Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Untrue Advertising Review

Lows add says the when you buy a refrigerator they take away you old one. When the guys came they said sorry they can't take the kind of refrigerator we had and left

Lowes kitchen cabinets

I have a kitchen that is fairly useless thanks to Lowes design team. $11,000 later and I'm stuck with a microwave cabinet that's totally useless and an island where nothing mathes. They tried having me call the kitchen manufacturer but they say it's a design problem and wash their hands of it. The store says no problem, we'll fix it and call you back tomorrow. Still no call. We are stuck living in a brand new house with a useless unfinished kitchen that can't be finished until somebody at Lowes wakes up and follows through with the talk. So far lots of friendly, lots of "no problem", but no action. It's beginning to look like I have to find the time to go in again and loudly rip a piece off the store manager at the customer service counter in front of all the customers. And that just not my style. How low do I have to go at Lowes to get what I paid for.

Lowes review in Saint Petersburg, Florida: Lowe's environment experience

I worked for Lowe's and, stores usually have 1 or 2 people scheduled per area per day. The workers have a huge list of things to accomplish by the end of their shift. Then they have to provide consultations with customers which take 20min.-2-hours to complete, per customer. The truth is that, if they only had to do sales, the departments would probably be well staffed. Whenever, the worker is interrupted from whatever they are working on at their computer station, the computer logs them off, and they have to start all over again. Daily life for Lowe's workers is high stress because they never have back-up assistance, their job task list is longer than their shift, and if their employment is not threatened by days end by an upset customer, their employment status is threatened for not completing all of the maintenance and re-stocking that needs to be done. How would you like to have your job threatened everyday? The fact is that customers act differently in Lowe's than they would in front of their own employer or clients. Customers walk in and demand one-on-one attention to their need, and if they don't get it, they ask for the sales person to be fired. Customers buy items, take them home and use them or break them, and then expect Lowe's to give them their money paid back, or they will sue, call the corporate office, of make a scene at the store. Unfortunately, Lowe's doesn't fight back against these abusive customers. I agree that Lowe's, and their suppliers, make often mistakes, mostly those mistakes are made because of their computer program known as 'ISST' is a mess, they should have dumped it a decade ago, it just does not perform at the level the this retail giant wants to do business in terms of managing construction, or pulling product. It's a dinosaur and so is their DOS based Genisis. When you look at who they are hiring in the installed sales department, it's typically people that have never ran or worked in a major construction business. They cannot relate to the construction issues consumers are talking about and don't know how to resolve them either. Product issues are due to ISST's documents which are difficult to follow (they're in all CAPS, with no line breaks), or supplier errors. If it's cabinet sizes differences, it's either the cabinet designer at fault or the person who provided the room measurements. The problems could be resolved if Lowe's hired construction administration experienced people to begin with to make decisions for them, and fixed their computer issues. The other side of the problem is that Lowe's has a huge volume of customers that over-step their bounds to get some sort of compensation out to their problem, which was their fault to begin with, such as breaking products before they return them, or deciding on shopping on the busiest time of the day, to resolve a lengthily issue. One customer returned tile adhered to cement board to Lowe's because his client didn't pay for the remodel, so he cut out the tiled area. Another customer didn't want building inspectors in his home, which would have revealed some un-permitted work, so he created an elaborate story blaming the Lowe's employee to gain his contractor measure fee back. The employee received a write-up for the false customer report. A jealous wife heard her husband talking about his visit to Lowe's where he visited with a female sales person about product. The wife called corporate, made up a story and had the woman fired. The woman without a job did not qualify for unemployment because she was fired, and was left without an income for her family. Several people last year returned expensive appliances because "they didn't work right", however, when inspected by a repair person, there was nothing wrong with them and they worked fine. Lowe's lost thousands of dollars on appliances that are now considered "used" and have scratches from homeowners. Most of the items that are returned to Lowe's by customers that have not been honest, are not re-sellable. Lowe's loses money every day to bad customers. When you take into account all of the bad situations where Lowe's is held accountable, it really is not 'Lowe's' fault, to begin with, but they are ultimately held responsible for the loss.

