Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Gainesville, Florida - Can't find anyone that will help you!

I went into the Lima, Ohio location today and could not find a living soul to help me out. I asked Customer Service if they carried "bender board?" Which she replied that she did not know what it was, but to check with lumber. I asked the gentleman in lumber if he knew what "bender board" was and he replied that he had never heard of it but to check with the project desk. I waited at the project desk for 20 min while the girl working the desk remained on the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that a customer was there. I left the store furious and went to Menards instead. I will never return to this location again!

Not every one knows what benderboard is. Perhaps you could have helped the situation by explaining that it's a board used for forming concrete.

They may well carry a product that would fit your needs but under a different name.

Chances are that most people at Menards don't know what benderboard is either. You would have saved yourself a lot of time if you had just explained what you were looking for.

Review
Cons
  • Customer service

Lowes - Installation Review from Atlanta, Georgia

3.0
My wife and i have spent several thousand dollars with lowes in the last few months. Our first purchase was a $2500 refrigerator. It was damaged being unloaded . The second was a $500 storm door which was installed improperly. When someone finally came to fix it a month later he was rude as *** to my wife and repaired the paint (which was scraped off because of the improper installation) with a bottle of freaking white out. The third purchase was a washer and dryer set ( $1200 ). The first dryer was defected and the second was (wait for it)damaged being unloaded. Im completely over Lowes. I purchase from them because they are local and I try to keep my money where i live. Customer service is a dying art. I will pay more money for good customer service and a good experience. Lowes doesnt fit that bill.
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Hanover, Pennsylvania - *** Job On Doors and Storm Door Order

This is the second incident with our local Lowes in PA. This time it concerned two inside doors and two storm doors. It took close to five weeks for delivery because they were a special order. When the doors arrived at Lowes we had to delay installation for two weeks because of a sewer pipe out front. When the new date arrived for the doors to be installed, the installers found the dimensions to be all wrong, in both height and width. At first I thought it was the sales person, then the door manufacturer. How can dimensions be that far off? The doors are costing over $4,000 and yet no one could had checked the measurements of the doors in the two week prior to our install date while they sat in the warehouse? No one from Lowes has called us with an explanation. The only person that apologized was the installer? Not sure who is the culprit here, but we are about done with Lowes for good.

At the end of this deal... no one from either Lowes or the Door Installers did a follow-up call.

The door installers did a great job except for a molding stripe they cut off to much, then replaced it with molding that did not even come close to the original shape and took take one guy two days to cut a five or six inch molding strip. was this a new guy?

After this... neither Lowes or the business that installed the doors will be ever used again for home installation at our house.

This is the second time we were to have our doors installed, four weeks later than agreed on, and no one has shown up at our 9:00 am appointment. No phone call, no nothing.

We will never pay through a credit card again, nor will we pay in full. Lowes never called to apologized either.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Wrong products
  • Lack of response
  • Time frame
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes - This bank sucks

I've had a lowes credit card for 4 years all of the sudden they pull my credit score my available credit went from 1170$to 740$with out warning found out when we went to lowes and the card was declined we felt like common criminals any way in that 4 years we paid the card off in full twice and have never been late on a payment so we didnt get any thing out of being loyal customers we are really pissed weve been on the phone with these *** s for 2 days all they can say this is our policy and they wish there was something they could do heres a thought treat us like we're the valued customers we were!oh well guess they wont get any more money from us!!!!

You are blaming the wrong company. Lowes doesn't issue credit cards.

Another company issues the card with Lowes name on it.

Obviously your credit score has dropped. You can't expect any company to keep offering the same line of credit if you score goes down.

Lowes Credit Card
Loss

Lowes in Statesville, North Carolina - Dogs in a hardware store!!!

Have been renovating my home for the last month and I've frequently have been using Lowes!!! The PROBLEM I have is that Lowes has became a Pet store over night and I don't care for dogs, honestly I'm Terrfied for my life but manly my son, who is highly allergic to dog, cat, etc. Not sure why Lowes has allowed dogs to come in and stroll the store like they can make a purchase!!! Dogs don't belong in a grocery store, place of employment or LoWes...Pet Smart, okay, the park on a leash okay but Lowes is a NO!!!

The employees don't want them either. They *** everywhere and have fleas.

Owners don't care. Owners don't clean up after them either. There is going to be a couple posts from owners who say "I clean up after fluffy fluffy fluffy all the time" They lie.

They look directly at the staff and say my fluffy didn't do that. *** you.

If the biggest thing that you have to worry about is people bringing dogs into stores, then you truly are blessed.

@TickleMeMcHomeless

Blessed is not having dogs in stores

Today I encountered a smelly boxer at the exchange counter. The owner was "trying" to make him sit with poor results and actually made the comment that the dog was stronger than he was.

All of a sudden the dog started snarling at a well-behaved therapy dog as it came in and tried to get free from the owner. I AM NOT AN ANIMAL HATER!! However I do not want to see dogs sniffing around and going through any store unless it is a well-trained true therapy animal such as a dog assisting the blind/hearing impaired/diagnosed PTSD. Others can be left in your car or at home.

Animals have an odor to others whether the owner wants to admit it or not. Also many have a real fear of dogs especially no matter how old they are and often are unable to move away because of health conditions (I fit that category).

leave your damn dog home

We’re all entitled to our own opinions.Mine include that Kids don’t belong in a hardware store. Also, people with allergies don’t belong in our society. Darwin much?

@Dogsarebetterthankids

*** bag

I do not push my dogs on anyone. I enjoyvgaving them with.

Today with my great danes, i came upon a woman like you. Horrid people you are. My dogs do not bother anyone. They are clean and well behavd and i have them very close to me.

If i notice a scared or irritated person i duck out and wait til they are gone to browse. You should be ashamed.

Update to Lowe's corporate policy!! After I wrote Lowe's many letters begging them to change their policy (and I'm sure others have done also) our voice was heard.

Lowe's now officially allows leashed friendly dogs in all of their store!! Their website is currently being updated to reflect this great news!! If now only they would ban whiny animal haters from coming in their store and ruining it for the rest of us good people.

If anyone passes a dog in a store and their reaction isn't a smile then they pretty much have no soul. Cheers!!!

Raina
@Raina

I have a letter from Lowe's customer care proving this FACT. God bless America!

@Raina

good luck with your therapy

@Raina

Really? I have no soul because I don't like being barked at by dogs while I'm shopping for building supplies?

I have no soul because I don't like being sniffed by an animal while I'm reading the label on a product I'm interested in buying? I have no soul because I don't like walking down the aisle and finding myself between two dogs that decide to snap and snarl at each other? And... to top it off....

I have no soul because I don't like having to step around dog *** on the floor at the check-out stands, only to have the customer behind me step in it? Leave your damned dogs at home!

These days most places that don't sell food are dog friendly. Every dog in a store I have come across is very well behaved and the owner has complete control every time.

Thats better than some parents with their kids. Plus im sure the dog is cleaner than most kids who come in that store.

Did this dog approach you in a menacing manner? What did this dog do to terrify you for your life?

If the dog had actually approached you aggressively, I expect you would have contacted the store management and the police and filed a civil complaint. I bet you just need to grow a pair.

Many dogs act better than some of the customers walking around stores now days. I'd rather have my son see someones pet than hear the language some people use in public.

boo hoo hoo get over it. much rather see a nice dog than a whiny customer that complains all the time in the store

@Anonymous

Leave your damned dog at home!

Folks that bring their dogs into stores tend to have a lot better control of their dogs than most people that bring their kids into stores. I'd much rather shop in a store with a well behaved dog than a kid running all over the place.

@Anonymous

You obviously don't work in those stores. Adults and children are scared of dogs. Just because you let your dog lick it's *** and kiss your lips doesn't mean everyone feels the same.

View more comments (17)
Damn DOGS in the store
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Brockway, Pennsylvania - Attempt to overcharge for installation

Requested Lowe's to replace an existing ceiling fan with one exactly like the one that's there. They insisted that the contractor had to check it out first for a $40 charge that would be applied to the $129.95 installation cost. After the contractor looked at it they called to say that the cost would be $219.95. When questioned why the extra cost the response was that the contractor would have to pick up the fan but the higher price was not including the fan cost. They were told when the original request was made that the contractor would have to get the fan so they should have said what the cost was for that originally.
Lowes Installation

Item delivered in wrong color. Two days and three calls later to Lowes customer care. Not one call back!!! Help!

I ordered online a kitchen faucet in bronze and had it shipped directly to my rental property. When it arrived my plumber installed it and text me a picture. When I saw the picture I couldn't believe it.... Lowes shipped a less expensive chrome faucet not bronze like a ordered. So now I will have to pay another $238 for the reinstallation. And I can't even get a call back so Lowes can refund me the price difference for a mistake they made! The customer service department is called customer care... they should call it customer could care less ....What a joke. A hugh waste of my money and time and Lowes could care less. To say the least I'm not a fan of Lowes. Home Depot from now on.

Once a product is installed it makes the return process much more complicated. At my store, the most we'd really be able to offer you is an Installed Complaint form, which you would fill out, mail to our General Office, and have it reviewed by our much higher-ups to see if they deem you worthy for any sort of refund.

Really muddies the water.

Yes, they may have made a mistake, but you compounded it by not looking at what they shipped before you had it installed. I would expect you would at least have to get the packaging back to them to even consider giving you any credit. They are going to need some kind of proof the wrong item was shipped.

@Anonymous

Its not the customers responsibility to have to check behind the ones who's job it is to make sure you get what you ordered. However I realize that it is now almost a necessity in this age of dumbed down society cell phone zombies in the pool of candidates that businesses have to choose their employees from Lowes should take full responsiblity and make it right.

View more comments (2)
Full refund

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Bait and Switch

1.4
Purchased an outdoor patio table and chair set online. I was notified later that they no longer had that deal so I would have to purchase something else. Of course they offered nothing comparable to the quality nor price that I had originally purchased. They wanted much more $$$$ for a lesser set. The manage at the store was rude and even said I should probably go to Home Depot if I wanted something like that. Horrible service, did not even attempt to help. Will take him up on that offer!! What a bait and switch! San Antonio Lowes!

bought an "in stock" item ($289) that needed to be installed. paid for it.

(vanity top for bathroom vanity)

the installer called me a few days later saying its not available anymore.

they have the same thing - same size and color - but with a slight different edge to it for $699.

i feel like its "bait and switch"

i get how its probably not; i just wish the web site was updated. we are not buying the new thing.

We have something similar going on with Lowes right now as well. We purchased online an ice maker kit on 01/19/2015.

It was shown as available and it would ship out in 3 days or less. It was on sale for 50.00. Of course the 3 days came and went and nothing. As of today, it is scheduled to be delivered by 02/18/2015.

Bad thing is, I can purchase the more expensive ice maker kit and pick up in the store today if I so choose. I feel as if this is a bait and switch as well trying to force me into buying the more expensive item. Seems to be more and more of a pattern with them.

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away with my issue and good luck with yours.

There is no bait and switch. Items go on sale and sell out fast, so no comparable items.

Too many people come into Lowes complaining about Home Depot and their horrible customer service. The majority of Lowes complaints are baseless. Lowes is not to blame for the credit card company, the manufacturer warranties, the vendor product delays, etc etc.

I doubt the majority of complainers have never worked retail. I love helping customers but some issues are beyond Lowes fault.

That is exactly why I don't shop at Lowes. I do all my shopping at Home Depot and if I really a part and it's not at Home Depot, I go to Ace Hardware!

I would never put up with any rude sales people like the one mentioned. I don't complain through the internet. I send my letter directly to the manager of that store which might get your problem solved. I love going through all the aisles at Home Depot.

My husband has to pull me out of the store. Those people at the are good people!!

That's what happens when you wait till the end of the year for closeout prices. They sell out. Next year buy earlier in the season, yes you may pay more but you'll get what you want.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Table
fold

Lowes - Warranty Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Bought a refrigerator with them and haven't even had it a year and it went out so it's under warranty. It's been a week since I've contacted them about it and they have yet to get back with me about it! I keep calling and they keep saying well we can't find someone to fix it so we will call you tomorrow then tomorrow comes around no call and I call them again and they repeat themselves! I wouldn't be so upset but I have kids and a refrigerator is something we have to have! I will never buy from them again!

You are going about it all wrong. The manufactures warranty covers one year parts and labor.

You should be calling the manufactures toll free number for repair, not Lowes.

The manufacturer will send someone to repair it. Quit blaming the retail store when you aren't contacting the manufacturer who is responsible for the repair.

I'm in oklahoma by the way !

View more comments (1)
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in White Salmon, Washington - Severe Lack of communication leading to delays in store pickup

3.0
Online-I had ordered 2 rainfall showers to be delivered to the local Lowes (union, NJ) on Sep 23rd. On delivery day I was called and told they are on back-order even though I had already been called to say it was on time. Now I was given a new delivery date of Oct 8th. On 8th, I got called by the store today that it is again on back order and NOT available until NEXT MONTH. Here is the tragedy, NO ONE so far had bothered to inform me that ONLY 1 of the showerheads is on back-order while 1 is readily available. IF ONLY someone had explained it earlier! I would have cancelled one of the orders so that the available one gets shipped. No wonder people love Home Depot. Speedy online service, better stores, better employees and hence better communication.
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered