Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Mechanic Tool Set Review from Mountain View, California

I was shopping for a complete 300 piece mechanics toolset, I was torn between Lowes toolset & Harbor Freight. I think Cobalt tools are better than Harbor Freight tools, the deciding factor was that Harbor Freight will replace any broken tool for life no questions asked. When I asked the salesman at Lowes what their policy was he said they would replace it if they had the tool, wrong answer. They lost a $250 purchase

I'm glad to know that Harbor Freight intend to keep every tool they ever sell as a stock item until the end of the world, after all they are known for their high quality tools that are made in tiny sweat shops in Taiwan. I hope you can go back in a few years and get a new tool when the ***, oops sorry awesome tool, you bought breaks. If they do not have the item, however, I hope you write a review telling people about it.

Poor customer service

Lowes review in Towanda, Pennsylvania: Is this bait & switch?

I tried ordering a dryer on line that was on sale for $239. I was supposed to get a call within 24 hours to arrange delivery. When I didn't get a call I called customer service. Customer service told me the item was not available and spent almost an hour trying to sell me a more expensive model. When I asked to speak to a manger a so called manager named Julie #1462183 got on the phone and talked over me for 3 minutes not letting me speak about how there was nothing she could do. I finally gave up an cancelled my order which had already been charged to my Lowes credit card. I admit I thought that a new dryer for $239 was to good to be true but this is the sale season. Guess I had sucker written somewhere.
Service
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Customer service received

Lowes review: Brand New Washer that does not work

I bought a new washer and paid $553 on 10/27/2014. Within days I found the washer was not working. Lowes put me in touch with a service company, they came to fix it a few days later. They said they will come back with a part. That "monday" came and went- and six more times they said-"part delayed", "waiting for part", then "part will be sent from another location", then "technician is sick". I asked them to take back the washer and Ill pay for a new one' they would'nt do it. I'm going to buy one from Home Depot.

What you need to understand is that the retail store you buy an appliance from is NOT responsible for the warranty on the product. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for the warranty repairs and sets up their network of service centers.

The service company you contacted is paid by the manufacturer, not Lowes to repair the product they made. If you had purchased the washer at Home Depot the same people would be out there repairing it.

Your complaint should be with the manufacturer of the washer, not Lowes. As a consumer you need to educate yourself as to who is responsible for the warranty on products you purchase.

@Anonymous

Well, it is Lowe's phone number that I call, and Lowe's is the company that answers the call and directs it to the repair company. If that is the level of service Lowe's provides, it is obviously their service issue.

I cannot track down every manufacturer, and every repairman in the country to find out who is at fault. I paid Lowe's and Lowe's is the one responsible to review and answer the complaint. They are the only one that have taken the money and are responsible for a (defective) product.

Next time I buy something from your store, do you expect me to fly to China to track down a manufacturer, who may have a customer service rep in India, with a repairman in Mexico? Or should I just come to you?

You need to be in business to know how to take responsibility-not just hand it off to someone else who might be responsible, but you get to keep the money.

@mike

Read your warranty. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer not Lowes.

The manufacture is the party legally responsible for the warranty repair. Retail stores act as a middleman to make it convenient for you to take delivery of a product from the manufacturer. In this case the also acted as a middleman in getting you in touch with the manufacturers approved service center. When you bought the washer it obviously had a manufactures name on it.

It also came with instructions, a copy of the warranty and a warranty card to send in. If you pull out that packet of information it gives you a number at the manufacturer to call for warranty service. Nothing to "track" down, you have all the information you need. You just chose the lazy way and called Lowes.

They helped you out in filing the claim with the manufacturer who is responsible for the repair and now all you do is complain. As a consumer it is YOUR responsibility to educate yourself as to how warranties work. Review the warranty before you purchase the product.

If you don't like the process (the appliance warranty calls for repair not replacement) don't buy it. You can always get a scrub board and wash your clothes by hand.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Port Saint Lucie, Florida: Checkout run around

2.6
was second in line at the only checkout open,was told to go to another checkout,where? I said,she waved down toward the other end of the store,there was nothing else open except self checkout,I said I don't do selfs,still she and the customer ahead of me ( who by the way raced past me to beat me to the only checkout only to say he had a problem and didn't know which to buy....aaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!) waved toward the other end of the store.I said no other lights were on and she said their lights were not on.What?I put the items down and said I'm going to Home Depot,while the checkout lady was calling for some other woman to check me out.I left after making 3 attempts to find a checkout open when there was no other.Gaming a paying customer will not help your sales,especially the week of thanksgiving.
Review
Pros
  • Neat aisles
Cons
  • Service at checkout
Preferred solution
you need a manager up front to get the people up front to do their job

Lowes - Delivery Review from Linwood, New Jersey

1.5
Sold me a product they didn't have. Even called and confirmed the delivery date of the product twice. Received a third call from them then saying they were out of the product and would be able to deliver it until the following year sometime. Wouldn't even sell me a comparable product at the same price which they are obligated to do. Won't shop at lowes again.

Where do you get the idea that they are obligated to sell you a comparable product at he same price?

Do you actually think retail stores make the products they sell? They gave you a delivery date based on when the manufacturer of the product said it would be shipped.

At some point they were informed it wouldn't arrive till next year. Lowes has no control over manufacturing or shipping delays (check the news, West coast dock workers are slowing shipping on ships coming in on the west coast).

If you ordered the same product from another store that had to rely on delivery from the same manufacturer do you think it would get to you any quicker? Wake up and join the real world.

