Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Featured
Ordered a new refrigerator and received the next day delivery. Upon setting it up I discovered it had damage, crack inside the door and a dent on the outside of the same door. Reported it right away and was told I would receive a call. Next day make another call. A...
LTCC

Perfect sense. They wanted to wait you out.

Hoping you would just give up and accept the $100. Good For you for taking a stand and for forcing the issue.

Review
Below is letter sent to CEO This is a very detailed account of my recent experience involving shopping at Lowes for a vanity counter-top which began in mid-September. For the purposes of remodeling my bathroom, my contractor (Mr. Michael Rombeiro) advised that I shop...

You shouldn't have been involved in purchasing the countertop if you had no idea of what size top you needed. Kitchen tops are usually 25+ inches in depth.

Vanity cabinets are usually 18" or 21" deep requiring a 19" or 22" deep top. It's obvious you didn't even know what size vanity you had. You should have picked your color and let your contractor order the top.

I work somewhere other than Lowes, but find most of the problems are consumers ordering products that they have no clue about how they are installed and how to properly measure for them. They think they are going to save a few bucks by doing it themselves but end up paying more in the end because they didn't know what they were doing.

View more comments
Tags
  • Counter-tops

Lowes in Peoria, Arizona - Price matching

I went to Lowes to get a quote on kitchen counter tops. I was looking at quartz with Ogee edging. They gave me (kind of) a quote and it was quite expensive. I went over to Home Depot and they were higher yet and told us to get a written quote. I went to a different Lowes to get a written quote as the salesperson we were dealing with was out for the week. This time I got a quote of $3,411.00 for everything including tax. This was a few hundred lower than we were quoted before. He had called the vendor about the edging and that is where we got the big discount. He also told us he was not going to put this as an official quote, because we can't keep going back and forth from Lowes to Home Depot for a price match. That was kind of funny since this was the first time they actually came down in price. So----we went to Home Depot to see what they could do. They called the vendor about the edging and guess what? It was the same guy that Lowes called!This time he would not come down on the price. We called Lowes back and they said they made a mistake and it would be $400.00 more for the Ogee edging. Hmmmm. How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?

(1) Quartz, great product

(2) Ogee edge, ornate, ugly, too expensive due to the production time to produce it and the price of the tooling.

(3) There is NO tax when installed with Lowes, there IS tax with Home Depot.

(4) The price you buy the countertop for will not be the price you pay at the end, so why even price match. By the time template is done, you will probably end up paying more money because your own measurements were off.

(5) People make mistakes.

(6)"How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?"...you don't, pick one and deal with it.

Both Lowes and Home Depot have similar companies that template, cut, and install countertops. Sometimes they are the exact same ones with different products.

These companies or licensed to buy wholesale the countertop material. The reason only rough estimates can be given is because until time of templating by the installer you really cannot be sure of sizing and unforseen things.

Lowes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Fired after 18 years

On yahoo today I seen a story of a woman who worked for 18 years for lowes.She got fired for stopping a shoplifter who stole 600 dollars worth of stuff.The shoplifter was arrested.I will never shop lowes again.you had aloyal employee who did her job well.I really hope many people will boycott lowes as i have.boycott lowes. boycott lowes. boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes ....sorry but they will not let me post less than 100 words.........boycott lowes boycott lowes ..please boycott lowes send them a message please

This is just plain a foolish post. You have no personal knowledge of what happened, just something you saw posted elsewhere.

You don't know the whole story and whether it is true or not. I could assume you are just mad a Lowes for not hiring you because you stutter, and I know you stutter by reading the last half of your post.

18 Years come on how about a second chance with a warning and before anyone says what about her previous incidents as an employee. 18 Years she can't be that bad?????????

We are told time and time again at Lowe's as part of our training that we are not to EVER try and catch a thief. She knew better.

Her life is more valuable then the tool and anything could have happened to her. Safety first is a big motto of the company. If she has been working for Lowe's for 18 years she new better, the training on this is given frequently. We may not like the rule but we must follow it or live with the consequences.

In this case it was automatic termination. Feel bad for her but she made a choice.

OK, Mike I made a couple mistakes in your opinion. I live in a right to work state, and anybody can be fired on the whim of the employer.

Yes, I admit I made a spelling error.

That being said I would be willing to bet the person that posted the complaint is considerably younger than I am, and I would also be willing to bet they weren't taking care of a two year old great grandson, while his mother was going in for radiation treatment. All in all I didn't make as many mistakes as the poster did.

MikeBrady
@anonymous

You are right - they may have it worse than you. Some do.

With all that going on how is it you have time critique comments?

Of course you believe everything your read online. If this employee even got fired, did it occur to you that there could be more to the story than what was online.

For one thing if this happened in a right to work state a person can be fired for absolutely no reason at all.

Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation and spaces between sentences. Also there should be a space between the words "a" and "loyal." You don't know the whole story of what went on at the time.

MikeBrady
@anonymous

"Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation" Did you mean "your" and "punctuation"? Also, I believe you mean "At will employment" state, which fits this situation.

Many confuse this with "right to work". Perhaps you should do some research and proof-reading before critiquing others.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes Shenandoah cabinets working with Lowes is wakeful!

We paid for our kitchen cabinets July 4th weekend 2013. Our cabinets were to be finished by August 12. They brought cabinets out on 8th, installed some boxes, but couldn't finish because so many parts weren't sent. They stopped. One cabinet was totally wrong, 3 attempts to fix , they are suppose to put shelves now. It's Oct 10th, still not finished, supposed to be next week. Meanwhile we can't move in the house, appliances can't be installed. It's a frickin mess. I don't know who to complain to. You can't reach corporate. If anyone knows please let me know. They don't care! That's why you pay upfront in full! Don't deal with them!
Review
#451973 Review #451973 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Free Delivery - A No Show Service

Bought a new dishwasher with free delivery. First they never called as promised to tell me the 2 hour window. When I called I was given window but no delivery arrived. I called Lowes and the guy told me it wasnt that late. Really? I called their dispatch and a nice woman told me she left a message and text message for the delivery person, asking him to call me, that i was waiting only a half hour more. No call back. So I have wasted 2 1/2 hours off from my job for a "free" delivery that never arrived. I give Lowes an F for customer service. I wont buy another appliance from them.
Tags
  • Lowes Free Delivery
We had Lowe's install a new roof on our house and this is the results we got (see pictures). We have been trying for over 18 months to get this resolved. The last comment the store installation manager told me was "we are finished with this project and you received a...

Post pics to the Pissed Consumer FB page. Legal action, be done negotiating with Lowes.

View more comments

Lowes extended warranty

was told after two years that I had exhausted my 5 years worth of warranty. That the $ amount allocated was used up. It had been in the service center 5 times and each time it was there between 6 weeks and 3 months. This is crazy! They said that they could setup service, but that I would be paying the bill. They won't replace the $1500 mower because I got a military discount when they sold it to me; and they won't honor their warranty ??? At first the store manager said that my name wasn't in his book and that he had been there for 5 years and that my mower had never been serviced. Then, the real manager called and explained the warranty issue.

Lots of ignorance happening here. Extended Warranties do not start until the manufacture warranty expires. Learn your lesson do not buy extended warranties they are 100% profit to the store.

Extended warranty is total from Lowes. Do not get suckered into purchasing.

I purchased a three year extended warranty and get told that the extended warranty runs in conjunction with the manufacturer warranty. So in actuality it really was only a one year extended warranty as the manufacturer covered the first two years of repair. They gave some non sense that they cover cost the manufacturer does not. that it not true the purchase I have is from a respected manufacturer and if the equipment broke due to something they were at fault for they covered all costs to get it fixed.

What is even more funny is that on a cheaper purchase I was told I had to use manufacturer for repairs as the warranty did not start until after manufacturer warranty expired.

Funny how that applies when convenient to Lowes. Shop anywhere but this farce of a company.

@never at lowes

actually if you buy an extended warranty it's supposed to run AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. at least that's how it is here with Home Depot.

so if you buy a 2 or 3 year warranty that's what you get but only AFTER whatever the manufacturer's is runs out. now with your example of having purchased a 3 year extended warranty that indeed should have started AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. this is in no way Lowes fault unfortunately it is your own ignorance in being sold something you frankly do not need. as stated above it's pure profit for the store.

yes many times people get them and get the value for them but many also get them, never register and/or never need them so it's all $$$ in the company's coffers.

also to another point. manufacturer's warranties in many cases only cover manufacturer's defects and parts only in many cases there too. not normal wear and tear abuse/misuse/neglect/etc. also whenever you buy ANYTHING look for the warranty info in the packaging.

there should be a warranty info packet/flyer and a warranty registration card in most cases too.

if not contact the manufacturer for this info. some need to stop placing the blame on the retailer as they have no control over what the manufacturer does/doesn't cover and need to take responsibility in their own purchasing decisions.

View more comments (2)

Shop at lowes?

went to Lowes to purchase a window ac. They only had display model left so they knocked off 10 per cent off of the price. When I went to start it found you needed the remote control which they did not give me.When I called them they told me I got a discount , call fridgedare. I'm sure they would not be that *** to put the remote on the shelf where somebody could walk off with it, but this is Lowes -so maybe.Think they at customer service would look for it?Lowes is the worst when it comes to helping customers. Last time I shop at Lowes. We need to support the local small hardware and other local stores who appreciate the business and not the big box stores who think their salary comes from heaven.

Sometimes they don't have all the components, sometimes it is not in top stock. It's a display, sold as is.

I bought a display ceiling fan, I had to buy a separate remote, big deal. Again, it's a display.

If it stops working tomorrow, don't expect a return, they most likely discontinued the item, that's why they sell the displays.

When units are put on display, the original empty boxes with remotes and instructions are placed back up in top stock. I have bought many display items from Lowes over the years and 90% of the time the original boxes with related parts are in top stock above the units.

The box should be marked "display". Have somebody look in top stock for you.

Lowes in Mckinney, Texas - Floor install

Do not recommend: Use installers of all experience level and no telling which you will get to install your product. From the installer who has no experience to extensive experience. Best of all, Lowes will do everything possible to keep from taking responsibility for its installers. I had floors installed and within three months started to buckle. They have given excuses from animals, high moisture, foundation, and pluming. Animals: I don't think so. Not through out the whole house, even places where no animals. High moisture: then floors should not have been installed in the first place by installers. Foundation: had a foundation company examine house, no problems Pluming: had plumbers examine, no problems found

File a complaint with your state licensing board for contractors. File with the BBB, even though they do nothing you have a record of your complaint.

LTCC

Wrong (and Lowes should have advsed you)... Wood reqires a constant humidity between 35 - 55% otherwise you will get buckleing and gapping.....regardless of the quality of the installer.

Also the wood should have sat for a couple days in your house to acclimate.....did they do that?

Lastly - most of he big boxes sub out the labor piece so that they are insullated from claims.....they just sell the product they technically do not install. You get what you get for going with the Big Boxes