Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Hagerstown, Maryland - Discount Card

I called lowes of LaVale To see if web site was right to uses a Home Depot discount card . They said that was right because there are the Home Depot within the area. I could use it. Three days later I go to lowes ( LaVale ) . They said I could not use it. I told them what was told to me on the phone. They still said I could not use it and they did not know were a Home Depot was. I told them there is two of them within 65 miles of LaVale and one within 75 miles. If I would have know this I would have gone to Home Depot and saved 20% . The drive would have been worth it,so I will from now on for my building supply and all other things.

i dont understand why you just wouldnt use the discount card at an actual home depot... you got it the card, use it where it says to.

So 65-miles s nearby? That's hardly the same market!

Nearby when it comes to retail is normally 20 minutes or less. I could for see Lowes employees not being aware of Home Depots more than a hour away because they DON'T WORK for Home Depot they work for Lowes.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Gainesville, Florida - Bathroom renovation

payment in full made on mar. 23. work did not start until approx. 4 weeks later. this is the alachua, fl store. it is now aug. 1,2014 and project in small bathroom is still not complete. From beginning, orders were wrong, (cabinets, baseboards, doorframe, countertops, mirror doors for closets, seat in shower) There is no communication between store, general contractor, project manager and most importantly the customer. We were told yesterday sink cabinets and marble top would be installed today (men would be here at 8:30 AM). As per usual, Lowe's did not show up, and did not call or emai the customer. i called at 9:40 to inquire as to were the workers were and was told "oh they will be there monday morning." typical of lowe's for miscommunication or NO COMMUNICATION. i have had it. DO NOT HIRE LOWE'S TO HANDLE ANY PROJECT YOU ARE CONTIPLATING.

same experience. very poor communication with contractor and store installation dept and manager.

contractor measured incorrectly, ordered wrong pieces, never there when they tell you and never communicate esp, when you have to make arrangements for your pets.. want $$ upfront but take 4 months now after payment in full and kitchen renovation is still not complete since april when contract was signed and payment made.

owed us credits of work they didn't do and still have not seen that yet. if i had read these reviews first i wouldn't have choosen lowes to do the work and definetely will never recommend using them for any type of renovation!

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Yukon, Oklahoma - Lawnmower repair over 1 1/2 months still waiting

I bought a lawn mower from Lowes in Yukon Oklahoma. Before it was a year old it broke down. I took it back knowing The motor had a warranty on it. The Woman at the desk told me since I hadn't purchased their warranty they couldn't help me. Another woman walked up and corrected her saying they could take care of it, but depending on the problem it could cost as much as $100.00 dollars. Three weeks later I called to check on the progress and was told they send the mowers out and there wasn't any information for me. I called a second store and they gave me the number of the shop. The mower shop said something was broke on the inside of the mower and they had to take apart the mower, take pictures, send them to Honda. She said it could take a long time before I hear something . It's been a month and a half since I've seen my mower and it's in the middle of mowing season. Thanks for nothing Lowes!

Why are you blaming Lowes? It sounds like it is a Honda motor you are having a problem with.

Honda is responsible for the warranty NOT Lowes.

If they require the shop send pictures and get approval before repairing the motor they are causing the delay NOT Lowes. Consumers need to learn that the manufacturer is responsible for the warranty and not the retailer.

Lowes in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Review

We used Lowes.com to purchase a washer. The online purchase was easy enough, and the site eagerly took our $400. Not even 10 minutes later someone from the local store called to say they didn't have the item in stock and were canceling our order. No apology, no offer to contact another store to find the product- just a rude representative stating she was canceling our order. We used our debit card for the purchase and a week later the funds are still on hold from Lowes. I called the customer service line and the representative stated that these things happen since the website doesn't always update. She then advised me to call my bank to have the funds released. Shouldn't she do that? Now I have to arrange a conference call between my bank and Lowes to get my money back. Lowes will never get our business again. And we were looking at them for a kitchen remodel. I advise all consumers to never make a purchase from Lowes.com if you like either having a product or your money, lowes is holding onto my money and I have no washer.
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes in Livingston, Texas - Rude Emplyees!

I bought a new *** eater, when I opened the box it was clearly used! I took it back and the employees accused me of using the *** eater! This is an insult since the box was taped together, and I only possessed the *** eater for a total of 20 minutes! I am disgusted and angry with Lowes and I WILL NOT go back there again! I would rather drive a hundred miles out of my way then give them my money or business! Since my experience was so bad with them I insisted they take everything I purchased back instead of just the *** eater which I only wanted to exchange until I got there and was treated so poorly! I will not allow this to happen again! Just so you know, that was the second time I had been to Lowes today (for other items) so they are not just losing a "one-time customer", they are losing a customer that went there at least once a week but I will be driving to Huntsville to Home Depot from now on!

The correct terminology is string trimmer. Unless you purchased a We3deater the brand name.

