Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Honolulu, Hawaii - Lowe's lost my sink !!

In January 2014 I ordered a kitchen sink with faucet, soap dispenser and grid. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks (as I'm in Hawaii) After 4 weeks I was called that my sink came in. My contractor went to Lowe's and picked up 1 large box (thought everything was inside) Only the faucet, soap dispenser and grid were in the box Then I was told the second box with sink was shipped on different cargo, but would arrive "any day" ... After on week I was told would arrive that week ... waited another week, then I was told the sink was lost !!?? You have to know this was not to replace a sink, but it was in a new construction and I was already moved in. My kitchen could not be finished as they needed the under-mount sink to install the granite. Meaning living in a house two weeks without kitchen. Finally I gave up on Lowe's, ordered the same sink online for half the price and it arrived on my doorstep 3 days later !! Even the worst experience with Lowe's is trying to get in by phone: at least 5 times you're transferred, then the person you need is OR on his day off, OR out for lunch, OR helping other customers, OR left for the day ... A Nightmare ! After all this aggravation and wasting my time, the least they could do is give me a kind of compensation ... NO Never, Never buy or order something at Lowe's.

Lowes in Beaufort, South Carolina - Carpet installation

Don't EVER buy carpet from Lowes. Once you are sold carpet they are DONE with you. If you have an issue you have 30 whole days to have it addressed after that they will refer you to a number that will not answer the phone and basically you are screwed. If you have a stain that you just want to have patched they don't even offer the technical service to provide you with that option. WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. THEY ARE NOT CARPET PEOPLE AND THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT! I have done my service to warn you. You can regard or disregard my advice.

Lowes in Yakima, Washington - Bad service

we bought a dryer and paid for the extended warranty well our dryer sensors went out within the first month and Samsung said they would replace it well lowes came and picked up the old dryer and I asked where is our new dryer is and the delivery man said it will be delivered the next day well it did not so we called and they said it wont be here until next week. Then we asked why would you pick up our dryer a week before our new dryer came. We told them bring our old dryer back until we get our new one the *** sales person said oh we took it to the dump.. which I am sure is a big lie it was only a sensor. then we talked to a manager and he said it will be delivered sat its Saturday and no dryer.

Same thing or almost the same, when I order a safe and it came in damaged and they never called or notified me that they returned the safe back to the factory and this was done at the Spokane, Wa. store in the valley.

Tags
  • yakima wa

Lowes Contracts with A&E for warranty service. Appointments never kept and problem not resolved.

Our refrigerator is under warranty. The ice maker stopped making ice in both the upper and lower unit. We called Lowes and they have us the number for A&E. When we called they said the next available date was 8 days away on a Wednesday. We took that appointment and made it for 12 - 5. The day before the appointment we relieved an automated message to reschedule. When we called they said the next available was...8 days. I asked for a supervisor. They said they would escalate. We were given an appointment for that Friday 8 - 12. At noon I called. They said the guy called in sick and we had to reschedule...for 8 days. Then I received a call the next week that they are coming...onWednesday. When the repair guy came, he seemed confused and spent a lot of time on the phone. After two hours he told me that he had to order a part which would be slivered to me. Then he scheduled me for ...next available...7 days. The parts promptly arrived. The next repair guy come out as scheduled. He too seemed confused and indicated this was the first time he worked on this model. He spent a while on the phone and determined that the first guy ordered the wrong part. He ordered the NEW part, and scheduled me for...next available...8 days. The day before the appointment we received an automated message asking us to call and reschedule. When we called we were advised that the part was back ordered and they would call us when. The part was available. A few days later we received an automated message asking us to reschedule again. We called and were advised next available was...8 days. We advised that we were NOT going to take any more time off from work and asked for a SATUrDAY appointment. The lady on the phone said...you want an appointment on a weekend? Are you kidding?... Anyway, she DID make one for today. And advised us the part had been delivered to us. When we go home we called them to advise the part was NoT here. They said it was...we said it was not...you know how that goes. Anyway, they are now checking with UPS to find out where our parties s...and we still do not have our problem fixed. By the way, during the course of all this we did call the Lowes store. A very nice asst manager said she would follow up on this door us the day after our problem was supposed to be fixed...we did get a call front a call center asking about our service experience, we advised as above. They indicated they would personally check on the status of the part and get back to us...within 5 - 7 days. We have not heard back from the since. So much for follow through. We are now waiting for A&E to call us back and advise where the part is...with the expectation that they will then reschedule....next available....8 days.... What would YOU do at this point?

I think I would call Sears since A&E is owned by them.

Review

Lowes in Franklin Park, Illinois - Failure to maintain appointment time and warrant service warranty.

My complaint is against LOWES SERVICES and their service provider ALL STAR APPLIANCE. ALL STAR APPLIANCE did not honor the appointment time schedule and when confronted about the failure this company canceled the appointment and their response to my complaint was; the service was completed and could not schedule another service call because the service request number 72097037 was completed. Their solution was for me to hire another service technician to repair my appliance and then I would be reimbursed, I know my warranty will be voided if I have someone else service my appliance. I had been a customer at LOWES for years however now that I need the warranties to cover my appliances I am not getting the warranty coverage I paid for and the service companies they contracted are rude and UNPROFESSIONAL.

Lowes in Lexington, South Carolina - Countertop NIGHTMARE

Ordered laminate countertops from Lowes on 1-7-2014 with predicted delivery of 7-22-2014. We were getting them delivered but installing them ourselves. Originally we measured ourselves but they insisted on coming out to measure. Got a call 1-21-2014 that one of the parts broke in delivery. I was confused by how a big box store who does this regularly could make such a mistake. We resolved the issue with a rush delivery and got it delivered 1-25-2014. That night we went to install the countertops but discovered that the middle piece - our kitchen is a U-shape - is too long! I went into the store 1-26-2014 to discuss resolution with the store but they appeared to not believe me. The associate came to my house, which I have to say quite quickly, to measure and see what the issue was. He agreed it was too large and since they did the measuring that it had to be resolved by the store. The manager did not contact us but it took us to contact them. 48 hours goes by without anyone fixing this issue. My husband went up there today, 1-28-2014 and talked to management since someone should have come by to measure today per management yesterday. Their resolution? TWO more weeks until it can be delivered and $150 giftcard. Honestly it just doesn't fix the issue. That's TWO more weeks WITHOUT a sink, while we are trying to sale our house! Which makes a total of THREE weeks without a sink, one week without countertops at all, and two weeks with the countertop shoved into our walls which we now have to fix because of their incorrect measurement. We are currently negotiating with other local companies because at this point I don't want anything to do with Lowes. Want new countertops? RUN from Lowes and go to your local store.

Why would you put your house on the market before all the upgrades have been done

Common sense would tell me to check the measurements of the new tops BEFORE I tore out the old countertops. Had you taken a minute or two to make sure the new tops fit you wouldn't be without a sink or countertops at all.

View more comments (1)
Featured

Lowes in Gurnee, Illinois - Customer Service unresponsive / delivery charges outrageous

Lowes - Customer Service unresponsive / delivery charges outrageous
Lowes - Customer Service unresponsive / delivery charges outrageous
Lowe's Customer Service is horrible. I shopped online and put 3 items into my shopping cart, a total cost of $60-something. What happened next, the truck delivery charges are displayed at $10K, and sales tax as $800. I promptly emailed the CS, thought it might be a glitch... have never received a reply. However later on the truck delivery charges were modified, and it's now $59 for the $60 purchase. What do they do, load the truck with my 3 items, drive it a few miles & charge you the Charter Rates for THAT? Have they ever heard of UPS or USPS shipping? Lesson learned: will never shop at Lowe's again, either online or at a brick-and-mortar store. I have made screenshots of both charges. (The reason I opted for a delivery is because I am new to the area, but have heard that the entrance to the Gurnee IL Lowe's is tricky and is not from the Grand Ave. although their address is listed as such. I expected maybe $10 or $20 delivery charges tops, but $60? Forget it.)

Customer service.via the phone is horrible...you can recieve more service and knowledge from a phone sex operator

You are a spoiled fool, lol. Enjoy your angry little life.

So you've posted a complaint due to your inability to read and/or comprehend? There are three options when adding things to your cart, in-store pickup, truck delivery, parcel shipping. You obviously wanted parcel shipment (ie: ups) but selected truck delivery, which involves driving a 24' box truck @ 8mpg to your home with 2 employees to drop off a silly order.

I have dealt with Lowe's about its' delivery charges before. It's a flat delivery charge from a store.

It doesn't matter if it is a whole truck load or a single screw.

You neglect to say what you are having delivered. Large bulky Items can't go UPS and even UPS has limits to the size of package they deliver without an added charge. Don't bad mouth a business unless you provide all the details.

@Anonymous

The items were not large. Would actually fit onto the front seat of said truck.

I really don't give a hoot as to their modes of delivery but IMO their delivery charges are excessive. And will post again if I happened to have a bad experience with a retailer which is what this website is for; and if you don't like it, too bad. Why, had the same items delivered by another retailer with zero shipping charges. It pays to shop around.

For those of you who missed the point, I'm repeating again, Lowe's Customer Service is unresponsive and consequently unprofessional, and their delivery charges are outrageous.

