store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowes - Bosh Dishwasher Review from Brandon, Mississippi

2.0
Building a house had purchased a lot from lowes They had a Bosch dishwasher that was reduced because they said it had a dented kick panel It had actually been dropped It took longer than 30 days to install and when we tried to return it we were out $369 no refund for their garbage

If you bought a damaged clearance appliance and then sat on it for over 30 days. Frankly that is your fault.

It says very clearly the return policy on the back of every receipt.

Its not Lowe's fault you were naive enough to purchase something like that, and then wait so long to return it.

Led Lights Review

went to buy led lights at $20 each asked fir the instore coupon that the govt iffwrs they saud they were out and i qould have to gi home prunt myself and return they wouldnt print them in store sorry lowes, theres a home depot nearby wont wver return

Lowes Website Review

3.3
The mobile website is worthless.
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes - Water Heater Review from Redwood City, California

3.0
I went to lowes to purchase a water heater and 4 employee's walked past me without asking if I needed help. Once I did have some questions it took about 10 minutes for someone for that department to come and help. When I asked about the energy efficency on the one I was interested in he wouldn't even come over to look at it and said I need to look it up online. Worst service, I will never shop at lowes again. After talking with friends they have hade similar experiences at this lowes.

Should be a big sticker on it that tells about the energy efficiency.

So 4 employees walked by you and none of them asked you for help, the real question is why didn't you ask them FOR HELP RIGHT THEN AND THERE? Don't expect others to do something you won't do yourself. You had just as good as chance as they did.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Poor Handling of Online Order, Not Ready for Pickup | Lowes review from Worcester, Massachusetts

I ordered from Lowe's online with store pick up. I received an email saying it was ready for pick up at the store in Worcester, MA at customer service. When I arrived, I waited while the service person talked to friends for 5 to 10 minutes. When she finally paid attention to me, she said my order was not there, and she spent the next 10 minutes calling someone who never came. Finally someone else tried to help, but it took her 20 minutes to locate my order. It was a terrible experience. I got home and saw that two things were missing, which leads to the other problem. I had a 10% off coupon, which was taken off the total when I checked out. However the email I received showed them taking 10% off each item. With no explanation, they screwed up the totals of items. They changed an order of 222 tiles to 221 tiles, and then a separate line for one tile. This was done throughout the email copy of the order. This caused mistakes to be made and for the store to give the wrong totals for two items. Now I have to go back to this lousy store to get the missing items. I received an email from Lowe's asking me how they did. I said poorly. I bet there is no meaningful follow up. This now makes two problem orders from Lowe's in the past six months. I'm going to stop ordering from them.

Lowes - Snow Blower Review from Wayne, Michigan

Bought a snow blower in Sept. when Lowes had them on sale. Used it in Jan for the first snowfall, it doesn't work. Because i bought it more than 30 days ago, no refund. I have to have it repaired by Lowes, average repair time 7 to 10 days. If it still doesn't work i have to have Lowes repair it 3 times, average repair time 7 to 10 days, before I can get a refund. What a scam Lowes has going on. Put winter items on sale in September that way they can keep your money in December when the item doesn't work. The best part is they assembled it.

This is very standard practice amongst all major home improvement chains. You should have ran it right when you purchased it and changed it's oil anyways.

That is highly recommended. Let me guess you tossed out the owners manual and you didn't bother to educate yourself on the return policy which is printed on your receipt. The only one to blame here is the uneducated consumer which is YOU! It's your responsibility to inform yourself about store policies when you make a major purchase.

All educated consumers know this. Stop being an obnoxious uneducated consumer and learn from this.

Ordering online,next day delivery,not really | Lowes review

Ordered a item online an a Thursday nite.The page said I can have the item delivered Friday using next day shipping.ok.I needed this part today so I bit the bullet and paid up an extra $25.After I paid,then I see the fine print.It takes a day to process,then ships the next day.aparrently nothing happens over the weekends so I found the part somewhere else and now Im out $25 for the so called next day shipping.Assuming I don't have to ship it back to return the part.They shouldn't mislead people about next day delivery.Ill be shopping the other hardware stores from now on.

Also, web orders are a 24 hour call back to schedule a delivery day for you. And if the product is not in store then it will have to be shipped to the store before you can get it.

So called customers like you don't realize how much stress you all put on those associates. Since web orders came about fore Lowes there have been nothing but a headache to deal with and the associates are the ones paying for it thanks to customers like you who think the world revolves around them.

And yea, Lowes should have a cut off time on delivery to shut up people like you.

In addition to what was said below, if you would take the time and read a little bit, you would have noticed that the "Next day delivery" is a service offered through the store for items that are IN STOCK. You ordered something that was not IN STOCK, so obviously it needed to be shipped from its location.

As in intelligent consumer you would pay attention to the details on an order. Today, Jan 10th I took a look at Lowes site and worked up an order.