Kristy, I don't know if you bought a price reduced item due to the BBQ being displayed outside and exposed to outside conditions before being purchased by you. I don't know if you purchased a previously Returned item.

I also don't know how long the item was in your possession before you discovered that it had rust, if you had it loaded at the store then got home and began unloading it and discovered it, then drove it right back to the store, then their is a high likelihood that the product was unsatisfactory at the time you purchased it. However, my assumption is that you inspected the item before you allowed it to be loaded up into your truck because you mentioned that you were adamant about the BBQ's condition at the time of purchase. It was probably for a an event that you were having. From my experience, people return items because they don't find value in what they purchased any longer.

Most of the time it's because they've used the item. As I mentioned above, I am an ex-employee and don't work there any longer, but the common theme of returned items is that customers act like some act-of-God just came down and before their items are put into the cart by the cashier and they've rolled the cart out the double doors, that someone smashed their stuff. Cameras in the parking lot area record customer's unsafely storing their purchased items in their vehicles, mishandling items, dropping items.

Items are crammed into vehicles, set against sharp objects, stacked and not secured. All of those things do damage items after the item is purchased at the cash register.

So I was wrong returning a bbq that I A)did not have long enough for the wood to look like it was left out in the elements for 2 years B)was all rusty inside(even the instruction booklet was rusty when I clearly asked for one that was in the box, but was told after the fact that all the other bbq's they had either had broken parts or were missing parts(was told this after I had already paid for the bbq)? And wrongly told me that the bbq would be fine where he placed it in the truck(I wanted to move it to where I thought it would be stable-turns out I was right)- causing damage to the truck when the bbq shifted.

I also work retail and I feel your pain. Nothing you said is wrong.

I could also add some more to your tale but it is perfect the way it is. The customer is not always right and it is about time retail woke up and smelled the coffee

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Installation

Lowes review in Jacksonville, North Carolina: Needed replacement cooking grates for 3 year old Master Forge Grill

Contacted Master Forge two times about needing new cooking grates and was given a reference number each time and was told someone would get back to me. I never received a call back. I called back myself and on the third try after a weeks time I was told that they no longer make parts for my grill even though the exact same size grills are on their new, similar charcoal grills at Lowes. I loved their grill. Now I will look elsewhere for a product that stands behind their product. I was even told by one employee at Lowes to check with Sears.
Suzann

Why not just buy a new grill? Maybe the new grills have longer lasting cooking grates.

Jonerik

So if they use the same part on the new grill why not just say you have one of the new grills and need a cooking grate for it?

View more comments (1)

Lowes Installation Review

Fence was installed 6 feet inside of property lines. Looks terrible. They refused to fix it. They said I got what I paid for. Now I can't enjoy my yard because I am reminded of their terrible customer service.

