Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Stockton, California: Lazy or unsure of their work

Walked into Lowe's and asked an employee to show me where to have automotive keys duplicated, he pointed to isle 15 and said he would call someone for me. I got to the isle and the other employee was waiting as i got there. I asked can you duplicate my key for me, it's a transponder key. I have my own transponder key as well.. Lowes employee : We don't carry transponder keys here. Me : I have my own I just need you to make a copy of it. Lowes employee : sorry sir we don't carry those key.. Me : No I have my own, I just need you to duplicate my key. Lowes employee : That's a dealer key sir we don't have them.. Me : All I need is for you to do is duplicate this key to this key. Lowes employee : standing and still holding both my key's says, we can't do that cause we don't want to be responsible for ruining your key.. Me : Look I paid $12 dollars for this key, if you ruin it i will not care, I just want you to copy my key please.. Lowes employee : NO..... I left and walked into home depot, I asked an employee what isle do they duplicate automotive keys, he says I'll take you there.. I asked the Home Depot employee "can you duplicate my transponder key, I have my own.. Home Depot employee : Sure!! 5 minuets later I was walking out with my fresh cut transponder key.. Got home and programmed it and TA DAAAA... works perfect.. Thank you Lowes for hiring lazy people who cant seem to do the job they were hired to do..

Their policy is there for a reason. Sure, you say you don't care if they ruin your $12 key...

You'll have that attitude as long as it doesn't get ruined.

If it got cut wrong you'd be crying to talk to the store manager and demand reimbursement for your key. You should have had whoever you bought the key cut it, unless you bought it on the internet to save the cost of buying it at a local store who has to figure in the cost of the occasional miscut key as well as the labor costs of an employee cutting that key for you.

I understand that the situation you were presented with is frustrating.

What I can tell you is, it is Lowe' Policy not to cut "coded" or "electric/programmed" keys. You have to understand that rules are the way they are because someone, at some point in time had it done, f'd it up ans sued us for the liability.

So just because you are intelligent enough to follow to process the right way, and not seize your car with a faulty key. Not everyone is.

I have worked for HD and Lowe' s and to be honest that is the policy in both places. What I am assuming is you got an employee who figured it would all work out, which thankfully it did.

The so quoted laziness does not really fall on the employee of Lowe's, because in fact they were not being lazy. That associate was following the rules.

What you might be unaware of, is the Key making area is a very high theft area, and it under constant surveillance.

I have personally witness employes being caught on tape making keys they are not suppose to.

May not be what you want to hear, but its the truth.

Are you even old enough to drive, they said no, it is not lack of knowledge or laziness it is they cannot do it.

View more comments (2)
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Richardson, Texas: Maybe not the carpets fault....

here is what may be your problem: the carpet under your furniture has not been touched for two years...the rest of the house has been vacuumed 104 times...you have had the same space cleaned twice, all of the above put wear and tear on the carpet...while the protected areas remain basically new.....ITS THE CHANGE OF THE TEXTURE IN THE CARPET that gives it a "faded look" due to the cleaning and daily use process..... look down the hallway and you will notice the wear even more than the rest of the house.... I am not a spoksman for Lowes, but I did install carpet for them for 18 yrs.(retired)...We all will have that same problem when we have to keep a bed or dresser etc. in the same place for a long period of time....I do hope you will enjoy your new home.....tom

Lowes review in Sandusky, Ohio: Broken dryer

the dryer is 3years old. my wife called lowes to get it fixed under the warrenty she purchased. after waiting a week,a repairman came. he didn't even know how to take the dryer apart,he had to call someone on the phone to ask how to do it. finally he found the trouble. he ordered the parts before he left. it has been 10 days since he was here and the parts haven't come in yet. I have been a customer for years,i even just bought 12000.oo dollars worth of kitchen cabinets from lowes but if this is how things are run you have lost all my business.

So you have a 3 year old dryer and you expect them to have every part on hand? It doesn't work that way.

