Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

LOWES CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE

It's apparent Lowes' buyers choose attractive products. That is the bait that kept my patronage, and it works as long as there are no problems. But when there are problems, Lowes has the worst ever customer service. This is not limited to one incident -- every time I have to deal with Lowes customer service, it's a bad experience. When I bought a refrigerator, the delivery man cut the grounding prong off the plug. When he came to resolve the problem, he left a deep scratch on the stainless steel door (which was never resolved). When I ordered a garden statue, it arrived broken due to inadequate packaging . I attempted to order a garden shed, but Lowes' staff were inconsistent when presenting specifications, so I took my business elsewhere. After a natural disaster in my area, I ordered a water heater and installation, but at the last minute Lowes did not follow through in this emergency situation. Then when they closed the Lowes in my town, that morning some of their employees were in front of the store, blindsided, because they weren't even told! This tells something about the company's ethic. My advice to anyone shopping at Lowes, only buy it if you can see it and take it with you. Do not order anything sight unseen, do not depend on their services, and do not order off the website. They are not dependable and not customer focused.

they are no good with customers or sub contracters. they dont care

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Burton, Michigan: Didn't repair my washing machine.

2.3
I totally agree, I bought a whirlpool washing machine on 9/17/2014. Took me 3 weeks to get it, then it quit working 1 week after I got it. Called Lowe's, scheduled a repair for that Saturday. said they would be out between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. I waited all day no one showed up. Called Lowe's that evening and their response was inconvenient isn't it. They scheduled another repair with another company said they would be out that Thursday. That company called me a day later and said they couldn't do it for another two weeks. Lowe's said well, they have their own schedule, nothing we can do about it. The repair service came out today put a little plug in the socket said hears your problem, your outlet is bad and that is what ruined your washing machine. Nothing we can do for you till you get your outlet fixed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my electrical outlets!! They sell *** appliances and don't want to repair them if something goes wrong!! I've learned my lesson!! Will never do business with Lowe's again!!!!

LOWES USES THIS BANK FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch? Look for the "Green Snakes" GE Capital Retail Pay Pal.

They even had the nerve to use the United States Post Office to defraud consumers! This goes to show you just how GREEDY & EVIL they really are. The review listed below have actual documents for people to look at.

Please go to these pisssedconsumer reviews:All of these reviews posted have actual documents that have been uploaded to show people just how EVIL they truly are #520251 #488834 #483913 #483025 #481983 #483913 #479336 & #478478 #522235 #489486 #572301

This bank handles CREDIT cards for hundreds of stores & the stores are just as guilty as the "EVIL CORPORATIONS" they use to manage there credit cards.

If you have a credit card with a store that uses this bank you need to look & see if you have been charged illegally. These are some of the companies that pay these "CROOKS" Lowes, Wal-Mart, Sears you can find out more by going to the Rip-Off Report with the "Rebuttal" from an employee, Number 1140625 this gives a list of some of the stores that have this bank for credit cards. There is also a clip on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch? or just look for the "Green Snakes" there are three of them

You can file a complaint with The Department of Justice, The Department of Financial Institutions or as I like to say The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau (The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) The Comp Controller of Currency & The Federal Trade Commission, What ever you do DO NOT file with the BBB they are paid good money to keep those "A's" for the companies that pay them.

Did you know that Pay Pal, GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank which all start with the letter "G" the new name is Synchrony Bank now are trying to get "Class Action Lawsuits” BANNED!

Why are you complaining about Lowes and not about Whirlpool? Whirlpool made the washer and provides the warranty service.

Loves is just the middle man. As far as your outlets go, I would expect you may have a grounding problem you need to have looked at.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Damaged or defective

Lowes does not even match the price within

Large number of items (hose for water heater) was clearly displayed and advertised for a given price ($8,xx). During the check out the cashier informed that the price was $24,xx, and even though I stated that the price on display was different, then the aforementioned cashier simply indicated that he would only take price scanned and that otherwise I would have to go to the aisle and then take a pic of the item and price displayed which really was obnoxious (I am engineer and I certainly do not work for Lowes as one of their minimum wage employees). Then he called the plumbing department and they called him back reinforcing the idea that they went to the aisle and checked the price as being $24,xx. Already disgusted with the whole situation and waste of time, I went with the cashier to aisle and pointed out to him that the price was clearly $8,xx on display; and another devious, dis-considerate, obtuse tactic he simply stated that price was obviously mistakenly placed there (I can not recount how many times I found item in other stores [ especially at Menards for a fraction of the price seen at Lowes ]. At the very end, having been wrong not only once but twice (on occasion of marking the price, and then during their own price check), they still refused to match their own price as advertised by themselves. It seems that they really lack even the most basic sense of decency in the context of their price policy. I wish there was a Homedepot nearby; and since I spent over $1000 dollars per month in home improvement material, the idea of spending another dime at this Lowes is really disgusting and distraught to say the least.
Hasini

Is there any reason for them to not think you moved the price tag yourself? People try to rip them off everyday and don't know you at all.

pdwald
@Hasini

Clearly, an obnoxious non-sense question and comment...

