store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Poor service, lazy employees | Lowes review from Westminster, Colorado

4.0
I went into a Lowes on 88th in Denver to purchase an upright tool box lower section..When I went in to the tool section I found 4employees sitting around on boxes shooting the breeze.. I asked fo some help, and one guy said he would be with me "in a minute".. Finally , after one of the employees told the remainder of his story, one guy asked what I wanted.. I told him I wanted some help picking out a tool box, which was located about6 aisles away.. When I walked over to the section, he just walked away..The other three continued to shoot the breeze.. Finally, a person from another section came over, and when asked about the available tool boxes he told me he was not from tools.. I walked out, NEVER TO RETURN.. Lazy, poorly trained employees appear to be your standard

I have had multiple experiences that you have related. The most recent was in plumbing, no associate to be found, rang the service buzzer, no response, after waiting a few minutes I proceeded to another section of the4 store, looking for another item, again no clerk in sight.

After an exasperating and frustrating search I found a female associate from another department and she was kind enough to help asa best she could. As my son-inl-law and I turned in the aisle, lo and behold there sat three long time employees sitting next to a forklift shooting the breeze. I proceeded to ask if nthat was all they had to do, of course no reply. I eventually found a dept.

supervisor and explained to him the problem, he apologized and assured me that the problem would be corrected. In this particular store there are never enough associates or they are elsewhere goofing off. Had this been the first time, it would be acceptable, but it is not the case. I went to a local competitor the next day and cut the same deal with him.

I will not be returning to Lowe, for what I can secure from the local. They just don't seem to care and certainly don't get it.

Poor customer service

Bad service and bad products | Lowes review

Here is what happened to us. We bought a refrigerator, a washer, a dryer and a grill from Lowes and we confirmed all the products we bought at least 4 times by phone and scheduled a delivery date of last Friday morning which is August 22nd. So I took Friday morning off the day before and they called me on Friday morning said there is only grill on their list. Are you kidding? we have confirmed at least 4 times about all the products! Then they said they needed to reschedule the date to Saturday afternoon so that all the products can be on the list. On Saturday which is August 23rd, they did bring all the products in. However, the washer didn't work and they forgot the dryer's hook up equipment. Also, there is an obvious dent on the fridge's french door. So they took away the washer and said will deliver another one on Sunday before 2 PM. Therefore, we waited in our place until 2 PM on Sunday and nobody showed up. We called Lowes and found out that they don't have a new washer in stock but forgot to call us about that. Finally, they brought a new washer and dryer's hook up thing on Monday. However, today we tested the fridge's ice maker and it doesn't work. We called them and the service did not schedule a time for repair until we reached the manager. Now we are waiting for the new fridge. We have wasted a lot of time in this experience.
Deasha

With respect, return the merchandise. If you're unhappy with the way they are working with you, it's the one way to make them aware you're not willing to accept such service.

Service
Lowes Delivery Service
Damaged or defective
Loss

Purchased in store after finding what I wanted on-line and paid more | Lowes review from Kahului, Hawaii

Bought a fridge (item #186228) after I spent a few hours on Lowe's website and decided on that item, saw it was available in my local store. Went there and directly to the department and simply said I wanted to buy that item. The clerk went to make sure it was there and punched it all in. I then checked-out/paid at the cashier when leaving. Never thought to look at the price until I got home and found that I paid $1,529.10 (before tax) when the price on line was $1,439.10 (no shipping because it was in stock, no extra fees except the same tax). I called my local Lowes and Rita told me "well, if you buy on line you take out the middleman so we can give you a better price". I asked her who the middleman was in this case and she said "well, the sales rep". I told her that I understood what she was saying but couldn't believe she was actually telling me that Lowes considers their employee's "middlemen". I will simply go back and cancel the order/delivery and then order on-line, but probably not from Lowes!
ramjet

It's not uncommon at all for brick and mortar stores to have different prices from their web sites. It's up to you to check.

Assume nothing.

That associate was incorrect in her statement about the middleman. Lowes no longer does commission sales in appliances as of a few years ago.

