably very few. Such is life today!

Hired lowes to install dishwasher. Their contractor cut and capped a water line inproperly and flooded my home costing me 40k in damages that I know of.

Please, stay away from lowes this is the 4th time in our area this has happened. Their managers are evasive and I would be sitting in black mold if I didn't call my home owners insurance.

I purchased doors to be installed in June and it's 02Oct, only 3 of the 8 have been partially installed. Never, ever again Lowes.

Absolutely horrible! Contractor is incompetent and dishonest!

The central production office at NC doesn’t care about customer and doesn’t return emails and calls. Stay away from Lowe’s at all cost!

Lowes is a horrible company. They do not stand behind the work of the contractors they hire.

The railing on my deck had been installed improperly and needs to be replaced. $1600 in material. Lowes offerd me a $50.00 gift card.

I told them that was not acceptable. I was told it has been escalated, however no return calls for 2 months.

I wish I had read this BEFORE hiring Lowe's to install my deck and fence. I am hating my life and Lowe's so bad right now.

OMG. Same here.

They installed 2 decks. Contractor nor Lowes rep reviewed city code and was installing against code.

So many other awful incidents occurred during installation. Also promised to remove labor charges then would not give it.

I will never go to Lowe's for future projects! I am going through it now.

Window installed over 2 months ago and still not settled. Lowe's and their contractors are dishonest and made up lies to cover their installation error and damage.

By any means take pictures before, during and after installation. Don't trust Lowe's.

I have had the identical experience with Lowes in Central Mass (Westborough location). Simple residing project that was suppose to take 2 weeks is now into 4 months and still no trim or siding on my house.

What I do have is the original siding on my house removed and for the last 3 months and 29 days I've had the framing of my house exposed to the elements.

Water coming into the house, birds nesting in the walls, Wasps everywhere...total nightmare and Lowes could care less, they just blame someone else. RUN FROM LOWES AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

I have one thing to say, "DON'T HIRE LOWES FOR ANY HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECT". The worse experience in my whole life, and I'm 68 years old.

Save your money and sanity. I cannot I cannot believe how horrible this went - lies; incompetent contactors, pass the buck, no returned p phone calls, no returned emails, and switching materals we chose for cheap products. Who does this????

Lowes does. Stay away fro them

@Garry Davidson

Thanks for the head-up, Sir. I'll make sure that I never hire Lowes for any home improvement project.

Lowe's hired some *** floor installer for our tile. Now you trip over lippage and all the thin set coming through the grout.

Has been 1 1/2 years and finally go to arbitration in December, *** at Lowe's never explained the contract and used the wrong grout.

The contractor has never returned to complete the project. Would NEVER recommend Lowe's for anything, unless you want to be taken advantage of for life.

Lowes doesn't let you read all those fine print until you sign because you sign on page 3 and page 4-7 have all that stuff and they pull it away from you and say here now sign this one. And so on and that is how it goes.

And there Project Managers are trained in Smoke& Fire & Mirrors to keep you from realizing what is going down. And later on when you catch them they come up with all kinds of double talk andDon't remembers.

I am going through it now. Window install in Nov. 2017 and still not settled in July 2018.

About to begin this mediation/arbitration/court journey with them regarding installation of six Pella replacement windows . .

. wish me luck.

@Tina Barrett

can you contact me at my email tcollada@yahoo.comThank youTere

@Tina Barrett

Can you contact me at petrilla636@hotmail.com. I had Prlla Windows install. I am starting the process, but not getting anywhere.

@Tina Barrett

Can you email me as well. I had Pella windows installed by a lowes contractor and its been a nightmare looking to do the same tdion@comcast.net

@Tina Barrett

I’m about to still a case with Lowe’s about my Pella doors and windows. Please email me if you can.

Maybe we can work together to get through this mess. Smastro@msn.com

Reading this makes me so sad. I'm dealing with Lowes regarding the damage they did when installing the kitchen.

They want us to sign a certificate of release before they fix what they damaged when installing the cabinets.

There is no way we can't sign a release that we really don't know if they will fixed what they damage. The interesting is their mission to “Never Stop Improving.” They have caused a devastating burden to the construction of our home which has negatively impacted our personal and financial lives.Any suggestion?

