Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in San Jose, California - Pattern of horrible customer service..

We recently had a home fire and are in the process of rebuilding our home. We have tried to shop the Terre Haute Lowe's home improvement store, but every single time we go into the store, we have a horrible customer service experience. They have lost thousands in revenue just from me. They really need to get rid of almost every employee, and replace them with people who are actually helpful and want to work. Right now, all of their employees act like they are annoyed if you have a question, and they act like they are too busy to help. So far, my bad experiences have been in plumbing, kitchen and appliances, and flooring. I'm not giving them a chance for any other bad experiences. My name and email: Seth Stockrahm Sbstockr@yahoo.com

So you want them to feel sorry for you because your house burned down. Whatever happened to do it yourself?

Sounds like you have a bad attitude.

Lowe's sucks a big time

Could it be your attitude? It's odd to find that no one in the store meets your expectations.

Because you are working on a large project are you expecting everyone to ignore other customers they are already working with and be your personal shopper? (You'd be surprised at how often this happens.) As a salesperson, there isn't much more irritating that having someone interrupt a discussion of details of a customers project by someone thinking their project is more important and urgent.

Each project deserves the proper attention and time to assure the details are correct. Have patience if you want yours to go smoothly as well.

Ania216
@Anonymous

You must be working there. Anonymous, huh?

That is because they ony pay min.wage you will not get anyone knowledgeable for that little money

@me

The people who are acting like that may only make minimum wage. I'm paid $18 an hour and have never had a customer complain about my service.

I go extremely out of my way to make people happy when they walk in my door. Even when they are quite clearly in the wrong.

One, maybe two bad experiences.

To compound your problem you write to this useless site instead of to Lowe's.

I can see why your house burned down.

Ania216
@YouAreTheProblem

It's more than one or two bad experiences, I can assure you of that. However my house hasn't burned down.

What THAT has to do with anything, anyway?

Furthermore, this site isn't useless. I am emailing links to all of my friends, raising awareness.

Their houses btw will not be burned down, to your dismay.

Lowe's is unresponsive, write all you want. :grin

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Teaneck, New Jersey - Customer service

After spending $1200 at Lowes Rockaway. They made me wait 25 minutes for a propane tank. Not only were the employees nasty but no one was willing to help. Julia was the person in charge of propane and didn't want to go outside cause it was raining. This happened on 12-29-13. It's unfortunate that I even stepped foot in Lowes today I have to tell you I don't have any issue at Home Depot. I didn't even get an I'm sorry. Nasty individuals working in your store. My name is Giovanni Campo and I can be reached at 3475820240 if you need further info.

So let me get this straight you need fresh propane for a grill in the middle of winter. Were you having Santa over for an after Christmas cookout.

In general if it's *** pouring rain I can't blame an associate for not wanting to get soaked to the bone.

Quit telling people how much you spent because they don't care. I *** think it's leverage you are fooling yourself.

why did you need to grill on a rainy day

Sounds like typical big business ethics in todays modern world. Give us your money *** and get out.

What you get is what you get. We got your money now move along.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes - Bait and switch and not an environmentally friendly store

I bought a troy built pony from Lowes about 6 months ago. It's failed twice. I also had the so-called service agreement. Never once did they pay up. First time they claimed it was my fault for using gas with ethanol. Well they never said anything about not using ethanol juiced gas until AFTER I bought the mower. I started using the non-ethanol gas even though I have to drive 5 mi to find a non-ethanol gas source. Didn't keep receipts, so when the transaxle fails they give me the same song and dance about not using ethanol and I can't prove them wrong so I am screwed again. I thought using ethanol gas was good for the environment? Isn't forcing people to look around for non-ethanol gas an EPA violation? Somebody needs to put this company down for good, legally that is. What about a class action suit against Troy and Lowes? Lowes sells garbage and de-frauds their customer’s worst than any store I've ever shopped at. If I were you I would steer clear of anything with the name on it.