Enjoy :roll

Will know to stay away from Lowe's in the future, whether online or in a brick-and-mortar store.

@OP

This guy is a special kind of ***. You selected truck delivery, not parcel shipping. Holy *** the dense people you see on here...

mstevenson918
@OP

I wouldn't even bother to reply to "anonymous". I believe it's this same person that must work for Lowe's.

He/She/it trolls these boards about Lowe's making excuses for Lowe's horrible customer service and despicable business practice and tries to intimidate the poster into not posting again about Lowe's or tries to make the original appear to be to blame for a bad experience with Lowe's. You are 100% in the right to write about a bad experience you have had and you are 1000% correct in saying you shouldn't shop with them again.

My experience with them and reading ALL of the complaints on here I am completely convinced they are a horrible, wretched corporation that cares nothing about their customers . .

@Anonymous

Furthermore, all the items that I would have purchased, would fit nicely into a Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box that currently bears a charge of $12.35 if purchased online from the USPS website. A far cry from the $60 quoted.

:? . . .

Have they even heard of USPS?

. :roll

@OP

They don't deal in usps..ups...fedex. They use their own trucks and drivers.

That delivery fee pays for the gas, maintenance and wear and tear on the truck.

If you don't want to pay it then get off your couch and go pick it up. People complain about the stupidest things.

@OP

Was it a full moon when this took place.? LOL

mstevenson918
@anonymous

Does it make YOU feel good trying to bully someone who is sharing a frustration they have had with a VERY frustrating company??? smh Apparently full moon or not you are a ***, so what's your excuse ???

Don't shop at Lowe's. Competition abounds.

View more comments (12)
Tags
  • showerheads
  • home and garden

Lowes in Honolulu, Hawaii - Still waiting for my delievry

I am expecting delivery of material (Trex) for my decking. I called yesterday to find out when I could expect delivery. They said someone will call last night. No one did. So, I called again and they said someone will call this morning. No one did, so I called again and was routed to the manager (male) who apologized and said someone should have called. It is now 11:00 a.m. and no one has called and I am still waiting for a phone call confirming a time or the delivery. So, essentially my life today has been put on hold by Lowes I recommend they do this to every member of their Chairman of the Board and all members of their board. My name is Dr Danelo Canete and I am the former CEO of Hawaii Medical Center with 1500 employees. This group cannot survive in my world.

Sorry to hear that. I guess you'll have to change your suppliers.

Don't shop at Lowe's anymore, competition abounds.

Lowes in Port Dover, Ontario - They ordered me wrong door

Under a warranty we got a new door back in 2013 and now we have a warranty and we noticed that the door is not a fiberglass door but instead a steal garden door .spoke with them and told them have a warranty but also about it not being door they were to order ,and now I had said if we can't fix this issue I see about a court fileing against them and now they will not work with us door cost us 5000.00 and we get treated like *** by them .this is dead wrong not sure why anyone would treat us this way..

If it's under warranty, they should honor it, lawsuit or no lawsuit.

This speak volumes of Lowe's Customer Relations - maybe they should go back to school and take CustomerService 101 course.

Everyone who posted comments, it's easy to judge when you are not in the same shoes...

wait til this happens to you. See you then.

lol threatening to sue and you wonder why they won't help you? you should feel like *** but it is not dead wrong of them to not help you after threatening to sue. like the other poster said you threatened to sue they called your bluff.

How have you determined this is a steel door and not fiberglass? Most people wouldn't know the difference between a smooth fiberglass and a steel door by looking at it.

I expect by the looks of your post they had a hard time understanding what you were talking about and you turned into a hot head threatening to sue. Not a very good way to get someone to help you.

@Anonymous

It's pretty easy to tell the difference between a fiberglass door and a steel garden door, no biggie

MikeBrady

You blew it. Mention lawsuit or lawyer and they shut you out.

With good reason. If you are threatening legal action, anything they do or say could harm them.

So, they just wait for your lawyer to contact their lawyer. They called your bluff!

View more comments (4)
Review
I bought $5,947 worth of LG Appliances on December 14, 2013 for a home remodel project (Refrigerator, Range, Microwave, and Dishwasher). Lowe's was advertising a rebate eligible for these purchases running from Dec. 11 through Dec. 17. As part of the purchase, I...

Lowes you are the worst ever on rebate scams- ----full of crap ----you just lost a big time customer !!! Home Depot , I'll be at your store from now on----so will all my relatives and friends that i will try my best to convince and prove to them what bunch of liars are in your management office.

Maybe your next step is bankruptcy , WE SHALL SEE........ ADIOS (not) amigos!!!!!

View more comments