Lowes review in Greensboro, North Carolina: Poor cabinet installation

Lowe's will mislead you about the time a installation will take, I purchased a Shenandoah kitchen cabinets for what is called a ten foot kitchen and have spent a great deal for upward $40K. The contract stated the project duration of 30 days, I am handicapped and my wife and I thought that was excessive and ask why would it take so long, the sales lady said they use that number just in case there are material deliveries issues and schedule conflicts but we should not worry that the time is usually much less. We are now into 31 days since construction begin and all the cabinets are still not installed, they just came out and measured for countertops and was told that fabrication and installation could take two to three weeks, there is still so much to do that I doubt they can get it done in 60 days. The contractor they are using is named Upfit LLC (UNFIT would be more appropriate)only uses one man for the installation and in the past thirty one days he has been on the job 89.33 hours, he only works three to four days a week and a average of four hours a day, and the quality of work is something that a thirteen year old might do. I will be posting a video. Some things you will see is no sheetrock behind cabinets, he used paneling behind some cabinets that was demoed from the kitchen and did not even bother to rip so edges would land studs cabinets not anchored to studs, instead of fixing flooring under cabinets as contracted to do he just put down nailing strips, ceiling where soffit is torn out not repaired, I had to call in a third party wood flooring firm to repair floor where they broke up the flooring and did not have the expertise to repair, the worker with out permission went into another part of my home and retrieved some flooring that was for another project that did not even match and try to install, there were design bust with the sink and sink base that would only allow for a 1/2" counter top revel that if I had not caught they try to cover up. The cuts in the back of the sink base was missed and looks as though it was shot with a gun, they broke my alarm system, they broke my range, they want protect the house from debris, (a little plastic please). Whenever confronted with doing the right thing or the most expedient expediency wins out hands down I mean I could write a book on these clowns. When I called to complain I am just getting the brush off, no one at Lowe's gives a *** once they get you to write a check. Like I said if I can figure out how to link video I will, it is much more descriptive. If it was not so serious it would be funny.

Lowes threatens their installers and fabricators all the time. When something happens, say a miss measurement by the store or they don't give you the right information, they pass the cost onto the installer/fabricator.

Seems as the installers and fabs lose more money to Lowes then make money. I don't know how they deal with Lowes.

You can get cabinets and countertops for far less money outside of Lowes. Honestly, they installers are threatened so much, I wonder if they even care when they are on a job

It's a sad tale. I actually do some installs for Lowes (can't spell Slow without loweS) through a contractor I got in with when the economy was in the toilet.

They abuse their installers so bad it's a joke. I have a kitchen I put in a couple of weeks ago, should be done with it right? No, two cabinets were miss ordered and the tops are due Thursday, they just told me this, the new cabinets are coming in Monday, and I have to swap them out. How much will they pay me to do this at a job that is almost an hour from my home?

Nothing. This is common, if they screw up the contractor is required to make return trips for nothing. What contractor puts up with that for long?

I"m done with them.

They have a new program, they collect all the cash up front on major remodels, then pay the sub when it's done, the sub has to buy all the materials for the job, that Lowes has already been paid for...WTF? Real contractors never take all the money up front, we take a material deposit, and may have draws as things are completed.

This is why you hire your own contractor. In hiring your own contractor you know who will be doing the work and can check their references.

When you use Lowes or Home Depot you get whoever they hire for your job. You have no idea of what kind of work they do.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Tucson, Arizona: Their Employees are the Worst!

TOTAL DISRESPECT FOR IT'S CUSTOMERS. They have some girl that works in the garden department - female gilligan we call her. She has NO respect for customers. We caught her up at the cashier registers speaking with cashier just trashing a customer that she had been helping, mocking the way the customer spoke and walked. When the manager was notified, all that was said; oh gosh, i'm sorry... what is that.. well yeah, i guess you are sorry if that's all you can do about it! the employees was completely unprofessional, and you know if she did it once, and did care who was watching or heard, she's done it before, the store is going totally down hill!!!!!!

Get over it. Seriously customers are far from nice.

They are down right rude and mean then expect you to treat them with total respect they're the customer after all. F THAT, treat me bad and I will treat you bad right back. Clearly this Lowes employee was just venting after a bad experience with a customer. To top it off you want her punished!

Punished for what exactly? Expressing her feelings? Lowes employees are people too and have the rights you do.

Matter of fact you bad mouthing a "bad mouther" on the internet. Think about it....

@SharkNasty

Ur an ***! Bad employees is right!

we witnessed the entire incident. The employee was most unprofessional. the customer had not done anything! The customer had infact waited for about 20 minutes for the RUDE employee to come and look at a plant.

The customer said NOTHING INEXCUSABLE! and was not rude, mocking or anything. You MUST BE MALE, or a bipolar female!

or some 20year punk! with NO respect for anyone!

@SharkNasty

i have run a contracting business for over thirty years. if i had an employee who as yourself thought it was ok to vent on customers or even discuss in in front of another customer, id fire him in a heartbeat.