Tags
  • Water Heater Hose Kit

Resolved: Lowes review in Brick Township, New Jersey: Bath install a mess

1.7

Update by user Nov 23, 2014

took 5+ weeks but problem resolved

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2014

7 thousand dollar bath installation a total mess…it’s been since oct 9th and my bathroom is still not finished a toilet sits in my living room along with footprints caused by the installers.... I overheard the installer say “don’t worry just buff it up she’ll never notice” …but I did notice that the installers had scratched up a shower wall plate to make the chrome appear to be brushed nickel and tried to defraud me… broken and cracked wall tiles…uneven and crooked wall tiles…no bull nose tile used to finish top row…floor tiles so uneven you could cut your foot and wall tile so cracked I did cut my finger… wall not fixed before molding installed to cover it up…over toilet tower was affixed to the wall before the molding was installed AROUND it!!!! and before floor tile was even grouted? The installers couldn't figure out how to install the toilet so we got a second toilet which needed to have extra plumbing done so I had to get a third toilet and install it MYSELF!… towel bars anchors installed overlapping and the wrong diverter was used for the tub so the entire wall must come down…also the drain is now chrome and not brushed nickel because they removed my tub before noticing the tub drain mechanism was not there which meant a two week wait until the correct drain could be ordered or I had to settle for the wrong finish to being the job… total mess and the store manager wants me to allow the same installers to correct the job after they already defrauded me! I’ve had to contact a lawyer because after 20 trips to Lowes and 4 calls and 2 emails I have yet to receive a solution from anyone who can get the job done?…the store manager finally called yesterday after 6 weeks and said there’s nothing they can do because the store is under contract with the installer…but I don't want that installer back in my house after the job he did and part he tried to pass off as new by defacing my old one…everyone is trying to pass the buck and as it stands at this moment (6 weeks after the job began) I have NO IDEA who is in charge of ANYTHING

