store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Update by user Oct 30, 2014

After contacting the corporate number the following day the store manager contacted me. He indicated to me that the shift manager was incorrec.

We were given a refund.

It should have never required this much effort for their customer. Had the manager even read his own receipt he would have known he was wrong.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2014

Purchased a drill and impact driver Set from Lowe's. I purchased a replacement plan at the same time. 60 days after the purchase the drill broke. I took it back to get the replacement had my receipt in hand only to learn that the Lowe's employee did not register the replacement plan. The drill was replaced because it was within the 90 days of purchase. I was told that the previously purchased protection plan had to be repurchased because they did not transfer. The original replacement plan cost was just given to Lowe's because they never registered and thus I received nothing in return for that $20. The attitude of the staff was that there was just nothing they could do about it. Lowes should have refunded my original $20 because I never received anything for it but they didnt agree. In my opinion one should never buy power tools from Lowes or one should never purchase protection plans from Lowe's. Buyer beware.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll avoid that store......

Lowes Replacement
Problem with delivery
Loss
Tags
  • deceptive
  • Tool protection plan

Poor Service Review

Purchased just about everything for the house, paid at least $20000, installer won't come, Lowe's promised they will make it happens. Still nothing done, very hard to get refund. Please think more than twice before you have Lowe's to your home improvement project.

Lowe's sent a thief into my home | Lowes review

1.7
I recently purchased carpet for my home for Lowe's, which included installation. I didn't realize it, but they contract out such work to people who in turn contract with other people to do the work. Lowe's says they require background checks on everyone they send into your house, but in my case that wasn't true. Two men showed up and I immediately recognized the signs that one was a substance abuser. I had taken the day off to be there while they worked, but in this case I tried to stay in the next room and keep an eye on them. The fellow who was in charge was nice, seemed to do good work, and as far as I know was trustworthy. The other man was a different story. It was his first time to ever install carpet and his first day working for Lowe's. As I was told later, he was recently released from prison on a drug charge and the installer gave him a job to help him get on his feet. The man who was the helper spent a lot of the day in our bathroom. He went six times, staying one time for thirty minutes. I later realized he had gone through everything in the bathroom, apparently looking for drugs of which there were none. Later, after they finished one of the rooms, he went back into it and apparently went through everything on the closet shelves. At the end of the day, when I was trying to put furniture back in the room they had finished, I occasionally lost track of him. At one point I found him going through a pair of my pants in a room where he had no business. Later I realized he stole my pocket knife. The worst was that he got into another room, also where they were not working, and stole my sister-in-law's wallet containing her driver's license, credit card, medical cards, and pictures. She realized shortly after they left that her wallet was missing and called to cancel the card. However, he had already been to three stores and used the card for several purchases totaling $90.00. I called the installer and he recovered the card and license, but not the wallet, medical cards or personal items. The installer dropped these off the next day and also paid for the charges on the card. I called Lowe's and they asked that I file a police report, which I did. That took a couple hours of my time, plus a trip to the police station, and I doubt anyone ever follows up on it. Since no one from Lowe's had apologized, the next day I went to the store and asked to speak with the manager. He was pleasant, offered me a $150 credit on my Lowe's card for my trouble, and assured me that Lowe's has a strict policy of requiring background checks on everyone who works for them. I wasn't impressed. I did my own background check on this crook and discovered he has been in and out of jail since he was 18 in three counties. I found a dozen records: drugs, indecent exposure, drug paraphernalia, burglary, driving with an invalid license, failure to appear, various traffic violations, including dwi; and unsecured child under 8. I couldn't get his records after 2006 but understand that for the last eight years he's continued in and out of jail and prison on various charges, most recently for Methamphetamine. In addition, his wife is currently in prison for drugs. The only good news is that the State of Texas has custody of their children. I suspect as time goes on we'll realize other things are missing that this thief picked up. What really bothers me, though, is that Lowe's would let someone like this come into my home. It leaves one feeling violated and that Lowe's doesn't really care about their customers. They promote their commitment to customer service, but I didn't experience it. In addition, some of the carpet has already come lose from the tack strips and I'm going to have to have Lowe's send someone out to fix it.