It's quite clearly common sense. It will even say this in your book. Not knowing how to care for your product before you buy it is your own fault.

@Anonymous

To anonymous (who is probably a Lowes manager or a stockholder) Nowhere in the service manual or in the service contract is it written to only use non-ethanol gas. Your service agreement makes no mention of this.

Also I used a Sears Kohl 17 HP riding lawn mower for 10 years on ethanol juiced gas with ABSOLUTELY no problems. I sold it because it was too big for .75 acre yard and thought I would save money buying the Toy from Lowest of the Lowes. Everyone I know that uses a real lawnmower from Sears or Toro, and does not own a Troy toy, uses ethanol juiced gas.

Yes I do blame Lowes and Troy for selling junk and lying about it.

If you work for Lowes than you should consider finding a new place to work because they are going down hill fast.

The point is not that the mower is a piece of junk.

The point is Lowes LIED in their service contract. The point is the Lowes service rep lied to me by omission.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Chuck Sampson

@Chuck Sampson

Actually I work for sears. And in the owners Manuel of anything with gas powered small engines it tells you this.

In the contract it says it doesn't cover abuse or neglect. You neglected they didn't cover just like they said.

The gas with ethanol absorbs water over time. This can cause a number of problems in a small engine.

If enough water is absorbed the gas won't burn properly. It can also cause internal rust. It's ok in your car as you burn through it fast enough not to cause a problem. In a mower it may sit in the tank a week or two between mowing.

Then you fill the tank from a gas can that has been sitting as well. It's only common sense to use gas without ethanol in you equipment with small engines.

@Anonymous

`It may be common sense to you anonymous, but not everyone is a mechanic. Besides, whether or not I used ethanol gas is not the point.

The point is I was not made aware of this issue with ethanol until after the sale of both the mower and the service contract.

The service contract makes no mention of the use of ethanol gas.

I could take them to small claims if I had the time.

The most important point is that Lowes does not honor their service agreements and they stole 900.00 from me and my family by selling me this piece of junk.

nikalseyn

Common mistake by those who want to "save the planet." Using ethanol is never a good idea for any gasoline engine. The higher the concentration of ethanol in the gas mix the more likely you will cause harm.

Remember this when you fill up your auto. Even one labelled "flex fuel" is at risk and the new ethanol mix of something like 85% ethanol is really causing people problems. It is what it is. Buy a good old gasoline engine or a two stroke and get on with life.

The planet will survive. But, don't complain about Lowe's.

But, you should feel really good knowing you at least tried to save the planet, don't you? Even if it costs you extra???

@nikalseyn

I don't know, maybe you think it's funny when someone rips another person off, but I don't. I work hard for the money I make and I don't like it when people or company's like LOwes rip me off.

They stole 900.00 from me just as sure as someone sticking a gun in my face and taking the money from my pocket. The service made no mention of using ethanol gas.

They lied. End of story.

@nikalseyn

I don't know the source of your info, but I am using ethanol juiced gas for my car, and guess what, it's still running strong. Never had any problems.

Done no harm to my car whatsoever. Lasts longer too.

You don't care about putting any effort toward saving the planet, do you? Gotcha

View more comments (7)
Review

Bought a lawn mower from Lowes that developed into a headache

We purchased a riding lawnmover in the store and the advertisement said next day delivery. When we finished the transaction (this was on a Saturday) we were told that the earliest delivery date would be Thursday, well that didn't work for us so we had to schedule another day 14 days out because of our work schedule. The delivery men called on the day of delivery and stated that it would be 4 hours later than the agreed upon time and if we wanted we could reschedule. We said no, we want it delivered today. When the lawnmover arrived the men could not even get it off the truck because the battery was dead, so they stated we can take it back if you like and you can reschedule to have it re-delivered. They also went on to tell us that they were delivery drivers from another Lowe's store due to all the New Bern delivery drivers calling out of work. So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvenience or anything. We finally got the battery charged and got to cut our grass three weeks later. I so very dislike Lowes not just for this incident but for others.
nikalseyn
#762048

Sounds like you are complaining just for the sake of complaining. Lowe's fixed the problem and seems to have tried their best to get the machine to you, etc.

