Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Loveland, Colorado - KOBALT products are worthless and don't last much past the cheap 30 day warranty.

1.8
Bought a $400 electric KOBALT mower and it broke just a few days after the their cheap 30 day warranty. 30 days, really? They burned us on this one but I will take the rest of my home renovation and large item purchases to their competitors. If you products aren't worth lasting more than 30 days then quit ripping the consumer off. If you have to buy...pay more and more to get an extended warranty then again you are just ripping the consumer off. DON'T BUY YOUR BIGGER ITEMS LIKE WASHERS, DRYERS, REFRIG'S AND MOWERS FROM LOWES. IT'S A RIP OFF AND I CAN PROMISE YOU...YOU WILL BE PISSED.

This no hassle warranty is a lie. I took my 19 inch Kobalt mower back to the store after being told to do so by the kobalt customer rep after describing my (known, un recalled) issue and they fed me the line of this "hassle free" warranty.

Got to the store, the manager came out and said all mowers are 30 days "unused" or its store discretion to take them back. He said they dont take these back and literally opened the sliding door and pointed to it! Dumbfounded, and with my "extended warranty" and paperwork in hand I walked out of the store and put my $400 mower into the trash can along with the warranty paperwork.

Both werent worth the materials they were made of. NEVER AGAIN LOWES BUH BYE YOU WONT FOOL ME AGAIN

Kobalt mowers have a 5 year no hassle warranty. Just take it back to Lowe's and they will refund your money.

On another note, the 19" mower does have a problem where the springs supporting the battery are too large (read - not springy enough) and cause the battery to become disengaged as the mower is used.

Lowe's has not commented on this issue or issued a recall. Not sure what's up with that?

You'd be making the same complaint if the mower had a 2 year warranty and broke after 25 months. You know or can find out what the warranty is before you make the purchase.

It's easy to read reviews on-line to see what experience others have had with the product. If you don't like what you see, don't buy it.

Don't know that I would buy a product with a 30 day guarantee. My guess is the warranty is actually longer and you need to have it serviced after 30 days rather than just exchanging it.

View more comments (2)
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Delaware - Lowe's is a terrible Company

3.0
The new PSA and PSI program is geared to hire attractive, white, young males and young females to coerce simple minded customers into signing over their check book to Lowe's. They basically hire eye candy, or their farm house version of it. The programs are outsides sales using project so-called specialists for whole house jobs. To seal the deal home centers like Lowes hire sexists, good old boys to management positions to move the company forward all the while moving it under with their racists and sexual wit. When is corporate America going to be more than just a bad hire day?

Sexist and racist? So, you of course know everyone at all Lowes locations to make these allegations, right? Shame on you for your ignorant lies.

Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Frisco, Texas - False appliance sale

Lowes - False appliance sale
So this one time I took someone advice and decided to buy my appliance from lowes big mistake. I ordered online, confirmation came that can pickup my order from store tomorrow. Drove 40 miles to pickup, they were like oh that was a mistake, that item is our floor model, we can't give it to you and we don't have one. "Do you want your money back" she said!!! So I lost $65.00 service call fee from the plumber no appliance. I called their lot line guy names Codie said ill get someone to call you. Then this guy name Dan Moree, called once 9:54pm and left a message. Called 5 times since then never replied my call. (This is at Frisco Texas store) spoke to other manager name Krystal or christen she also handed me around. Long story I should have stayed with Home Depot. Lowes you are a mistake and waist of time. Soon you will be the next Blockbuster. If you go on their web site still same order will go through the same way. They don't even care to fix it. I'll share my story with as many people as I can to save them from from loosing time and money.

You are a CUSTOMER. It is not your job to determine what the on hand quantity is at the store.

If it says your item is available for delivery or pick up.....it should be available!!!! Lowes sucks at customer services. "We screwed up?

Oh well. Too bad for you and all the inconvience we put you through......." that is local store motto at Lowes.

Common sense would have told you to call ahead before driving is far and you can call ask questions the website will tell you what the on hand quantity is.

View more comments (1)
Go to ***

Lowes - Paid $5000 dollar for exterior/interior doors

I have trying to get lowes to come and finish and fix my doors for over six years last October some people came out put one screw in my door and said they would be back,I'm highly pissed since they have my money and will not come fix my doors the right way,if I don't get a response soon I'm going to contact my attorney and get this problem resolved,my doors are falling apart,these are lifetime doors guaranteed,I need this issue fixed right away,I have done lots of business with lowes,but I'm done,I will never do business with this company again,$5000 dollars is a lot of money,iced my doors fixed
Poor remodeling

Lowes - Installation Review from Uhrichsville, Ohio

Plumber raising cost of installing a water softener. We had an estimate from plumber that Lowes uses. Should have been $347 for unit, install the unit advertised at &168, plus a few parts and installation kit. They came up with $810. We cancelled our order. We bought the same unit, (had installation kit IN with the softened unit) bought a few pieces of plastic pipe and a couple of elbows, our installer wanted a bunch of unnecessary pieces until his labor doubled. My husband installed whole unit with 2 extra pieces of plastic. It took him about an hour and a half.
Review

Lowes extended mower warranties are a waste of money

I purchased a Husqvarna mower in Oct 2013, it came with a three year warranty, I purchased Lowes 4 year extended warranty at $300.00. In June 0f 2014 with less than 7 hours on the mower, it died and would not turnover. I called Lowes for warranty service and had it picked up for repair. When I got it back the bill was handed to me, it stated bad gas. I was advised to use a fuel stabilizer. Wait a minute, it went to the shop because it would not turn over, how does it now become a bad gas issue, especially since it died when I was using the gas they claim is bad. Anyway the 2nd time I used it, it started to sputter, choke and backfire. I called Lowes again and I told them specifically I wanted someone who was factory certified to work on the mower. ( The first time the repair was not a factory approved facility, and according to Husqvarna warranty, repair at a facility not approved voids the warranty) Lowes could not get the mower to a repair shop for 6 weeks. I went to Lowes and spoke to the assistant manager, he offered to swap out the mower with a new one, I agreed, by this time 10 months have gone by since the purchase of the mower, he did not have to do this since the receipt clearly states returns accepted up to 30 days for mowers. Of course I lost the cost of the extended warranty. Lowes wanted me to purchase another extended warranty. I did not. But this time I had learned that buying an extended warranty at $300.00 for 4 more years is a real shame. First all Husqvarna mowers come with a three year parts and labor warranty. During the first 3 years of a Lowes warranty, if the unit needs repair, Husqvarna is still paying for the repairs, and all the extended warranty is doing is providing transportation to and from repair. It is not until the 4th year that Lowes actually picks up the cost of any repair. The warranty is designed for Lowes to make money, and considering how many people ( myself included ) that made the mistake of purchasing such a warranty they are making a lot pure Profit for doing nothing, but selling a piece of paper. Consider buying your own trailer, at Tractor supply cost a small trailer cost $455.00 its yours to keep, and you can use it for anything. Of course Lowes is not the only big box store that does this, Sears, Home depot they all do this . The problem is no one especially the register clerk even knows what they are selling, just that they are told to push extended warranty sales. And the biggest problem no one explains what the warranty really covers. The consumer gets screwed.
Poor customer service
Loss

Lowes in Wareham, Massachusetts - Special order comes in late.

I ordered a special rug and pad with the promise of 14 day delivery to the local store in Wareham Ma. I was also told that it usually takes less than the 14 days promised. 21 days later I final got the call it was at the local store. I went to the store to pick the rug and pad up and after 20 minutes an employee comes to the customer service desk stating it was not there and it must have been order for an install. I showed the service desk and the warehouse worker the receipt to prove it was not for an install so the warehouse worker went out back again. This time after another 15 minutes a call comes to the service desk that the manager is now working on it. Another 15 minutes and the call comes to the front desk that they found it behind several refrigerators and will be a short time and they would bring it up. Another 30 minutes and the manager shows up with only the rug. He then had to use the computer to see what I had on the receipt. He then proceeded to tell me he could cut the piece of padding from the floor stock, disregarding that the padding was also a special order. I told him find the special ordered pad and keep it with the rug and I will be back to get it another day as I needed to get something done rather than wait. He told me that if I did not pick it up the next day it would have to go back to the buried place he found it at. This total lack of organization in the back room and a total disregard for the customer satisfaction. This is for the first room of 5 rooms and 2 bathrooms I am remodeling. It may be a 30 minute longer drive to the competitors store, but I will be going to the competitor to get the other rooms done.

Just so you know that Lowes is not responsible 2 months later. You should have taken the proper steps and called the 800 number

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Deer Park, Texas - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN HISTORY

PURCHASED A FRIDGE, IT STOPPED WORKING 2 MONTHS LATER! I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL HOOPS WITH THEM ALONG WITH TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!! AND THEY NEVER CALL YOU BACK, IT IS ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU DIDNT DO, IF YOU WANT THEM TO FOLLOW UP WIT YOU, YOU MUST REQUEST A FOLLOW UP CALL!!! NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER BECAUSE OF A TIME ISSUE ON THEIR PART!!!!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY TYPE OF APPLIANCE FROM LOWES!!!!! HERE ARE YOU 100 WORDS!! DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!! HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!! LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS

If you had any sense you would be calling the manufacture rather than Lowes. The refrigerator has a 12 month manufacturer warranty.

Just call the manufactures 800 number and you'll get service set up through an authorized service center.

Why waste your time getting Lowes in the middle of a call you can make? This is true of any store you buy it from Don't be so lazy and expect the retail store to set up an appointment for you.

View more comments (1)
NEVER FIXED MY FRIDGE

3.4
Lowes - Lowe's Delivery Service Destroys my Yard and Runs Away
Lowe's delivery driver misses driveway by 25 feet and backs into my front yard and over a $13,000 StormTech detention system. Then driver runs away when approached by contractor. A working detention system was a requirement for permits so now I have a $350,000 renovation project that is being distrupted. I called store manager - who says he will handle everything. I don't hear from him for three days - call store and he's on vacation and nobody else knows anything. I repeat my story to another manager who tells me I have to file claim with their delivery service and they will send an insurance adjuster. I talk to the delivery service, who in turn used a subcontractor - and am told they will now have to setup a claim with the subcontractors insurance and he will let me know when the claim is filed and give me the adjuster's information. I contact Lowe's Executive Support Department because I think it's ridiculous that I contract with Lowe's, pay Lowe's and then when something goes wrong Lowe's takes no responsibility and sends me to a sub-sub contractor's insurance company. In the meantime, my project is racking up delay costs. I speak with the Exec Support person who appears to "understand my issue, promises to resolve it and will be back to me in 24 hours". I think things are going to get better. 24 hours go by - no response - I call leave message - no return call. Next day I call and am told the Case Manager handling my complaint unexpectedly is out of the office - but will be back tomorrow. Tomorrow comes - no call - I call again and 20 minutes on hold later somebody tracks her down. Bottom line, after discussing for 30 minutes, Executive Support has provided no help. She told me I had to "abide by their processes". The content of the conversation my impression was she clearly understood the "Lowes processes" were not working for me, was, in her words "inconvenient", wasn't what I wanted, and was continuing to create disruption and delays - but continued to state, that regardless of whether it made any sense that I had to follow Lowe's processes for this matter. The insurance adjuster called today - the wrong number and the wrong address. Somebody gave the adjuster my wife's number and a wrong address. The adjuster left a somewhat garbled message on my wife's phone - but she was in an environment without cell service all day and could not respond. She gave me the info this evening - I called, the company - but of course it was just voice mail. I called the company's 800 number and was told I should call back on Monday to check the status of any claim. Current status - $350K project disrupted, no help from Lowes - and understanding that Lowe's knows and understands the impact - but doesn't care enough to do anything about it.

For something so important, some one should have been there to direct the driver.

#1196481

save big money at menards

I couldnt tell from the pic where your driveway is. Maybe you should have been there.

#1205811
@Anonymous

Um duh not my issue but it's obviously the left side of the picture in a bline to the garage. It's brown/tan/grey/white.

While the big green area is the lawn. The tire marks that might be ur confusions are the lowes truck driver's destruction

Hi Mr. Hanks,

My name is Jackie Workmon and I work with XPO Last Mile.

I would like to get some more information from you to see if we are the third party company that contracted the driver that may have damaged yard yard. If possible, could you please e-mail your first name, city of delivery, and date of delivery? We have a delivery made to a consumer with your last name in the last two weeks in our system. I just want to verify this is you.

If so, I would like to forward you to someone who can help. My e-mail address is jackie.workmon@xpolastmile.com

Thank you.

Shop Menards lowes always screws it contractors.

View more comments (5)
Subcontractor damages
Preferred solution
Timely action to stop ongoing disruption and reimburse damage and expenses

Lowes - Holding my money against my will

2.0
I purchased a Maytah Washer / Dryer combo on 9/ 2 / 2014. Lowe's thru their own fault billed my debit card once and put a hold on the full amount of the debit thus tying up 2,000 dollars of my money.I have made several attempts with the local Lowes store and the corporate hot line. I only have gotten the run around and the pass the blame around game. One broken promise after another combined with a lack of caring and no urgency to help my bank release the hold.They claim that just wait seven to ten days for their system to run its course. My bank has advised them that all that is needed for an imediate reversal of this hold on my money is an official O.K. from Lowes, something that Lowe's promises it will do but doesn't care enough to do .At this point it appears that over 1, 000 dollars from my checking account already tied up for 4 days will be tied up at best for another 4 to 5 days and problem longer than that..Lowes has offered no apology ,no reconciliation strategy and no perk for my trouble , time and inconvenience. If you want to shop at a store that gives a darn about correcting their mistakes Then don't shop at LOWE'S !!!

How can Lowe's "hold" your money when they charge you the amount in full when you purchase?

Are you talking about a refund?

Problems with payment
Preferred solution
release my hold on my money imediate and give me a price reduction for my trouble