There are certain promotions that are advertised online and not in store. Usually they will match the in-store price to the online price to satisfy the customer.

Deasha

Buying large scale or more expensive merchandise though a website is asking for problems. In fact, it's the number one reason, indirectly, that people complain about their purchase. Too many problems can exist with a new appliance and trying to facilitate a positive outcome with someone not local creates too many logistical problems.

Although it's not uncommon to find difference pricing between brick and mortar and online, most locations will fix the issue if you bring it to the proper attention of a manager.

Really, she actually said their own employees are the middleman? WTF

Try www.applianceconnection.com you will find much better prices, free shipping and no sales tax. Good luck. Tony

View more comments (4)
Service
Lowes Cashier
Reason of review
They advertise in-store "guarnteed lowest price"...but they should say "except on our own website"

Lowes - Long Waiting Time Review from Ormond Beach, Florida

At Lowes in Ormond beach Florida not the first time waiting for help. This time way too long aisle 5 waited 18 minutes. Going to home depot at least the wait is 3 to 5 minutes. And the employees don't sigh when they see you.

I apologize for the poor customer service by some of my fellow employees. It doesn't make it okay, but there are several reasons for it.

First, Lowe's gives an employee very little training before they put them out in their department. Second, Lowe's advertises it's associates are "experts", when very few actually are. Third, some customers get very rude and nasty when an associate who is advertised as an "expert", but often isn't, doesn't know everything about a product or service off the top of his or her head, even when the employee tries to assist the customer by looking up the information. A customer called me "useless" while I was trying to look up the information he requested, apparently angry I couldn't answer all his questions instantly.

The majority of customers are polite and respectful, unfortunately some employees let the few rude ones make them jaded and unpleasant to all customers. This is sad but, unfortunately often true.

A few things that might help make your shopping experience a little easier

1. Have a specific product in mind before you come to shop, if possible. If you can get an item number off of Lowe's.com, even better, it makes it quick and easy to locate your product for you.

Remember many Lowe's employee's are not experts in their departments, before you ask for advice and not just a product, ask how much the employee actually knows about the subject, and be polite and understanding if they give you an honest answer you don't want to hear, isn't it better then lying to you and possibly costing you more money with bad advice?

3. Though many employees aren't experts, some do try to educate themselves about their departments as best they can, if you can do a little homework on your product or what you want to know before you come in, maybe meet us halfway, it helps us help you. If we don't know the answer, but try to look it up be patient. I've had great experiences where customers were understanding when I had to look something up, I found what they needed, they thanked me and I thanked them for shopping at Lowes.

I've also had customers stomp off just a few seconds before I manage to find the information they ask for. As CSA's we're supposed to be patient and polite, yes, you as the customer don't have to be, but keep in mind being corteous might help you get what you want quicker.

Garden Center | Lowes review

Some or most of your employess in the garden center need to be trained on the lack of their social skills. I shop at Lowes probably 3/4 times a week and in the garden center they seem like they don't want to be bothered with customers, At least when you say good morning they should respond back instead of looking at you like you are strange. I've been in the garden center 3 days this week and they manners have always been the same, bad! Right down the street is home depot and that's where I plan on shopping in the very near FUTURE.
Review

Complete kitchen reno which took eight months | Lowes review from Kanata, Ontario

design for kitchen on Nov.8th 2013. Floor taken up on the 6th.Jan.Cupboards delivered on the 10th. Jan. Installed on the 13th. See that the tiles are two different dyes. one cupboard has a chip and also mark where the cut was to be and a stain mark. Counter top measuring on the 17th . Jan, counter comes on the 29th. it is bowed that the sink will not sit flush with the counter, counter has to be replaced, the other counter has to be replaced and took 5 tries to get it somewhere near, July 28th we got the tiling of the backsplash. We still have the cupboard that had the chip and we have had two more delivered and they are as bad as the first. These are Schuler cabinets. Now the Install Dept. says we have to stick to the one we have or go with the other, both are not good. I expected better from Schuler Cabinetry

Tks for the heads up . Was going to use lose for 10k kitchen upgrade ....

