Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Poor Treatment of subcontractors, SHAME ON LOWES

We have sub for them for 15 years. They are not loyal to their constrictors, they will give you work and without notice take you off rotation so that you no longer receive work. Its feast or famine with them. They have no consideration that people have families and business obligations to pay for. When you call to inquire why no work is sent to you they offer nothing or 'don’t take it personally,' well I’m telling you it is personal when you have to keep income going. They want you to devote unconditional time to the chronic calls, emails phone calls for updates and questions. At the end of the day I'm lucky to be making a dollar a day. I also make a lot less than I did when I first came on board. They have taken my services and reduced them to a cheap one size sits all solution, so I get paid the same regardless if it is a specialized job or a standard one. Dont get me started on the sales dept. Either, they make no effort to get to know what they are selling instead placing all the responsibiliity on the installer to sell the job. I have made the decision to let them go after 15 years and end the cycle of feast or famine.

Did you ever stop to think that they don't have the jobs to give you. You don't say what kind of contractor you are but I'll use a contractor that might install kitchens as an example.

Kitchen sales are best from January to May. Summer comes along and people are more concerned about outdoor projects. Kitchens will pick up again September to early November.

No one wants their kitchens torn up between Thanksgiving and Christmas so sales stall again. It's feast or famine for the people selling kitchens as well.

Tags
  • Lowes Subcontractors

Lowes in Calgary, Alberta - USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE - CLERKS IN DEPARTMENT LEAF BLOWERS DID NOT KNOW CORRECTING PRICING

I WENT TO PURCHASE A LEAF BLOWER. THE ONE I WANTED WAS OUT OF STOCK. THE CLERKS INSISTED IT WAS 15% off. When I called the other store they said no. ARE LOWES NOT ALL THE SAME? THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT ERROR IF THERE ARE SIGNS ALL OVER THE STORE. THEY WERE RUDE AND THEY WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR BAD DAY. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST UNPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD WITH LOWES, THEIR ORDERING AND PRICING. THEY COMMENTED THERE WERE 12 LEAF BLOWERS ARRIVING ON THE NEXT TRUCK AND IN THE NEXT BREATH SWAID THEY WERE NOT ORDERED. HOW CAN YOU MAKE AN ERROR THAT SIGNIFICANT. I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH LOWES AND WILL BE SHOPPING THE COMPETITIORS ACROSS THE STREET.
Review
Cons
  • Attitude or customer service
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes in Goldsboro, North Carolina - Lack of loading assistance for customer with broken wrist in a cast

Long term Lowe's customer. I have a broken left wrist in a cast. Today I shopped at the Lowe's in Raleigh at 4831 Grove Barton Road.I needed a specific sized microwave today for entertaining this afternoon. An associated named Dwight was very helpful, he measured the microwave to confirm the dimensions. and loaded it into my cart. After making my purchase I asked for loading assistance as I can't lift with my left arm. I was told no loaders were working today, Sunday October 26. I had to rely on the kindness of others and find someone in the parking lot to load the box in my car. I called the 800 customer service number and the operator brought the store manager, Michelle on the line. She told me as I had already left the store there was nothing she could do. Her overall tone expressed her lack of interest in my problem. End result, after years as a customer doing major renovations I am voting with my feet and will NOT return to a Lowe's.

What did you expect them to do once you got home? If it were such a problem why didn't you ask to talk to the store manager while you were there?

If you had, I expect she may have loaded it for you. To make your shopping trips quicker in the future, take who ever is going to unload your car when you get home to the store with you so they can help you load your car as well.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Management lack of concern

Lowes in Stockton, California - Lazy or unsure of their work

Walked into Lowe's and asked an employee to show me where to have automotive keys duplicated, he pointed to isle 15 and said he would call someone for me. I got to the isle and the other employee was waiting as i got there. I asked can you duplicate my key for me, it's a transponder key. I have my own transponder key as well.. Lowes employee : We don't carry transponder keys here. Me : I have my own I just need you to make a copy of it. Lowes employee : sorry sir we don't carry those key.. Me : No I have my own, I just need you to duplicate my key. Lowes employee : That's a dealer key sir we don't have them.. Me : All I need is for you to do is duplicate this key to this key. Lowes employee : standing and still holding both my key's says, we can't do that cause we don't want to be responsible for ruining your key.. Me : Look I paid $12 dollars for this key, if you ruin it i will not care, I just want you to copy my key please.. Lowes employee : NO..... I left and walked into home depot, I asked an employee what isle do they duplicate automotive keys, he says I'll take you there.. I asked the Home Depot employee "can you duplicate my transponder key, I have my own.. Home Depot employee : Sure!! 5 minuets later I was walking out with my fresh cut transponder key.. Got home and programmed it and TA DAAAA... works perfect.. Thank you Lowes for hiring lazy people who cant seem to do the job they were hired to do..

