Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Azusa, California - Waiting all day

I took a half day from my job after scheduling a appliance delivery at 8:00 A M and now it is 2:11 PM. Waiting all day and had to take a whole day cost me time and money. Why schedule if they just go by their own schedule and not ours? I have now to take a vacation day. What does a poor man/women do when they live from pay check to pay check and a day is taken out? Wow? Never will I buy from Lowe's again. "Let's not build together" as stated in their ads. If this was my job - I would be fired.

Keep in mind. Your getting a free delivery and a free hook up.

And, they have delivery stops that can take a while due to having to tear down fridges to get them inside, then put them back together. Yes, allot of people want a time, but giving times are the worst thing to do because you never know what kind of problems they are going to run into at another customers house. You know the day your getting the delivery and hook up and it's free. Then be grateful for that.

These drivers have a job to do too.....

They didn't get a FREE delivery to you on your time??? Those jerks!!!

Get a life and get a truck, quit complaining about a FREE service!! You should be ashamed!

Doesn't matter where you shop, deliveries are a problem. Never expect a delivery to show up at an exact time. If you can't be flexible, rent a truck and take the product home yourself.

Morganville Lowes Customer Service strikes out 2nd time

Morganville Lowes Customer Service strikes out 2nd time
First off, I was unhappy to find out my 6 foot Vinyl Fence panels were no longer stocked product. Also I had to find my old pamphlet at home and bring into Loews so they would acknowlegde that they sold it. Second, I ordered 3 panels within the department via a floor rep and had to go to checkout and wait on line to pay. I paid in advance to wait 2 weeks for them to do a stock transfer to Morganville NJ. Third, I arrived to pickup. They make you go to the Customer Service Dept. with receipt in hand. Jackie was having a *** day and provided me with an extension of her un professional attitude from previous customer contacts. Forth, she sent an associate to get the 3 panels. He calls the Dept. a few minutes later and is quickly off the phone. Jackie in turn advised me that I would have to sign the pikup ticket and then I can go acrosss the buiding to the lumber dept and they will help me load it. I advised her that I'm going over there and not signing anything until I see the product I paid 265.00 dollars for. She immediately replied "If I don't accept the product I must sign the pickup ticket anyway so she can do a return". Well there was a reason she had that speech ready, the product was damaged. I returned to Jackie and suggested to discount the product for damage to the stock. She walked away without asking how much and spoke to a supervisor. She retuerned right away saying no they can only do a refund on the order since it was " a special order item" ha! No authority to make the sale. So, I wrote on the ticket damaged in stock tranfer and initialed it before she rang up my credit card refund. The Fifth error on their part, I asked her to re-order it and she said she can't. I can ONLY re-order it by going back to the department where the fences are and have one of the floor reps order it! NO authority again! Well, I didn't order it. I'm spending my money on a new fence at another store. Now I lost 2 weeks, I can't install it during my time off work and now I need more time to find another fence! Oh yeah, the other time Lowes struck out swinging was when I bought 3 rooms of carpet from this same store and the print was so stretched out on the roll they couldn't match the pattern when they tried to seem it. They gave me a 250 discount then, so I even bought a BBQ grill from them. I'm glad I put it together myself because it still works!

Some of your points are valid but others aren't her fault. Just as you don't walk into the grocery store and expect the cashier to pull a couple of steaks out of the meat counter, the service desk doesn't write sales orders.

Tags
  • damaged stock

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Terrible customer service while buying a dishwaher

Arrived at store on 7/30/13 around 5:45 and was met by a rep named Sam Sam was not well informed about the product but all in all did a good job. I was told I would receive a rebate equal to the cost of installation at checkout. Well, this didnt happen. Sam asked someone, Tim his manager, and was told by Tim that he would need to look up the rebate on in house computer and print it. Sam couldnt find it and tried to get Tim his manager to help. Tim said he had a customer, which he didnt, and that we would just have to wait. We finally got Tim involved and were told it was a computer problem which was a lie as Sam had no trouble using the computer. Time was arrogant and not helpful at all. It tood almost two hours to buy a dishwasher. Tim left a bad taste for Lowes and I wont consider them again. This store is on Bobby Jones Highway in Augusta Ga

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Won't Refund Full Amount to Visa Card

I purchased a special order patio door from Lowes in Rock Hill, SC on 5/30 on my visa. When the installer inspected the first door, frame was damaged at top so Lowes pickup up that door and reordered. Second door came and, yes, frame was damaged again--cracked on side. I had Lowes pick up and demanded a full refund. All this has taken 60 days and now they are telling me that all they can refund to my visa is $427 and I have to take the rest in cash. What???!! The remaining balance is around $1300. My visa company won't help me as they say Lowes is willing to refund the whole amount. What a bunch of bozos! Lowes can't do anything right. Oh, also they are a bunch of liars--been lied to repeatedly. Don't plan on doing business with them again.

You're getting a full refund. What's your problem.

Can't you just take the cash, deposit it, and pay down your visa. Problem solved, move on.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - Carpet installation

If you are a person that is looking out for American jobs don't not let Lowe's install your carpet. Three Spanish guys that could not speak a word English installed my carpet. There was no possible communicating here! Also, it sounded like they were tearing my house down and that I was living in a foreign country. Never buy flooring again from Lowe's. They are in the process of installing it. I will post layer about how the job turns out. Lowes markets like they are an American family place.? Really? Now I am listening to Spanish music. Crazy! I posted more than need to say, but am required to type100 words.

I purchase 1633 sq. ft.

Stain master carpeting I was over charge $1996.00 the next morning I return as they were making the corrections they screw up 3 times before they got it right a different of $3000.00- $900.00 charges for Taxes and Labor the Promo read Stain Masters Carpet FREE Labor & Taxes with $5000.00 of materials. they made 2 separate receipts one for the Sub contractors materials such as padding tact strips labor on stairs. I had too insist on only one receipt for my "Lowes Promo 84 mos.at 5.9 %"

I got it!

Later then I called the credit card services checking on the amount I was still over charge $49.98 I took care of that. But still over charge of .98

Kadieann22

While the installers where installing my carpet, I quickly changed my mind. Even though the installers couldn't speak English which I disapprove of, they did an excellent job.

They where so attentive about closing the door every time they went outside and turning the light off when they left a room. They were also quick, hardworking, and good.

I will not be so quick to judge next time. Maybe Lowes will provide them with a class to learn English!

I have to agree with this person, the same thing happened to me and they installed it poorly and had to come back..the one guy kept shaking my hand and getting closer and closer..felt very uncomfortable..never again

$2000

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Retract my previous complaint of Lowe's.

Recently complained of a GE cooktop I purchased from Lowe's. Since it was past the 30 day return date-I was not able to return it. I called the corporate headquarters and talked to a very nice person named Nicole. She and the local manager here in Sarasota, Gary, took care of the problem and let me return the cooktop for a full refund. THANK YOU is all I can say! Great customer service and they went way over and beyond what was expected. I never expected a refund but was hoping for an exchange. A forever customer of Lowe's here.

Now if they could empower their local staff to make simple customer retention decisions like this one. But that would be bad for this website!

katie95467

Stll no help from lowes about Bfs lawn tractor. They dont stand by their extended warrenty.

We have told them what was wrong and they insist there is nothing wrong. Obviously they dont now their *** from there elbows and havent shopped there since.

nikalseyn

Glad to hear of your experience at Lowe's. We have been buying our appliances from them for some years now with great prices, service and free delivery. Highly recommended.

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Your practices

In 2005 my husband was an employee at Lowes. He was to have been a full time employee, but due to a mix up in training date, he was not listed as such. They were in the process of fixing that when he became ill, he died in Feb, 2006 of MRSA. He was 60 years old and had never been sick ever. Your company not only denied his life insurance, but in your most understand and caring way charged me over $600.00 to replace and install two hollow core normal bedroom doors. No discount, no compassion, just business as normal. My husband told me when he started working there that Lowes was a great company and would take care of him. RIGHT! I haven't been in Lowes since, will never go into Lowes again, and will tell everyone I can to shop at Home Depot. You don't give a hoot about your employees, your supervisors don't know squat, Your HR people don't know squat and the stock he took out goes up and down more than any roller coaster in the world. I hope Lowes gets EVERYTHING they deserve, and I hope this was an isolated case and you don't screw all your employees like you did my husband. I do thank the two employees that came to his viewing, and the one that came to visit him in the hospital. I have waited years to get this off my chest, and I do thank you for that!

My husband died on the job in the parking lot of Lowes Prattville. They say he didnt have life insurance.

I saw him sign up for it. I know he had it. The day he died in their parking lot while working I pulled him off the vent - the day he died they closed his My loweslife account so I couldnt see anything. They tol me it was workers comp - gave me cards told me not to use my BCBS but when he died they denied everything.

I got an attorney because they did not give me the life insurance and give me workers comp. Bless your heart!

#702022

Lowes doesn't care about their employees. Right before I left, one of my loaders was hit by a car and killed.

One of the ASM's told me he called out sick. I found out by a customer how my loader died. When I confronted the ASM about it, he said the police came in asking about his next of kin, but that didn't prove he was dead. He was so heartless.

This was on Christmas eve, and he had the nerve to tell me to get over it and get back to work. There was no memorial or anything mentioned of him. Lowes really doesn't care about their customers or employees, all they care about is their bottom line.

Lowes was the only place I have worked where I actually had to double check my hours, if you went over a certain # of hours, you didn't get paid for it. Your time was magically edited and of course the computer did it on it's own :sigh

This is common practice in the retail world. I work for a competitor of Lowes and I can assure you it's no different.

The people in charge don't care about us. All they care about is making more money on our hard work. I can assure the hardest part about working retail is working at the store level or in the warehouses. The big wigs at the general office think they know everything, when in fact they do way less work and know nothing while getting paid way more.

The whole system is corrupt. Richest man in Wisconsin owns where I work, yet he can't pay a decent wage or even give us a fridge in our break-room, forget decent AC during the 90+ weather.

No one gets the insurance threw our company because it's horribly expensive and does not cover much. You can be an amazing worker but one complaint about you by some crazy customer and you're gone.

I know what you are saying as I am a former employee of Lowes also. That is the way most stores are run, not just Lowes.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Customer service

every time i've gone into lowes in belle vernon pa. it has been hard to get help from the staff ,either there is no one around to ask question,they are not very knowledgable, or just don't want to be bothered. the employees are not very engaged.i don't know if it's because i am a women but they really don't want to take the time and any questions i've ask they have given me the shortest answer they can.i have started going to home depot even though it is further from my house. this is not a one time experience that i have had at the particular store. maybe they should get some lessons in customer sevice from home depot.

I have Had trouble with the service people cancelling service appointments.

Try calling them they will put you on hold for 30 minutes and then hang up on you,

Lady, if you knew the *** employees went through in the past two years, the money and perks that were taken from them, you'd be pissed to. Don't play the female card.

I worked at Lowes, training is limited, not every employee knows every department and which aisle it's located on. They are short staffed. And it's not just your store. I meet people on a weekly basis that hate their job, but they need that job.

The girl that works the register at my nearby pharmacy is a *** but I don't stop shopping there, she probably hates her job but needs to put food on the table.

So suck it up. Find *** yourself, or take the one word answers and run with it, or actual walk your lazy self up front to request assistance, better yet, push the dozens of assistant buttons throughout Lowes.

@Anonymous

You are very SMART! I wish everyone looked at it this way.

"Marty", I would not shop your store since your "values" have been put forth with great arrogance. Please tell us where you work so we may avoid the company who employs you.

As for any box store retailer, they are all the same, low pay, a company who only cares about themselves and low work ethics. Another Union hater.

just what the world needs.

Home Depot is no better I can assure you. I work for a competitor of both Lowes and Home Depot; the hiring process is interesting for us to say the least.

We hire base off inexperience and how easily we can influence you. We also pay you less because of this and you won't question it. We also will not hire anyone who has ever been in a union.

It drives me nuts when people come in to our stores and think we are experts because we are not. The average worker for us is a recent high school graduate or college student who has no experience with remodeling or doing lawn care AND WE WANT IT THIS WAY.

View more comments (5)

Screen Door from Lowes

about a month ago I ordered a Screen Tight Meadow in Natural Wood Screen Door. The door was 30 dollars more than Home Depot but I ordered from Lowes because the shipping claimed to be a week sooner. Needless to say the door did not arrive in time and when it finally did (10 days later than they claimed) the screen was ripped. So they offered to replace the screen, that was now 11 days ago and they tell me is "should" arrive sometime next week. Lesson learned - will NEVER shop at Lowes again, their attitude is so lax concerning customer care. This store sucks!

They estimated the manufacturers time of delivery. The rip was caused during shipment.

When else "should" they tell you it would arrive.

Why again was this Lowes fault? Because they were not overly apologetic, because they didn't go to the manufacturer to pick up the screen and deliver it to you personally, because an employee was there during the whole shipping process to make sure there was no damage to the door...ugh

ALL ORDERS PLACE VIA RETAIL STORES THAT ARE SHIPPED TO STORE ARE ESTIMATED DATES FOR ARRIVAL NOTHING IS GUARANTEED. The rip is unfortunate but it does happen and generally by the people shipping the item so be PlSSED AT THEM.

I work for a competitor of Lowes, I do a bout 1-2 special orders a week and every time I'm sure to tell the guest that's it's an estimated date and it could be here quicker or take much longer.

I've placed orders that say it will be here in 7 days for it to take 21 days. We've even had orders for certain items that say 14 days to take 6 months to get in because of supply and demand.

View more comments (1)
Loss
My girlfriend works for lowes and was written up for calling out sick. What is the point in having sick days if you can't use them. I just don't understand the point. Can anyone help me to understand why she was written up. I am just trying to get to 1 hundred...

I never had to have a doctor's note. She needed to contest being wrote up instead of accepting it.

View more comments