On the page you pay for your order right below the total it stated order would arrive the next day after 1-11. I don't see how I would have been misled to believe it would get here on the 11th. You should also realize that most delivery companies like ups or fedex have a cut off time for next day delivery.

If you order at night you probably would have been to late for Lowes to get it shipped in time. Use a little common sense the next time you order.

View more comments (2)
Problem with delivery
Loss
Full refund
Tags
  • Next day shipping issues

Lowes manager, Jason said it's out of his hands and thanked me for calling!

Bought a ProCom gas heater a year ago with a 2 year warranty that no longer works. I'm unable to reach ProCom as they are very busy, and to call later. I've been trying for a week to reach them. Contacted Lowes, explained by dilemma and was told a manager would look into it and call me back. I get a call from Jason who gave me 2 numbers for ProCom so I can call them. He said they "should" send me the part. How do I know what part? It's out of his hands, he said and thanked me for

They did give you the solution. Contact the manufacturer.

Retail stores are NOT responsible for the warranty on a product, the manufacturer is. The quickest way to get a problem solved is to contact the manufacturer directly. Expecting the store to handle your claim just adds to the time it will take to get your problem solved. If the store contacted the manufacturer for you and they had more questions the store would have to call you back get the information, perhaps waiting for you to call them back.

Then they would have to contact the manufacturer again and hope they have all the information they need. Why do you think getting someone in the middle of your warranty claim is going to help in any way?

Mahaley
@Anonymous

Obviously, you didn't catch the part about being unable to reach ProCom. And for the manager to give me two numbers I've already called without success is not giving me a solution.

If Jason had even pretended to act like he cared instead of being indifferent, I wouldn't have mention Lowes first. Believe me, if ProCom would answer their phones, I would go that route for sure. I'm either 40 something in line and go for two hours without anyone answering, all lines are busy, please try again later, or the phone doesn't even ring. I had the same thing happen last year, again with a ProCom heater that came with broken parts, but this one I bought thru Home Depot.

After HD was unable to reach anyone at ProCom over a period of two weeks, they gave me my money back. Unfortunately, ProCom pretty much holds the market on gas space heaters and if I had known the CedarRidge heater I bought at Lowes was made by ProCom, I would have reevaluated my decision to buy. So, with this all said, are you Jason?

Employed by Lowes?

@Mahaley

Don't pay ANY attention to this coward Anonymous writer. He or she is some loser who work for Lowes that thumps down ALL negative comments and even takes the time (I'm sure during company time) to reply back to ALL those OPs who have posted negative comments.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Terrible Service From Mfg

Dont buy power tools a lowes

1.2
Brand new out of the box christmas gift... bosch 12 volt screwdriver didnt work. Went in store to exchange 3 days after christmas.... no way because the gift was purchased more than 30 days earlier. Seems their policy has changed. It apparently changes based on who you are and who is at the customer service desk. they are no longer the place to buy power tools - at least for me... Screw them - will by my tools from home depot in the future. their people are rude and treat you like a thief when trying to explain an exchange... Mckenna Road Arden NC lowes

Most stores follow their standard return policies even during the holidays unless a gift receipt is requested. It's still covered under warranty. Get it to a Bosch service center, they'll take care of it.

Review
Cons
  • Attitude or customer service
  • Poor customer service
Damaged or defective

WORST EXPERIENCE - SHENONDOAH CABINETS | Lowes review from Conroe, Texas

FACTS ABOUT THIS LOUSY ON GOING EXPERIENCE 1. Paid premium upfront for " Plywood Option " but when installers arrived and boxes and packing was removed, found particle board parts mixed in with all plywood parts 2. Informed Lowes - reordered the parts and of course waiting and delays. 3. Re-ordered parts arrived - and the parts were again particle board. 4. In order to avoid further frustration and delays I agreed to use what they shipped and YES Lowes issued a $500 credit. 5. The glass panels for cabinet doors - wrong size!! So again re-order wait and frustration The project was paid in FULL at LOWES on 08/26/14 and 09/02/14 and still as of January 6th 2015 - NOT COMPLETED, SILL WAITING FOR correct size glass panels. Jan 7th @ 3:00pm - I just now received e-mail response... WOW.... .....they are expressing regrets for not having the right size GLASS SHELF KITS and that I should check with a local glass shop...... DOES ANYONE AT LOWES/SHENONDOAH EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GLASS PANEL AND A GLASS SHELF???????????????? NO MORE LOWES or SHENONDOAH cabinets EVER IN LIFE!!! PLUS, I INTEND TO PERSONALLY INFORM ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE TO ENTIRE INDIAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY OF METRO HOUSTON AND HELP PEOPLE TO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS. ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUTH and I will assist to verify the same. My E-mail : sdpatel1018@gmail.com LOWES STORE ADDRESS: 15555 FM-529 HOUSTON, TEXAS 77095
Reason of review
Excessive delays, incomplete project, extreme frustration
Let the company propose a solution