Their policy is there for a reason. Sure, you say you don't care if they ruin your $12 key...

You'll have that attitude as long as it doesn't get ruined.

If it got cut wrong you'd be crying to talk to the store manager and demand reimbursement for your key. You should have had whoever you bought the key cut it, unless you bought it on the internet to save the cost of buying it at a local store who has to figure in the cost of the occasional miscut key as well as the labor costs of an employee cutting that key for you.

I understand that the situation you were presented with is frustrating.

What I can tell you is, it is Lowe' Policy not to cut "coded" or "electric/programmed" keys. You have to understand that rules are the way they are because someone, at some point in time had it done, f'd it up ans sued us for the liability.

So just because you are intelligent enough to follow to process the right way, and not seize your car with a faulty key. Not everyone is.

I have worked for HD and Lowe' s and to be honest that is the policy in both places. What I am assuming is you got an employee who figured it would all work out, which thankfully it did.

The so quoted laziness does not really fall on the employee of Lowe's, because in fact they were not being lazy. That associate was following the rules.

What you might be unaware of, is the Key making area is a very high theft area, and it under constant surveillance.

I have personally witness employes being caught on tape making keys they are not suppose to.

May not be what you want to hear, but its the truth.

Are you even old enough to drive, they said no, it is not lack of knowledge or laziness it is they cannot do it.

View more comments (2)
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Richardson, Texas - Maybe not the carpets fault....

here is what may be your problem: the carpet under your furniture has not been touched for two years...the rest of the house has been vacuumed 104 times...you have had the same space cleaned twice, all of the above put wear and tear on the carpet...while the protected areas remain basically new.....ITS THE CHANGE OF THE TEXTURE IN THE CARPET that gives it a "faded look" due to the cleaning and daily use process..... look down the hallway and you will notice the wear even more than the rest of the house.... I am not a spoksman for Lowes, but I did install carpet for them for 18 yrs.(retired)...We all will have that same problem when we have to keep a bed or dresser etc. in the same place for a long period of time....I do hope you will enjoy your new home.....tom

Lowes in Sandusky, Ohio - Broken dryer

the dryer is 3years old. my wife called lowes to get it fixed under the warrenty she purchased. after waiting a week,a repairman came. he didn't even know how to take the dryer apart,he had to call someone on the phone to ask how to do it. finally he found the trouble. he ordered the parts before he left. it has been 10 days since he was here and the parts haven't come in yet. I have been a customer for years,i even just bought 12000.oo dollars worth of kitchen cabinets from lowes but if this is how things are run you have lost all my business.

So you have a 3 year old dryer and you expect them to have every part on hand? It doesn't work that way.

They order the parts from the manufacturer or parts supply house. Guess what? Sometimes they are out of stock and get backordered. Yes, it's inconvenient but it is also reality.

Wouldn't have been much different if you had bought the dryer at Home Depot. If they didn't have the part, you'd be crying about them as well.