I WAS CONSIDERING THEM BUT OVERPRICED AND BAD INTEREST RATES I TELL EVERYONE

Resolved

Lowes review: LOWE's--Fraud and misrepresentation by LOWE's Enterprise, AL

3.0
On April 1, 2014, I contacted LOWE'S Store #0281, 1301 Boll Weevil Circle, Enterprise, AL 36330 and they sent Kenneth Burnette, Employee 1300044, to my homesite to sell me doors and windows. I had some catalogues which Lowe's had provided and I chose, among other things, a Reliabilt entry door named "The Hampton", (which has two sidelights, 3/4 oval glass, and an elliptical transom). The order totaled $12,750, which I paid in full that evening. I expressed to Kenneth Burnette, several times that evening, that I wanted the door to be exactly as pictured on both pages 9, and 18 of Reliabilt's Steel and Fiberglass Entry Door Catalogue, with the EXCEPTION that I didn't want the wider, brown colored outside trim cut off at about knee height, as in the picture . Each time that I reiterated my desire that the wood colored trim be extended to the floor level, Kenneth Burnette agreed, and stated that he'd make sure my wishes were followed. Well ... he misled me! As soon as he got my money, he disappeared and would have no further contact with me. When the order came, there were many, many things wrong with the windows. Many had to be re-ordered. The entry door was to be “WINEBERRY” in color with a band of brown trim surrounding the Wineberry trim, as in the picture. Instead, the inside had been painted white, rather than Wineberry, so it had to be sent back. As it turns out, Lowe's now claims that they don't even offer the pictured trim and they even told me I'm on my own to try to find something for myself. I paid for the door as pictured!!! Angelia Gillis, Market Director for Lowe's, stated that the interior trim wasn't included with the door ... and furthermore claims that the exterior trim is stucco (that's untrue) and that Lowe's considers the matter closed. On October 8, 2014, Angelia Gillis, Market Director, Panama City Beach, FL sent me a letter asking me to sign a RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS absolving Lowe's from all responsibility in resolving this situation. That’s absurd!!! I paid for the door as pictured and Lowe’s doesn’t want to fulfill the order, so they can either make the door as ordered and paid for, or refund the entire amount of money ... or I’ll have to take appropriate action. I've had several LOWE's EMPLOYEES suggest that I hire an attorney and go after Lowe's for fraud and misrepresentation. (One recently said, in the presence of another who was privy to the entire situation, "You didn't hear this from me, but you need to hire an attorney and go forward.") Lowe’s has been stalling for 7 months, while I’ve placed dozens of phone calls to Robert Parker, the Lowe's Store Manager in Enterprise; made multiple trips to LOWE'S Enterprise; and he still refuses to make things right. He's now been instructed by Lowe's Corporate to drop the matter. Is this how LOWE's operates? Using fraud and deception to bilk innocent people out of their money? If I'm not mistaken, this is against the law and it's often called, "Bait and switch." (Present something and then deliver another.) Sometimes criminal charges have been pursued, charging those involved with "THEFT BY DECEPTION". I've been very patient (for more than a half year) and now Angelia Gillis asked me to sign a release of liability absolving LOWE's of their actions. I think NOT!!! I have many friends who work for Lowe's. They're fine people! But when you become close friends, they'll tell you "horror stories" of the "goings on" behind the scenes. One recently told me that when their family goes on an outing, and someone asked where they work, they hesitate to tell them because it seems that everyone has a “horror story” either of their own, a friend’s, or relative’s dealings with LOWE’s. This person said, “It’s embarrassing to have someone tell you publicly, when you're at a picnic or park with your family, about their terrible experience with LOWE’s. (That shouldn’t be. I’ve been a LOWE’s customer or many years and have met some wonderful friends while they worked there.) I bought about $30,000 of Kraftmaid Kitchen Cabinets from Lowe's Store #2884, on the Montgomery Highway (US231) in Dothan. The order was placed and PAID FOR on March 31, 2014. The initial sales lady (Betty Mercier) had no idea what she was doing. She kept blaming her incompetence on her computer. (***She ended up ordering 109" of cabinets to be installed on one wall that was precisely 100" long.***) Six Cabinets had to be reordered and I had to redesign my kitchen, adding 3” to a wall, to help correct her mistake. Bett is incompetent in cabinet design, attempting kitchen design (without direct supervision). That’s inexcusable. To be fair, I must say that the store manager did the right thing, and reassigned my job to an extremely capable lady (Kalli Crozier). I've heard from several independent sources that mine is not the only case of Bett's disasters being handed off to Kalli for resurrection. Lowe's has dragged their feet completing my job. Today is November 17, and Lowe's is still not completed with the installation (7 1/2 months later). Lowe's hired a sub-contractor named Ken Banks, K&E Installations, Chipley, FL who drilled all the holes for the knobs and door pulls, by just guessing where they should be (missing the mark on many of them thereby installing them crooked and not in alignment). He was supposed to use a template to assure that all would be done the same, but claimed someone else had his template. Ken Banks made the opening for the refrigerator slanted so there's a 7/16" gap on the upper right corner. His solution was to drive a thick wooden wedge beneath the left from leg of my NEW Kitchenaid refrigerator/freezer ... thereby bending the refrigerator housing, in order to fit his crooked opening. Of course, that caused the doors to be completely out of alignment. Ken stated that someone could later realign the doors. Ken has refused to return and fix his mess!!! The Install Sales Manager at LOWE'S #2884, (Bill), has been very diligent, placing many, many phone calls to KEN, sent his multiple faxes, and texts, but receives no response. Apparently, Ken cares only about getting the initial install money, rushes the job, does SOME things *** and doesn't want to return to remedy his mistakes. So ... Lowe's is finally hiring another contractor to remedy his mess. (At least the North Dothan Lowe's store, (managed by Shane Showalter), is attempting to remedy their mess ... which is more than I can say about the Enterprise store (managed by Robert Parker). Robert Parker has been totally disinterested from the beginning. It appears that his attitude is, "We've got your money ... now you're on your own." Shame on Lowe's for hiring someone like that!!! I've been spending from anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 per month with LOWE's. I very much like many of LOWE's employees. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the entire barrel. LOWE's can either fire those who are involved in deception, fraud, and other misconduct ... and protect their customers ... or they'll end up going the way of many other large corporations who saw no need to treat the customers with dignity and honesty. As for me ... it's a fairly clear call ... treat me right ... or I'll be forced to get a remedy through other means … and I’ll have to take my business elsewhere. Besides that ... does it make economic sense to spit in the face of their customers ... when it's those very customers who made LOWE's what they are today? Spit in the face of a loyal customer over a few hundred dollar door trim issue, and loose his many years of loyalty??? I guess LOWE'S senior management will have to make that call.

UNBELIEVABLE HOW MANT BAD REPORTS NEED TO SPED THE NEWS

Can you provide me with the Phone numbers and personal address of Mr. Bob Parker, manager at LOWES Enterprise Al store also for Mr.

Kenneth Burnette.

Having same problem with both in trying to get help with their Breach of Contract. Need their information to file Complaint with Small Claims Court but Lowes is very goo at keeping this information hid.

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Incomplete Installation

Lowes Installer B&G runs their show. All lies. Installing of wood floors and carpeting

Bought and Paid for Carpet and Wood Floors for 5 rooms $4,000.00 on 11/2/14 Picked up wood floors so they could sit 72 hours for installation. Finding out he was coming on 15th then he gets to house sees its not prego tells me its defective an hour later need to go to store and fight for wood flooring for same price. Now we are on 16th only 1 room done. Says he will be back in on Mon to finish My carpet guys were suppose to be here monday he cancelled them until tomorrow. So I still have no flooring done and no one is in my house now working its almost 11 a.m. on Monday. I called corporate office they do not care. I will never use Lowes for Anything again. They are terrible.

Service
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Customer service or solution
  • Very poor

Lowes - Precutting Review from Houston, Texas

2.7
I asked for a price on a precut stud. Lowes employee didn't know what this was she was nasty and short with me Didn't want to b bothered with Me and let me know Hire better and please have consequences for terrible employee phone answered on weekends date 11/15/14 340pm lake Charles la store

You probably didn't ask someone working in the lumber area. If you go to the meat counter at the grocery store they probably won't know the price on an asian pear either. Everyone in a retail store is not an expert on everything sold in the store.

They are not called "pre cut" studs. Use the right term and maybe they will understand.

The overall lack of grammar in this sentence is astounding. How will people take you seriously, if this is the image you choose to project.

I pray you do not talk the way you type, or I wouldn't of wanted anything to do with you either. I hope your sake, this was just a slip.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Driver Assistant Review from Appleton, Wisconsin

Update by user Dec 08, 2014

I just wanted to correct the location of this event.

This all happened at he MANITOWOC, WI store, NOT Appleton.

Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2014

I was hired at the Manitowoc Lowes #2206, as a driver a little over three months ago. I had on my application (and even mentioned to the hr person) that I'm Diabetic. Even though I was doing a NON-CDL required driving job, Lowes Corporate requires ALL drivers to need to same certification. So I needed a Fed-Med card to drive, as well as a "Federal Exemption from the Diabetic Standard" from Washington D.C. Corporate didn't want to wait for the exemption and dropped my pay by $3 / hr and also switched me from Full-Time to Part-Time status. Even though THREE other drivers requested I be put on as full-time driver assistant, it wasn't considered. They put me as a sales associate and posted two driver assistant jobs on JobCenter. In two days I start FULL-TIME at a totally different company and just sent in my notice today. If they weren't going to care about me, I wasn't going to care about them.

Sounds like Lowe's did everything right. The policy is the policy.

And store 2206 is Manitowoc but yet it is listed for Appleton. Looks like you messed that up too.

@jr

You sound like a loyal lowes lackie. Just wait until you fall into the same boat and see how loyal you are then.

I worked at the Appleton branch but went to Menards instead. Better company, a more respected company and managent/corporate work more to keep employees than line their own pockets.

Does lowes STILL only give their delivery drivers just two days off a year?

Thanksgiving and Christmas? Just what I'd want to see is a company delivery truck on New Years Day with a recently "celebrated" driver at the wheel.

@JOHN DOE

Sounds like you drank the Nards Kool-aid and think they are the best, wrong sucker. Policy is policy, you will find that out at Nards too, the hard way.

They treat people like ***. You think Lowes is raking in money, look at john menard, he thinks you should pay him to work at his place.

I have no idea what Lowes does to drivers, or do I care. Sounds like a *** boy to me, just like how you sound, *** boy!

@jr

jr - "I have no idea what Lowes does to drivers, or do I care."

Why the *** are you even commenting. You have NO IDEA how they treat the drivers?

Then keep your big mouth shut !!!

I'll bet you were *** enough to vote for Hillary AND Obama... BOTH TIMES !!!

Aila

As a follow up, when I arrived home after the first Friday on my new job, my Federal Exemption arrived in the mail.

The store is STILL looking for another driver as well as driver assistants.

If they paid their drivers what they're worth, they wouldn't have such a hard time filling the positions.

@Aila

hey sucka

still having problems with lowes in Appleton I sure hope so - you sounded like a *** driver that would hit things and then say its not your fault

@Aila

Hey Anonymous, obviously you can't read...

Sven54245 never made it to the driving position because of them yanking him around.

Go back to sitting at the bar and kill a few more of the VERY few brain cells you have left !!

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes review in Akron, Ohio: Price change scam.

Saw a dewalt saw with New Lower Price of $119.00. Went back a few days later to buy it and the price was raised to $139.00. Called manager and got a BS story about the price of gas. He is full of it. They simply don't care to keep customers. The saw is $119.00 on Amazon, however, I can not get my military discount of 10% there. I am done shopping at Lowes. They do not know how to treat paying customers. I will buy my home improvment items elsewhere, like at Home Depot or some other Home improvement store. Time to place my order on Amazon. Goodbye Lowes !

MILITARY SHOULD ALWAYS BE GIVEN HELP

So just to make sure i understand.

You saw a product that you liked, chose not to buy it at that time.

Didn't bother to ask when the sale ended.

And just to clarify, those sales aren't normally set by Lowe's. They are set by the manufacturer who in that time allowed us to sell them at a lower rate. Everyone seems to think, that once it is in Lowe's it is property of Lowe's.

This logic is incorrect.

You came back later after the sale had ended, and proceeded to complain that you didn't receive the best pricing.

Forgive me but I'm confused. Why did you not buy the product right away. Seems to be the logical reasoning.

I am sorry that the manager fed you some B.S. story, he should not of done that. What he should of done, with break this down step by step, so maybe you could learn a smiggin of common sense. If you are so willing to write off an entire company, by having one bad experience.

You must have a very small list of stores, restaurants you frequent.

And i feel sorry for them all.

Preferred solution
Don't bother calling me. I will not shop in your stores anymore.

Lowes - Warranty Review from Sylacauga, Alabama

2.8
I have about 12 major appliances bought from Florence, Al Lowes over the last couple of years. Have had 2 refigerators and one freezer quit working. On fridge and tbe freezer covered by warranty. (slow fixing). The latest fridge to quit is 17 months old. Warranty gone and was told I needed to handle repair. LOWES SELLS JUNK APPLIANCES. I have learned my lesson.

I was looking for a replacement pump for garden pleasures kids playing fountain. they REFERRED ME TO A CLARKSVILLE TN store.

They had a small universal pump FOR $12.22 cents. I wrote down the item no. AND THE MODEL NO. BUT I DON'T SHOP IN TENNESSEE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH SALES TAX.

I SHOP AT THE HOPKINSVILLE KY STORE WHICH IS ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE. I GAVE THE ITEM NO. AND THE MODEL NO. OF THE PUMP.

THE SALES REP WENT TO LOOK FOR THE PUMP AND SAID THEY HAD ONE. I ASKED HIM WHAT WAS THE PRICE, HE SAID $18.98 CENTS. I TOLD HIM THAT THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE PRICE WAS $12,22 CENTS. HE SAID WHEN YOU COME INTO PICK IT UP TELL THE CLERK THAT IT IS A CHEAPER PRICE AT THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE AND THEY WILL CHECK IT.

AND MATCH THE PRICE, I SAID GREAT. HOUR LATER I GOT TO THINKING MAYBE I SHOULD GET A COPY OF THE CLARKSVIILE PRICE SO THEIR ARE NO HASSLES ABOUT MATCHING THE PRICE.

QUESS WHAT, WHEN I RANG UP THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE, THE PRICE WAS CHANGED TO M$18.98 CENTS, I WILL NEVER TELL BACKSTABBING LOWES THAT I CAN GET A ITEM FOR LESS. LESSON LEARNED.

LOWES USES THIS BANK FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS

Why aren't you complaining about the manufacturer of the appliance? Lowes sells the same brands of appliances you will buy anywhere else.

They all come with a 1 year warranty unless you buy a service plan. The manufacturer sets the warranty and handles warranty repairs. It seems odd that you choose to complain about the store you bought it from rather than the company that made it.

You are taking your frustrations out on the wrong party. Your complaint is about the quality of the product, not the store that sold it.

@Anonymous

lowes has it on warranty company they dispatch the repair I'm had 9 repairs in 4 years I have lost of words of four thousand dollars in food or there abouts had to buy coolers to live in for a couple of months on the first repair then it has been a fiasco ever since I do not recommend Lowes or the service and Frigidaire is the worst I've ever seen for refrigerators what used to be top of the line when my refrigerator is done with this warrantyI am going to look for a vintage refrigerator to no longer have a problem

@jrs