Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Riverhead, New York: Installers aweful!!

3.0
Bought a top of the line Bosche dishwasher from Lowes and the installers came to install. They were RUDE and SARCASTIC. They asked ME to turn off the electric. I did what I thought was the electric marked on the breakers. Thank God I asked Do you test the line to make sure the electric is off? They checked and line was still active. Guy goes to basement with me and says D.W. means dish washer for the future. I said look at the one above that it also says D.W.. Then one guy uses my bathroom and does #2..YUCK. do not use my bathroom. Guy @ 2 says can you get a garbage bag to put the garbage in? So they came un-prepared to take away the box, plastic wrap etc. Next issue BIG>> please sign here.. I look at the paper no name and it is a questionnaire on quality of service.. all BLANK.....I question it he say don't worry I have it all filled in for you. I will never use LOWES again. I have used HOME DEPOT several times and they OUT SHINE Lowes BIG TIME.
Review

Lowes credit card and carpet install

I obtained a Lowes credit card fire the purpose of installing carpet. I was told by using the card I would get a rebate as well as a discount. The price at the time I purchased the carpet was 800 dollars higher than what the associate quoted me in store and they were selling me the lowest grade when I was quoted fur the highest. I had to call the manager several times before getting my rebates and discounts refunded. To top it off they began calling wanting payments made before the theinstall had even happened.I refused to pay until the job was done and my credit took a hit. I will never shop at Lowes again. When the credit card company began calling I ignored them until my carpet was installed. After installation I called them to make the payments that were due. They hung up on me every time I called. They continued to call me 5 times a day hanging up when I answered the phone and my credit took even more hits. as of this Monday my card will be paid off in full and Lowes will not get my business anymore.

Lowe's Policy is to have received full payment of installation (including product, and labor) before your install would be set up. To read that they were willing to move forward with you before payment was complete, from a company stand point show's they were more then willing to do the best they could.

Addressing the price discrepancy, because i wasn't there I am unable to give an accurate accounting... but what it sounds like to me, if just lack of education on the part of the associates. Please remember Lowe's as a company hires 100's of new people every week. Just for the sake of knowledge as well, Lowe's run on a very reliable yet extremely outdated computer system.

Its basic language is DOS. So many younger employees, have a real struggle learning to use the system.

Much like older individuals struggle to use newer technologies.

Above all im sorry you had a bad experience, but from the outside looking in, it just sounds like you are a miserable unhappy person, who no matter what would of been displeased.

Your credit took a hit because you didn't pay your bill on time. Lowes doesn't issue the credit card, a credit company does.

They have nothing to do with the installation, all they care about is the date of purchase. You need to stop living in the past where the small stores extended you credit.

It doesn't work that way anymore, they can't afford the risk and they let the large credit companies issue credit cards with the stores name on them. Never ignore the credit companies if you want to maintain a good credit rating.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Poor customer service
Loss

Other Product Review

I just wanted to know what's wrong with your husband calling the job to say u can't come in because you r sick.

Lowes taking last 4 numbers of your credit card in N. MYRTLE BEACH SC

I handed my credit card to the person at the register, he swiped it thru the machine then put the last 4 numbers in the cash machine, when I question him why he stated that the transaction would not go thru, I stated that it was approved when it was swiped, I then said if you think the card is phony I have my drivers li. and also other photo ID, I asked for a manager and when asked the same questions he said in is store policy. I called my credit card company to ask if they needed it and was it there policy they stated NO I then called Lowes Offices and asked the same questions, after talking to 3 different people who could not answer my questions. I got transfered to the corporate office who could not give me answers, she said she would get me answers and call back in 24 hrs. still waiting after the 24 hrs. WHAT ARE THEY TRACKING WITH THE NUMBERS OFF YOUR CREDIT CARD

We ask you for your 4 digits to VERIFY THE CARD IS LEGAL AND NOT COPIED. I'm very sorry you have a hard time with basic credit card security.

You see, people can make a copy of your magnetized strip, put it on the back of "your" card, then swipe it. If the last 4 digits DON'T match, it means your card has BEEN STOLEN. Seriously. You are the kind of *** we have to deal with every.

***. day.

Do everyone in retail a favor. Shop online.

I am the person who wrote this complaint and after 3 weeks of waiting for a answer to why they enter the last 4 numbers of your credit card into there machine I AN STILL WAITING, they already have the last 4 numbers of your credit card when you run it thru there machine, WHAT ARE THEY TRACKING WITH THISE NUMBERS

Catalina

I have worked in retail and many stores ask for the last four digits, the reason is to make sure the last four match the encoded strip. It is a security precaution.

The purpose of entering the last 4 digits on the card is just to try to help prevent card theft, it only happens over a certain amount, and it gives the cashier an opportunity to ask for proper identification if the card is not signed or otherwise says "see id" on the back.

Your last four numbers of your credit card are on every receipt you have ever used it for. The process is to ensure cashiers check the card as required by law.

WOW!!! What do you think they can do with the last 4 numbers of your credit card. Sound to me like they are just trying to prove the cashier looked at the card.

Well I can answer this for you. Lowes is not tracking your card and it is policy.

The reason is for your protection. When they take card for the last 4 digits they are to check the back of the card for your signature.

If it's not signed they are to ask for ID to make sure it's not someone using a card that isn't theres. Hope this helps!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager
Problems with payment

Lowes Manager Review

I worked for Lowes in Starkville MS for 5 yrs. The managers are rude and expect us to lie to customers to get them to buy the extended warranties. They treat their employees like *** and the customers also.
Lowes Manager

Sales Representative Review

Standing in lowes been here for over an hour,trying to get help with kitchen counter tops.....asked the sales rep who pretty much ignored me..so im off to Home Depot. Lowes just lost $500.00 Thank you.....hope the CEO'S see this. And there were other people walking away too
Review

Lowes review: Do not buy a whirlpool cabrio washing machine under any circumstances

Problem #1: Went through entire cycle. When it turned off, the clothes were only partly wet and not washed. Was told to try a different setting. Problem #2: Different setting - same problem. Was told to try LESS detergent, because machine panel senses when you are using too much soap and goes through cycle anyway...WHAT the??? Problem #3: Different setting, different kind of soap - clothes got wet but not clean. Problem #4: Machine has a stinking odor. Did the machine cleaning thing. Machine might be clean, but not the clothes. Problem #5: Very small load, a little more water, clothes came out like they went in......ENOUGH ! Problem #6: FINALLY got through to Lowes - service man came out the following week. Said the drain hose was hooked up wrong (it wasn't). Reset and re-calibrated all cycles. Gave me a rundown on problems with this piece of junk......the good ole folks in Washington has passed laws regarding how much water, electricity, etc. we consumers are allowed......save the environment, save the planet, etc., etc. etc. more government control. Machine is supposed to "pull the dirt out of the clothes, not wash through the items". Well, the answer to this kind of thinking is: There is a difference between a vacuum cleaner and a washing machine and some Washington genius is confused as to which is which. Figures. Problem #7: Reset and re-calibration did no good. Mfg. warranty is now out.....but, we bought the extended warranty! Local repair man comes out....ordered a new "brain panel" this panel is no better than the first one. Wrote to Whirlpool. No response. Problem #8: Repair man is very nice person....will be in business for the rest of his life trying to fix a product that cannot be fixed but is willing to keep trying different components. Solution to my problem: I am not going to have this piece of junk hauled away and spend my hard earned money on a different brand. I am going to utilize the extended warranty I paid extra money for and call the repair person every week. At least it will be helping a small business owner to stay afloat in this terrible economy.
Damaged or defective
Loss
EXCHANGE FOR A BETTER PRODUCT THAT WORKS TO MY SATISFACTION

Do not buy lawn mowers from lowes they will not stand behind them

1.5
I bought a $400.00 lawn mower from lowes in Wichita falls tx. it is a troy-bilt model tb360, 45 days ago, this lawn mower has a 2 pull start guarantee. it has never started with less than 10 pulls even the day I put it together. Every time I used it, it took more and more pulls to get it started. last week it started revving to a high level of rpms for the first 5 min. it was running and it was spewing blue smoke. it finally reduced its rpms to a normal level and stopped smoking so I finished mowing. I tried to start it this morning pulled on the *** thing for half an hour no way will it start. I called the store where I bought it and explained to them what happened and was told that they can only replace bad products within a 30 day window. I used to spend between $5,000.00 and $10,000.00 a year in their store as I am a contractor. from now on I will be going to home depot which is right across the street for all of my contracting and home improvement needs. they have a better selection of wood anyway and almost everything lows sells, home depot sells also. for the things that I cannot get locally that I used to buy at lowes you get a better price and free shipping at amazon.com that is my rant thanks for reading it DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES!!! buy the way I talked to the home depot manager and he said that they have the same 30 day policy for products that use gas but he said that he always extends it to 90 days in cases like this.

Why do you expect Lowes to stand behind the mower. They didn't make it and it is not their warranty.

Lowes is kind enough to accept returns for the 1st 30 days.

After that you need to follow the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the mower and take it to an authorized repair shop and have it fixed. Grow up, act like an adult and take it in and get it fixed.

Tags
  • Lawnmower

Lowes review: Lowe's deletes my product review twice on Danca Tub Diverter (Garbage)

2.0
Danca Tub Diverter is Garbage product which Lowe's does not want you to know. http://www.danco.com/HowTo/How-To-Replace-a-Tub-Spout First time I thought it was an error. This is the second rejection I received from Lowe's. Now that I know they "edit" reviews, I have no confidence in any of the reviews on their website. Beware people. There are laws against deceiving people and this is a classic one. Lowe's Never Stop Improving MyLowes's Weekly Ad Clearance Appliances Hi, Nasser! Unfortunately, we were unable to approve your review of HTML__BV_SubjectName. Please review our Policies & Guidelines if you wish to try posting in the future. Thank you! — The Lowes.com Team
Lowes Replacement
Misleading product reveiws
Preferred solution
Post my product review and keep it honest.

Lowes review: Get your sines rite it says one thing on the shelf then some thin difernt on the box

5.0
ok *** lips this is what hapend i went to lowes to by a gas chain saw on the shelf it clearly says gas chain saw so u pick up the one u wont and your on your way nope on the side of the box in very small print it says 2 cicle and then u get all the way home open the box and your pised all im sayen is get your sines right or u mite get a un happy custermer like my self that would throw this chain saw rite thrue the windo the custermer is all ways rite...

You still mix two cycle oil with gas for a gas push mower. You don't mix oil if product is a four cycle.

kan u reed at awl?

Wow-have you had ANY schooling...of any kind? the custermer is clearly not all ways rite.

This is a joke?

Apparently the customer is always right except when it comes to basic grammar and Middle School level spelling.

Haha, this is a good one. It's funny because this is the average intelligence of a customer.

View more comments (5)
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution