Filter by rating :
filters

Still waiting on a replacement refrigerator after four months....ridiculous | Lowes review from Winston Salem, North Carolina

I work for a large company in Winston Salem NC that recently relocated from downtown to a location on University Parkway. Our company purchased a minimum of 8 new refrigerators. We moved in June and continue to have problems with the selections we made. My floor has over 150 people working on it and we had two refrigerators designated for our floor. One of our units had a flaw and on three separate occasions we lost all of the food in it due to refrigerator cutting off unexpectedly. Lowe's removed the broken unit and did nothing but blame the manufacturer. Now it has been over two months and we still are waiting for a replacement. The only calls we receive from Lowe's of late are lame excuses and more pointing of fingers. My husband and I are preparing to remodel our kitchen and we were considering buying appliances through Lowe's. After this fiasco at work I have no confidence that Lowe's stands behind the products they sell. No individual could go four months without a reliable refrigerator. Home Depot will get our business.
Eoghan

LOWES USES THIS BANK FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch? Look for the "Green Snakes" GE Capital Retail Pay Pal.

They even had the nerve to use the United States Post Office to defraud consumers! This goes to show you just how GREEDY & EVIL they really are. The review listed below have actual documents for people to look at.

Please go to these pisssedconsumer reviews:All of these reviews posted have actual documents that have been uploaded to show people just how EVIL they truly are #520251 #488834 #483913 #483025 #481983 #483913 #479336 & #478478 #522235 #489486 #572301

This bank handles CREDIT cards for hundreds of stores & the stores are just as guilty as the "EVIL CORPORATIONS" they use to manage there credit cards.

If you have a credit card with a store that uses this bank you need to look & see if you have been charged illegally. These are some of the companies that pay these "CROOKS" Lowes, Wal-Mart, Sears you can find out more by going to the Rip-Off Report with the "Rebuttal" from an employee, Number 1140625 this gives a list of some of the stores that have this bank for credit cards. There is also a clip on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch? or just look for the "Green Snakes" there are three of them

You can file a complaint with The Department of Justice, The Department of Financial Institutions or as I like to say The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau (The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) The Comp Controller of Currency & The Federal Trade Commission, What ever you do DO NOT file with the BBB they are paid good money to keep those "A's" for the companies that pay them.

Did you know that Pay Pal, GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank which all start with the letter "G" the new name is Synchrony Bank now are trying to get "Class Action Lawsuits” BANNED!

No one cares, lady. You just want someone to blame too, it's okay.

But honestly, (as a Lowe's employee) I can say that we have ZERO control over what the manufacturer does or sells us.

You don't believe me though, and will likely waste more of your money somewhere else because you expect perfection. As far as I'm concerned, if 7/8 of your fridges DO work, then what is your problem?

Lowes, Home Depot and other retailers do not make the refrigerators nor are they responsible for the warranty on the refrigerator. You need to be complaining about the manufacturer of the refrigerator, not the store you bought it at.

View more comments (2)
Damaged or defective
Deliver product or service ordered

Ordered a refrigerator on Labor Day weekend and still waiting for delivery | Lowes review from Columbus, Georgia

2.0
My wife and I purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's in Columbus, Georgia over Labor Day weekend (the first week in September). When it was delivered, there were scratches, dents, and obvious signs of it being a "floor model" which was not what we were told we purchased. We sent it back and were told that we would need to wait for a new one to arrive to the store. We were offered a refund, but that would result in us missing out on all the Labor Day deals that other stores had to offer at no fault of our own. On a positive note, Lowes did let us utilize the "floor model" until our new refrigerator could be delivered. Now it's the 10th of November and we are still awaiting the arrival of our new refrigerator. We get occasional calls telling us that it will be delivered in a couple days only to receive another call notifying us that it hasn't come in yet. I received another call today from the delivery supervisor explaining that the refrigerator wont be here this week and an explanation that no one at Lowes seems to understand why we are still waiting on something that was purchased back in early September. We have given up on complaining to the store management as they don't seem to offer any solutions, only excuses and finger pointing. We don't want to ask for a refund as it we would lose the great labor day deal that we got, so we're basically screwed into sitting and waiting until Lowes decides to finally deliver our new fridge. It's a shame. The morning that we purchased the refrigerator, my wife and I were talking about cancelling our Home Depot credit cards and getting one at Lowes. For obvious reasons, that won't be happening. I hope that someone at Lowes corporate catches wind of this so that I may actually get my fridge in a timely manner and an inquiry into why this happened is launched and whoever is at fault gets identified. It's obvious that the store management can't seem to fix it. In the meantime, I guess we'll be glad to at least have the loner that Lowes provided and wait for the day that our September purchase is delivered.

Got my fridge in finally. In regards to your comment, my answer would be that I want less jerking around.

I am not as educated as you probably are in this area, and all I get are weekly broken promises that it'll be delivered.

Had I been given the info that you provided rather than a weekly call telling me that it'll be in next week for about 2 months, I wouldn't be on this board.

Anyway, fridge made it and all is right with the world. lowes even let me keep an extra freezer shelf from the old one.

The delays are probably with the manufacturer. For example if you bought an LG in a color other than stainless steel it probably won't be available in their US warehouse.

It would have to be scheduled for production in Korea which can take 4-6 weeks then another 3 weeks to ship to their warehouse in Texas and another week to the store. They have offered a refund, they are letting you use a refrigerator, what more do you want?

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Delivery of wrong product
  • No special offers as compensation
  • Labor day purchace not delivered
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Management Issues

Lowes is Not reliable

2.0
I purchased 3 major appliances from Lowe's in Philadelphia Whitman Plaza store July 6, 2014. After receiving first my Range, which had to be returned for dents and scratches was delivered again with dents and scratches, and again with dents and scratches I gave up. The Dishwasher was delivered and installed by 2 Asian gentleman who could not speak English and just laughed when I tried to talk to them. After they left I found the floor board hidden behind the stove? Which means the dishwasher is sitting on the drain pipe! I was told by the store when the Frig came in the first time it was dented and they would have to reorder. When it was reordered it came in again with a dent. Today I wrote an email to corporate and within 2 hours the delivery guy called and told me they would be there it 10 minutes. I have a Frig full of food and nowhere to put it while the new frig cooled down. Am I getting one of the dented refrigerators or a new one??? If they had the new one all along why was I not called and told to pick a date??? Why only after an email to corporate was the frig available??? They better not try to bring me a dented or a different frig then I ordered or I will send them ALL BACK!!!! It has been almost 5 MONTHS!!!!! Yes, Someone should give me an answer before I blow my top!!! Deb Silvestri
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price
Problem with delivery
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes - Tile Review from Lima, Ohio
Spent $2500 on a small kitchen tile job. The Lowes installer said he couldn't get it quite flat that's just the way it is. Do not do Business with this company in the lima Ohio region. If you're wearing flip-flops in my kitchen prepare for a fall on the tile front lip!

Not one installer bothers to check a floor level. NOT ONE.

Poor Customer Service | Lowes review from Manasquan, New Jersey

I am a contractor and purchase supplies from Lowe's throughout the year for my business. I often have the need to contact Lowe's customer service to get information on price and availability for any particular item. The customer service representative constantly redirects me to the wrong department, which becomes aggravating since I have to call back again to get to the right dept. Finally, I asked for her name (Stacy) & let her know she was not sending me to the right dept. Although, it did not matter since she seemed uninterested and had the nerve to get upset with me

lowes do not care about out side contractors or ones that work for them worked for 16 years let go for no resone 100% score

Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

LOWES - A Corporate Bully Against Valued Customer

Lowes failed to honor an online purchase agreement (sale) paid by credit card. I attempted to complete the purchase of an advertised product from the October 24/14 flyer, both in person in the Toronto (2649) store where my AMex photo ID was denied, and after numorous emails a bait and switch tactic was employed to change the agreement terms, refuse the agreed delivery, and charge more money. Robert Niblock, CEO Lowe's Companies Inc; Sylvain Prud'homme, President Canada; Taryn Wusterbarth, Customer Service Director, Canada; Derek Briggs, Toronto Store Manager; and most representatives, in my opinion, all choose to bully a valued cutomer by denying customer respect and refusing to provide a formal response. The Canadian Red Cross defines one form of bullying as "ignoring" the victim. In my opinion, this passive agressive behavior is a 'top to buttom' LOWES policy, from CEO to Store Manager, in dealing with critical customers. In my opinion, this treatment is employed to annoy, antagonize, and abuse customers.

lowes will do you wrong if you are a SMALL CONTRACTER LOOK OUT

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Not Respectful | Lowes review

The Corporate Office should to train their sales representatives to put the customer first and not themselves. All they care about is making the sale of the $10000+ whether or not the customer has a quality product or is happy with it. Horrible, the treatment I received. The color samples were not up to date and they were rude about charging my card without my knowledge causing fraud alert to go off with the bank Lowes uses. They act as though it is all my fault. No apology ever. I don't care to do business with these people again.
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowe's and their employees | Lowes review from Memphis, Tennessee

You might be wondering where all of the employees are when you walk into a Lowe's. They could be just wandering around talking with fellow employees or in their break room or on a computer in a training room playing "Lowe's Cup" on a computer set up for just that. I seldom go into the break room as I am an employee or even take one of the two 15 minute breaks you're allowed each day. I don't even take a lunch break as I feel I can't get my work done if I stop. I don't mind at all though because I do enjoy working and I have one of the most physical jobs in the store, no, THE most physical job in the store. I was written up because I didn't take a lunch break and was talked to by the same assistant manager again just yesterday, Nov. 02, 2014, for not taking a lunch break last week. I think I'm going to take both my early and late 15 minute breaks and my entire hour for lunch and then when I'm supposed to get off I am OUT of there. Regardless of how much isn't finished. I do unload trailers that bring in our merchandise and it's funny how THAT particular job is "timed". The only work in the store that is timed. I see people doing whatever they can to avoid work and that seems to be just fine with Lowe's but that ain't me. They actually want my crew to have a trailer unloaded in a certain amount of time. After we've unloaded it and take merchandise to departments, that merchandise might sit there for a day or two and in some cases even longer. Why? Those people are probably visiting others in the store. And sometimes EVEN waiting on customers. I remember one employee telling me .."don't go down to plumbing, there are customers all over the place." I immediately went down to see if I could help. Don't get me wrong there ARE some very good employees. When a manager has a morning meeting and concludes by saying, "go have fun", the majority want to do just that and the customer doesn't count as fun. So my question is "WHY time the unload when nothing else is timed", not even how long freight sits on an aisle. The store is extremely concerned with NOT going over 40 hours. I'm a part time worker so I don't have much to worry about unless of course they call me in on a day off, which I don't mind but again, if I get to work and work till I'm completed all task and I didn't take a lunch break .... WHO CARES???? ... My not taking lunch breaks was never a concern until I got close to 40 hours and then "Why don't you take lunches?" was the question I got. When I'm at home and outside working, I don't stop to eat lunch, it's just me. Anyway, I do like my job BUT we'll see what happens in the future. Any questions you can reach me at "considerwritingme@gmail.com"

lowes screws all sub contracter if you are a small sub look out in2015

It's the labor laws that require the lunch break. Lowes has to enforce the breaks required by law or be fined.

That is why you are written up when you don't take the required lunch. Where I work you'll get fired faster for not taking your lunch break or taking a short lunch than you will for being late to work.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager

Great Experience @ Lowes

5.0
I recently remodeled my bathroom with the PSI in Kissimmee, fl. It was absolutely a smooth sailing experience. The person that sold me the remodel was very good in explaining how the program works and it was exactly as described. We had very little to do with the remodel and were not inconvenienced as we have been in the past with 2 other remodels. Their price was much better than other private contractors had quoted us including Re-Bath. I was very happy with the quality of work and I am very picky ;-) Great service experience for me and my husband. I guess it has everything to do with what location is doing the work.
Review
Pros
  • Remodel
Good quality

Defective appliance | Lowes review from Baltimore, Maryland

I bought a dryer 4 months ago. I called Oct 19 to get a repair person because it had stopped working. He showed up Oct 22 without the necessary part but did tell me he had a lot of defective dryers from Lowes recently. He ordered the part which did not arrive in time for the rescheduled visit on October 28. I took off another half day of work today to meet the repair guy between 1 and 5 but at 6 I was told he would be there at about 7 pm. At this point I rescheduled with zero confidence these clowns will actually ever repair this dryer that I have had for FOUR MONTHS. I have several rental properties and have spent at least 10K a year with these guys for the last several years. and actually had planned on another 7 K in early next year. Looks like Home depot is the next stop on my list.

WOW! What a genius.

You've spent over $10,000 a year for the past few years and now have a problem and are headed for Home Depot. You do realize that Lowes didn't make the dryer don't you. The manufacturer is responsible for the warranty repair...not Lowes.

This will be true at Home Depot as well. Glad you didn't say you are headed to my store.

Review
Cons
  • Warranty service
Damaged or defective