get ready in 2015 lowes to get read of all small contractors and work illeagles for less money

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Review | Lowes review

Lows is the worse place to buy they have horrible service. Our fridge it's been braking all the time this is the 5th time in 2 years. They send someone to foxy it and then they cancel so I have to throw all my food away I have a bug family w 3 kids and this is *** ***. If this happen to them they will fix the problem right away they don't care about their costumes only when u show at the store to buy. They don't want to change the fridge ! Also the dish washer broke twice to all the appliances that I got from them are a pice of junk . The washing machine as well and my husband had to fix it ! Please go buy at the Home Depot. It's much better

Lowes - Refrigerator Review

Lemon Lemon Lemon that is what you sold me. I purchased a refrigerator and after 4 months quit working and now it has been 5 weeks and I and they have deemed it in repairable I do not want another Haier refrigerator it is a piece of junk I am notifying the news company to let them know that Lowrs does not stand behind the products they sell. Thanks got selling me a lemon and then not doing nothing to help we can not buy grocery we are living out of coolers.

It is NOT the retail stores responsibility to stand behind a product they sell. The manufacturer of the product is responsible for the warranty.

You are directing your frustrations at the wrong party.

You should be complaining to and about Haier. Haier is responsible for the warranty and if you aren't satisfied with the way they are handing it you shouldn't be complaining about Lowes.

All Lowe's can do is follow up with the manufacturer of the product, so see how they can proceed. What a lot of people don't understand is after the appliance is sold, it is not a Lowe's product unless you purchase a Lowe's Specific protection plan..

Its like taking your 9 month old Puppy the developed cancer to the Puppy Breeder and demanding a refund for selling a defective puppy.

Certainly you would not see any $ because the breeder has not power over natural selection. All things made, function on the same principals.

Things break, sometimes at a untimely rate.

I'm sorry you feel like your Lowe's store did not do everything in there power to assist you further, but out right blaming them is completely crazy.

View more comments (1)

Lowes Replacement Review

I have purchase a refrigerator it has been broken for 5 weeks no one will help me even though I offer to purchase a different brand and maybe pay a little more told me NO. I have been living out of coolers for 5 weeks they will not back a product they sale.
Lowes Replacement

Installers aweful!! | Lowes review from Riverhead, New York

3.0
Bought a top of the line Bosche dishwasher from Lowes and the installers came to install. They were RUDE and SARCASTIC. They asked ME to turn off the electric. I did what I thought was the electric marked on the breakers. Thank God I asked Do you test the line to make sure the electric is off? They checked and line was still active. Guy goes to basement with me and says D.W. means dish washer for the future. I said look at the one above that it also says D.W.. Then one guy uses my bathroom and does #2..YUCK. do not use my bathroom. Guy @ 2 says can you get a garbage bag to put the garbage in? So they came un-prepared to take away the box, plastic wrap etc. Next issue BIG>> please sign here.. I look at the paper no name and it is a questionnaire on quality of service.. all BLANK.....I question it he say don't worry I have it all filled in for you. I will never use LOWES again. I have used HOME DEPOT several times and they OUT SHINE Lowes BIG TIME.
Review

Lowes credit card and carpet install

I obtained a Lowes credit card fire the purpose of installing carpet. I was told by using the card I would get a rebate as well as a discount. The price at the time I purchased the carpet was 800 dollars higher than what the associate quoted me in store and they were selling me the lowest grade when I was quoted fur the highest. I had to call the manager several times before getting my rebates and discounts refunded. To top it off they began calling wanting payments made before the theinstall had even happened.I refused to pay until the job was done and my credit took a hit. I will never shop at Lowes again. When the credit card company began calling I ignored them until my carpet was installed. After installation I called them to make the payments that were due. They hung up on me every time I called. They continued to call me 5 times a day hanging up when I answered the phone and my credit took even more hits. as of this Monday my card will be paid off in full and Lowes will not get my business anymore.