View more comments (1)

Company Policies Review

There's something very dodgy going on in Lowes (va stores) right now re: staff being fired for no apparent reason..watch this space

Lowes review in Spring Hill, Tennessee: Trying to lower my interest rate,,

I am a terrific customer, 52 years of age,, my husband and I visit Lowes almost every week,, I am ALWAYS on time with my payment,, I ALWAYS over pay my bill,,,,, always shopping at Lowes , I called to express my interest in lowering my interest,, would not even give me the time of day,,, New River Building Supply beside Lowes Hardware will get my terrific business,,,, LOSING A VALUABLE CUSTOMER, check my record. I am extremely disappointed in your company and the disregard for what I wanted. thank you.. Sharon C Sells,,, mountainregion2000@yahoo.com,, have a great day..

WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT LOWES IS TRUE IM A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER ALSO BUT THEIR INTREST RATES KILL YOUR PURCHASE AND I LIKE THE STORE BUT I HAVE SOME MONEY COMING SOON AND I ALSO WILL CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND GO ELSEWHERE I GUESS THEY THINK THEY ARE THE ONLY STORE LMAO THEY SHOULD LOWERE RATED FOR LOTAL LONGTIME CUSTOMER TO 10 PERCENT THAT ARE LOYAL PROVEN CUSTOMER S

#1462062

Why don't people understand that store cards always have a higher interest rate. Get a low rate Visa or Master Card and use it.

Sure they run no interest deals if you pay it of in a certain number of months, but how to you think the credit company makes any money doing that? They charge a high interest rate to those who carry a balance or don't get their big purchase paid off during their no interest term.

#1461975

I had the same experience. As soon as its paid off, I'll go back. I will start going to Home Depot instead.

#1462061
@Anonymous

And you think Home Depots credit company is going to give you a lower rate?

Oh dear Lord Satan! the world is ending!

You understand that Private label credit card (store cards) are not really own by the retailers right? these cards are owned by a investment firms which own the accounts as part of their financial portfolios.

Lowering your interest has nothing to do with you being 52-years old. Over paying (who actually does that???) or being a loyal guest does not entitle you to get your demands like a 5-year old who wants some ice cream or else she'll scream from the top of her lungs.

Dear God, the entitlement issues of White America are outrageous....

@Perrey

Why make the racist comment? The racist comment is whats outrageous. Sad

Yet another person that doesn't understand how credit cards work. If you look at your account you will find you don't send your payments to Lowes.

You send it to a bank or credit company. Lowes doesn't offer credit. You are using a credit card that is only good at Lowes and has their name on the card but your account is with another company. Lowes has nothing to do with your interest rate.

If you didn't like the interest rate you should have never applied for the card.

Store cards are usually at a much higher rate than you can get a Visa or Master Card for. Only use a store card for their no interest promos and pay it off when due.

View more comments (6)
Review
#562056 Review #562056 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Lady in customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Fan Review from Stockton, California

Payed for a fan 11/11/14 to be in in 1 week the manager was helping me and said we will call you !!!no call so I call the store they tell me there was 3 sold and no more in store!!item to be discontinued!!front desk said she would check on it had me on hold 33 min, so I hung up and called back asked to speak to a manager had to wait at least another 25 min.dave gets on Only to be told he's not sure what's going on but the trucks on the way and my item might be on it!!!Told him what the front desk told me that there was 3 sold and he said they don't no what there talking about so why do I have to call and check on something I already paid for?? And not get no answers this is bull what kind of store employes do you hire that don't no nothing when they have a computer !!!

Your grasp, or lack of grasp I should say, of the English language is frighteningly awful.

" don't no nothing "

aka

" doesn't know anything "

"And not get no answer "

aka " Still have gotten no answer " Please try harder!!!

Lowes - Wallpaper Review from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Today I need to go to lowes get some wallpaper but I don't know what to use to put the walls paper the work that work at that department she was so mean so we ask other people so they said I don't know about that department u have to ask some one so we did and they said at the mean lady but she doesn't want to answer us

They have horrible customer service and I will not buy anything else from them..... I am still waiting on my delivery that was supposed to be here 2hrs ago...never ever again...

The delivery guy not answering the phone... This is absolutely the worst experience ever...This is so ridiculous..

Poor customer service

Lowes Store #2612 Hicksville, NY just lost Lowes a value customer!

This is the worst big box store I've been to. It's only 2 miles away from home yet I'd rather drive 4 miles over to HomeDepot, or a Lowes 5 miles away (if I must) and have shunned this particular store #2612 like a plague. Each time has been unpleasant with an employee speaking down to me like I'm a tresspasser! Even the supposed greeter by the door looks right through you! Only today I was perusing the doors on the furthest back wall looking for a storm door, and the shelving and yes more doors continued around a corner. A shrill of a voice from a lady, "May i help you?!!! You're not supposed to be back here!!" "But there's no sign saying I can't be here! (to which she grunted) I'm looking for a storm door, and there seem to be some here." There were no barricades, and certainly no signs! She didn't even know where the main storm doors section was, "Ask the guy by the desk!" I found them myself. I figured I'd let my wallet do the talking from here on for good and drove to the nearest HomeDepot and loaded 2 storm doors. Bitter folks in that store for some reason. After previous unpleasantries I frequent HomeDepot instead...today was the last straw. - shopper who's self-renovating a home who cares not to spend his hard earned money at Lowes anymore, not a dime!

SO TRUE