Customer service means everything to a small business. As for Lowes they have the worst customer service I've ever seen.

I've been lied too on more occasions than I can even remember. I've received defective merchandise, the wrong item and the wrong quantity. Its usually a terrible experience to try to get anything corrected.

I guess the answer would be to not purchase anything from them. The reality of this situation is that im in a small twn and once they build a store in a small town they run all the local merchants out of business

Some of the customers aren't much better.

View more comments (3)
Review
#492076 Review #492076 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes review in West Bloomfield Township, Michigan: POOR CARPET INSTALLATION!

We entered into contract to purchase and install carpet. The contract had carpet purchase of 900 Sq. Ft. at $2232.00 and installation labor charge of $815.40. Full payment was made and we awaited installation scheduled for 5/22/2014. The following is a list of the deficiencies following installation: 1. The carpet is not all tight and snug. There is a raised bump radiating from the east wall in the living room about 1 inch high and about 14 inches long. 2.There are several places where the tack down staples are showing and are obvious. Our old carpet installation did not show any staples. 3.We were told by the installers to put down “transition strips” to cover the gap where new carpeting met the old. Our old carpet had no “transition strips’ and had no obvious gaps where the carpets met. 4. Upon completion the installers asked if I had a good vacuum cleaner. Upon an affirmative answer they suggested we do the clean up of all the tufts, fuzz and lint. Whereupon they left. (They were there about 10 man hours.). 5. My contract states I paid for 900 feet of carpet and 855 feet of pad. Did I over pay for the amount of carpet or was 45 feet of carpet laid with no pad? 6. When we vacuum in a certain direction we get diagonal lines in the carpet. The poor quality and service has certainly put LOWES in my DO NOT SHOP and DO NOT RECOMMEND folder.
Review
#492057 Review #492057 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes review in Alliance, Ohio: Discrepancy between website and in-store availability

We are in the market for a reel mower. I searched Lowe's website, and found the brand I wanted at a great price. Since the item was in-stock, according to Lowe's website, at only 1 local store, we called before making the 1/2 hour drive. The lawn/garden associate searched the floor and warehouse with no success. Just to see if the item was available for purchase, I went to Lowe's mobile site and placed the item in my cart for in-store pickup. I showed the associate my phone, and asked what they would have done if I'd paid for the item at home and found it was unavailable when I got to the store. He stated that he wasn't sure. Another associate chimed in and said he remembered selling the floor model at least one month prior to our visit. We went to the customer service desk where we were NOT greeted by the customer service rep (this is common in most retail stores, unfortunately). After explaining our situation, we were curtly informed that there is a day's difference between in-store availability and what is shown on the website, and that we should have asked for the item to be pulled from inventory before we came to the store. She seemed skeptical that we even found the item online, and asked to see it on my phone. We also explained that another associate said he sold the item over a month ago, which was ample time for the website to have been adjusted. She didn't offer us any alternatives or apologies for our inconvenience until I made a comment about the lack of concern for customer satisfaction on the part of many retailers, including Lowe's. She promptly cast the blame on the lawn and garden department staff, then offered to call a few other stores for us. We explained that there was no need for her to do so, because the website only showed availability at her store!
Product
Lowes Website
Tags
  • online ordering
  • real-time inventory

Lowes review in Port Saint Lucie, Florida: Abusive sick place, abuses patients and people, crazy sick staff

beware of new horizons of port st lucie and the area there- it is a mental health facility full of really abusive nasty people and a sick staff that is crazy themselves and are the ones that need to be there. new horizons is a terrible place that abuses patients and people there. the doctors are sick people who abuse patients as well. I know people who were abused there by the staff and doctors. its a really bad place and people need to know and beware. there is a female indian employee there who is fat dumb and really sick too. this place is unethical and bad and needs to be sht down..

I have no idea where the *** lowes came from...this is about new horizons..