Lowe's Policy is to have received full payment of installation (including product, and labor) before your install would be set up. To read that they were willing to move forward with you before payment was complete, from a company stand point show's they were more then willing to do the best they could.

Addressing the price discrepancy, because i wasn't there I am unable to give an accurate accounting... but what it sounds like to me, if just lack of education on the part of the associates. Please remember Lowe's as a company hires 100's of new people every week. Just for the sake of knowledge as well, Lowe's run on a very reliable yet extremely outdated computer system.

Its basic language is DOS. So many younger employees, have a real struggle learning to use the system.

Much like older individuals struggle to use newer technologies.

Above all im sorry you had a bad experience, but from the outside looking in, it just sounds like you are a miserable unhappy person, who no matter what would of been displeased.

Your credit took a hit because you didn't pay your bill on time. Lowes doesn't issue the credit card, a credit company does.

They have nothing to do with the installation, all they care about is the date of purchase. You need to stop living in the past where the small stores extended you credit.

It doesn't work that way anymore, they can't afford the risk and they let the large credit companies issue credit cards with the stores name on them. Never ignore the credit companies if you want to maintain a good credit rating.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Poor customer service
Loss

Other Product Review

I just wanted to know what's wrong with your husband calling the job to say u can't come in because you r sick.

Lowes taking last 4 numbers of your credit card in N. MYRTLE BEACH SC

I handed my credit card to the person at the register, he swiped it thru the machine then put the last 4 numbers in the cash machine, when I question him why he stated that the transaction would not go thru, I stated that it was approved when it was swiped, I then said if you think the card is phony I have my drivers li. and also other photo ID, I asked for a manager and when asked the same questions he said in is store policy. I called my credit card company to ask if they needed it and was it there policy they stated NO I then called Lowes Offices and asked the same questions, after talking to 3 different people who could not answer my questions. I got transfered to the corporate office who could not give me answers, she said she would get me answers and call back in 24 hrs. still waiting after the 24 hrs. WHAT ARE THEY TRACKING WITH THE NUMBERS OFF YOUR CREDIT CARD

We ask you for your 4 digits to VERIFY THE CARD IS LEGAL AND NOT COPIED. I'm very sorry you have a hard time with basic credit card security.

You see, people can make a copy of your magnetized strip, put it on the back of "your" card, then swipe it. If the last 4 digits DON'T match, it means your card has BEEN STOLEN. Seriously. You are the kind of *** we have to deal with every.

***. day.

Do everyone in retail a favor. Shop online.

I am the person who wrote this complaint and after 3 weeks of waiting for a answer to why they enter the last 4 numbers of your credit card into there machine I AN STILL WAITING, they already have the last 4 numbers of your credit card when you run it thru there machine, WHAT ARE THEY TRACKING WITH THISE NUMBERS

Catalina

I have worked in retail and many stores ask for the last four digits, the reason is to make sure the last four match the encoded strip. It is a security precaution.

The purpose of entering the last 4 digits on the card is just to try to help prevent card theft, it only happens over a certain amount, and it gives the cashier an opportunity to ask for proper identification if the card is not signed or otherwise says "see id" on the back.

Your last four numbers of your credit card are on every receipt you have ever used it for. The process is to ensure cashiers check the card as required by law.

WOW!!! What do you think they can do with the last 4 numbers of your credit card. Sound to me like they are just trying to prove the cashier looked at the card.

Well I can answer this for you. Lowes is not tracking your card and it is policy.

The reason is for your protection. When they take card for the last 4 digits they are to check the back of the card for your signature.

If it's not signed they are to ask for ID to make sure it's not someone using a card that isn't theres. Hope this helps!

View more comments (6)