Also, not sure why you feel the need to someone to say "sorry for the inconvenience" or similar.

People tend to apologize for every little thing, even when it is something beyond their control. I hope you bought a John Deere---otherwise, you will probably be sorry, anyway.

Review
Purchased a new washing machine in store -warwick RI. Good salesman - met plus 10% discount of Home Depot . Delivery for a Saturday. canceled 20 minutes before delivery time - damaged unit, they rescheduled for the following Monday. I took off work time again, ...
#762021

So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvience or anything.

View more comments
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • lowes failure
  • lowes rudeness

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy
Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When the refrigerator in my condominium died I started searching for a replacement online for a unit that would match the limited space available. I found a match on the Lowes website but their delivery and pick-up policy was not clear so I called the company for clarification before placing the order. I explained that my niece was living in the unit and I needed the unit delivered as soon as possible as she had a new baby and milk in the freezer that had to stay frozen. The women on the line told me that the unit included free delivery and pickup of the old unit and delivery would be no problem. I thanked her and said I would go online and order it and she told me that I could place the order with her and there would be no need to go back to the website. We received the order notification via email and I forwarded it to my niece to schedule delivery. She called me back within minutes to tell me that the unit would not be delivered for at least 2 weeks as it was a special order item - this was never mentioned when Lowes took the order. I tried to cancel the order so I could get the items somewhere else and customer service told me that it would be 5-7 days before the money would be refunded as they already charged my card. As I was complaining customer service kept telling me that they did disclose to me the delivery date which was getting me even more irritated. I said please point out where on this order it says the date when this order can be delivered. She pointed me to a small date on the delivery button on their website. I said "I never got to order this online your sales department took the order over the phone". She says I know but I wanted to show you that we do tell you how long it will take for delivery. What really pushed me over the edge is we still don't have the refrigerator but received a survey email questioning the unit. Well we gave them the feedback their terrible and deceptive service deserved. Today we got back that they rejected the survey review because it didn't match their guidelines. Since the survey was pretty much to the point I am guessing happy reviews are only accepted.

When you selected the model online and you had to enter your zip code to show the price (mandatory) in a box to the right it tells you when it will be available or if its currently stocked, as this should have been explained by the sales associate was probably just trying to get a sale . Probably just pushed the order through thinking that you were aware of the ETA due to you being online.The 5-7 day delay to get refunded on your card is not a Lowe's thing it is actually your bank when a refund issued it is instant, you can get cashed out which is the faster way of receiving your money back, if not your bank will give you the 5-7 day time frame. Further more Lowe's is one of the main appliance stores that contains stocked appliance and a wide selection , why didn't you check for stocked item's you would have been eligible for free next day delivery, you have to assume some responsibility at some point.

I have had all good experiences with lowes they credited me pretty much the cost of a jacuzzi spa tub for coming in the wrong color .which was a hearty credit.I was remodeling my bathroom at the time, and had to rent one of those small containers to store all my bathroom stuff.but I'm glad I saw this so I can look out for any billing problems,which would be on synchrony banks hands.

mz6594

Yes Anonymous reading is important. You must have miss read that the order was placed over the phone...

As it was wrong for the salesman didn't tell you when it would come in it was just as wrong for you not being able to properly read.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes' Inflexible and rude delivery service

I bought my appliance on Black Friday over the phone with the website. No one warned that the installation cost was $60 more than Home Depot. Then they called and said that the installation service demanded $12 more for a fuel surcharge. The scheduling was to take place at a later phone call, but they were mostly unavailable to call me and impossible to phone (no phone number given out). They have to call you so it took weeks to coordinate. You must be at your home phone at 8 am the day of delivery. Only then will they call and tell you the delivery time. Not the day before with a window of time. You cannot call them. If you don't answer the phone at 8 am, you are cancelled. No Saturday deliveries and you are not told this in advance at the point of sale. It has taken about 3 weeks and I just gave up and cancelled the order. This is no way to treat a customer.

I strongly agree with the anonymous reply on Dec 19th. But I do want to add one thing to that.

If it was the Delivery Dept they can't give you a time the day before, they have to route and load there trucks at the crack of dawn day of delivery, that is why they ask you to call them at 8ish the day of delivery, that's when they can give you a ballpark window. You have to understand that they have to route there trucks to where they can make sure all customers get there delivery for the day. People act like they are the only person getting a delivery that day. Delivery drivers sometimes have to take apart fridges in order to get them inside and then put them back together.

Some stops are time consuming and some are quick.

So therefore they don't have that kind of time to wait around. Some of these drivers push DOT regulation time as it is already

First off, Lowe's does do Saturday deliveries. Second, if you don't answer the phone call, your delivery is not cancelled.

If they call you many times and cannot get a hold of you, they will have to reschedule. They can't sit around all day waiting for you when you should be expecting the delivery. Also, they are not going to come to your house if you don't answer in case you forgot about it and are not home. Also, because your review is vague, I'm not sure if you meant that you did not get the phone number for the installer or for the delivery service, but you have to realize that these people do not work for Lowe's; they are contracted.

Lowe's cannot just simply give out phone numbers. Finally, you stated that it was about 3 weeks..

you wrote your review two weeks and a day after Black Friday. Get your facts straight before giving a bogus review.

A person with a little common sense would have checked on delivery and installation BEFORE they made the purchase. Why would you ASSUME anything about the charges for delivery and installations or even schedules. It's your own fault that you didn't ask before you bought.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Appliance delivery scam
I bought a Husqvarna 440 chainsaw from Lowe's on 8-3-13. Like many tools, you don’t always use them right away. In October I cut a few pine trees for firewood and although the saw was a little underpowered, it got the job done. I maybe used it about 15 hours. Then it...

I have ran a lot of different brand of chain saws, my experience with Husqvarna Is #1 and Husqvarna should not be sold in Lowe's or home Depot. Just find a authorized Husqvarna dealership and buy your saws there. When you leave the store with the saws at home Depot or Lowe's Your all on your own.

View more comments
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Lowes - 2-Double Cellular Patio Blinds

Went to purchase blinds, first time at Lowes for such a purchase. Jessy Cannao helped me. 9/13/13 rec'd a Quote. Picked the blinds. Gave her the measurements I did and my brother who is a contractor. 35x82. Jessy stated custom order so need to send out their person. I disagreed until she said the $35 would go towards my purchase. Pd $35 and install came out and put one blind at a different width like 36 1/2 or something, I disagreed but my brother already had taken my blinds away. Quote $255. I know I had to pay taxes on top of Quote. Called and Jessy in so told rep s I want to order the blinds and will be in to pay. She stated on top of that it is $70 to install, I stated I wasn't told that and my brother will install. She said it would be $348 and lose the $35 since that goes to install. Didn't order and still need blinds since in Master Bedroom. Horrible way to treat a new customer and do business. Bad taste for Lowe's so have to start over looking for blinds.

I didn't put down anonymous,here is another example of Lowes not being honest.

Review
#461905 Review #461905 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I ordered a door in the Paterson store...paid for it in full...they said door would be in on the 30 th...now I went to the store personally got the run aroundsaid it was delayed because of the holidays. It now would be in onthe. 3rd of Dec. I gave a contracted who...

The title of your complaint contains eta. This is ESTIMATED time of arrival.

Never schedule a contractor based on an eta. Wait until you have the product to set an installation date.

This is true whether you buy the product at Lowes, Home Depot or a small lumber yard. If they are not making it in a shop out back there is no way they can guarantee a delivery date.