They order the parts from the manufacturer or parts supply house. Guess what? Sometimes they are out of stock and get backordered. Yes, it's inconvenient but it is also reality.

Wouldn't have been much different if you had bought the dryer at Home Depot. If they didn't have the part, you'd be crying about them as well.

Review

Lowes review in Tyler, Texas: Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care

2.3
Lowes review - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care
cust id 1963692 10/24/2014 Today my wife and I went to Lowe's to get some tools and look at tool chests. Standing in the store we check online and see this deal on a Kobalt chest, item #351117 and see they have one remaining in stock. We checked the aisle but didn't see it, or even a spot for it. We went back and looked at the demo models and saw the chest. $469, with the item number shown (took photo of tag, included here), and a new item number shown below that (Item #538545). The guy helping us is baffled but assures us that weird as this is, we obviously should get the demo. He gets the assistant manager. The assistant manager says that product is now Item #538545. We point out that online shows one 351117 available and that the product is identical (see comparison). He states that their inventory must be off. I ask him what if I purchase it online, right there. He says it won't work but try. I get to the shopping cart before he stops me and said it doesn't matter, they would just refund my money and tell me they didn't have the product. We argue back and forth, he looks locally for the 351117 chest and nobody has one. Note that the original online sale was shown to go thru 11/22/2014. He offers 25% off the $469 price. We decline and leave. I called Lowes corporate in the parking lot. Helped by a friendly guy (customer id 1963692) who listens, then starts looking for the 351117 chest. Note that my time with him ends up at 90 minutes, 9 seconds. We drive home while I'm on hold. The service rep pops back on now and then and he's clearly confused by this too. Big sale, the item is nowhere. He asks me for my store location, then reads the sale price for the item off to me. $258.99. He comments on that being a great price, keeps looking. More holding, he's trying this, trying that, commiserating with me, has repeated the sale, the price etc. Finally he says he found one! In Claremore. That's a couple hours away so he says he'll see if he can get it shipped to my house, can I hold? This is a long hold. 20-25 minutes. He comes back. His tone is change, no humor, very dry. Claremore has one, but not at the price I mentioned. He asked me what that price was again. Says he can't find it online. Am I sure it's the right item? I'm dumbfounded. I point out to him that we talked about these things, he read the price to me - and now he's acting like this didn't happen. I look online during this chat and Lowe's has changed the item price to $399.00. No sale. The $469, same item different item number, is online as well. No sign of the sale that started this. The customer rep simple says "Is there anything else I can help you with?" No, I guess not. So here's my complaints: 1. Lowe's online posted up a nice sale on a toolbox that simply was not available. Anywhere. On October 24 for an item sale lasting through 11/22/2014. 2. Lowe's took an item, changed the item number, and bumped the price up $100 and refused to honor the sale price of the item simply because they changed the item number. 3. Lowe's literally changed the website information during my 90 minute customer service call, then denied that the sales information, which I'm posting here, even existed. I can't imagine this is legal, but I don't think there's really any customer protection in America any more. All I can do is vote with my wallet and share this experience publicly. There aren't so many hardware store options any more but I know how to buy online from Amazon. I won't purchase from Lowe's again.
Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver Item #538547 (formerly Item #351117), in good condition, to my home for $268.99

Lowes review in Gainesville, Florida: Can't find anyone that will help you!

I went into the Lima, Ohio location today and could not find a living soul to help me out. I asked Customer Service if they carried "bender board?" Which she replied that she did not know what it was, but to check with lumber. I asked the gentleman in lumber if he knew what "bender board" was and he replied that he had never heard of it but to check with the project desk. I waited at the project desk for 20 min while the girl working the desk remained on the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that a customer was there. I left the store furious and went to Menards instead. I will never return to this location again!

Not every one knows what benderboard is. Perhaps you could have helped the situation by explaining that it's a board used for forming concrete.

They may well carry a product that would fit your needs but under a different name.

Chances are that most people at Menards don't know what benderboard is either. You would have saved yourself a lot of time if you had just explained what you were looking for.

Review
Cons
  • Customer service

Lowes - Installation Review from Atlanta, Georgia

3.0
My wife and i have spent several thousand dollars with lowes in the last few months. Our first purchase was a $2500 refrigerator. It was damaged being unloaded . The second was a $500 storm door which was installed improperly. When someone finally came to fix it a month later he was rude as *** to my wife and repaired the paint (which was scraped off because of the improper installation) with a bottle of freaking white out. The third purchase was a washer and dryer set ( $1200 ). The first dryer was defected and the second was (wait for it)damaged being unloaded. Im completely over Lowes. I purchase from them because they are local and I try to keep my money where i live. Customer service is a dying art. I will pay more money for good customer service and a good experience. Lowes doesnt fit that bill.
Lowes Installation

Resolved: Lowes review in Hanover, Pennsylvania: *** Job On Doors and Storm Door Order

This is the second incident with our local Lowes in PA. This time it concerned two inside doors and two storm doors. It took close to five weeks for delivery because they were a special order. When the doors arrived at Lowes we had to delay installation for two weeks because of a sewer pipe out front. When the new date arrived for the doors to be installed, the installers found the dimensions to be all wrong, in both height and width. At first I thought it was the sales person, then the door manufacturer. How can dimensions be that far off? The doors are costing over $4,000 and yet no one could had checked the measurements of the doors in the two week prior to our install date while they sat in the warehouse? No one from Lowes has called us with an explanation. The only person that apologized was the installer? Not sure who is the culprit here, but we are about done with Lowes for good.

At the end of this deal... no one from either Lowes or the Door Installers did a follow-up call.

The door installers did a great job except for a molding stripe they cut off to much, then replaced it with molding that did not even come close to the original shape and took take one guy two days to cut a five or six inch molding strip. was this a new guy?

After this... neither Lowes or the business that installed the doors will be ever used again for home installation at our house.

This is the second time we were to have our doors installed, four weeks later than agreed on, and no one has shown up at our 9:00 am appointment. No phone call, no nothing.

We will never pay through a credit card again, nor will we pay in full. Lowes never called to apologized either.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Lack of response
  • Wrong products
  • Time frame
Problem with delivery
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes review: This bank sucks

I've had a lowes credit card for 4 years all of the sudden they pull my credit score my available credit went from 1170$to 740$with out warning found out when we went to lowes and the card was declined we felt like common criminals any way in that 4 years we paid the card off in full twice and have never been late on a payment so we didnt get any thing out of being loyal customers we are really pissed weve been on the phone with these *** s for 2 days all they can say this is our policy and they wish there was something they could do heres a thought treat us like we're the valued customers we were!oh well guess they wont get any more money from us!!!!

You are blaming the wrong company. Lowes doesn't issue credit cards.

Another company issues the card with Lowes name on it.

Obviously your credit score has dropped. You can't expect any company to keep offering the same line of credit if you score goes down.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Loss

Lowes review in Statesville, North Carolina: Dogs in a hardware store!!!

Have been renovating my home for the last month and I've frequently have been using Lowes!!! The PROBLEM I have is that Lowes has became a Pet store over night and I don't care for dogs, honestly I'm Terrfied for my life but manly my son, who is highly allergic to dog, cat, etc. Not sure why Lowes has allowed dogs to come in and stroll the store like they can make a purchase!!! Dogs don't belong in a grocery store, place of employment or LoWes...Pet Smart, okay, the park on a leash okay but Lowes is a NO!!!

The employees don't want them either. They *** everywhere and have fleas.

Owners don't care. Owners don't clean up after them either. There is going to be a couple posts from owners who say "I clean up after fluffy fluffy fluffy all the time" They lie.

They look directly at the staff and say my fluffy didn't do that. *** you.

If the biggest thing that you have to worry about is people bringing dogs into stores, then you truly are blessed.

@TickleMeMcHomeless

Blessed is not having dogs in stores

Today I encountered a smelly boxer at the exchange counter. The owner was "trying" to make him sit with poor results and actually made the comment that the dog was stronger than he was.

All of a sudden the dog started snarling at a well-behaved therapy dog as it came in and tried to get free from the owner. I AM NOT AN ANIMAL HATER!! However I do not want to see dogs sniffing around and going through any store unless it is a well-trained true therapy animal such as a dog assisting the blind/hearing impaired/diagnosed PTSD. Others can be left in your car or at home.

Animals have an odor to others whether the owner wants to admit it or not. Also many have a real fear of dogs especially no matter how old they are and often are unable to move away because of health conditions (I fit that category).

leave your damn dog home

We’re all entitled to our own opinions.Mine include that Kids don’t belong in a hardware store. Also, people with allergies don’t belong in our society. Darwin much?

@Dogsarebetterthankids

*** bag

I do not push my dogs on anyone. I enjoyvgaving them with.

Today with my great danes, i came upon a woman like you. Horrid people you are. My dogs do not bother anyone. They are clean and well behavd and i have them very close to me.

If i notice a scared or irritated person i duck out and wait til they are gone to browse. You should be ashamed.

Update to Lowe's corporate policy!! After I wrote Lowe's many letters begging them to change their policy (and I'm sure others have done also) our voice was heard.

Lowe's now officially allows leashed friendly dogs in all of their store!! Their website is currently being updated to reflect this great news!! If now only they would ban whiny animal haters from coming in their store and ruining it for the rest of us good people.

If anyone passes a dog in a store and their reaction isn't a smile then they pretty much have no soul. Cheers!!!

Ezinne
@Raina

I have a letter from Lowe's customer care proving this FACT. God bless America!

@Ezinne

good luck with your therapy

@Raina

Really? I have no soul because I don't like being barked at by dogs while I'm shopping for building supplies?

I have no soul because I don't like being sniffed by an animal while I'm reading the label on a product I'm interested in buying? I have no soul because I don't like walking down the aisle and finding myself between two dogs that decide to snap and snarl at each other? And... to top it off....

I have no soul because I don't like having to step around dog *** on the floor at the check-out stands, only to have the customer behind me step in it? Leave your damned dogs at home!

These days most places that don't sell food are dog friendly. Every dog in a store I have come across is very well behaved and the owner has complete control every time.

Thats better than some parents with their kids. Plus im sure the dog is cleaner than most kids who come in that store.

Did this dog approach you in a menacing manner? What did this dog do to terrify you for your life?

If the dog had actually approached you aggressively, I expect you would have contacted the store management and the police and filed a civil complaint. I bet you just need to grow a pair.

Many dogs act better than some of the customers walking around stores now days. I'd rather have my son see someones pet than hear the language some people use in public.

boo hoo hoo get over it. much rather see a nice dog than a whiny customer that complains all the time in the store

@Anonymous

Leave your damned dog at home!

Folks that bring their dogs into stores tend to have a lot better control of their dogs than most people that bring their kids into stores. I'd much rather shop in a store with a well behaved dog than a kid running all over the place.

@Anonymous

You obviously don't work in those stores. Adults and children are scared of dogs. Just because you let your dog lick it's *** and kiss your lips doesn't mean everyone feels the same.

View more comments (17)
Damn DOGS in the store

Lowes review in Brockway, Pennsylvania: Attempt to overcharge for installation

Requested Lowe's to replace an existing ceiling fan with one exactly like the one that's there. They insisted that the contractor had to check it out first for a $40 charge that would be applied to the $129.95 installation cost. After the contractor looked at it they called to say that the cost would be $219.95. When questioned why the extra cost the response was that the contractor would have to pick up the fan but the higher price was not including the fan cost. They were told when the original request was made that the contractor would have to get the fan so they should have said what the cost was for that originally.