The odds are good the original purchaser boxed it backed up and told them it was never used.

When this happens it goes right back on the shelf and sometimes even when used after it's cleaned up. I don't really care about your silly complaint, I was mostly annoyed by your incorrect referencing to string trimmers.

Lowes - Kitchen countertop colour dispute

I say the colour of my new kitchen countertop is wrong. Lowe's says it is right. I have the sample I was given to look at. The fabricator and store installation person came to my kitchen. Their samples match my sample, none of which come close to the countertop. I suggested a third party decision (designer). No go. The people who would have to pay for the new countertop made the decision. Guess what they decided? Shame on you Lowe's. This is exceptionally poor customer service with no attempt made at a just resolution. It took 2 months of my perisistance to even come up with this answer. Shame --bad business practice.

They need to make it right. Apparently, the customer is always right, is not their motto.

Sounds like you selected granite and you weren't educated on the product. Slabs change, each and everyone of them.

There are multiple quarries for each granite color.

Blame mother nature, not Lowes. If you're designer, the second opinion, did not explain the natural stone variation, then he or she is no designer ---from a designer

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation

Lowes - UPSET CONSUMER

I BOUGHT DRYER FROM LOWES IN ATHENS GEORGIA, PAID GOOD MONEY FOR IT. LAST WEDNESDAY IT STOPPED DRYING MY CLOTHES. I CALLED THE PROTECTION WARRANTY PEOPLE AND THE SCHEDULED TECH PRO PLUS TO COME OUT ON FRIDAY BETWEEN 1-5PM. NOBODY SHOWED UP OR CALLED ME. I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY RESCHEDULED ME FOR TUESDAY BETWEEN 8-12, NOBODY SHOWED UP OR CALLED. I CALLED THEM AT 1PM AND THEY LIED AND SAID THEY SCHEDULED ME FROM 1-5. I HAVE E-MAIL THEY SENT ME AND IT SAYS 8-12. NOBODY HAS CALLED OR SHOWED UP. WHAT THE *** DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET MY DRYER FIXED.

TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND THAT'LL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM!!!

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!

Lowes - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!
It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get our deck done. We had very clear instructions on what we wanted; it is July 28, 2014 and we have yet to receive that deck. Lowes subcontracted their companies to do the work which is fine. However, if the service is going to be mediocre that is a problem. The first contractors went over everything with us and when it was time to get started, they were running behind and when they arrived, there was no project manager only the workers that only spoke Spanish. They were asking my husband what were they supposed to be doing?? Really, aren't they supposed to know? Also, they came to our home with someone else's plans not ours. My husband sent them away and we requested them to get another company that could handle the job. It took them weeks to resolve that issue, now we have the second company, they have torn down the deck, we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week, it was full so they took it away. But, they had more stuff to go in the dumpster and it is sitting in my driveway for the 2nd week now. It is a mess and no one has answers, they will not call us, we contact them. We have been getting the run around since we signed this contract. They come to work when they decide to we have had to tell the same people over and over again how we want our deck and I am so over it! I am so unhappy about how this has been handled! This deck is over $8000!!! When we try to get someone on the phone we get transferred and we have people telling us that it is not their responsibility. I will never deal with this company again!

Only fools have Home Depot or Lowes build it for them. Hire your own contractor that way you know exactly what your getting and can hold that contractor accountable.

Going to a big box store and expecting stuff to get done is ignorant, corporate makes it impossible for employees to get stuff done at the store level. They also hire inexperienced people so they have lower expectations and can pay them less.

They do not hire carpenters, plumbers or electricians. It's all random people off the street with limited building experience.

@SharkNasty

Only a fool assumes that I only spoke with one contractor. I have spoken to many people and Lowes did not request half of the money upfront.

Now that is foolish to give a stranger half upfront. I can still hold Lowes accountable how foolish are you to think that I can't! I don't know why people think that others are cheaper! That is so not true.

I put this out to vent, I don't need your advice! I got this! I will definitely handle it at the end.

Big companies like Lowes has a lot to lose, do you work for them because you seem to think you know much about how they work. Are you one of the idiots that is handling the project??

This is why you hire your own contractor. When you go to Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your project.

Take the time to interview and investigate your own contractor. You will also save money.

Lowes marks up whatever the contractor is charging them. Put that money in your pocket and have control over the project at the same time.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes - Review about Overcharge from Bayonet Point, Florida

Over charged. Price tag was 27% lower than register. Customer service never got off there butt to check price. They both just said well it's not in the sales flier. Had to push to get my money back. Not to smart when Home Depot has the lower price next door. New port richey fl

High Prices Review

You go to lowes ,cont get waited on you to look for help then that ppl dont care n that is why we need a home depot !!!!! You have the ppl standing around talking to each other!!!! If we had a home depot I would never shopp lowes nver again!!!lowes are to high on price!!!!this is Rockingham store!!!!