Pretty sure we can file a class action suit.

Wow, me too!

@Alisa K

Me too

mE TOO!

Lets do it

Agreed!!!!!What a disappointment dealing with their great contractors!!!Can't install A fence correct the first time or the 2nd time and want a 3rd try!!And wont do anything to compensate us!!

What a great, and true, account of what is happening with lowes. I am having issues right now with installation of new exterior doors.

No one, including the executive customer service team, is helpful. I have moved all of my business to Home Depot. It is no wonder why HD stock is over $200, while lowes is at $99.18.

Lastly, you will notice that I cannot even bring myself to capitalize their name. I have so much disrespect for them, that I won't even recognize them with a capital letter.

I am going through this with a window install which they hired a licensed fence decking siding contractor. A disaster, it started in Dec.

2017 and has done around $60,000.00 in damages.

Seven months now and nothing. Not only do they have incompetent employees to handle your complaints they also have insurance agents that enjoy playing elementary school games with you.

I agree, we are going through it now.

Totally agree Do not use any box for large projects.

This comment reads like a long bitter diatribe from a teenaged girl who got dumped by her boyfriend OR a theoretical muckraking about an event which apparently never happened because if is laced with "if...then" - fantasy and fiction, not real. And I don't care for your vulgarity.

Not sure CSLB would handle cases of arbitration against Lowe's but its seems if a licence contractor did the work you would have that recourse of CSLB. Its a timely process but CSLB paid for my expert witness and all the arbitration cost.

I represented myself but was very prepared.

It was only against a Private Contractor and no attorneys were involved. I did win the case and the decision is final and contractor license was suspended until I was paid in full.

Too late to read this!

Agreed. We had a poor quality installation of flooring (wood) Lowes (sub-contractor Keller Interior).

We later found NWFA.org.

In Florida, Lowes sub-contract with Keller Interiors. The report we got back from NWFA.org was that it was a "amateur" job.

Yes, do read the contract as they will limit you (small claim in FL is max at $5K).

Avoid Lowes and Keller and seek true professionals; may cost a little more, but you avoid the HEADACHES.

ransom
#1392006

All true, but please be aware that all the 'big box stores' do the same thing. You are always better off dealing with specialty shops, and even with them, do your homework.

It usually costs more but it's worth it. We have been happy with work done by specialty professional companies and would not consider using a big box company.

Lowes is no worse than the others.

We buy products from them but never services, unless it's just to deliver something to our driveway. Even that can be screwed up but not as often or as easily.

I’m not sure what you discussed with an attorney but according to the contract Lowes cannot use an attorney. Arbitration isn’t mandatory, it’s an option including small claims court.

I do agree that they would probably not send a random employee. However if you legally serve someone and they do not appear, then they forgo representation. I’m sure they have legal experts that are t lawyers to ensure they don’t lose.

If you win a case in small claims court you can recoup the costs associated with filing and presenting your claim not to exceed the limit of small claims court. I hope this helps.

@Anonymous

I'm needing to get a roof installed..was considering hiring Lowe's.. however I'm having a issue with paying them up front(100%) to me that doesn't seem right..

I was told that by the representative who initially came out..

duh! Thanks

No dont do it

@Janice

Big box stores always require payment up front. Your are better off hiring a roofing contractor directly, you will save money.

If you have a roof done through Lowes or Home Depot they will hire a local roofing company to do the job and tack on a nice profit for doing it. It is not their employees that will be working on your house.

@Janice

Do nit use Lowes for your roof install!!! I paid $8500 for a new roof that leaks and they won't fix it.

TERRIBLE, UNSKILLED WORKERS, MAY NOT EVEN BE LICENSED

Tried calling Lowe's corporate in North Carolina. All they do is take the information and contact the store which is the reason for the call to corporate. Customer service is not a priority to them!

@Anonymous

So glad I read all these negative reviews. Was going to install office cabinets thru lowes, but not now!!!!!

Take your business elsewhere and pay more if you have to so you will not end up dealing with the nightmare Lowe's will put you through AFTER they get your money. I am now watchful of any company that has a long contract about not being sued and going to arbitration.

If a company has to do that and wants you to sign it AFTER they get your money...they don't care about you and customer service. It's ALL ABOUT THEM. If you want doors, find a door company.

If you want flooring, go to a flooring company. A one stop shop is nice until they *** over!

They are horrible. DO NOT USE THEM!!

I have had problems with Lows. They are very slow on big projects.

Plus some if their subcontractor are terrible, they make a lot of mistakes.

Such unable to install simple things, also they have the nerve to ask me for help on some parts of project and I paid over 10 grand. Never again will go with Lows

Do not use Lowes for carpet installation. Worst experience ever.

I have never encountered so many unprofessional people.

We have spent thousands and thousands in their store and when we have a legitimate problem they are arrogant jerks. They won't get another penny from us.

The Lowes delivery guy came and put my dryer it but he stole my iPhone charger in the washroom also broke my solar outside stole my tools and Lowes is not doing anything about it

Please stay away. Lowes uses bully tactics.

I am out 150k on a botched job.

Do not use Lowes ever for contracting.

Lowes botched my Mother's bathroom remodel. The project began in July 2016, since then they installed incorrect cabinets (twice), counter top, closet mirrors (twice), and shower door (twice).

Their store management is incapable and not interested in finding a timely fix.

My recommendation is to avoid Lowes at all costs - they are inept. Avoid the nightmare that is common place with Lowes and shop somewhere else.

@Brian

Whoops, project began July of 2015 and still ongoing January 2016. Lowes should be shut down.

@Brian

OMG, sounds like the same bathroom reno nightmare we are experiencing with Lowe's in LaPlata, MD! Worst experience EVER!

What was supposed to be a 6-8 week job turned into a year long nightmare!

I wouldn't buy a bathroom plunger from Lowe's EVER in life!

BTW, for the record and curious ‘Scrabble’ aficionados who happen to also follow this blog, the item that was erroneously deleted from my post with *asterisks* was simply a harmless but very descriptive four letter term that began with ‘S’ ended with ‘M’ and rhymed with ‘***’!

'rum'!

View more comments (66)
Review

Lowes - I had an issue withe a cordless combo kit.

I found a Dewalt #DCK290l2 combo kit at home depot for $279.00.I then called lowes to ask what their price for that same model. Lowes price was $90.00 higher. I told the store representative i had found the same product at home depot for a better price and would they beat that price. I was then told that they would have order that product and they could only match the price because of having to order the product. I thought this is an easy way to getting out of what is advertised, just say you have to order it, I think it is still their product if they carry that name brand and are able to have acess to it. I don't think dewalt sells it to home depot for a better price than they would lowes if so the they need to file a complaint wit dewalt.

Why did you not buy it at home depot?

When a company like Lowes or Home Depot stock an item they get a price break for volume purchases. They don't get that break special ordering an item one at a time.

Just go to Home Depot and buy it. Quit being a PITA.

View more comments (1)
did not beat the better price found by 10%
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Queens, New York - Very poor delivery!

2.3
I usually order from Lowes online and go to the store to pick up my items. This time I didn't have anyone to take me 10 miles to the store and tried ordering online which went smoothly. The store had everything I needed. I never knew the Rosedale, NY store was a freakin' nightmare. This was the first time I wanted something delivered and this would be my last. After placing my order no one contacted me. I then called the store to ask them when they will deliver my items. They then said I will receive an automated message with a two hr window of delivery. The message never came. Since I didn't know what time they would arrive and I had to work, I had someone to stay in my home to expect this delivery. When it was getting late, I called customer service who assured me that my items were on the truck and I could expect it between 7 and 9 PM. Well 11:00 PM came and still no delivery and no phone call. I called the main office who learned that the delivery men decided not to delivery my items because it was "getting late." Ok, but no one had the decency to call me to let me know? The next morning I called and complained again and inquired when I will receive my delivery. Someone said I will be getting my items later today. So again, I had someone wait in my home so I wouldn't miss them while I was at work. Mind you, the person had to work that night and wouldn't be able to get any sleep trying to help me out. I started getting late again, and yes again, no delivery. I called the Rosedale, NY store at 7:30 PM on Tuesday night and got a message saying the store was closed. I then called the main branch again who couldn't get in touch with anyone at the Rosedale location. I was too angry at this point and demanded that she cancelled my order! She did, which puts my back square one of not having the materials to finish my bathroom that the last handyman destroyed and I haven't had access to for more than a month now. I changed my Lowes store to a different branch and ordered the items for me to pick up. This is very inconvenient for me as a woman because many of the supplies are extremely heavy which is why I needed them delivered in the first place. Now I have to go to the new location and take a cab back home. I will never order from Lowes, Rosedale, NY branch again! This was my first and LAST time!

Same problem I'm being treated like garbage

Going through the exact same problem right now. You took the words right out of my mouth of what is happening to me.

Never had such horrible service and went to store to demand refund. They use a third party service called XPO and apparently this is a HUGE problem with them. Lowes was scrambling to keep my business and offered discount on item. NO WAY!

Enough of the charade! Buying local from now on.

I am very sorry for the experience you had with our delivery company, XPO Last Mile. We strive to give Lowes' customers the best delivery experience possible, and obviously, you did not receive this.

I apologize for this inconvenience. We would like to make this up to you, if possible.

Please contact me at jackie.workmon@xpolastmile.com with your name and original delivery date. I will be happy to get you in touch with a manager right away.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Jackie Workmon

XPO Last Mile

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Sells Items the Don't Have

2.8
On Sep 13, 2014, I thought that I had purchased a refrigerator to be delivered to our new house on Friday Sep 26, 2014. On Sep 25, 2014 I received a phone message to inform me that the refrigerator should be available in 7 days (NOTE: This is 12 days after purchasing and the day before scheduled delivery. Today, Sep 30, 2014 I called the store to find out when the refrigerator would be delivered and was told that there are some at the distribution center and that it would be at least 10 days before they would know if one of those would be allocated to my delivery. That would be almost 30 days from date of purchase to knowing if Lowe's has the product which they sold. Will be shopping for refrigerator this week end, should I not hear from Lowe's. Oh, probably shopping at Sears, Home Depot, or Best buy or anywhere except the dealer that does not deliver product.

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Update by user Oct 30, 2014

After contacting the corporate number the following day the store manager contacted me. He indicated to me that the shift manager was incorrec.

We were given a refund.

It should have never required this much effort for their customer. Had the manager even read his own receipt he would have known he was wrong.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2014

Purchased a drill and impact driver Set from Lowe's. I purchased a replacement plan at the same time. 60 days after the purchase the drill broke. I took it back to get the replacement had my receipt in hand only to learn that the Lowe's employee did not register the replacement plan. The drill was replaced because it was within the 90 days of purchase. I was told that the previously purchased protection plan had to be repurchased because they did not transfer. The original replacement plan cost was just given to Lowe's because they never registered and thus I received nothing in return for that $20. The attitude of the staff was that there was just nothing they could do about it. Lowes should have refunded my original $20 because I never received anything for it but they didnt agree. In my opinion one should never buy power tools from Lowes or one should never purchase protection plans from Lowe's. Buyer beware.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll avoid that store......

Loss
Tags
  • deceptive
  • Tool protection plan

Poor Service Review

Purchased just about everything for the house, paid at least $20000, installer won't come, Lowe's promised they will make it happens. Still nothing done, very hard to get refund. Please think more than twice before you have Lowe's to your home improvement project.

Lowes - Lowe's sent a thief into my home

1.7
I recently purchased carpet for my home for Lowe's, which included installation. I didn't realize it, but they contract out such work to people who in turn contract with other people to do the work. Lowe's says they require background checks on everyone they send into your house, but in my case that wasn't true. Two men showed up and I immediately recognized the signs that one was a substance abuser. I had taken the day off to be there while they worked, but in this case I tried to stay in the next room and keep an eye on them. The fellow who was in charge was nice, seemed to do good work, and as far as I know was trustworthy. The other man was a different story. It was his first time to ever install carpet and his first day working for Lowe's. As I was told later, he was recently released from prison on a drug charge and the installer gave him a job to help him get on his feet. The man who was the helper spent a lot of the day in our bathroom. He went six times, staying one time for thirty minutes. I later realized he had gone through everything in the bathroom, apparently looking for drugs of which there were none. Later, after they finished one of the rooms, he went back into it and apparently went through everything on the closet shelves. At the end of the day, when I was trying to put furniture back in the room they had finished, I occasionally lost track of him. At one point I found him going through a pair of my pants in a room where he had no business. Later I realized he stole my pocket knife. The worst was that he got into another room, also where they were not working, and stole my sister-in-law's wallet containing her driver's license, credit card, medical cards, and pictures. She realized shortly after they left that her wallet was missing and called to cancel the card. However, he had already been to three stores and used the card for several purchases totaling $90.00. I called the installer and he recovered the card and license, but not the wallet, medical cards or personal items. The installer dropped these off the next day and also paid for the charges on the card. I called Lowe's and they asked that I file a police report, which I did. That took a couple hours of my time, plus a trip to the police station, and I doubt anyone ever follows up on it. Since no one from Lowe's had apologized, the next day I went to the store and asked to speak with the manager. He was pleasant, offered me a $150 credit on my Lowe's card for my trouble, and assured me that Lowe's has a strict policy of requiring background checks on everyone who works for them. I wasn't impressed. I did my own background check on this crook and discovered he has been in and out of jail since he was 18 in three counties. I found a dozen records: drugs, indecent exposure, drug paraphernalia, burglary, driving with an invalid license, failure to appear, various traffic violations, including dwi; and unsecured child under 8. I couldn't get his records after 2006 but understand that for the last eight years he's continued in and out of jail and prison on various charges, most recently for Methamphetamine. In addition, his wife is currently in prison for drugs. The only good news is that the State of Texas has custody of their children. I suspect as time goes on we'll realize other things are missing that this thief picked up. What really bothers me, though, is that Lowe's would let someone like this come into my home. It leaves one feeling violated and that Lowe's doesn't really care about their customers. They promote their commitment to customer service, but I didn't experience it. In addition, some of the carpet has already come lose from the tack strips and I'm going to have to have Lowe's send someone out to fix it.

get ready in 2015 lowes to get read of all small contractors and work illeagles for less money

Poor customer service

Lowes - Review

Lows is the worse place to buy they have horrible service. Our fridge it's been braking all the time this is the 5th time in 2 years. They send someone to foxy it and then they cancel so I have to throw all my food away I have a bug family w 3 kids and this is *** ***. If this happen to them they will fix the problem right away they don't care about their costumes only when u show at the store to buy. They don't want to change the fridge ! Also the dish washer broke twice to all the appliances that I got from them are a pice of junk . The washing machine as well and my husband had to fix it ! Please go buy at the Home Depot. It's much better

Lowes - Refrigerator Review

Lemon Lemon Lemon that is what you sold me. I purchased a refrigerator and after 4 months quit working and now it has been 5 weeks and I and they have deemed it in repairable I do not want another Haier refrigerator it is a piece of junk I am notifying the news company to let them know that Lowrs does not stand behind the products they sell. Thanks got selling me a lemon and then not doing nothing to help we can not buy grocery we are living out of coolers.

It is NOT the retail stores responsibility to stand behind a product they sell. The manufacturer of the product is responsible for the warranty.

You are directing your frustrations at the wrong party.

You should be complaining to and about Haier. Haier is responsible for the warranty and if you aren't satisfied with the way they are handing it you shouldn't be complaining about Lowes.

All Lowe's can do is follow up with the manufacturer of the product, so see how they can proceed. What a lot of people don't understand is after the appliance is sold, it is not a Lowe's product unless you purchase a Lowe's Specific protection plan..

Its like taking your 9 month old Puppy the developed cancer to the Puppy Breeder and demanding a refund for selling a defective puppy.

Certainly you would not see any $ because the breeder has not power over natural selection. All things made, function on the same principals.

Things break, sometimes at a untimely rate.

I'm sorry you feel like your Lowe's store did not do everything in there power to assist you further, but out right blaming them is completely crazy.

View more comments (1)

Lowes Replacement Review

I have purchase a refrigerator it has been broken for 5 weeks no one will help me even though I offer to purchase a different brand and maybe pay a little more told me NO. I have been living out of coolers for 5 weeks they will not back a product they sale.