Review

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care

2.3
Lowes - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care
cust id 1963692 10/24/2014 Today my wife and I went to Lowe's to get some tools and look at tool chests. Standing in the store we check online and see this deal on a Kobalt chest, item #351117 and see they have one remaining in stock. We checked the aisle but didn't see it, or even a spot for it. We went back and looked at the demo models and saw the chest. $469, with the item number shown (took photo of tag, included here), and a new item number shown below that (Item #538545). The guy helping us is baffled but assures us that weird as this is, we obviously should get the demo. He gets the assistant manager. The assistant manager says that product is now Item #538545. We point out that online shows one 351117 available and that the product is identical (see comparison). He states that their inventory must be off. I ask him what if I purchase it online, right there. He says it won't work but try. I get to the shopping cart before he stops me and said it doesn't matter, they would just refund my money and tell me they didn't have the product. We argue back and forth, he looks locally for the 351117 chest and nobody has one. Note that the original online sale was shown to go thru 11/22/2014. He offers 25% off the $469 price. We decline and leave. I called Lowes corporate in the parking lot. Helped by a friendly guy (customer id 1963692) who listens, then starts looking for the 351117 chest. Note that my time with him ends up at 90 minutes, 9 seconds. We drive home while I'm on hold. The service rep pops back on now and then and he's clearly confused by this too. Big sale, the item is nowhere. He asks me for my store location, then reads the sale price for the item off to me. $258.99. He comments on that being a great price, keeps looking. More holding, he's trying this, trying that, commiserating with me, has repeated the sale, the price etc. Finally he says he found one! In Claremore. That's a couple hours away so he says he'll see if he can get it shipped to my house, can I hold? This is a long hold. 20-25 minutes. He comes back. His tone is change, no humor, very dry. Claremore has one, but not at the price I mentioned. He asked me what that price was again. Says he can't find it online. Am I sure it's the right item? I'm dumbfounded. I point out to him that we talked about these things, he read the price to me - and now he's acting like this didn't happen. I look online during this chat and Lowe's has changed the item price to $399.00. No sale. The $469, same item different item number, is online as well. No sign of the sale that started this. The customer rep simple says "Is there anything else I can help you with?" No, I guess not. So here's my complaints: 1. Lowe's online posted up a nice sale on a toolbox that simply was not available. Anywhere. On October 24 for an item sale lasting through 11/22/2014. 2. Lowe's took an item, changed the item number, and bumped the price up $100 and refused to honor the sale price of the item simply because they changed the item number. 3. Lowe's literally changed the website information during my 90 minute customer service call, then denied that the sales information, which I'm posting here, even existed. I can't imagine this is legal, but I don't think there's really any customer protection in America any more. All I can do is vote with my wallet and share this experience publicly. There aren't so many hardware store options any more but I know how to buy online from Amazon. I won't purchase from Lowe's again.
Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver Item #538547 (formerly Item #351117), in good condition, to my home for $268.99

Lowes in Gainesville, Florida - Can't find anyone that will help you!

I went into the Lima, Ohio location today and could not find a living soul to help me out. I asked Customer Service if they carried "bender board?" Which she replied that she did not know what it was, but to check with lumber. I asked the gentleman in lumber if he knew what "bender board" was and he replied that he had never heard of it but to check with the project desk. I waited at the project desk for 20 min while the girl working the desk remained on the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that a customer was there. I left the store furious and went to Menards instead. I will never return to this location again!

Not every one knows what benderboard is. Perhaps you could have helped the situation by explaining that it's a board used for forming concrete.

They may well carry a product that would fit your needs but under a different name.

Chances are that most people at Menards don't know what benderboard is either. You would have saved yourself a lot of time if you had just explained what you were looking for.

Review
Cons
  • Customer service

Lowes - Installation Review from Atlanta, Georgia

3.0
My wife and i have spent several thousand dollars with lowes in the last few months. Our first purchase was a $2500 refrigerator. It was damaged being unloaded . The second was a $500 storm door which was installed improperly. When someone finally came to fix it a month later he was rude as *** to my wife and repaired the paint (which was scraped off because of the improper installation) with a bottle of freaking white out. The third purchase was a washer and dryer set ( $1200 ). The first dryer was defected and the second was (wait for it)damaged being unloaded. Im completely over Lowes. I purchase from them because they are local and I try to keep my money where i live. Customer service is a dying art. I will pay more money for good customer service and a good experience. Lowes doesnt fit that bill.
Lowes Installation
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Hanover, Pennsylvania - *** Job On Doors and Storm Door Order

This is the second incident with our local Lowes in PA. This time it concerned two inside doors and two storm doors. It took close to five weeks for delivery because they were a special order. When the doors arrived at Lowes we had to delay installation for two weeks because of a sewer pipe out front. When the new date arrived for the doors to be installed, the installers found the dimensions to be all wrong, in both height and width. At first I thought it was the sales person, then the door manufacturer. How can dimensions be that far off? The doors are costing over $4,000 and yet no one could had checked the measurements of the doors in the two week prior to our install date while they sat in the warehouse? No one from Lowes has called us with an explanation. The only person that apologized was the installer? Not sure who is the culprit here, but we are about done with Lowes for good.

At the end of this deal... no one from either Lowes or the Door Installers did a follow-up call.

The door installers did a great job except for a molding stripe they cut off to much, then replaced it with molding that did not even come close to the original shape and took take one guy two days to cut a five or six inch molding strip. was this a new guy?

After this... neither Lowes or the business that installed the doors will be ever used again for home installation at our house.

This is the second time we were to have our doors installed, four weeks later than agreed on, and no one has shown up at our 9:00 am appointment. No phone call, no nothing.

We will never pay through a credit card again, nor will we pay in full. Lowes never called to apologized either.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Wrong products
  • Lack of response
  • Time frame
Problem with delivery