Not no more .

Kissimmee Florida Osceola pkwy store is the worst . Home Depot I'm back

Damaged or defective

Bought qualified appliances for rebate in separated dates, denied!!! | Lowes review from Tifton, Georgia

Lowe's is making false advertisement on appliances rebates. I bought appliances in two separated dates and had two receipts and they denied the one that I would get a "big" rebate and told me that it is maximum one per household!!! Lowe's and all their employees are making false advertisement. The fact they denied the rebate that would give me more money back also tell me they are not working in favor of their costumers. On the same case, their employee that sold me the appliances said if I bought all the water supplies and other supplies for the appliances that are needed to install, they would install my appliances... surprise!! Nobody install anything!!! Guess what?? Home depot is my new favorite store!!!

It clearly states on the rebate that it must be a single receipt purchase and that there is a limit of one per household. Home Depot's rebate policy is the same.

#862054

I don't disagree with their policy. Their rebates clearly state this and, frankly, Home Depot is every bit as meticulous about its rebates.

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
Full refund

"LOWES SYNCHRONY GE "BRAIN CRISES SURGEONS NEEDED FOR BRAIN DEAD CORPORATIONS & COMPANIES"

I believe the reason that pay pal, EBAY & GE Capital now Synchrony Bank do this is that they want to really frustrate the customer stone wall them make up excuses to the point the customer just gives up. This is how they make lots of those “Illegal Billions”! If you go online you will also find that “The Big Four” & Pay Pal along with EBAY are trying to get “Class Action Lawsuits” Banned imagine that! Gee I wonder why? You can also see the “F” rating the BBB has given Kiana Wear along with what people that have also not received there items purchased have to say about this company & they are still doing business on the website! This is on the companies Facebook page & Pay Pal has been informed yet nothing has changed! They get to keep that money you paid them for as long as they can get away with it so that THEY make the interest NOT YOU! Holding monies is also another way they make their "Billions" in interest which you the customer should be getting. The BBB is not associated with any state or federal agency they are a business. If the company pays them for ratings then they get “A’s” no matter what. But if you don’t pay the BBB you get “F’s”. You can go online & find this out. The method of math that “The Big Four” use came from the seventh planet from the Sun in our Solar System that was named by an Ancient Greek Deity. I cannot imagine just how many “Billions” of dollars these “Crooks” have swindled & cheated people out of & they are still doing it. They even get to keep the interest on your money WTF? They have changed their name now Four Times! I really do believe that Pay Pal EBAY & “The Big Four” have people that work for them that are “Brain Dead”. They have the Philippines, Asia, India, South America amongst other countries they out source to & believe it or not the United States! Who knows maybe they will outsource to "Tin Buck Two in Space"! You can go online for yourself to find out about what these "Crooks" are doing & what they want to be doing & see for yourself just how "EVIL" they really are. I really believe they came from the seventh planet in our Solar System from the Sun. You can also thank our wonderful state & federal agencies that have known about this for years that are allowing them to *** the customer out of "Billions" of dollars made "Illegally" at the expense of the customer. I have only been dealing with this since 2011 filed lots of complaints & nothing is getting done & it is almost the year 2015!
Tags
  • money fees accounts

Customer Service Review

I've been to 3 different Lowes Location and each time I'm supper disappointed with their customer service. They messed up on my orders, Blinds took over 1 month blinds didn't come no one try to find out what happen keep telling me to wait. Didn't deliver on date they promise.

Bad window | Lowes review from Two Rivers, Wisconsin

Had a garden window installed last summer.now it is leaking bad!had installer come,he blames factory.cant get factory to call us.there is water all over and now window seat has started to lift up because of all the rain.what a mess!have been calling weekly,but have been getting the run around no matter who we talked to.paid almost $4000 for this window.installer also made it smaller than we wanted.i wish we would have had some family run company install this.i'm sure this would have resolved by now. Worst experience ever.now comes winter for it to freeze.jeesh!
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution